Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by Connoisseur View Post
    I had a dinner date interrupted last week by a waitress that wasn't our own. Apparently I had walked by her coming in and she just had to know what fragrance I was wearing. She was so cute and apologetic for the interruption. I told her it was Millesime Imperial by Creed. She smiled and handed me a piece of paper and a pen asking if I could write down the name for her. She asked me where I got it and how much it cost me so I told her about Ebay and roughly the price to expect to pay. She shrugged it off saying she would pay anything to have her boyfriend smell like that.

Creed MI is by far my most complemented as of late. Six months ago's champion was probably Geir, closely followed by Fluid Man, Lanvin l'Homme and Mediterraneum.

~Clinton
    Had the sme thing happen at the dentists office. The Hygenist (sp?) asked what I had on, told her MI and then ended up getting a sample or what was left of a sample for her.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Last edited by PJX007; 4th September 2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: wrong forum

The number one attention-getter over the past month has been Creed's Millesime Imperial.

It's a bit crazy, actually - and I happen to be wearing it today. Luckily, there are no women around.

How is "Millesime Imperial" pronounced?

Millesime Imperial did NOTHING on my skin. I've owned it at least 4 times. Finally learned my lesson. Skin chemistry, I guess. Terre d'Hermes, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    How is "Millesime Imperial" pronounced?
    In English? It's pronounced how it's spelled.

In order, the most compliments I get from the ladies are:

BY (Dolce & Gabbanna) -- but now discontinued!

Black by Tom Ford

Bois du Portugal

Absolutely "By" by Dolce Gabbana. It is discontinued as many of us complaint. And all my attempts to reach D&G bros in order to ask for the possibility of a relaunch have been useless unfortunately

I recently bought Cannabis Santal by Fresh and I have received a disproportionately large amount of compliments on it. In fact, the reason I bought it is because I went to a party and smelled this weird herbal, mossy, sweet aroma surrounding one of the people there and it was Cannabis Santal and I knew I had to have it. I think the sillage is less sweet than the experience of actually wearing it onesself.
    Last edited by nthny; 8th September 2008 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    I recently bought Cannabis Santal by Fresh and I have received a disproportionately large amount of compliments on it. In fact, the reason I bought it is because I went to a party and smelled this weird herbal, mossy, sweet aroma surrounding one of the people there and it was Cannabis Santal and I knew I had to have it. I think the sillage is less sweet than the experience of actually wearing it onesself.

True Story.....Cannabis Santal does seem so sweet, almost sugar like on your skin while smelling vastly different on others.....big time compliment getter.

Another one that always garners attention and compliments(and probably smells less sweet in the air than on my skin) is Paco Rabanne Black XS........strawberry and citrus detonated in an atom bomb.......if you ever thought that fruity/sweet scent can not last and give mutinous type of sillage then you have never tried Black XS....but that super sweetness can get sickly in the beginning......I usually layer it with straight citrus to tone down the strawberry.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    True Story.....Cannabis Santal does seem so sweet, almost sugar like on your skin while smelling vastly different on others.....big time compliment getter.

Another one that always garners attention and compliments(and probably smells less sweet in the air than on my skin) is Paco Rabanne Black XS........strawberry and citrus detonated in an atom bomb.......if you ever thought that fruity/sweet scent can not last and give mutinous type of sillage then you have never tried Black XS....but that super sweetness can get sickly in the beginning......I usually layer it with straight citrus to tone down the strawberry.
    I love Black XS, too! It is sweet but never feels syrupy sweet to me, which I like. And almost every time I wear it someone notices it. I think it's different enough to garner attention, while also being accessible to the common nose. People know what fruit smells like, but dark and sexy and on a man? Attention grabbing.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 08:10 PM.

I've been making my Sables-wearing husband try some different frags (though I agree Sables is perfect on him). Yesterday, I dabbed him with Chergui on one side, and Fumerie Turque on the other so he could choose. He wasn't actually crazy about either, but when he got in his workplace elevator he was surrounded by five women, who all started avidly sniffing around each other to figure out what they were smelling. Subtly, at first, then more compulsively. The last woman left gave him a radiant smile before she stepped off.

Today I made him try Geurlain's Derby, which he instantly hated, but it was too late to wash off. Same elevator scene: three women and him. He felt embarrassed by smelling like a "tart" -- until he realized that one woman was carrying a big reeking bag of McDonalds. Saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut View Post
    I've been making my Sables-wearing husband try some different frags (though I agree Sables is perfect on him). Yesterday, I dabbed him with Chergui on one side, and Fumerie Turque on the other so he could choose. He wasn't actually crazy about either, but when he got in his workplace elevator he was surrounded by five women, who all started avidly sniffing around each other to figure out what they were smelling. Subtly, at first, then more compulsively. The last woman left gave him a radiant smile before she stepped off.

Today I made him try Geurlain's Derby, which he instantly hated, but it was too late to wash off. Same elevator scene: three women and him. He felt embarrassed by smelling like a "tart" -- until he realized that one woman was carrying a big reeking bag of McDonalds. Saved.
    You gave him great advices. But now...be careful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reynard View Post
    Old spice does it for me, the women tell me i smell like there grandad and my mates tell me i smell like a ferret. ;D

Actually Old Spice smells really good and is one of the few fragrances that actually get better with age.
    I have some that is over 30 years old and it is WONDERFUL ! !

Green Irish Tweed
    CC #1
    Creed MI

Best reactions ever are to the Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. My wive's friends love it way too much where the good ole Bvlgari Black is a runner up....

Both great but I'm looking for replacements by now....

Basenotes Plus

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Let's throw another one into the mix that hasn't had much coverage on Basenotes up to now - just got back from Italy with Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto Di Panarea. G/F LOVES it and a couple of colleagues have commented too.

I can't believe it! I have read this whole thread and I noticed Creed's Millesime Imperial was mentioned quite a lot and also I remembered I had a tester of it which was given to me when I bought my GIT from Creed Boutique in Paris some two years ago. I have tried it once and I didn't like it. However after reading this thread i decided to give it a better chance. So, I've put few drops on my neck instead of the lovely Terre d'Hermes last night, and then went to see my current girlfriend who immediately noticed I am wearing "a new fragrance which is divine". She has never commented anything on Terre What's that in MI which is so appealing to women that I can't comprehend? It's jsut fresh and a little bit sweet but nothing I could identify as high class... Women!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Best reactions ever are to the Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. My wive's friends love it way too much where the good ole Bvlgari Black is a runner up....

Both great but I'm looking for replacements by now....

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin gets compliments because it is feminine smelling and also stimulates the "taste buds" of a person ( granted they have not actually drank it ! ).

Anything feminine on a guy will garner compliments from a lady/girl.

I'm glad Shalashaska tells it like it is

Well what makes a fragrance feminine. I hear a lot of people here call all sweet scents feminine but locally at places like Sephora, Perfumania, Dillarids, Macy's wherever they tend to call the fruity citrusy Acquatics femine and they consider things like Obsession for Men to be uber masculine.......I tend to agree with the locals on this one. Here at basenotes our members might say that ADG is more masucline than Le Male or Lolita Lempicka but in my opinion ADG with its fruity cucumbermelon style scent is one of the most feminine out there. I agree totally that sweeter scents get more compliments from the ladies I am living proof of that as I love scents with Vanilla and Amber but, I don't think these scents are feminine (espcially Le Male, Obsession, and Gucci Envy)

Along this same line, I got a nice compliment from my secretary on my Dior Homme today.

It's a slightly feminine scent that I have not used since May, probably. It's just better when it gets cooler outside.

Recently, Jean Patou Pour Homme Priv'e.

It seems we all pretty much buy the concept of gender typing of fragrance without necessarily finding it strictly logical or easy to define. I would love to know if/how perfumers routinely class ingredients as masculine and feminine and then hear the logic of these classifications. That said, I think Surfacing is right that women might be excited by smelling the scents they enjoy wearing on a man. At least, the women who used to like trying lipstick on their boyfriends might feel that way! I suppose certain women might find any kind of olfactory ambiguity confusingly off-putting.

