Code of Conduct
Page 132 of 238 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 7113
    Banned

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
    +1. So true that it may not be the actual fragrance that draws the compliments but the positive effect it has on the actual wearer. Some scents just make you feel confident and comfortable in any environment. While other fragrances will bring on reactions ranging from mild distaste to outright revulsion. The trick is to find the one's that just do their business well and then let you do the talking.
    Agreed lol. Even if some advanced science proved to me that wearing fragrances has no effect whatsoever except as a placebo to make me feel more confident, that'd still be awesome and fine by me.

I find the mood effect can be quite strong. Some scents are, for me, "joy in a bottle." And the effects of different scents can be very different, at least on me.

I've never heard of any scientific research into the effects, though I imagine there must be some. There were several popular novels in the 1980s that dealt with arcane aspects of perfumery but I don't remember they discussed this earlier. Even the perfume company advertising seems to draw only and rather monotonously on the power of scents to attract the opposite sex.

I gave myself a pretty good compliment wearing Spicebomb tonight. I can imagine many more will share my sentiments

Armani Code - gets more male compliments than female compliments in my experience
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - this has got the most by a long way (in number of days worn to compliment ratio)
    Last edited by ed_r; 26th February 2012 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed_r View Post
    Armani Code - gets more male compliments than female compliments in my experience
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - this has got the most by a long way
    I think you be right there, regarding the code

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Happy for men, by Clinique

every time I wear it

ehhh hate to be another +1 but....Aventus. The damn girl wouldnt shut up on a date about how "good I smell"....it actually got annoying at a certain point or maybe she was just annoying throughout....either way. +1 .....i usually mix stuff up to make it more interesting for me but this time wore just Aventus on its own like 6 sprays in the freezing weather.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I tried so many fragrances in the past but I was never happy with them for differents reasons (longevity, silage, compliments, etc..) until I discover Aventus. Now I stopped searching for THE fragrance and I fiind it!! Aventus is awesome!! People get crazy when I wear it. Womens and mens. Aventus is the fragrance's god!

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    I tried so many fragrances in the past but I was never happy with them for differents reasons (longevity, silage, compliments, etc..) until I discover Aventus. Now I stopped searching for THE fragrance and I fiind it!! Aventus is awesome!! People get crazy when I wear it. Womens and mens. Aventus is the fragrance's god!
    Wow no need to take it that far...
    I dont know why but I get fed up with the same fragrance for too long. Have to change between different ones from time to time and you know sometimes i even feel sick from some.

Does this happen to this aventus?

One more for Dior Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by krazybone View Post
    Wow no need to take it that far...
    I dont know why but I get fed up with the same fragrance for too long. Have to change between different ones from time to time and you know sometimes i even feel sick from some.

Does this happen to this aventus?

Aventus is the only one that I never got tired, bored and sick to use after many times. I never used the same fragrance for more than 6 months, except for aventus. Don't know why but its that good..... For me.

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Hope you will go on to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoasua123 View Post
    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Hope you will go on to share.
    ?????????
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    ?????????
    Signature spam.

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Accidentally or rather not, my most preferred fragrances that provide me a great and 'selfish' pleasure to wear them (like Cacharel Nemo, Azzaro Visit, Davidoff Zino, Gucci PH I, VC&A Zanzibar...and recently Escada Magnetism, Terre d'Hermes, Aigner Black PH, Dirty English...etc, etc) got me in time the most compliments from the fair.
    It has to do at least with self-trusting or the confidence 'aura' you somehow 'project' around you when you just feel good (in your own skin).
    Of course, this state of mind is depending on a lot of others factors, but basically when you feel good/confident you gather around yourself positive energies that somehow drawn people towards you. Hope it doesn't sound too complicated cause it's not.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"...I don't want to miss that...

Current Top 15 Summer: | Tom Ford Grey Vetiver | Shiseido Basala |
    Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme | Chanel Bleu | Guerlain Homme Intense | Armani Emporio Lui | Cartier Pasha | Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee | D&G Light Blue PH | Givenchy PH Blue Label | C.Herrera 212 Men | T.Mugler Ice*Men | Bvlgari Aqva PH | Kiton Black | Bvlgari PH Soir |
    Currently wearing: Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by showgoeson View Post
    One more for Dior Homme.
    Reformulation or Vintage? Both are great IMO

It would be interesting to do another string on fragrances women hate. From what I hear, men like a lot of fragrances that their wives or girlfriends just can't stand. These seem to be strong, masculine, aggressive scents and "men's clubs" scents for the most part. I've seen comments like "My girlfriend said she would leave me if I wear this scent again so I have to wear it when she's not around."

Younger women, in particular, seem to like more feminine, inoffensive scents on men.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    It would be interesting to do another string on fragrances women hate.
    Good idea...

yep good idea.

Any opinions on Dior Homme (reformulation - non intense)...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by _puRe View Post
    Any opinions on Dior Homme (reformulation - non intense)...
    still a masterpiece worth owning simply one of the best around!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

I dont wear fragrances for others I wear them for myself. Use them for an extension of your personality that day. Who cares what other people think.

The subjectivity of this topic is a little ridiculous as all people have different tastes. A person (and in this thread a Female) have so many different background factors that can affect such a subjective topic of what is an appealing scent. I find it funny too that people point out that an "attractive" female said something. Does an un-attractive girl not matter? Does an attractive girl have a different olfactory center than a non attractive girl.

You can even make safe assumptions that the best compliment getter is what's being pushed up peoples noses and due to advertising are told what is appealing. The huge push from SA's behind counters or advertisements with half naked people. Its a fragrance, not a swimsuit advert. Having a half naked dude tells me nothing about a fragrance, why not just have pictures of its notes?!?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    ehhh hate to be another +1 but....Aventus. The damn girl wouldnt shut up on a date about how "good I smell"....it actually got annoying at a certain point or maybe she was just annoying throughout....either way. +1 .....i usually mix stuff up to make it more interesting for me but this time wore just Aventus on its own like 6 sprays in the freezing weather.
    Did she have the crazy eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyMarsh View Post
    If a woman complemented me directly on a scent I was wearing, I would be inclined to think she was really saying "I want to get that for my boyfriend," or "Wow, you are completely overpowering me with that too sweet perfume," or "I don't like your clothes and hate your hair and don't find you at all attractive and would never, ever, go out with you. But you DO smell nice."
    I think that is a very astute observation. I think it's funny when people criticize a scent because they don't get verbal feedback directly on it. I always think to myself: that's probably the only decent fragrance you've ever worn.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    Aventus is the only one that I never got tired, bored and sick to use after many times. I never used the same fragrance for more than 6 months, except for aventus. Don't know why but its that good..... For me.
    I feel the same, its quite a fragrance.

I do care somewhat what other people think. After all, a scent you don't like can be very annoying and difficult to get away from in many situations (doctor's waiting room, slow elevator ride, bus, classroom, office meeting). I tend to wear the riskier ones when I am not going to be around strangers for a protracted period of time.

I still think there is a certain form to these things. For example, I would say in public a man's scent should never project more than four or five feet, i.e., to your dinner companion but not so far as the next table. It's just common courtesy, like not talking too loud, smoking, or leaving your cell phone on.

Similarly, it seems mildly impolite to comment on someone's scent more than once. Multiple times seems rude and boorish, like something out of Seinfeld.

I just remembered the sheer amount of compliments I used to get with Paco Rabanne Black XS, an absolute ton of them. Think it may be time to start using it again.

Also, the new Black XS L'exces is alright too. Smells just like the original but with a good dose of fresh pineapple on top. Bottle is quite nice too.

Basenotes Junkie Profumo Saggio's Avatar

Gucci Nobile gets a very positive reaction from women. Always has. Too bad I have to use it sparingly these days as I have only a small number of sealed bottles left.
    Currently wearing: H.M. by Hanae Mori

Austin, Texas. Rabat, Morocco. Athens, Greece. Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Blog Entries

So a few years ago when I decided to throw out my cousin's nasty Polo cologne, I took him shopping for a replacement and we agreed on Azzaro's Chrome. That very month, he had gotten at least 4 compliments from girls at various parties or places he'd gone and he hasn't stopped thanking me yet. Personally, I'm over Chrome and much more into his YSL L'Homme.

That said, one that turned my head was a Dunhill cologne...whose name I can't remember. But when I got it for someone else, it just didn't smell the same as it had on the original guy.

Page 132 of 238 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 182 232 ... LastLast