Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdown View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer without a doubt.

I have only wore it a few times but get great reactions every time.

The first time I wore L'Air du Desert Marocain I went out for lunch with my wife and she said I smelled amazing. When the waitress brought the menus she stopped for a second, closed her eyes and you could see her inhale slowly then looked me deep in the eyes, smiled and said I smelled incredible. My wife was floored and thought that the waitress (hot early 20's) was so forward with her sitting right there, lol. The waitress kept coming by very frequently (much more then the other patrons in a busy restaurant) and we had incredible service the entire meal.

The second time I was at dinner at another restaurant that was very busy and the waitress (again hot early 20's) said I smelled incredible, smiled was very touchy and laughing a lot. She kept walking by our table even though I requested a table out of the way, and shortly thereafter I saw her talking to the other waitresses and pointing to our table. Slowly over the course of the evening it seemed all the waitresses (about 10 or so all very attractive and early 20's - it must be their hiring practices, lol) slowly walked out of their way by our table and inhaled slowly and smiled as they looked at me.

I am aware that waitresses work for tips and I dine out frequently at very good restaurants but those reactions are unique in my dining experience.

Also, L'Air du Desert Marocain always seems to elevate my mood and I find myself inhaling my wrist deeply throughout the day. It is a true masterpiece.

ive been meaning to blind buy this for at least 4 months now...and i think this was the tipping point.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    ive been meaning to blind buy this for at least 4 months now...and i think this was the tipping point.
    It is great to know that I can help empty your wallet as so many Basenoters have helped to empty mine

Let me know how you like it

It doesn´t matter which fragrance (of my 45 bottles) I wear...they always say I smell good...to the right situation (or weather) the right fragrance...it doesn´t matter niche or designer (I like them both). I get a lot of compliments from women. It´s about the type of man and not which fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    It doesn´t matter which fragrance (of my 45 bottles) I wear...they always say I smell good...to the right situation (or weather) the right fragrance...it doesn´t matter niche or designer (I like them both). I get a lot of compliments from women. It´s about the type of man and not which fragrance.
    True story. I came in from working outside (my honey list of to do's) and while in the house my wife gave me a hug and said Mmmm..sweat. Go figure.

Sur la Plage

I wore Terre d'Hermes today to work. A female co-worker of mine said "It's a good thing you aren't my boyfriend, because I would have had a real hard time keeping my hands off of you today. Damn you smell good!"
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Guerlain - Coriolan
    Gucci - Pour homme

I received two female compliments today while wearing Boucheron PH EDP!

Sur la Plage

Was wearing Creed Green Irish Tweed today. When I checked out of my hotel this morning, the two girls at the front desk told me that I smelled "divine", and asked me to stand there a while so they could "breathe me in"
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It opens up nicely but the base reminds me and has the same vibe as the cheaper colognes and aftershaves at the local drugstore shelves. I'm not certain, but I think Andy Tauer as a small independent perfumer doesn't have access to a lot of quality ingredients and it shows in the scent. I would rather pay more or less for something from L'artisan or CDG instead in the same price range.

Just IMO, but I'd test before buying. I think it's a bit overpriced for the quality you're receiving from a niche scent.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 25th July 2008 at 10:17 AM.

Fahrenheit 32 is a new hit to me .. !!

Just do it......I bought this blind and have no regrets, as my wife regularly comments on how good I smell when I wear it!

After about a year of not wearing it (I kinda overdid it at one point), I spritzed on a light dose of Jean Patou Pour Homme on Saturday morning. I then went out for the day.

Nearly every woman (and one or two guys, thank Allah) with whom I crossed paths (in the mall, at the shops, in the restaurant where I had lunch, one lady on the street in fact) stopped me to ask what I was wearing and where they could get some. At one point, a young lass actually followed me for a block before accousting me and demanding, with a wry smile, to know what it was I was wearing.

It never fails. No other cologne in my rather sizeable arsenal ellicts anywhere near the estactic reaction JPPH does. The only one that comes close - a distant second - is Chanel Pour Monsieur. For those who are always asking what cologne is the best chick magnet, I have to say JPPH is, in my experience, the one.

Of course, when I inform them that it is no longer available, they unamimously express disbelief that any company would actually stop production of such a masterpiece (I don't reveal to them where I go to replenish my stash...)

Hey, Proctor & Gamble! Get a clue! Bring back JPPH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I agree w/ you. It is the fact. The only dilemma (I'm sure for some of us) is that wallets were almost empty when we realized that.

The colognes that gets the most compliments are the ones that work best with your skin chemistry.

CHANEL ALLURE HOMME AND ALLURE BLANCHE both get a LOT of compliments. In fact, I have two large full bottles of each, and at least 1 oz in testers, just because my wife loves it so much. her friends love it too.

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer without a doubt.

I have only wore it a few times but get great reactions every time.

The first time I wore L'Air du Desert Marocain I went out for lunch with my wife and she said I smelled amazing. When the waitress brought the menus she stopped for a second, closed her eyes and you could see her inhale slowly then looked me deep in the eyes, smiled and said I smelled incredible. My wife was floored and thought that the waitress (hot early 20's) was so forward with her sitting right there, lol. The waitress kept coming by very frequently (much more then the other patrons in a busy restaurant) and we had incredible service the entire meal.

The second time I was at dinner at another restaurant that was very busy and the waitress (again hot early 20's) said I smelled incredible, smiled was very touchy and laughing a lot. She kept walking by our table even though I requested a table out of the way, and shortly thereafter I saw her talking to the other waitresses and pointing to our table. Slowly over the course of the evening it seemed all the waitresses (about 10 or so all very attractive and early 20's - it must be their hiring practices, lol) slowly walked out of their way by our table and inhaled slowly and smiled as they looked at me.

I am aware that waitresses work for tips and I dine out frequently at very good restaurants but those reactions are unique in my dining experience.

Also, L'Air du Desert Marocain always seems to elevate my mood and I find myself inhaling my wrist deeply throughout the day. It is a true masterpiece.

Diverdown, you smell nice !
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Diverdown, you smell nice !
    Thank you Night, and the Mitsouko you are wearing today is spectacular

Night can appreciate the scent on me all the way from BELGIUM and I'm in Canada !!!!

If that isn't a testament to the olfactory greatness of L'Air du Desert Marocain, I don't know what is

Also, L'Air du Desert Marocain always seems to elevate my mood
    That's the key.

A great scent is a great scent, undoubtedly, but the true power of a fragrance is in how it makes you feel. Whenever I spray from that bottle of Himalaya, I feel like a million bucks (or pounds, or euros ). We all know that people act as they feel - if you feel confident, you will exude confidence.

It is in that respect that I believe great scents becomes legendary.

Having said that, Dunhill Desire turns my wife into a giggling, touchy-feely little girl. Suffice it say, I don't wear it often, for fear that she will no longer react this way.

I don't work around may females anymore unfortunately, but the one I am around has complimented me on Millesime Imperial, and wanted to get it for her boyfriend. That is, until she saw the price.

Sadly, she's only going to experience it on me from now on. I happen to be wearing it today.
    Last edited by baudilus; 30th July 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Oh, and Tauer's L'Air Du Desert Marocain makes women sit / stand that much closer to me - after replenishing my supply of GIT, it will be the next acquisition.

Most complemented frags to date for me:

Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Creed - Millesime Imperial
    Dunhill - Desire
    Armani - Code
    Tauer - L'Air Du Desert Marocain

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    After about a year of not wearing it (I kinda overdid it at one point), I spritzed on a light dose of Jean Patou Pour Homme on Saturday morning. I then went out for the day.

Nearly every woman (and one or two guys, thank Allah) with whom I crossed paths (in the mall, at the shops, in the restaurant where I had lunch, one lady on the street in fact) stopped me to ask what I was wearing and where they could get some. At one point, a young lass actually followed me for a block before accousting me and demanding, with a wry smile, to know what it was I was wearing.

It never fails. No other cologne in my rather sizeable arsenal ellicts anywhere near the estactic reaction JPPH does. The only one that comes close - a distant second - is Chanel Pour Monsieur. For those who are always asking what cologne is the best chick magnet, I have to say JPPH is, in my experience, the one.

Of course, when I inform them that it is no longer available, they unamimously express disbelief that any company would actually stop production of such a masterpiece (I don't reveal to them where I go to replenish my stash...)

Hey, Proctor & Gamble! Get a clue! Bring back JPPH.
    Great story. JP PH sounds great but it comes at too high of a price for me else I'd get it.

post deleted
    Last edited by izzy515; 4th August 2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: found a more suitable thread to discuss in

Somebody forgot to add Kouros here !
    Last edited by Night; 4th August 2008 at 06:30 AM.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Kouros? What's YOUR comment, please? I am more than curious, Night!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Why don't you ask SamplerMike ?

I like it a lot but only on a tall man with dark hair and ONLY 1 pschit, nothing else ...

Blog Entries

SDV and Carlos Santana got me some compliments this past weekend.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

A*Men
    I teach men how to improve themselves and seduce women.

www.datingRevelations.com <- My blog where you can find almost anything related to women and seduction.
    www.datingRevelations.com/forum <- Talk with other men around the world and share info about women.

There isn't a woman who doesn't want to have sex. There are men who have no idea how to escalate.