It's going a little off topic but I like the idea of having feminine and masculine fragrances. This makes it more interesting, you can catch a smell somewhere and even without knowing whom it is coming from, you can already start your imagination (of course in case of more pronounced masculine and feminine fragrances). Also, by separating fragrances by sex, you can emphasize your appearance as a man or a woman, otherwise it will be a blurred image. As for who has decided which ingredient is masculine and which feminine - that is probably a century tradition of identifying flowery-sweet aroma with a feminine nature and musky-leathery-sharp-herbal scents with men. All this is artificial of course but personally I like it this way

Flowery-sweet aroma with women musky-leahtery-sharp-herbal with men......see this is still blurred look at Old Spice it is sweet spicey and to be honest probably the essence of masuculinity (sorry Brut). I am serious here I think that the average Joe and the basenoters are exact opposites here. Old Spice, Obsession, Gucci Envy, Paul Sebastian these scents are considered uber masucline by the people I am around while Acquatics Cool Water, Issey Miyake, ADG are considered more feminine. In some ways I think it is because so many people I am around wear light aquatics that when I hit them with a sweet woody amber like Hypnose Homme or Givency Pi the woodiness comes across more masucline than the fruity fresh. To get back on topic I am still in agreement that women like sweeter scents better whether that sweetness is coming from Fruit, Vanilla/Amber, or Nutmeg/Cimmanon/Spice.
    Last edited by tbp82; 18th September 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

Sport De Paco Rabanne. Last 10ml left and I'm afraid to use it. Bring it back Paco,,,

Hi guys! New to the community ...

One thing I see we don't take into account is age. I think most of the fragances has a target age , so it would be very usefull to put our age (females as well) when talking about fragances and compliments.

In my case I got good compliments from Chanel Allure Sport and AdG (I'm 27 and compliments from 22-26). But now I want to get into some YSL or Gucci staff, as I see how high are rated here. Last week I bought A*Men ... It's hard at the beggining, very tasty, even I got a bit sick, but the dry down fragance is so nice.

Some advice about Rive Gauche, M7, Envy, Kourus ....? I'd like something elegant and oriental

Thanks!
    Glad to have found this community
    Last edited by psychodub; 19th September 2008 at 12:30 PM.

Some advice about Rive Gauche, M7, Envy, Kourus ....? I'd like something elegant and oriental

Koursos can be harsh so be careful with it some will love it others will hate it for sure.
    Envy is a nice fragrance but again be careful it is very old school along the lines of Obsession and Paul Sebastian. It is a nice fragance though and you will get complimented on it as long as you go light.

Giorgio for Men. THANKS SO MUCH FOR BRINGING IT BACK!!!!!!!

Women love John Varvatos,
    and men tend to love Lacoste Elegance.

Make sure your JV has dried a little, FYI.

Talking about the orginal John Varatos or the Vintage I have had a couple women mentioned the Vintage.

Lately its been Happy. Ive been staying with lighter scents since because of the hot mugginess in the SoCal region.

Its getting colder soon so I'll be using more of Rykiel Homme.

Hello guys this is my first post here but I have been coming to this site for about a year now and i have LEARNED a lot about perfumes from this site ...and it was this thread that made me want to start posting as well

The cologne that has gotten me the most compliments has to be Bond #9 Wall Street...i remember wearing it the for the first time on a thursday night to work and everyone working commented on how good it smells and then the second day also right when i walked into work one of the female coworkers wouldn't stop following me around and asking me what it was i was wearing because she wanted to buy ti for her husband....I wanted it to be my secret but at the end i finally gave in.

I just got SMW last week and already got positive compliments on it and now i am waiting for my bottle of GIT and BdP.......Creed and Bond #9...are my favorite line of fragrances even though they are expensive i know that I wll most likely not be smelling like the guy right next to me

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post

Very nice! And those compliments means "Ohhhh...one of us!" from ladies in a different language!!! Honestly I have the same experience here, and my personal explanation is that, in western perfumery they label anything harsh and coarse smelling as MASCULINE scents!
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Wink Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by psychodub View Post
    In my case I got good compliments from Chanel Allure Sport and AdG (I'm 27 and compliments from 22-26). But now I want to get into some YSL or Gucci staff, as I see how high are rated here. Last week I bought A*Men ... It's hard at the beggining, very tasty, even I got a bit sick, but the dry down fragance is so nice.

Honestly in choosing a perfume you have two distinct options:
    -Wearing for yourself
    -Wearing for pleasing others and attarcting the opposite sex.
    If you are looking to gather compliments, it would be better to forget about brands like YSL, because its unlikely to gain any compliment by wearing products from these brands. I think users of brands such as YSL wearing perfumes for their own selves, or for some special reasons, for example a scent like KOURUS is someones signature scent during the last 3 decades! Or for example I personaly like the way M7 Fresh smells, but I never expect to attract someones attention by it!
    If you are looking to find a nice, pleasant, elegant and oriental scent (which can gather some compliments!), I would recommend "VERA WANG FOR MEN" and its new and better smelling interpretation by Dolce & Gabbana: "THE ONE FOR MEN".
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Lately every single time I wear Tiffany for Men I get at least one positive comment from a woman.

I wanted to kinda wanted to sum up this whole thread and what can be learned from it. As far as female compliments
    1)First and foremost stay clean.......shower, use deodorant, etc
    2)Remember it is the man not the cologne.......don't think your cologne is a secret potion
    3)Looking for compliments keep it fresh and clean (see Aqua Di Gio, Cool Water Issey etc) or keep it sweet (see Le Male, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Dreamer etc)

I think that is the perfect sum of this thread agree?

not really.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Nope

Okay then someone sum this thread up better? My above post is what I took from this thread anyone who can sum it up better I am all for it.

I actually think that's a decent summation. It's a complicated field. That's about as close as a few paragraphs can come.

This thread is about which scent gets you the most female comments. With the comment being specifically about the scent, not the person. It's not asking which scent gets you a date, gets you laid, makes the ex jealous, etc. Simply which scent gets noticed by females. Get it?

Loud One I see your point but doesn't your diet, grooming, and even wearing clean cloths doesn't that all play about in your scent..........but if you are talking about specifically the scent as in coming from your cologne then I guess my point about it is the guy not the scent is useless. So basically Loud One is saying for my above post take away number 2.
    Last edited by tbp82; 26th September 2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: forgot something

Glad you understand tpd. While there are factors that can change the scent's smell, we have to assume the scent smells the same way on everyone, all the time, the same as it does straight out of the bottle. Keep it simple, for sanity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    Hanae Mori is the scent I get the most male and female compliments.
    Me too. Along with Mont Blanc and Nautica Voyage.

My mum says Gucci pour homme smells good on me. My girlfriend likes Tonino Lamborghini Titanium and Gaultier2 on me. Also, had comments on DG By and Dior Higher.
    Last night i was at the club and 2 older women were hitting on me...one of them said 'you smell yummy' so i said 'don't eat me'...i was wearing Polo Blue.

Dior Homme, Black XS, Chanel Allure Homme, Dior Homme sport
    All of those gave me compliments like ' You smell nice', 'What cologne is that?'

one step higher is Burberry London
    Comments get a little nastier when i'm wearing this one: 'ohw you smell sexy', girls stopping me on the street asking me: 'what cologne is that, my bf MUST get that one'

But the CHAMPION is
    Creed Silver Mountain water
    the comments that ive heard when wearing this one are unbelievable..
    Girls comming up to me asking me about it and then going crazy when i'm not telling them, they keep sniffing my neck saying 'well if you are not going to tell me, then i'm just going to keep sniffing you' , or a girl that i met in a club kept sniffing my neck saying, 'i'm getting really horny from this cologne' (she said it in a nastier way, but i'm trying to keep this post nice) etc etc.. to many to think of.

When i wear SMW, i don't really think: 'WOW AMAZING' cologne when i sniff it myself, but for some reason , panties are FLYING all over the place whenever i'm wearing it.. i guess something inside smw makes the women weak in the loins.
    Last edited by Mystery; 27th September 2008 at 01:07 PM.
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

It's the drydown of SMW that is just amazing, Mystery. Also one of my favorite fragrances. Let me also recommend to you Versace Man Eau Fraiche - It has that sort of fresh start with a musky drydown that is similar in style to SMW that will surely get you compliments. I'm probably gonna get a mini of Burberry London...its about time for such a great fragrance.

i get compliments on JOVAN MUSK OIL....i could not believe it...

Three scents:

Polo Double Black
    Burberry London
    Dunhill Pursuit

In a perfect world, I could make do with just these three (well, and Idole de Lubin).

I've gotten a lot of compliments on Hugo Boss, and a few with Le Male. And a handful with Emporio Armani.

Mystery- Because of your experience with SMW, i'm going to have to retry it. I have a half bottle of it that i bought on ebay and thought it wasn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Mystery- Because of your experience with SMW, i'm going to have to retry it. I have a half bottle of it that i bought on ebay and thought it wasn't for me.
    It's not his cologne, it's just the Belgium girls being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    It's not his cologne, it's just the Belgium girls being themselves.
    lol...belgian girls being themselves...

funny stuff.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Mystery, it's more than your cologne... The scent by itself is useless, unless bla bla bla.

My experience was with: Belgian, English, and American girls so its not just the belgian girls going crazy over SMW..its international
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

Quote Originally Posted by dgenerator View Post
    I can't believe it! I have read this whole thread and I noticed Creed's Millesime Imperial was mentioned quite a lot and also I remembered I had a tester of it which was given to me when I bought my GIT from Creed Boutique in Paris some two years ago. I have tried it once and I didn't like it. However after reading this thread i decided to give it a better chance. So, I've put few drops on my neck instead of the lovely Terre d'Hermes last night, and then went to see my current girlfriend who immediately noticed I am wearing "a new fragrance which is divine". She has never commented anything on Terre What's that in MI which is so appealing to women that I can't comprehend? It's jsut fresh and a little bit sweet but nothing I could identify as high class... Women!
    If you don't like, I don't suggest wearing it just because someone else likes it.

But as far as not identifying it as high class, it depends on your skin chemistry, the weather, etc., but on me it smells . . . "brown." I don't know how else to describe it - I don't get the watermelon that many people get, and it's barely sweet - it smells a bit animalic, actually.

I really love it, and so does my wife, so that's good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Mystery, it's more than your cologne... The scent by itself is useless, unless bla bla bla.
    True Delia, and it's difficult to discount that fact that once you put on a rich scent that you love, it makes you feel more confident, and hence project more confidence.

I've only smelled SMW once, and honestly it reminded me slightly of MI - but it was in passing in a mall, so I may not have paid enough attention to it.

It's no secret that I love certain Creeds so I'll definitely revisit this one.

I went to a strip club tonight after I got stood up and was wearing Body Kouros.

I have never gotten so many compliments in my life. Almost every stripper wanted to come home with me practically it was amazing.

They all told me I smelled great. One girl even said I wish every man that came in here smelled what I smell like, what you are wearing is what a real man should smell like. A few asked what I was wearing and to be honest I had no idea how to even pronounced Kouros hopefully I pronounced it right. No one ever heard of it.

Then again I have a feeling it does not matter what cologne I was wearing i would have been complimented, it sounded like most men who go to strip clubs go in smelling horrible and the girls were just so thankful to grind on someone who smelled great!
    Last edited by denec; 3rd October 2008 at 02:42 AM.

This thread can never be appropriate because it ends up with list of all the perfumes available in the market.
    But having said that Creed BDP is just outstanding . Any girl on the earth would admire it.