Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sexy masculine animalistic

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Thanks for the heads up there.. I had forgotten about it and this reminded me. I got it and it's really pretty fascinating - a blind buy gone very right. Sadly, no samples for me though
    well the samples came in on the ends of q-tips......couple of them were quite fascinating....incredibly potent stuff....basically i could smell the qtips around the room through the baggy...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I really rarely ever get any comments, so this was sort of a shocker. But, at lunch today I put on a little of my sample of Penhaligons Castile. At first I didn't really like it. Something about it was too strong, too flowery perhaps. But, when I walked back into work, I immediately got a compliment on it, and I am loving it more and more. The drydown is simply divine!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive only gotten good comments when i wore my Old Spice Signature cologne.. a 15 dollar bottle

Whenever i wear A*Men I get "You smell like candy, or wow thats sweet" so I don't really know how to take those comments..

Post Thanks / Like

got same while wearing A*MEN, IMO better intrigue women to say someting than boring
    but the trick is not to spray close to skin then You dont smell like candy and scent does not overwhelming by 2 sprays about 40cm from You (I've tried 4 sprays close to skin about 10cm DOH! that was nightmare for my friends in club very prominent silage) or go into mist 2 times
    Last edited by yrk; 2nd November 2008 at 02:55 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Post Thanks / Like

hallo base notes my first post
    good site
    anyway
    I was shocked when this lady asked me to hug her
    in front of my team
    she then sniffed my neck to the amusement of other fellow staff
    she asked me what after scent I was putting on
    I told her a brut classic after shave
    only cost me a pound
    from my local off-license
    She could not believe it
    she placed orders for her husband and I got orders from male workmates as well
    easy money
    lol
    I stopped using it though it plays havoc on my chin
    actually I am going to try it once more
    Last edited by threadra; 2nd November 2008 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by threadra View Post
    good site
    anyway
    in front of my team
    I told her a brute classic after shave
    only cost me a pound
    She could not believe it
    easy money
    lol
    You might want to look for fragrances considered Aromatic Fougere's
    Last edited by silverbullet; 2nd November 2008 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    You might want to look for fragrances considered Aromatic Fougere's
    yes I need something with lavender

Post Thanks / Like

good site
    anyway
    in front of my team
    I told her a brut classic after shave
    only cost me a pound
    She could not believe it
    easy money
    lol
    I despise(and it's an understatement) how Brut smells! :P

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: oh my god! you smell INCREDIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    you ask for alex and here he comes.....you know my original reason for signing up for this site was to find the "holy sex grail"...the scent that would define my appearance, my sexual appetite and charm......i've actually developed the flavor for scents themselves.....however you can say i'm still a bit of an expert on "what females like".

first of all.....Gourmands....you can never go wrong with those - especially since we are talking about females 16-23......the top three attention wise in that order are

#1 Rochas = this one is as anything close to foolproof as it gets.....Guaranteed....swim in it buddy because the females will swim right at you....to them its deep, sensual, sweet and absolutely absorbing...
    #2 Body Kouros = definite powerhouse, you will get stopped in stores and in class and asked what you are wearing...and those that wont ask will notice it and love it.
    #3 Bond # 9 New Haarlem = this one has a bit more of a bitter coffee note but it gets it share of love.

Fresh/aquatics

Outrageous! by FM = gets busloads of attention..crazy attention But you must apply it quite liberally for it to work...once you do the reaction is extraordinary...no fresh/citru/aquatic ever came close

Allure homme Sport/cologne = from the designer side of fresh frags this one is a definite monster.

Oriental

Musc Ravageur = young guy + spicy cinnamon/vanilla musk and adult edge = college females go berserk....i would even go as far as layer it with something fresh or sweet because when MR dries down it becomes too "dirty" for my taste....

Bond # 9 Chez Bond = GIT for younger audience......sweet with that edge that I cant put my finger on....females always ask to sniff and resniff.

Boozy

Killians Straight to Heaven = beautiful natural sweetness soaked in rum.....this one will get you the 18 year old and the 32 year old......amazing longevity and good projection and lsts for days....very expensive though but gorgeous gorgeous.....best linear scent bar none.
    Burberry London = boozy classic....never fails to get compliments...

Spicy

Juicy Couture Dirty English = spicy campfire yet gorgeously sexy......this one has become an insta classic with females...i know 3 that say nothing comes close to getting them open as does dirty english....amazing results.

and here is a hidden citrus classic = D&G light blue pour femme....the beautiful citrus will come across musky and manly on your skin(as it does on mines) and will not be recognizable by any female as the fragrance she uses daily......got incredible reaction from that one.

so, in conclusion.....attention wise in order

Rochas
    Outragous!
    Dirty English
    Body Kouros
    Chez Bond
    D&G Light Blue
    feel free to tell me off but I had to . I had no choice.I printed this post and went door to door for testers in drug stores and our local perfume shop could not garner testers for these 3 despite being in the shops :rochas, bond 9 ,allure home

Some S`a had no clue of the names on my list but lit up and rushed to pick BODY KOUROS
    my last shop I had the pleasure of meeting the manager who got curious and I suspect is a scent guru he told me some fragrance on my list had stopped production: LAIR DU DESERT MOROCAIN, CUIRON POUR HOMME and he recommended me to try 2 MAN by Comme des Garconsthe flat tab has got 888 on it as a complent for ANTAES CHANNEL,

I shall be hitting oxford street later probably harrods with my print out if I don`t yield what I am looking for
    Last edited by threadra; 3rd November 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: oh my god! you smell INCREDIBLE!

my last shop I had the pleasure of meeting the manager who got curious and I suspect is a scent guru he told me some fragrance on my list had stopped production: [COLOR="YellowGreen"]LAIR DU DESERT MOROCAIN,
    I am pretty sure that L'Air is not discontinued. I am not 100% sure but, to my knowledge it is not discontinued.

As for as I am concerned, I love anything that is sweet and has that hint of orange and vanilla. I usually wear any CK products for male. Usually, I get a lots of compliment especially from ladies.
    http://www.fragrancedepot.net

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post
    Ive only gotten good comments when i wore my Old Spice Signature cologne.. a 15 dollar bottle

Whenever i wear A*Men I get "You smell like candy, or wow thats sweet" so I don't really know how to take those comments..
    Yeah the ladies love the OS Signature I was hoping Old Spice would have released another fragrance after signature but they seem to be concentrating on the bodywash/deodorant category.

Another cheap one that I get complimented on is Jovan Ginseng NRG it is a nice sweet fragrance and the ladies love it.

I was thinking about trying Stetson Untamed next has anyone had any compliments from it?

Post Thanks / Like

I got another compliment from Body Kouros this morning on the way into work on the train ride =)

John Varvatos got me 5 female compliments last night. I only knew 1 of the people, the only other time I get told by randoms that I smell good is wearing Dior Homme

a few that i've noticed is 10 corso como, a la nuit, magot, and timbuktu
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Post Thanks / Like

Kouros was always noticed (in a good way) - to which I'll add one woman said that it didn't smell like Kouros on me. http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120917.html

Opium PH http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121231.html

Balenciaga PH http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120160.html

I never did think I would post in this thread because:
    1) I wear fragrance almost entirely for my own pleasure
    and
    2) I'm gay and really don't care what women think. Now the gentry...

But last night, I was working on a casestudy in my apartment with my project team, and one of the girls went and grabbed an old semi-clean t-shirt of mine infused with D&G's "The One for Men" from my to-wash stack of clothes, and started sniffing it crazily, demanding to know which scent it was.

She thrust it under the noses of all my other teammates (a guy and a girl), forcing them to smell my clothes. One of them (the girl) said she "preferred lighter fragrances", and the guy grudgingly said it smelled good.

I just stood there with the oddest look on my face - I wouldn't have liked someone thrusting another person's unwashed clothes under my nose, fragrant as they may be (well.... maybe if they displayed a truly inspiring fragrance to buy....)

Both hilarious, and somewhat awkward. Kinda goes to show how subjective the whole thing is too.

Post Thanks / Like

Chalk another one up for Black Aoud. I wore it out last night to a birthday happy hour (that of course turned into a happy all night ) and when I arrived and hugged the birthday girl she put her face against my neck and said "Oh my God, you smell DELICIOUS." It continued that way all evening. At another point, she wanted to walk behind me because of "the trail of rose petals" behind me. At least 3 other occasions through the night were full of her adamant, flirty compliments.

Black Aoud: go on wit your bad self.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

I wore Hanae Mori EDP tonight on the way home from work from a sample I got from Sephora and got two compliments one on the train and one from a cashier at a Rite Aid, and wanted to know what I am wearing.

I got one compliment today on Gucci pour Homme II

I got a "Oh my God, what smells so good, it's him!" today at my sons pre-school. This comment was made by one woman in front of five other woman. Very satisfying. My perfume; Encre Noire.

AOS Sandalwood, Penhaligon's Endymion, Uomo?Moschino, TF Ambre Absolute, MPG's George Sand and Winter Woods from Sonoma Scent Studio all vie for the top spot.
    New site for my available dec^H^H^Hsplits: http://www.badgerdecants.com

Quote Originally Posted by dekdek View Post
    I got a "Oh my God, what smells so good, it's him!" today at my sons pre-school. This comment was made by one woman in front of five other woman. Very satisfying. My perfume; Encre Noire.
    Pretty amazing, huh? I think its the musk element on the drydown that makes it so appealing. I got amazing compliments on Encre Noire as well...You almost don't expect to get complimented on it like you do.

Post Thanks / Like

have anyone heard of perfume called BRAD PITT-rape me?
    i wanna buy it. but cudnt find...

anyway, i get compliments when wearing 212,
    but the gurls dissapointed when the smells gone so fast.
    its not lasting enough...too bad...

Post Thanks / Like

For me I get compliments on both Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Dirty English by Juicy Couture. I've skin tested Allure, Allure Sport and Allure Blanche and my girlfriend said the Sport actually turned her on. It's gotta be the aldehydes and aquatic note, girls tend to fawn over either of them apart, and in tandem, it can be very "alluring".

Waiting on my PerfumedCourt sample of Encre Noir, on the EDGE of my seat for this bad boy.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 22nd November 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten compliments from John Varvatos Vintage and Hanae Mori EDT. And since it's winter here in Toronto already, Vintage is a nice warm scent for the cold weather. I just wished it lasted longer.

Generally, 18-26 love anything sugary sweet or oriental/aquatic. In the right settings - typically drinking involved the same age group loves spicy scents. Fuel for Life still remains the champ for me, receiving atleast 1 or 2 a wearing. I don't love Givenchy Blue, but I actually took a lady friend home based soley on how good she thought I smelled!
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

This morning I decided to hunt into my messy collection and found a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed with 4-5 ml remaining. I haven't used it for two years. Three sprays on my neck and a female colleague of mine commented today that she loves what I've been wearing and maybe that's the best male fragrance she has smelled.

Post Thanks / Like

I have only got copliments on one scent, and it`s many years ago.. It came from a girl i was dating, and also from my brothers wife.. The fragrance was Laura Biagiotti Venezia Uomo! (unfortunately out of production)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

dek, where do they sell Encre Noire by Lalique? The packaging looks nice but I'm not sure if what's inside will match up (as is the case with most fancy packaging). how much does it run for? And how can you describe the smell?
    Last edited by Dudester!; 26th November 2008 at 04:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    dek, where do they sell Encre Noire by Lalique? The packaging looks nice but I'm not sure if what's inside will match up (as is the case with most fancy packaging). how much does it run for? And how can you describe the smell?
    I have never smelled it before, but I know they sell it at Aedes De Venustas in New York, as well as either Neiman Marcus or Saks (maybe both).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I just smelled Encre Noire today and...wow. It smells like Burberry London but the wood note is not overdone, its actually a lot more honed in and not in-your-face wood scent. In fact, this cologne is different in the sense that it is a lot more specific and fine-tuned in its scent rather than, say, something like a cologne which delivers a single splat of a scent like Acqua di Gio, Polo, etc. It was real captivating and unique, and definitely sensual, I think it'll be a big win with the ladies
    Last edited by Dudester!; 27th November 2008 at 12:30 AM.

I've been receiving a lotttttt of compliments by different girls since I started wearing Euphoria Intense .... didn't think of it as that kind of scent, but who knows haha
    "Never take life too seriously... you'll never make it out alive."

Trying to Trade:
    Ralph Lauren Polo Blue (75ml 100%)

Lately it has been Desir by Rochas - even men have stopped me (not gay men either) and said wow you smell fantastic. One woman at a show I was in kept coming up to me and smelling me because it turned her on.

No other fragrance has had the effect on women that this does. And I have a large collection,
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hds, where did you buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere, department store name you got it from?

Male compliments are equally welcomed as far as Im concerned

3 guys have asked what Im wearing as they say I smell like hot chocolate and marshmallow , its Guerlain Sprituese Double Vanille

I work in a restaurant and I have never had more compliments in one day while I was wearing Comme des Garcons 2 Man. One night at work 3 seperate woman and 1 man stopped me and demanded I tell them what I was wearing. The flip side is there is this one regular customer who hates it but I don't take stock in his disapproval however. I love 2 Man so much I even started a thread on this fragrance. Comme des Garcons should pay me.
    Last edited by davidhunternyc; 1st December 2008 at 04:45 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of these fragrances, where the heck can you sniff 2 Man? No where in department stores, so what else?

Post Thanks / Like

Barney's New York has it. You can get samples at The Perfumed Court.

Thumbs up Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I get the most when I wear Tiffany for Men.
    flpoodle

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Come on, FIERCE?!

A&F Fierce supposedly gets insane compliments by ladies on the message boards and discussions. I smelled it and it smells like burnt sweat and rubber. Am I wrong? Who has smelt this because not only is it awkward smelling but also has unnecessary praise.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Come on, FIERCE?!

I think everyone has "smelt" this. It has been around a long time. I personally think it smell decent, but I have never owned and will never own it.

Since I've purchased Tam Dao, I've gotten 4 direct compliments from ladies on how great it smelled to them. I think most guys probably supress the urge to compliment another guy. If I smell something good on someone, I generally compliment and ask what it is.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As of lately:

Jean Patou Pour Homme Priv'e
    Canali Black Diamond
    YSL M7
    Comptoir Sud Pacifica Eau de Cypres
    Tom Ford Black Orchid

There's so many factors involved in what particular fragrance would garnish comments irregardless of gender:
    Climate
    How much did I apply
    My personality and general level of approachability
    The complimentor's own personal fragrance preferences
    If they've been drinking or not
    If they're assertive enough to mention it
    Proximity

Blah, Blah, Blah... but it does feel good to be complimented, being the attention seeking whore that I am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post

There's so many factors involved in what particular fragrance would garnish comments irregardless of gender:
    Climate
    How much did I apply
    My personality and general level of approachability
    The complimentor's own personal fragrance preferences
    If they've been drinking or not
    If they're assertive enough to mention it
    Proximity

Blah, Blah, Blah... but it does feel good to be complimented, being the attention seeking whore that I am
    I think you hit the nail on the head, currently I been wearing Musc Ravaguer a lot and that really gets noticed when I walk in a room,

but in the past it i have been complimented on other colognes just as much i think it just depends on the factors you said above

hds, where did you buy it? I can't seem to find it anywhere, department store name you got it from?
    Dudester, I bought it at Ben Gurian airport in Tel Aviv.

I have worn it again in the last week and AGAIN received several compliments. It's remarkable how this relatively ignored fragrance is really so heavily complimented in a way that many of my more niche fragrances aren't.

I am going to buy another bottle as soon as I can find one because I am worried that it is going to be discontinued.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Post Thanks / Like

hung out with a female that is as anti-perfume as anyone i have ever met....

but couldnt stop sniffing me and telling me how good i smelt......whats the scent you ask? 'Exceptional... because you are' For Him...

basically a more refined version of Aqua di gio with good watermelon notes thrown in....pleasant and somewhat quiet......very good for a date fragrance
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dicky, where did you get Tam Dao? I am so sick of these fragrances not being in the mall. Where can I sniff?

Accept, where did you get Exceptional...for Him? Where can I sniff?

Post Thanks / Like

Dicky, where did you get Tam Dao? I am so sick of these fragrances not being in the mall. Where can I sniff?

hmmm..."Exceptional for him" is a fragrance that Fragrancenet.com sends out samples of with every order you make.......you can get like a 3.4 oz bottle for 34 dollars...after the coupon.

its pleasant and nice without the offputting quality that ADG has....but nothing more than that......i wore it like 3 times total since i got the bottle like 6 months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Exceptional...for Him is from fragrancenet.com. I'm sure if you called them they would send you a free sample.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure you can only get "exceptional... because you are" from online retailers. I got mine from fragrancenet.com for free with an order a while back. I like it, but I like Millisime Imperial a bit more and get more compliments from MI (they're both similar in their top notes).

Post Thanks / Like

Went to dinner with a group of friends recently and wore Very Irresistible Man/Givenchy. My buds were teasing me because the waitress was flirting with me alot and was just showing me alot of extra attention in general.

When we left, she came to the table and hugged me and said, "Keep that cologne."

One of the dudes in my group went out and bought the frag the next day.
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 7th December 2008 at 01:58 AM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Pretty amazing, huh? I think its the musk element on the drydown that makes it so appealing. I got amazing compliments on Encre Noire as well...You almost don't expect to get complimented on it like you do.
    SAME HERE!

i get amazing compliments on it...from men and women. totally unexpected. i don't get much musk out of Encre Noire...but it has this breezy, cold, slightly floral and industrial dry down which gets it all going...i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    Went to dinner with a group of friends recently and wore Very Irresistible Man/Givenchy. My buds were teasing me because the waitress was flirting with me alot and was just showing me alot of extra attention in general.

When we left, she came to the table and hugged me and said, "Keep that cologne."

One of the dudes in my group went out and bought the frag the next day.
    if the waitress is cute this makes for one adorable story.....she actually hugged you? i have had waitresses give me their number, lick their lips repeadetly show alot of other signs of open affection however i have never heard of a waitress coming up to a stranger patron and openly hugging him....you go boy...... =)

and i'll give you as much or more credit than the cologne.....maybe its because i personally dislike 'Very Irresistible' but more likely because i dont believe that waitress would just start hugging up on random customer because he smelled good.

Post Thanks / Like

and i'll give you as much or more credit than the cologne.....maybe its because i personally dislike 'Very Irresistible' but more likely because i dont believe that waitress would just start hugging up on random customer because he smelled good.
    Alex, getting this "credit" from a man as savvy as you are with the opposite sex is like giving me the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval or being Accepted by the American Dental Association.

I humbly thank you.

PS: Yes, she actually hugged me. For quite awhile.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree about Encre Noire, it smells great! Personally I think its a much, MUCH better version of that stupid Terr'e d'Hermes cologne, that nasty thing got 106 POSITIVE reviews under Basenotes directory! I think it STINKS!

Encre Noire is a much more refined and better scent.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 7th December 2008 at 02:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex, getting this "credit" from a man as savvy as you are with the opposite sex is like giving me the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval or being Accepted by the American Dental Association.

I humbly thank you.

PS: Yes, she actually hugged me. For quite awhile.
    lol....well i refuse to believe that "Very Irrestistible" could actually live up to its actual monicker.

and I'm sure when she hugged you and continued hugging you if you didnt have your own charm and appeal, the scent wouldnt have mattered especially when it happens to be quite resistible "Very Irresistible". =)

Did you follow up on a hug with anything else in subsequent days?

Post Thanks / Like

Did you follow up on a hug with anything else in subsequent days?
    No, dude. I live in Sacramento, and the restaurant is in San Francisco. Haven't been back since. Besides, I live with my girlfriend, so...
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 7th December 2008 at 04:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Rochas Man and Azzaro Legend
    Last edited by yasarzongur; 11th January 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No, dude. I live in Sacramento, and the restaurant is in San Francisco. Haven't been back since. Besides, I live with my girlfriend, so...
    you gotta love the fact that the main reason is the distance between the two of you.....and then the obligatory "besides" i live with a girlfriend....lol. good stuff.