Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fragrances that have made women chase you down

I'm sorry, it may be late and I might be getting cranky, but am I the only tired of stupid threads like this?

On this same page we have a guy asking for the sexiest fragrance, one talking about fragrances that make women shout you smell incredible, and a huge sticky at the top of the page talking about what gets the most compliments.

What could you possibly garner from this thread that you wouldn't from any of the two million same threads that could be easily found by using the search button?

You guys do know that when it comes to women a good fragrance is nothing compared to decent looks and a good personality right?

Can't we just bundle all questions about women+fragrance into one giant sticky?

And seriously, do you honestly believe that even if a woman did chase a guy down over his fragrance (something I'd call BS on anyway) that they would chase *you* down even if you bathed in the same thing?

Any guy that gets chased down over how he smells would probably get chased down by the girl for one of 100 other reasons.

I wish we could break down fragrance discussion into a two boards. One general male discussion ie new releases, reviews, etc and one board just on scent and women.

You don't have to read it, but thanks for stopping by!

Default Re: oh my god! you smell INCREDIBLE!

Creed MI, time and time again
    YSL M7
    Tuscany Forte (heavy artillery)
    Rochas

But the winner is...Rive Gauche, its brings out the primal in women.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    shock and awe and guttural laughter. But seriously guys, this thread has had my jaw dropping. And please don't mind me, I'm just a chic lurking, but I just had to stop and offer up a grunt here.

In particular I love the idea of a scent inducing trust.

Don't take me wrong. I'm not immune to the power of a man's scent, mind you. I am here, you know: I'm noting some of these fragrances. And I'm not actually doubting any of your conquests, nor the impact your fragrances may have had upon them.

I'm just wondering who ARE these young hotties rendered immune to their higher cognitive skills, and are they wearing heels or perhaps running shoes when they chase you down?

When I have kids I'm clothes pinning their noses shut. Dangerous deceptive heartbreaking boys. Bad men with bottles of doom.

Maybe I should just shut up and go back to lurking the Humbert Humbert thread.

Haha, well put! I believe the idea of a fragrance inducing "trust", in a sense, means it's an easily-opened door to trust (on a superficial level, as you would expect at a party of teenage caliber). If there's something about you that made her think twice and actually notice you, you have a stronger chance of approaching her later on in the night. Guys have the finely-tuned ability to pick up these kinds of reactions, and so without thinking, we'll casually glance around the room and see the girl who;s looking at us, and smile. That's just opened the door for us to proceed and make conversation -- because it's not some random girl we're approaching. We can show her that we really are trustful, smart, caring and kind guys... but that's after we seduce her

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I'm surprised that Nightflight doesnt evoke this reaction (I've gotten a heap of compliments wearing it from the under-25 crowd). IIRC you gave this a glowing review?
    Yes, I love Nightflight. My first blind-buy and one of my best choices ever I was considering wearing that, but the thing is, Nightflight doesn't like hot summer nights (on my skin, at least. Brings out the sharp lemon/pineapple notes) but it works unbelievably during the winter. It'd be a bad idea to use that one I was thinking of going with Un Jardin sur le Nil, because it's absolutely bulletproof, and will undoubtedly draw attention, but I'm getting kinda bored of it.
    Last edited by Leifer; 30th August 2008 at 07:52 AM.

well said shalasaska .... im glad you have joined the crusade !!

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    Dimitri/TwoRoads,
    You both definitely have me interested in Musk Gahzelle. Where would one find this magical elixir?

Here's a snap of the Musk Ghazelle, Quixotiq... will PM you details in just a moment
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 30th August 2008 at 08:06 AM.

What's wrong with this type of thread? Do you know how much has been talked about on this forum before? If everyone used the search button for everything, there would be little to no new threads.

Light-hearted threads like these are the gears that keep the momentum going. I bet you a ton of people are going to go out and try the colognes discussed in those threads, then post their own thread talking about it and looking for similarities and opinions. This community is just as much about having fun as it is about the "serious" discussion about men's fragrances.

It's not like these threads are flooding the forums -- there's plenty of others out there discussing the things you want to join in discussions about, leave us alone!

Well shalashaska, your whining irritates me just as much as leor_77's redundant question. But I applaud him for his great answer to your crankyness. leor_77 +1, shalashaska -1

If you're this irritated by another "what do chicks dig" thread with only 60-some posts under your belt, I can't imagine you lasting very long here. Just in-case I don't get a chance to tell you good-bye when you leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    What's wrong with this type of thread? Do you know how much has been talked about on this forum before? If everyone used the search button for everything, there would be little to no new threads.

Light-hearted threads like these are the gears that keep the momentum going. I bet you a ton of people are going to go out and try the colognes discussed in those threads, then post their own thread talking about it and looking for similarities and opinions. This community is just as much about having fun as it is about the "serious" discussion about men's fragrances.

It's not like these threads are flooding the forums -- there's plenty of others out there discussing the things you want to join in discussions about, leave us alone!

Yes but everyday there are 1 to 2 of these same threads over and over and over. How hard would it have been to pose your question in the female compliments thread that is stickied at the top of this page?
    I am all for this discussion and having fun but can't we keep the clutter to a minimum and keep it to the one huge thread?

And not to sound elitist but if anyone thinks a fragrance is going to have as vulgar an effect as to get a woman's panties damp as you stated, they're probably missing the point of this board and wearing fragrances in particular.

I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate it when I read threads on this or any fashion board where a guy asks " What X will help me fuck hot chicks?"
    Because if you are that unsure of yourself that you have elevated X to some mythical status where using it is going to help you dip your wick, you're screwed. Pick a fragrance that *you* like, wear it with confidence, flash a smile or two and the girl is going to respond favorably for 2 reasons:
    1: Let's face it, at least 80 percent of fragrances on the market don't smell BAD. They may be unoriginal, they may have short longevity, they may be knock offs, but rarely does something smell bad. The fact you're wearing anything distinguishes you from alot of guys.
    2: Confidence and a smile go along way

Good posters are leaving or posting less frequently due to threads like this. I'm all for light hearted fun, but I also take this hobby somewhat seriously and I think there needs to be a seperate forum for threads like this.
    Last edited by shalashaska; 30th August 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Well shalashaska, your whining irritates me just as much as leor_77's redundant question. But I applaud him for his great answer to your crankyness. leor_77 +1, shalashaska -1

If you're this irritated by another "what do chicks dig" thread with only 60-some posts under your belt, I can't imagine you lasting very long here. Just in-case I don't get a chance to tell you good-bye when you leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
    It is an honor to be in the presence of such a great and mighty forum icon who can gauge my longevity and intelligence based on my post count. I thank you for keeping score, maybe in your efforts to keep track of such a pitched intellectual battle you might have failed to take into account the possibility that I have been reading basenotes for several years before I started posting.

Maybe one day when I have as many posts as you, I can insult over posters with the same grace and aplomb.

Edit: One more point I would like to raise. Even with my puny 60 posts, I somehow managed to find the time to read the announcement from the gentleman that runs this site:

"To avoid the same old questions being asked, please read through the FAQ forum to ensure your query hasn't already been covered. There is not many FAQs in there at the moment, but we will b adding to this over the coming weeks. Click here for the FAQ forum It is also worth using the search function before posting too How to use search"

Now, I might not be fully comprehending it but it seems to me that the gist was that Grant isn't fond of the same old questions either, and to use the search button before posting a thread that has been posted tons of times before. But maybe that's just crazy talk.
    Last edited by shalashaska; 30th August 2008 at 09:29 AM.

Wrong attitude, shalashaska. Basenotes is a happy place!

Wrong attitude, shalashaska. Basenotes is a happy place!

I agree,and I wasn't upset when I made my first post in the thread. However two things did make me upset:

1: Madscientist talking down to me based on post count
    2: The fact he no comment to Dimitrios who agreed with me. Why? Dimitrios' post count is higher then mine, so his opinion is more valid apparently.

I love this forum, I am very passionate about fragrances because I view them as a combination of art and self expression on both the part of the designer and the person wearing them. Reading new reviews and thoughts on this board is one of the highlights of my day, and I have a great deal of respect for many of the posters here. I just think that in light of all of the repeat posts about fragrances to get chicks, maybe there should be a seperate forum for it. I'm not the only one that thinks this way either. That way, there can be the general board for thoughs, reviews, etc. And then we can have a place for the repeating threads like thiis.

