Code of Conduct

Default Swiss Army/Victorinox EDT

Today I wore Swiss Army to work and I have to say this scent elected a lot of comments all positive from coworkers.

Not that these comments swayed my view on liking this fragrance but I do have to say that it does deserve to be given a chance.

It is a fresh citrus floral with great lasting power and sillage that stays very liner I never detect any one note being predominate in this fragrance.

Edelwiss is the chief floral note of this Swiss scent. I have noticed that Swiss Army is trying to incorporate the company name of Victorinox into their brands image.

They should do the same with the fragrance. The name "Swiss Army" sounds stupid it would be better if they renamed it Victorinox - Swiss Army - just sounds better.

Default Re: Swiss Army/Victorinox EDT

Swiss Army seems to be one of those scents people love to smell on other people.
    It's very fresh, long-lasting and outdoorsy.

I've always liked it, a stellar performer.

But for reasons I don't understand, it nearly always gets trashed around here when a newbie makes mention of perhaps buying it.
    Renato

I like/own it. It gives off a creamy aromatic quality to me.

Cheers,
    Al

----Swiss Army is a fantastic fragrance for sure.....They launched a 2nd scent which I thought was not near as good as the original.... I can't remeber the name, I do believe it was Altitude or something like that.
    ----Swiss Army is a Great scent.....with great lasting power..... Is a bit harder to find than it used to be.
    ----Your idea with the new name sounds good.....but don't look for them to ever make a change....they should not want to tamper with success.
    Gary

I finished a bottle ca. five years ago, but won't go back to it: the mint might be the note that, in the end, spoils this for me. I don't like mint, full stop. Last month I blind-bought Altitude. Nothing exciting there - still there's mint, but almost undetectable. I'll give it more time and see.

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    Swiss Army seems to be one of those scents people love to smell on other people.
    Agree. I hated the smell on myself. Much better from further away.

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    This is very true ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I like/own it. It gives off a creamy aromatic quality to me.

Cheers,
    Al
    Very true too and I agree with you. This is what makes me like it. It has good sillage and I love getting wafts of it. Smells so clean, fresh and creamy(in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    This stuff really can't b applied on ur neck. It's strong. Forearms and stomach for me and gives off that awesome smell from far away

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    This stuff really can't b applied on ur neck. It's strong. Forearms and stomach for me and gives off that awesome smell from far away

Swiss army was great back in the day, received plenty of compliments, but became a fast selling fragrance and out of no where everyone was wearing it. I recently tried unlimited and it's quit nice .

Im currently half way through my 2nd bottle of swiss army and although i use it less and less as i discover new scents and just began dipping my toe into niche, this scent is great especially if your a teenager. Its versatile and has gotten me many compliments, its one of those scents ill always own because of the memories ive had with swiss army and was my gateway into scents. I think its the best fragrance avaible for under $25.

I have several samples of this that I was given years ago from a department store, and recently decided to try it out. I have to admit this is strangely my biggest compliment getter, which always makes you feel more confident when wearing a frag

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Swiss army was great back in the day, received plenty of compliments, but became a fast selling fragrance and out of no where everyone was wearing it. I recently tried unlimited and it's quit nice .
    I had the same experience, I feel like this almost exclusively happened to Canadians lol. I remember late jr high school this was the stuff to have. I ended up buying Altitude a few months back as that was the one to have shortly after and I have some positive memory associations with it, however, my tastes have changed now and I decided to give it up.

My good friend still wears Swiss Army consistantly, and I must say, it does smell great - great buy especially for the price.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Swiss Army definitely makes the cut for best values in men's cologne. I usually recommend Live Jazz to people looking for inexpensive quality, but you could do a lot worse than Swiss Army. I wore it for a while a few years ago and remember liking it quite a bit.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver