Code of Conduct
Page 138 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 188 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 7192

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Got 2 female compliments wearing D&G light blue in one day :P.

Did not expect any compliments tbh, but hey it smells good .

Rarely, and I mean RARELY, do I get compliments from women on fragrances.
    Got an unsolicited compliment from an attractive cashier I see everyday
    at a local convenience store.

She said, "You smell nice today."

I was wearing Creed Windsor II from a decant I just received in the mail
    at lunch...

I've worn:

Invasion Barbare, Aventus, Dior Homme Intense, Green Irish Tweed,
    Divine L'Homme Sage, etc. etc. etc. around this woman before,
    and she's never said a word, but, apparently Windsor made an impression...
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    I'll buy it for you! I'll buy it for you! J/K =p
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?

Basenotes Member

Some theories:

If good relationship with her father, she may compliment you in a scent that reminds her of him.

If bad relationship with father, she may compliment you on a scent that reminds her of her first love or first torrid affair.

If bad relationship with her father and bad breakup with first love, she may compliment you on a scent that evokes a sentiment -- scentiment?!-- that's contrary to those bad memories.

How am I doing?!

(all in jest. Kind of.)

i dont necessary received a lot of compliments from girls, but when do is when I wear Green Irish Tweed and Rive-Gauche. I wear a lot of great stuff but they are all very clean fragrances then I don't expect the ladies to come and tell me I smell clean.

I find it funny when I see some people telling "This fragrance is probably not very appreciated since I never got any compliments while wearing it". This is so ridiculous. A very important thing is that even if the ladies around you don't compliment you, this doesn't necessary means that they don't think you smell good. Some people are just shy or just don't care/want to give a random people some compliments so.. they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHo View Post
    they just stay quiet but in fact they are wetting their panties because you smell soooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Are you an Otolaryngologist?
    No.

Busted out my Blue Jeans for the first time in over a year yesterday. You would understand my surprise when I got "Wow, you smell hot!" from two different female employees - the same employees that would've smelt my Allure Homme Sport the previous week and didn't say a thing.

Go figure.

I also dont get that many comments on my fragrances. I dont like to wear a lot of cologne...one to two sprays most of the time.

Pacco Rabanne 1 Million has got me a few nice complements resently. Im really starting to like this one. just a few sprays last all day....and It also projects well. I especially like the leather note....very nice.

It is modern to Say Aventus this days on thread.

My comp. :

Geir Neis
    Ambre Narguile
    Pure Havane
    Fumerie Turq. ( could u belive )

Xeryus Rouge has always been my top compliment getter but lately I´ve been receiving great feedback from Moschino Forever. It seem like this is a very "under the radar" fragrance and there are no reviews on BN. Great underrated fragrance in my opinion !
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Basenotes Member

Just got a sample today but to my nose 1903 by J Peterman is phenomenal. I have to say that and BdP by Creed work better with my body chemistry than anything I've tried. Incredible, especially 1903. That scent fits me to a tee.

I got 3 on Aventus my first night wearing it out, one from my mates girlfriend after which he instantly agreed and complimented, and another by a girl that was in my uni class 2 years ago and I saw her out randomly in town.

Other than that Givenchy Play Intense is generally a well complimented frag

Banned
    Blog Entries

The ones that draw the most compliments tend to be the best-selling ones. If they didn't draw a lot of praise, why would they sell so well? Basically, the ones hated for their success.

For compliments:
    Cool Water
    Acqua di Gio
    Le Male

No matter how common they are, you will get compliments for wearing them.

While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.

Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.

While not strictly a compliment getter, it's guaranteed to get her back to yours: chloroform. The best part is that it's a real powerhouse too - 1 or 2 sprays lasts me the whole night.
    This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.

Bleu De Chanel +1 this afternoon.

i always get compliments when i wear my old bottle of burberry london
    i think its the female geared bottle tho due to a mixup of the store stocking the shelves

i recently purchased another bottle of the scent, and the new bottle i have is dark brown and black
    my old bottle is light brown and has a red stripe on the top like pictured in the female version

not that it really matters anyway, no one has ever said to me omG u SMell LIek A giRL lolzzz!!11!1!!

i think i might buy the female version to compare

ive gotten more compliments of l'homme libre then I have of la nuit de l'homme recently (im surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Hit up an English-style pub in Kobe, Japan last weekend and got my first unsolicited "you smell really good" compliment from a girl and her friend on L'eau d'Issey. They both commenced sniffing me while I stood there awkwardly.

This is the 7th time that joke has been made in this thread.
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Apologies. The next time I'll read all 4100 posts before submitting my own. Perhaps as a member of the post police you could help me with this?
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkinson View Post
    It's more along the lines of that it is just an unoriginal joke, and over 69 pages worth of posts, someone will have (and has done) made this joke already. Don't get mad because you're joke wasn't as applauded as you wanted it to be.
    Wow! You guys certainly take the repetition of jokes seriously.

hmm Geir Neis seems to be getting some recent love on here - i need to go to macys and see for myself!

Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

"Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

Her:" Oh come on"

Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

"What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus

dupe

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Got a big reaction and my first "celebrity" compliment this weekend.

I was sitting at the bar of an upscale restaurant sipping a Manhattan. Just down the bar sat two attractive blondes. Being my usual self, I was chatting them up sporadically, but not obviously displaying too much interest.

I saw an acquaintance come in and walked past the women to briefly greet him. When I returned to my seat, the closest woman turned to me and said:

"Could you tell me what you're wearing- you smell really good"!

Me: "It's called My Secret Weapon"

Her:" Oh come on"

Me " If I told you, you would tell everybody and then other guys around here would wear it. I don't want that"

Her: "When you walked by us, I turned to her (the other blonde) and said did you smell that man? He smells great."

The other woman then got up, walked over to me and began nuzzling my neck with such enthusiasm she apologized for getting lipstick on me. "Mmmmmmmm" was her comment

"What does it smell like?" the first woman said, "it smells like...something

Me: Maybe ....a smoky pineapple.....

After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name. It turned out that one of the women was a national cable TV personality. I watch very little TV so I didn't know who she was, but friends I talked to later confirmed that she was the real thing

Of course, you've guessed it already-it was.... The Mighty Aventus
    Awesome.
    How many sprays and where?

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    After some more pleading, they finally broke me down and I revealed the name.
    Dam you bastard!!!

I have many of these compliments and I NEVER reveal it. If we reveal it each time we have a compliments on aventus, in some times it will become just a "basic" fragrance. The magic of Aventus will die.....

DAMN YOU!

Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Okay so lets keep Aventus a secret by calling it Sutneva (Aventus backwards). "Oh thanks for the compliment. What is it? It's called Sutneva. It's rare and almost impossible to find." Hahaha!
    Good idea. Sutneva by Deerc. Also cheap, can be had for $30.00 for a big bottle!
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Page 138 of 240 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 188 238 ... LastLast