Guys ... Shalashaska is correct .
    How long before we have someone else asking
    "fragrances that make womenshout your unbeleivable
    .................................................. your adorable
    .................................................. . your irrestible
    .................................................. . your delicious
    etc etc etc ......
    think about it ...
    I was ticked of too seeing them on the front page .
    The Moderators should tack them both onto the sticky ......
    only then they will begin to slow down !

There can never be an 'End' to what is available about anything at all. The reason for this lies in the Questioner. Repetition is ineluctably NOT what it appears to be. Everything is a Birthing process---why complain about being present for the whole thing---It is certain to be more enlightening an experience than a prejudice bound one.

Freedom is joyously Free, even free from boredom.

G

Ohh no .... here we go again

Leifer ... This is the reaction I'm looking to evoke (from women!) ...... At a party full of 18-21 year old kids, I don't need a fragrance that would order a scotch on the rocks, I need the wild and crazy... the beer pong champion of scents. The one that makes you get called on for every celebrity shot. Ideally, I'm looking for blatantly hardcore sex in a bottle. Something with no shame and nothing to hide; just the perfect execution of an insatiable primordial lust to refine all 365 Kama Sutra positions in one night. It's the translation of orgasmic olfactory stimulation into wet panties, rapid heartbeats, and a loss of words that allows this scent to work it's wonders; something so charming that resistance is rendered futile, and there is no hope of escape for a girl who has just inhaled the teeniest whiff of this golden juice. Like diamonds to her sense of smell (if she's lucky she may get a pearl necklace too ), this scent has to stand out yet retain a subtle demeanor that doesn't scream or shout it's presence.

acceptfacts ... you ask for alex and here he comes.....you know my original reason for signing up for this site was to find the "holy sex grail"...the scent that would define my appearance, my sexual appetite and charm......i've actually developed the flavor for scents themselves.....however you can say i'm still a bit of an expert on "what females like".

Dudes !! ..... The answer is at the top of the page , just don't use it as lubricant OK

Last edited by Dimitrios; 30th August 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Guys ... Shalashaska is correct .
    He may be correct (or more accurately stated, his opionion may be valid), but his attitude is not; neither is hijacking leor_77's thread with a bunch of rants/flames *about* his thread. I don't see an on-topic post yet (except Anthony87 sort-of). This thread should be locked, if not deleted.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 30th August 2008 at 10:17 AM.

@ Dimitros : :toppie:
    Last edited by Amit; 30th August 2008 at 10:31 AM.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Guidion .. very poetic , WoW !! welcome .
    Ant .. you know me & we both know BN is a happy place
    Mad Scientist .... Leor says this has never happened to him & states that he has heard of it occuring ....
    I now roar at the top of my voice >> ...... Leor where did you hear this ?
    i have not read anything like it yet on BN , anyway MS I agree no on-topic post & time perhaps not to lock but leave it be or better still move to the trash can .
    We have lost far too many valuable knowledgable members because of imaginery / hypothetical & nonsense .... it must stop soon .

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    He may be correct (or more accurately stated, his opionion may be valid), but his attitude is not; neither is hijacking leor_77's thread with a bunch of rants/flames *about* his thread. I don't see an on-topic post yet (except Anthony87 sort-of). This thread should be locked, if not deleted.
    I think what is of more importance here is that despite being a member for a much lesser period and despite not being a Dependent yet, shalashaska too has noticed the unending assault of mediocre threads and decided to voice his disapproval in the thread, and from what I've seen you post in this thread, you've fared worse than him.

We all know we're tired and we're upset about new members posting greatly redundant threads like these despite having a functional Search on the boards and a few Stickies too. If his attitude isn't correct then neither is yours. The "Just in-case I don't get a chance to tell you good-bye when you leave, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" statement was completely unnecessary and probably calls for moderation from the mod/admins.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Haha nice one Dimitrios.
    P.S. - What do you do if your girlfriend starts smoking? Slow down & use some lube!

Haha nice one Dimitrios.
    P.S. - What do you do if your girlfriend starts smoking? Slow down & use some lube!

I have an answer..:wave:.. Gucci Envy.. women from a hundred mile radius float through the air with a look of absolute joy on their faces..hunting me down...... to be honest..It really gets on my nerves!

I have gone back to wearing something else!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by deck89 View Post
    I have an answer..:wave:.. Gucci Envy.. women from a hundred mile radius float through the air with a look of absolute joy on their faces..hunting me down...... to be honest..It really gets on my nerves!

I have gone back to wearing something else!
    you devil
    CARVEN Homme will have the same effect then .

edit : Wrong post
    Last edited by Anthony87; 30th August 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Shalashaska, take heart.

IMO, your comments were very appropriate after all that has transpired on the boards recently and, especially, this week.

I used to jump into the fray frequently (I still do, from time to time) but finally realized that I am not a moderator. Instead, I use the report button (the little triangle thingie on the upper right of each post) and let the moderators handle it. It helps keep me serene and restores the balance in my world!

On topic: When Giorgio for Men was my signature scent, it seemed that I always received at least three or four compliments per week from women that were total strangers. Strangely enough, the original Aramis also elicits a lot of female compliments. I agree with Anthony87 about Bogart Pour Homme. It is in my top 10% - it totally surprised me, I wasn't expecting anything nearly as good as it is.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th August 2008 at 12:13 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Oh another suggestion - Bogart pour Homme. My girlfriend loves this, but what really surprised me was a comment I got from a friend of mine at uni yesterday. She's an extremly shy middle-eastern girl who dresses all in black and tends to be very quiet. After sitting next to her for an hour or so in the computer labs she asked me quietly "What perfume are you wearing? I want to buy it for my boyfriend." Of course I told her - 'Bogart pour Homme!'

dude there is sticked thread about it read it since very 1st post, there is answer or hint, what frags check
    there is too much of that type of threads I agree, there is no golden thing, check check check and You will find Your signature scent
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Shalashaska, take heart.

IMO, your comments were very appropriate after all that has transpired on the boards recently and, especially, this week.

I used to jump into the fray frequently (I still do, from time to time) but finally realized that I am not a moderator. Instead, I use the report button (the little triangle thingie on the upper right of each post) and let the moderators handle it. It helps keep me serene and restores the balance in my world!
    Thank you as well for your support. I didn't mean to truly insult the Op, rather I honestly meant to highlight what I perceive to be a growing problem. I have no hard feelings towards Madcientist, and for the record I didn't report any of his posts for moderation. I like to think we are all grown men and can handle the problems amongst ourselves.

Red face Re: Fragrances that have made women chase you down

Hmmm ....
    Ok Leifer ,
    These type of topics are about one or maybe two levels below the absurd ,, the > Imaginery Q's & A's .
    Your supermachismo "screw me baby" thread is really quite a concocktion , really borderline at best .
    gears & momentum ! .... these are the culprits clogging this forum !

Hey leor_77, I'd be curious to hear such stories, too - because it seems to me that in reality there is no such scent that could make all the women chase you down. Compliments from time to time; yes. But not something like in recent commercials for Axe.

The problem is: Women seem to be more complex than a limited masculine view concedes. Of course, that's a plus - as it would be a boring life after having deciphered the world of female desires.

Only thing I know: You can have success wearing A*Men (Thierry Mugler), wearing Allure Homme Sport (Chanel), wearing Cool Water (Davidoff) etc. etc. (fill in Douglas' Top Ten or read the various threads here). But you surely will attract just a certain part of female population.

That's a great justification for buying new scents, by the way! Have a nice weekend, leor_77!

I have felt the need to jump a female friend of mine when she wore Revlon Unforgettable Too, mixed with wood-fire smoke back in the day. It was like I was back in the caveman age or something. It is the sexiest thing I've ever smelt, and til this day have been looking for a bottle, sample, hell even a scented card to re-live it again.

I dont think any girls I know have gone that crazy over anything I've worn though!

Smile Re: Fragrances that have made women chase you down

you devil
    CARVEN Homme will have the same effect then .
    Damn!!!...Looks like i'm gonna have to invest in some good sprinting shoes..

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

I have never been chased down by a woman. But I *have* chased down two women.

One was wearing Ciara by Revlon.
    The other was a Red dupe! She got it from Walgreens.

If you wore either of those two, I might chase you down too!

But seriously, the only guy I've ever chased down for a fragrance was wearing Spirit for Men. I was wandering all over the radiology department trying to find the source of that smell. You know you're smitten when you're having to remove everything metal in order to find someone.
    Last edited by Aiona; 30th August 2008 at 02:29 PM.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

Wink Re: oh my god! you smell INCREDIBLE!

Ohh no .... here we go again

Leifer ... This is the reaction I'm looking to evoke (from women!) ...... At a party full of 18-21 year old kids, I don't need a fragrance that would order a scotch on the rocks, I need the wild and crazy... the beer pong champion of scents. The one that makes you get called on for every celebrity shot. Ideally, I'm looking for blatantly hardcore sex in a bottle. Something with no shame and nothing to hide; just the perfect execution of an insatiable primordial lust to refine all 365 Kama Sutra positions in one night. It's the translation of orgasmic olfactory stimulation into wet panties, rapid heartbeats, and a loss of words that allows this scent to work it's wonders; something so charming that resistance is rendered futile, and there is no hope of escape for a girl who has just inhaled the teeniest whiff of this golden juice. Like diamonds to her sense of smell (if she's lucky she may get a pearl necklace too ), this scent has to stand out yet retain a subtle demeanor that doesn't scream or shout it's presence.

acceptfacts ... you ask for alex and here he comes.....you know my original reason for signing up for this site was to find the "holy sex grail"...the scent that would define my appearance, my sexual appetite and charm......i've actually developed the flavor for scents themselves.....however you can say i'm still a bit of an expert on "what females like".

Dudes !! ..... The answer is at the top of the page , just don't use it as lubricant OK

Hilarious...=)

you are right though....I need that about as much as you need age proof in order to purchase cigarettes.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post

Here's a snap of the Musk Ghazelle, Quixotiq... will PM you details in just a moment
    i can not find any info on this on basenotes or google.....only on Musk Gazelle by Madini which i believe is a totally different fragrance, right?
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    i can not find any info on this on basenotes or google.....only on Musk Gazelle by Madini which i believe is a totally different fragrance, right?
    Thats correct... the Mandini oil is altogether different Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Im wearing Havana as my SotE tonight, and its a very new scent to me.
    Its nice, but I definitely wouldn't come to the same conclusion that this is the Alpha and Omega of sexiness and primordial desire.

Musk Ghazelle by Ajmal is the closest I've come to finding sex in a bottle.
    It brings out the carnivore in me! My wife flipped for it... god help the limping impala that crosses my path when Im wearing this! Without sounding uncouth... something is astir in the netherregions!
    I gave my husband Havana (though I end up wearing it at least as much as he does), and while I love it on both of us, I have to agree with Dimitri and TwoRoads that it's not the sort of scent that automatically makes me want to pounce.

Ironically, over the past few days I've been testing samples of perfume oils... There were two that completely "scent" me reeling, and I hadn't read any comments on them (including these!). Yep, Musk Ghazelle and Mukhallat Seufi. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lutens Musc Kublai Khan also smells like sex in a bottle to me, and Neil Morris Fragrances Ghandara is also quite hot, though not quite as pulse-pounding as MKK, in my opinion.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Try Ignition by Lomani. I wear a different scent everyday so my girlfriend doesn't compliment me on how I smell. But when I wore this, although she was silent.. she kept burying her head into my shirt.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

The best juice ever for the target (18-85 yrs), by the way, is chloroform. It works 100% of the time.

Didn't mean to make you all self-conscious! Have fun with this.

:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    Hilarious...=)

you are right though....I need that about as much as you need age proof in order to purchase cigarettes.
    hmm .. ? I gave up smoking years ago ...
    .. you missed the punch line on that one axe

anyway for some extra bang for your buck
    try combing your Vimax with some Viagra ... V V

The best juice ever for the target (18-85 yrs), by the way, is chloroform. It works 100% of the time.

Hhaha that reminds me of a litmus test joke I use on almost all of my friends male and female!

Q: What is the best pick up line ever?
    A: Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

You tell em lush !!

hmm .. ? I gave up smoking years ago ...
    .. you missed the punch line on that one axe

anyway for some extra bang for your buck
    try combing your Vimax with some Viagra ... V V
    =)~

good one.....by the way, first time hearing of this Vimax.....I'm sure its just randomly you came across that advertisement, right? .....Not Freudian projection at all.....awwwwww. =*)

hey ...
    It actually " sparkled like an omen " at the top of the page .
    when I was reading the fireworks you were telling Leifer ..
    Look Axe in all honesty , barring injury or misuse
    I'll probably be needing the Double VV before you !!
    so keep smiling , smelling good & don't let it get rusty onya .
    .... ohh well , If I get 10 to 15 more good years I'll be one very happy old man
    say have you trimmed & dyed your hair ?
    because you look totally different now than those two pics you posted last week .
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 30th August 2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: ..

Eau de Rufinal works wonders

Roofie

hey ...
    It actually " sparkled like an omen " at the top of the page .
    when I was reading the fireworks you were telling Leifer ..
    Look Axe in all honesty , barring injury or misuse
    I'll probably be needing the Double VV before you !!
    so keep smiling , smelling good & don't let it get rusty onya .
    .... ohh well , If I get 10 to 15 more good years I'll be one very happy old man
    say have you trimmed & dyed your hair ?
    because you look totally different now than those two pics you posted last week .
    lol dima...you are one funny dude....=)

i didnt dye my hair but i do keep my facial hair different, from gruff mcGruff to goattee to semi goattee to fully shaved...depending on time and the mood.

and dont let age keep you down....at 50 i will have wife, 2-3 beautiful children and 2-3 beatiful 18 year old girlfriends....=)
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 30th August 2008 at 04:22 PM.

Try Burberry Touch! Girls go crazy!! They just want to...Touch you when you wear it!

I hear you dude , down here in Ozz
    the cosmopolites are saying that 40 is the new 20 ..
    which makes me currently 25 !!! ... yipee
    Meaning my girlfriend is seven years my senior !! ... opa

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Ok so lets get things strait right here and right now. There are countless threads about what fragrance gets female compliments, but being chased down for your fragrance is a very SPECIFIC ACTION that someone has to make, and that HAS NOT been covered so far, and that's why I made it into a SPECIFIC THREAD. I've been here already for a long time...I'm not stupid. I realize that there are a lot of these kinds of threads, but read the above please.
    Last edited by leor_77; 30th August 2008 at 04:37 PM.

Hey now, practicing the Kama Sutra is a two-way street. It would fail miserably if she was in a chemically-induced sleep

To all the young guys here: Just because a woman compliments you, does not mean she wants to sleep with you.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by shalashaska View Post
    Yes but everyday there are 1 to 2 of these same threads over and over and over. How hard would it have been to pose your question in the female compliments thread that is stickied at the top of this page?
    Quite hard. How else are we going to get attention without posting threads? It wouldn't be nearly as effective if we merely posted questions in the thread everyone has looked at a good .... 64,852 times so far!

I am all for this discussion and having fun but can't we keep the clutter to a minimum and keep it to the one huge thread?
    What, then, of the threads prying for recommendations? Those can be condensed too; not to mention a lot of them can already be found by using the Search button! I'm not saying we NEED to condense those threads, like we condensed mine and the other one, but seriously now - if there's 1-2 of these per day relative to the 20-30 other threads made on a daily basis about anything and everything fragrance-related, I think we're at a good ratio of BS-talk to serious discussion about male fragrances.

And not to sound elitist but if anyone thinks a fragrance is going to have as vulgar an effect as to get a woman's panties damp as you stated, they're probably missing the point of this board and wearing fragrances in particular.
    You'll have to forgive my immaturity and sense of humor, I understand no fragrance can really make her panties wet, but I glossed the entire passage over so sweetly, I would've thought it would be recognized as a joke instantly.

I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I hate it when I read threads on this or any fashion board where a guy asks " What X will help me fuck hot chicks?"
    Because if you are that unsure of yourself that you have elevated X to some mythical status where using it is going to help you dip your wick, you're screwed. Pick a fragrance that *you* like, wear it with confidence, flash a smile or two and the girl is going to respond favorably for 2 reasons
    I was honestly imploring for serious recommendations as to what smelled fantastic from a female's point of view, but in a humorous fashion. We must not deceive ourselves here; what are we really wearing fragrances for? Some wear it for themselves, others wear it for people around them. Me, I like a mix of both -- but if I were to ask you for recommendations on fragrances similar to the cologne that already induces the greatest reaction, how different would that be in purpose as opposed to phrasing? The mere fact that I put it in those words does not negate the fact that my thread had some meaning.