Silver Mountain Water (first time wearing today - first compliment early in the morning, followed by others)
    Straight to Heaven by Kilian
    Dia for men
    Duro Nasomatto

and finally

Patou pour homme privé

Would you believe the most complimented cologne for me this past couple months is "Wild Country"? Who would have thought a twelve dollar cologne could be so good?
    "Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis"

Suprisingly Hugo by Hugo Boss, a fragrance which i dont care for very much, gets me alot of compliments from random women. I was going up the elevator in my office a few weeks ago wearing Hugo and this hot girl looks me in the eye and says "you smell soooo good."

Comment from my dad - "Something smells like amber". Then I said "what do you mean?".... "You know, like east indian stuff"....

Don't know if he liked it or not, he was wondering where the smell was coming from... I changed the topic by discussing lunch...

Wearing C&S No. 88.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 10th August 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Just to echo Griff's words, Patou Pour Homme is just completely unmatched in my experience when it comes to drawing positive attention. Just about every time I wear it I get compliments. It is far and away the biggest compliment getter in my collection.
    The other two big ones are Bulgari PH Extreme and Roger and Gallet's Green Tea (Eau de Thé Vert) .
    Just started wearing Fumerie Turque and have received a healthy dose of positive compliments from that one as well, but nothing on the level of Patou PH.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Deleted.

Already posted in this thread.
    Last edited by joe mcclaine; 9th August 2008 at 10:28 AM.

Walked in to a store at the mall the other day and the over-exuberant-but-cute-enough-to-make-her-tolerable female sales associate exclaimed "someone smells amazing!"

I just came from Sephora trying on Dior Homme

the ones who tell strangers stop them to ask what they are wearin....
    could u please be more precise.
    i think that must be a lie. it soumds they would just come straight towards u.
    but how can the smell be in front of you while walking!??!
    and i cant believe that strangers then actually turn arround to chase after you and ask! accept teens maybe..
    i never ask someone either wow where did u buy your shoes or clothes! ...

You're walking around and shopping. You go up and down aisles, around stands, passing by people. They smell you as your cologne spreads out then they walk up to you.

I suppose you could be walking and they're behind you then when you slow down or stop by a store, they catch up with you and ask.

Most of the time, when I smell others, I'm either looking at items in the same area as the other person or they're walking by me or they're passing me going the opposite direction.

People are usually asking because they want it(cologne, clothes, etc) for themselves or their significant others, but it can also be a conversation starter. If someone had something you wanted, you can either hope to find it on your own or give the person a compliment on their tastes, make their day a little better and get the info you wanted.
    Last edited by Propaganda13; 13th August 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Well just to tell you that I was going to be nice and comile some stats here since I got to work early..well earlier but only halfway down page one I already had 2 legal pad pages of names. People like to list
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I think I've already posted somewhere in the pages of this thread, but I'll go ahead and contribute again!

Un Jardin sur le Nil, by far, has garnished me the most compliments. Males and females alike. Girls stop kissing their boyfriends when I walk by (true story, I tried it several times at my old job for coworkers that didn't believe in the power of scent) just to turn and see what smells like God's divine armpit.

Other than that, I think Hugh Parsons has landed me some wows here and there. Xeryus Rouge always brings me flirtatious looks and charming smiles. And, actually, Givenchy's Fresh Attitude Summer Cocktail was one I found to be extremely well-done, for a mainstream scent. Doesn't last too long, but it still gets the job done

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Update.. Still Gucci Envy..

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    I think I've already posted somewhere in the pages of this thread, but I'll go ahead and contribute again!

Un Jardin sur le Nil, by far, has garnished me the most compliments.
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but how on earth do you manage to survive the lemon top notes? They are soooooo sharp I had to wash it off after 15 minutes when I realized they are not gonna go away soon! Do you actually like them or you just put up untill it dries down?

Cool Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by petros View Post
    Funilly enough the most have been with Hypnotic poison (which actually is for ladies).

I did get a few with Minotaure.
    Also YSL Rive Gauche .
    Declaration Cartier.
    Kenzo Jungle.
    Fendi Life Essence.
    Laguna.Dali.
    etc,...
    Actually, I also have gotten ahold of Hypnotic Poison and that is a poison that can easily work for both sides. I work in a public setting and when I wore Hypnotic Poison for the first time, I got many "inviting" looks from women that I didn't even know. Their school girl grin told me everything.

Un Jardin sur le Nil, by far, has garnished me the most compliments. Males and females alike. Girls stop kissing their boyfriends when I walk by (true story, I tried it several times at my old job for coworkers that didn't believe in the power of scent) just to turn and see what smells like God's divine armpit.
    Isn't Un Jardin sur le Nil a woman's perfume? Or is there a mens version also?

Blog Entries

I got told by a female coworker yesterday that I smelled "incredible." What was I wearing? Good ol' Curve for men! It really does smell good on me, I think.
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 14th August 2008 at 07:13 PM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

So far its TdH in the few days I had it, I've gotten like 7 compliments.. then comes Bleecker Street... lots of guys like this one....
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 09:12 PM.

