Code of Conduct

Default Just won Fumerie Turque WooHoo!

Well, I usually distrust ebay, but this seller has a sterling reputation. I worked my way through a large decant of Fumerie Turque this winter, and have been missing it ever since. I hate to wax poetic about a fragrance that gets so much praise already, so I will only say that I find it one of the most beautiful fragrances I have tried. Unlike many Lutens, this one doesn't turn into an ambery syrupy mess on my skin. It's one of those fragrances that I think every fragrance fan should try, just to get a sense of how masterfully a group of notes can be blended. So when it came up on Ebay I had to give it a shot.

The notes don't do it justice: currants, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper, vanilla.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Default Re: Just won Fumerie Turque WooHoo!

Good for you! That is a Lutens that I love..

Wow.. I hate you already!

Just kididng man... enjoy the frag

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I find Fumerie to work in any situation and just LOVE IT!

I have 1.5 bell jars of it and am worried when it will run out,which I estimate at the end of 2009.

Of the about 30 Lutens frags I know this is the best. Close second is Chergui, but I know that one just from a wax sample, that's not enough to judge it properly.

Kudos. It's a wonderful scent for the winter. I find it too smokey for the warmer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Of the about 30 Lutens frags I know this is the best. Close second is Chergui, but I know that one just from a wax sample, that's not enough to judge it properly.
    I totally agree, but Chergui is a bit sweeter and honeyed and works great, just great, in winter. I find it more 'special' because it is limited to when I want to make a statement, but the Fumerie on me is just one of those scents that works in heat or cold, in dress or casual, and can elevate my mood just by knowing I have it on

Basenotes Institution

Fumerie Turque is one of the export Lutens that I still have not tried yet. Sounds as lovely as I'm sure it smells. Congrats!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post

The notes don't do it justice: currants, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper, vanilla.

-Slim
    Actually the notes give an accurate picture of what this smells like on my skin .. a good smoky opening followed by a heavy ambery and sweet drydown (its all that honey, currants, beeswax, balsam, tonka, juniper and vanilla kicking in)...it could have been so perfect with half the sweetener ingredient list.

Eitherways, congrats on winning an authentic bottle off ebay (I am assuming you got quite a deal).
    -

its my SOTD today - beautiful scent - can't stop sniffing my wrists
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe