Code of Conduct
Page 115 of 240 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 7188

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by alexjustdoit View Post
    Just to be off topic for a second, don't you think that thats a bit dangerous with an ex?
    Haha as long as you are single nothing is dangerous hahaha but we are on generally good terms.

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are you? I'm 20 I find almost anything garners compliments well if you just play it off well enough. Pure Malt last saturday was on fire though that really is a ridiculously good fragrance. You have to understand that to the average person almost all cologne will smell "good" enough to compliment on. Getting compliments tends to just revolve around your body language and comfort with the fragrance. The only time a fragrance will struggle to get compliments is if it reminds the person of bad experiences/people or they just really detest a single note in it.

double post woops

armani pour homme
    vetiver extraordinaire (frederic malle)
    esencia by loewe
    acqua di parma colonia intensa

Quote Originally Posted by nzyellowkid View Post
    Haha as long as you are single nothing is dangerous hahaha but we are on generally good terms.

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are you? I'm 20 I find almost anything garners compliments well if you just play it off well enough. Pure Malt last saturday was on fire though that really is a ridiculously good fragrance. You have to understand that to the average person almost all cologne will smell "good" enough to compliment on. Getting compliments tends to just revolve around your body language and comfort with the fragrance. The only time a fragrance will struggle to get compliments is if it reminds the person of bad experiences/people or they just really detest a single note in it.

I agree with this statement whole-heartedly. If I've noticed anything over the last 2 months (and I've gotten a ton of compliments...maybe like 25 or something) it's that just about any fragrance is compliment-able. If you think it smells nice, there is certainly someone else in the world who will agree with you. And if you wear something identifiable, then you've just quadrupled your probability of being complimented. I think the most important variable is actually application: wear too much and you'll rub people the wrong way; wear just enough and in the right place and you'll be a compliment deflecting machine! I'm a lot less heavy on the trigger nowadays as a result....
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

The new lady in my life has let me know (repeatedly, with gusto) that A*Men Pure Havane is her favorite. She also loves Chergui, A*Men, Ormonde Man, M7, Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme, DH Sport, and, surprisingly, Encre Noire
    Last edited by vbs; 3rd October 2011 at 09:45 PM.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

La Nuit De L'homme without a doubt. I dont think its the best in my collection to me but definitely the most complimented along with Le Male and Chanel Allure tied for 2nd place.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Actually just got a compliment from someone I didn't know today. It was Cool Water, interesting.

Platinum Egoiste today!

I usually get my compliment here and there at least 4 out 7 days a week. However, today was the perfect storm. I had just gotten to work and was turning my computer on when a female co-worker walked into my office and said "Dang, it smells good in here" I told her thanks and walked to Lab area where 4 other coworkers were standing and went crazy on complimenting my scent of the day. Later today, I walked accross to the street to eat lunch with my wife and as soon as I got there four of her coworkers commented on how good I smelled. That's almost all the women I came in contact with today. I never imagine to have that kind of affect today. You must wonder what could cause such chaos. It's actually a little concoction I made up today but seems to work better than they do separately and they are great fragrances LE LABO ROSE 31 AND BLACK AOUD BY MONTALE. I smelled the aoud on me but the Rose seemed to project more as they were saying it was something amazing floral with something dark beneath.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Got a compliment from a female co worker today wearing Creed MI 6 hours after application. It was no longer perceptable to my nose.....

I liked it for 15 minutes to feminine for me I would wear it to bed smells like a body spray lol

studnet loans

I've been getting a plethora of compliments from Aventus, YSL L'Homme and CK Euphoria Intense.

Just a few days ago I popped into my bank to deposit some money. I approached the very pretty female teller, told her I was making a deposit and removed the cash from my wallet and placed it in the window tray. Next thing, her coworker passes by and comments on the lovely smell. She then says to me "your money smells good". I ask her what does it smell like and at that same time her coworker steps over and they both agree "incense". Then I rem that the previous night I had left the cash notes next to my bottles of Ormonde Jayne Man and Isfarkand. When I came home I sniffed the surface of my dressing table and the lovely spicy smell of OJ man still lingered on and was really classy.

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    Just a few days ago I popped into my bank to deposit some money. I approached the very pretty female teller, told her I was making a deposit and removed the cash from my wallet and placed it in the window tray. Next thing, her coworker passes by and comments on the lovely smell. She then says to me "your money smells good". I ask her what does it smell like and at that same time her coworker steps over and they both agree "incense". Then I rem that the previous night I had left the cash notes next to my bottles of Ormonde Jayne Man and Isfarkand. When I came home I sniffed the surface of my dressing table and the lovely spicy smell of OJ man still lingered on and was really classy.
    Certainly better than my money smells. Given the state of the US economy, I've taken to soaking all of my bills in kerosene

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    So girls love the smell of money you say? Nothing new there, mate...

