Code of Conduct
Page 138 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 7192
  1. #4111

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got 2 female compliments wearing D&G light blue in one day :P.

    Did not expect any compliments tbh, but hey it smells good .

  2. #4112

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Rarely, and I mean RARELY, do I get compliments from women on fragrances.
    Got an unsolicited compliment from an attractive cashier I see everyday
    at a local convenience store.

    She said, "You smell nice today."

    I was wearing Creed Windsor II from a decant I just received in the mail
    at lunch...

    I've worn:

    Invasion Barbare, Aventus, Dior Homme Intense, Green Irish Tweed,
    Divine L'Homme Sage, etc. etc. etc. around this woman before,
    and she's never said a word, but, apparently Windsor made an impression...
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

  3. #4113

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    I'll buy it for you! I'll buy it for you! J/K =p
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?

  4. #4114
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Some theories:

    If good relationship with her father, she may compliment you in a scent that reminds her of him.

    If bad relationship with father, she may compliment you on a scent that reminds her of her first love or first torrid affair.

    If bad relationship with her father and bad breakup with first love, she may compliment you on a scent that evokes a sentiment -- scentiment?!-- that's contrary to those bad memories.

    How am I doing?!

    (all in jest. Kind of.)

  5. #4115

    Default

    i dont necessary received a lot of compliments from girls, but when do is when I wear Green Irish Tweed and Rive-Gauche. I wear a lot of great stuff but they are all very clean fragrances then I don't expect the ladies to come and tell me I smell clean.

  6. #4116

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I find it funny when I see some people telling "This fragrance is probably not very appreciated since I never got any compliments while wearing it". This is so ridiculous. A very important thing is that even if the ladies around you don't compliment you, this doesn't necessary means that they don't think you smell good. Some people are just shy or just don't care/want to give a random people some compliments so.. they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

  7. #4117

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

  8. #4118

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?
    No.

  9. #4119

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Busted out my Blue Jeans for the first time in over a year yesterday. You would understand my surprise when I got "Wow, you smell hot!" from two different female employees - the same employees that would've smelt my Allure Homme Sport the previous week and didn't say a thing.

    Go figure.

  10. #4120

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I also dont get that many comments on my fragrances. I dont like to wear a lot of cologne...one to two sprays most of the time.

    Pacco Rabanne 1 Million has got me a few nice complements resently. Im really starting to like this one. just a few sprays last all day....and It also projects well. I especially like the leather note....very nice.

  11. #4121

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    It is modern to Say Aventus this days on thread.

    My comp. :

    Geir Neis
    Ambre Narguile
    Pure Havane
    Fumerie Turq. ( could u belive )

  12. #4122
    Super Member _Enigma_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    COSTA RICA
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Xeryus Rouge has always been my top compliment getter but lately I´ve been receiving great feedback from Moschino Forever. It seem like this is a very "under the radar" fragrance and there are no reviews on BN. Great underrated fragrance in my opinion !
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

  13. #4123
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Just got a sample today but to my nose 1903 by J Peterman is phenomenal. I have to say that and BdP by Creed work better with my body chemistry than anything I've tried. Incredible, especially 1903. That scent fits me to a tee.

  14. #4124

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I got 3 on Aventus my first night wearing it out, one from my mates girlfriend after which he instantly agreed and complimented, and another by a girl that was in my uni class 2 years ago and I saw her out randomly in town.

    Other than that Givenchy Play Intense is generally a well complimented frag

  15. #4125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    The ones that draw the most compliments tend to be the best-selling ones. If they didn't draw a lot of praise, why would they sell so well? Basically, the ones hated for their success.

    For compliments:
    Cool Water
    Acqua di Gio
    Le Male

    No matter how common they are, you will get compliments for wearing them.

  16. #4126
    Super Member Mr G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.

  17. #4127
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aichi, Japan
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.

    While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.
    This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.

  18. #4128

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Bleu De Chanel +1 this afternoon.

  19. #4129
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    i always get compliments when i wear my old bottle of burberry london
    i think its the female geared bottle tho due to a mixup of the store stocking the shelves

    i recently purchased another bottle of the scent, and the new bottle i have is dark brown and black
    my old bottle is light brown and has a red stripe on the top like pictured in the female version

    not that it really matters anyway, no one has ever said to me omG u SMell LIek A giRL lolzzz!!11!1!!

    i think i might buy the female version to compare

  20. #4130

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    ive gotten more compliments of l'homme libre then I have of la nuit de l'homme recently (im surprised)

  21. #4131
    Super Member Mr G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.



    This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?

  22. #4132
    Super Member Matkinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Warwick
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.

  23. #4133
    Super Member Mr G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.
    Wow! You guys certainly take the repetition of jokes seriously.

  24. #4134

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    hmm Geir Neis seems to be getting some recent love on here - i need to go to macys and see for myself!

  25. #4135
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

    I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

    I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

    "Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

    Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

    Her:" Oh come on"

    Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

    Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

    The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

    "What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

    Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

    After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

    Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus

  26. #4136
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    dupe

  27. #4137

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

    I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

    I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

    "Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

    Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

    Her:" Oh come on"

    Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

    Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

    The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

    "What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

    Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

    After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

    Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus
    Awesome.
    How many sprays and where?

  28. #4138

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name.
    Dam you bastard!!!

    I have many of these compliments and I NEVER reveal it. If we reveal it each time we have a compliments on aventus, in some times it will become just a "basic" fragrance. The magic of Aventus will die.....

    DAMN YOU!

  29. #4139
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!

  30. #4140
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Currently in Manila, Phil.
    Posts
    6,929
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!
    Good idea. Sutneva by Deerc. Also cheap, can be had for $30.00 for a big bottle!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Page 138 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 188 238 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 15th August 2015, 10:22 PM
  2. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 04:18 AM
  3. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 02:42 PM
  4. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12th February 2010, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000