Question Sexy, Sensual Fragrance for a Teen Guy.

Hey whats up guys some of you have seen me on the "Just Starting Out" Threads and i figured i would move over here. Pretty new to fragrances but i know more than any of my other teen guy friends who all wear axe But i was wondering if ya'll had any suggestions for a sensual fragrance that the girls will love for a teen guy.....hopefully nobody will get mad at me for asking a question that might get asked around here 100 times a day but i couldnt find anything else that helped so ill ask myself. I own Armani Mania and am about to purchase Terre D' Hermes I think. I was thinking about looking into Gucci Envy but im open to suggestions from you guys about anything else. Thanks so much im looking forward to visiting here often!

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Sexy, Sensual Fragrance for a Teen Guy.

I suggest taking a look at this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189708

Some of the responses may be snide, but you might find some useful suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by bittersweet View Post
    I hope you don't mind me asking, but how on earth do you manage to survive the lemon top notes? They are soooooo sharp I had to wash it off after 15 minutes when I realized they are not gonna go away soon! Do you actually like them or you just put up untill it dries down?
    I get no lemon in the topnotes, just a very pleasant fizzy grapefruit and a sweet mango mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Isn't Un Jardin sur le Nil a woman's perfume? Or is there a mens version also?
    It is indeed classified as a woman's perfume, but it's regarded as a unisex scent . Although, it is a bit harder to pull of if you're a guy, but I think I've been successful in it so far!

Blog Entries

There's some great humor on that thread, too!

Hi there (again). Three more options.

(1) You need the search function. Top of the page, right hand side. Drop down and use the FIRST advanced search (Forums, not Blogs). Try searching "sensual", "romantic", etc. You will get other people's opinions - highly variable.

(2) My personal opinion. Dolce & Gabbana "the one" for men. Very soft, very sweet. Makes your skin just smell very, very nice - almost edible - when the nose is right up against it. I'm assuming that's what you mean by "sensual"...

(3) Do you have a girlfriend already? Is shopping together an option? Can you go to the fragrance counter and get a handful of samples to try on dates, or casual meetings? The most sensual fragrance of all, in my experience, is the one that she smells in the store with you, her eyes get huge, she puts her hands on you, and she says "Can I buy this one for you?" If you like it too, it's a guaranteed winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    I suggest taking a look at this thread: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189708

Some of the responses may be snide, but you might find some useful suggestions!
    Also check the sticky at the top ..

Xeryus Rouge!!

Tom Ford for Men
    "When he shook hands with me my nostrils were assailed by all the perfumes of Arabia."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

It is indeed classified as a woman's perfume, but it's regarded as a unisex scent . Although, it is a bit harder to pull of if you're a guy, but I think I've been successful in it so far!
    Actually i just noticed under Hermes site they list this under the "men and women" category so it is classified as unisex. Not sure if this is new or not

Both of the choices you had almost made for yourself are good ones.

I'd encourage going with Terre d'Hermes - it will not be identical to what most young guys are wearing (probaby a good bit classier than most), but not that radically different either.

(The shopping with GF suggestions was good advice, but if there isn't one, pick something YOU like. If the girls like you, they'll like the way you smell too -- the already referred-to sticky covers that ground thoroughly)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffpoos View Post
    Actually i just noticed under Hermes site they list this under the "men and women" category so it is classified as unisex. Not sure if this is new or not
    Yup, but in general, most retail stores will put unisex fragrances under women's perfumes. Better sales for them

I think you should try Rochas Man... you can get a 1.7oz for around $25 at those mall discount stores which should suit a younger budget quite nicely . It is a fantastic gourmand and most girls your age are more attracted to sweeter scents than spicier, complex scents. It's a creamy, coffee scent with notes of wood and musk... I think you'd like it if you like gourmand types. I used to have a bottle and loved it, but ended up selling only because I have some similar scents that I always reached for first.

(but yes, you would have found loads of answers in the sticky thread at the top of stories of compliments )
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Oh, and definitely get Terre d'Hermes.. it's unique, especially to younger people, and absolutely versatile.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

D&G The One
    Gucci Envy
    Armani Attitude
    Polo Double Black

Another good sensual one is Bvlgari Aqva though it may not be what you are searching for.

Also check your other two separate threads in the Just Starting Out forum in which you ask this same question.

With that said, check out Cavalli Black. A great sexy evening scent, I do hope you like it.
    Last edited by whosyourcaddy05; 18th August 2008 at 03:23 AM.

As it's my favorite, I can't help but recommend Dior Homme - I'll include with the other samples I'm sending you.

Both Terre and kouros do the trick. She'll recognize it soon enough.