Quote Originally Posted by mrhviid View Post
    so girls love the smell of money you say? Nothing new there, mate...
    lol!

Ole Ben Franklin never smelt so good in Ormonde Jayne Man...

Got a compliment for my Nautica Voyage, well not exactly but I'd take it. This girl who was my lab partner, I am in college, thought I wore Hollister cologne, I was a bit mad at first comparing the Nautica to that clothes store, but then I figured hey, someone can at-least smell the scent. Usually with this scent, not many would take heed to it, as it is pretty subtle, I am happy, she said I smelled preppy and such, I didn't mind. And she wasn't, I give you that.
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

Got a nice compliment from the lady serving lunch at my college today. I had put on about 6-7 sprays of Aventus in the morning, but I can never smell it on me, and I have an apparently 'weak batch.' In fact, throughout the day I only kept smelling traces of Tobacco Vanille from the night before! When she asked what it was, I told her Aventus, but now I'm starting to wonder what she was actually smelling...

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    Got a nice compliment from the lady serving lunch at my college today. I had put on about 6-7 sprays of Aventus in the morning, but I can never smell it on me, and I have an apparently 'weak batch.' In fact, throughout the day I only kept smelling traces of Tobacco Vanille from the night before! When she asked what it was, I told her Aventus, but now I'm starting to wonder what she was actually smelling...
    Don't you shower or change clothes

Is Aventus still the latest trend here? haven't checked in a while. I'm thinking of selling my 2.5 oz (supposedly good batch). I wore it a few times but it's not really clicking with me.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Don't you shower or change clothes

Is Aventus still the latest trend here? haven't checked in a while. I'm thinking of selling my 2.5 oz (supposedly good batch). I wore it a few times but it's not really clicking with me.
    That's the point! I had showered and changed clothes but could still smell the TV on my wrists!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    That's the point! I had showered and changed clothes but could still smell the TV on my wrists!!!
    Not surprised by this, my guess is she smelled the aventus though, It has the same effect on me as well. Can't smell anything and people are like wow what is that???? As far as Tobacco Vanille that stuff has nuclear sillage and Longevity but since you showered the sillage from the scent was dead..

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I started wearing Santal by Fragonard daily about three weeks ago (I thought I'd give it a go as an inexpensive Autumn daily scent), and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've received compliments on it from almost every single person I've spoken to since then, male and female. I've even had random people on the train to work and in cafes and restaurants asking me to write the name down for them. A very positive result!

Otherwise, of the many, many fragrances I've used over the years, I've received the most compliments on Original Vetiver by Creed, Tam Dao by Diptyque (which I think has superficial similarities to the Santal), L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, and Synthesized Musk by Main + Goetz.

I think part of the appeal of these fragrances is that they're all a little bit unusual in some way (to the untrained nose anyway), and they're also reasonably rarely encountered by the layperson. They stick out a mile from all the generics the people around me are wearing, and of course it helps that they mostly have pretty good sillage.

I suppose selecting a fragrance to get you noticed (especially by the ladies) is a bit like selecting clothes for that purpose, or even a car; copy everyone else and you'll be a nobody, but go your own way, with confidence and style, and you'll really make an impression.

Oh, also... I recently doused myself in Allure Edition Blanche by Chanel while browsing a department store, and received three compliments within as many hours (first from the female friend I met afterwards, then from a waitress in the sushi restaurant where we had lunch, then from my flatmate when I got home). I would buy a bottle based on that result alone, however I think it smells a little too much like a cheaper version of my beloved Creed Original Vetiver, so I'm going to give it a miss!

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Newb here, been buying decants of a bunch of the well-reviewed and higher-end stuff. By far, the one that women have been commenting on the most is Aventus. Next is Terre D'Hermes.

Dependent

Got my haircut today and got complimented. The woman cutting my hair asked what cologne I was wearing, and I was like "Oh no... am I wearing too much?!" She said no, and that it was really really good and wanted me to write the name of the cologne down for her. Strange, normally I don't get compliments...

Hypnose by Lancome

I would say "abercrombie & Fitch - fierce"

Wore L'Anonyme ou op today and got 3 female compliments and 1 from a male. I've been starting to really love this particular fragrance

Considering that all niche fragrances that I have, I acquired in last 2 months, it's obviously something that I won long time. That is Fierce from A&F. That's my most complimented scent but I have it for 3 years. That is gonna change soon.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

YSL La Nuit De l'homme really gets some attention, I have to admit.

Versace Dreamer last night! So far this fall, Versace Dreamer has been my most worn fragrance. After 5 minutes of application, this fragrance is just GOLD!

Page 115 of 240 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 165 215 ... LastLast