1: Let's face it, at least 80 percent of fragrances on the market don't smell BAD. They may be unoriginal, they may have short longevity, they may be knock offs, but rarely does something smell bad. The fact you're wearing anything distinguishes you from alot of guys.
    2: Confidence and a smile go along way
    I have to disagree with you on a point you make about 80% of fragrances don't smell "BAD". How do you judge whether or not a fragrance smells bad, if not by placing it on your skin? I kid you not when I tell you I have raided every Sephora, every Nordstrom, Macy's, Parfumerie and fragrance-related store (excluding Barney's) and sampled every fragrance they have at least three times. Everything. And of those, I only liked TWO enough to buy them. One of them was for my dad. The rest suck. I will never be able to wear 99% of what's sold in stores, they're just sub-par fragrances.

Sure, not a whole lot of people know as much as we do about fragrances, but that doesn't mean that everything will smell good and women will like it. Confidence and smile DO go a long way, but you know what else does? Her connecting to you somehow. That initial first impression is always a make-or-break deal, and some guys just like it easy. The superficial things you can easily do include dressing nice, smelling fantastic, and looking sharp. Those three will go a long way in helping you achieve your mission. Women are not solely interested in fragrance/appearance; but neither are they interested in your personality. You're a random guy at some party, it's not a bad thing to use your cards to your advantage.

The reason I ask for recommendations so blatantly is because I'm really digging for the niche stuff; because let's face it, how many avid basenoters do you know in real life? You're on your own when it comes high time for the reality of going out and sampling fragrances, and if you don't know what you're looking for, you're pretty much screwed.

Good posters are leaving or posting less frequently due to threads like this. I'm all for light hearted fun, but I also take this hobby somewhat seriously and I think there needs to be a seperate forum for threads like this.
    That's a bold statement! Who all has left us because of these threads? Surely not Scentemental?
    Last edited by Leifer; 30th August 2008 at 10:56 PM.

Hmmm ....
    Ok Leifer ,
    These type of topics are about one or maybe two levels below the absurd ,, the > Imaginery Q's & A's .
    Your supermachismo "screw me baby" thread is really quite a concocktion , really borderline at best .
    gears & momentum ! .... these are the culprits clogging this forum !
    Hey, that thread was a hit. Tons of replies with scents, so I think I achieved my goal

But I agree with you to an extent. I just hope people never take me seriously. Of course I wouldn't want my scent to get a girl wet! I've got plenty of other things to help her with that...

Hey, that thread was a hit. Tons of replies with scents, so I think I achieved my goal

But I agree with you to an extent. I just hope people never take me seriously. Of course I wouldn't want my scent to get a girl wet! I've got plenty of other things to help her with that...
    Keep your Dream Alive Leifer !! & remember when those goals seem unacheivable , you always have the big V to fall back on .
    Forever it will engraved into my memory , because like an omen from the Gods , it was flashing just above your name , when I was first read your post .
    Last edited by DustB; 31st August 2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Sorry, moderator here. I had to remove a flashing advertisement. Funny though!

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

off topic, here we go . . .
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 1st September 2008 at 07:14 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Alessandro Dell'Acqua has gotten me a lot of compliments, but L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense makes women get a lot closer to me...

Basenotes Plus

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

OK here goes in no particular order......

Creed Green Irish Tweed / Millesime Imperial / Original Vetiver
    Lanvin L'Homme / Oxygene
    Burberry Touch
    Dolce and Gabbana P H
    Azzaro Chrome
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Victoria Secret
    Chanel Allure / Platinum Egoiste
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Herrera Chic
    Halston Unbound
    Joop Jump
    Geir
    Guess Man

Bottom line is, being offtopic like shalashaska, isn't better than opening redundant threads.

Since he wants a better moderating thing, how about the mods delete the offtopic posts in this thread?
    /sarcasm