Code of Conduct
Page 150 of 238 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 200 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 7114

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

A*Men.

+1 on Aventus, earlier in the week. And I got a compliment on Tattoo this morning on my way to brunch. That cracks me up since it was $10 for 100ml at Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Of course, if you are good looking, you can wear your fathers old bottle of Hai Karate and get attention. And if you're ugly... well, there really isn't any fragrance invented yet that will get you where you need to go.
    It's true that it's easier to get attention from women if a guy is good looking, but if a guy isn't handsome, it's all about personality. Yes, personality with style to back it up... in which case, fragrance plays a part. I feel bad saying this, but, one of the least attractive guys I know is married to a gorgeous woman and it's easy to see why. He's funny and he's FUN! And it doesn't hurt that he has a good sense of style.

Basenotes Member

1-Aventus. 2-Platinum Egoiste. 3-La Nuit edp. 4-Cruel Intentions. 5-Amber Absolute (just one spray!)

The old "generic nothing special" Bleu de Chanel comes through again with "Will that be cash or credit and Mmm, you smell really good!" cashier at local store.
    PS I predict with the lists next update this juice will break into the top twenty five!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    The old "generic nothing special" Bleu de Chanel comes through again with "Will that be cash or credit and Mmm, you smell really good!" cashier at local store.
    PS I predict with the lists next update this juice will break into the top twenty five!
    Bleu de Chanel is a nice scent and I like it as well. I remember you posting here before about compliments you got wearing Bleu. It seems like you found your personal "holy grail".
    Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I think a good shower works miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellyr View Post
    Here is the most up-to-date tally of the thread now in spreadsheet format, featuring all of the nearly 800 fragrances mentioned in this thread and the similar thread in the female forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yNk5fLWc#gid=0

Some notes

-I did my best to not include discontinued fragrances. They aren't very popular to begin with and will only continue to be eclipsed by available fragrances that people are still wearing. I also intended this to be a tool to guide tests/buys, so there's not much point in including them from that standpoint.

-The ratio column is a ratio of positive reviews:total reviews compiled from Basenotes, Fragrantica, and several other sites. For Basenotes I counted neutral reviews as negative reviews (nobody wants to waste time with something that's "meh"). Fragrantica gives the average out of 5, so I converted that to a percentage and multiplied by the number of votes to get my positive reviews total for that site. Every compliment from this thread and the female thread is also counted as one positive review.

-Columns E-H are assorted notes about the fragrances that I made in my quest to determine which ones to buy testers of. Most of the information comes from Fragrantica, so please spare me your outrage if some of this doesn't match up with your opinion.

-Sheet 1 contains all fragrances with over 100 total reviews. Sheet 2 Contains the rest. I have a statistical formula on my personal spreadsheet to correct the score for small sample size, but the function it uses is not supported by Google docs, so I opted for the straight ratio instead. This means that if I put the fragrances all on the same sheet and sorted by ratio, the top would be dominated by fragrances that one or two people swear are awesome.

-I will try to keep this updated, but I don't intend to post here every time I do.
    Sorry, but ain't no way this tally is correct, particularly with L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme being the most complimented designers fragrance, which I barely see anybody mentioned on this thread, and it didn't even showed up on the previous tally on page 65. A possible Issey Miyake employee?

I got a "you smell nice" from a relative at the weekend on Colonia Essenza by Acqua di Parma. Really liking this one recently!

Black Orchid is incredible on males, got good positive feedback!
    sailing the Oceans of Boredom...
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin always.

Quote Originally Posted by L8bro View Post
    1-Aventus. 2-Platinum Egoiste. 3-La Nuit edp. 4-Cruel Intentions. 5-Amber Absolute (just one spray!)
    Yes - I forgot about Cruel Intentions. That draws notice I have found.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    10. Kenneth Cole - Black

You want the ultimate weapon? Drakkar Noir! Voted (by a poll of female voters) as twice as sexy as Cool Water, and even votedl sexier than Acqua di Gio. Everyone has their own oppinion, but I must say I agree with the chicks on this one! Drakkar Noir just has balls...

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Sorry, but ain't no way this tally is correct, particularly with L`eau D`Issey Pour Homme being the most complimented designers fragrance, which I barely see anybody mentioned on this thread, and it didn't even showed up on the previous tally on page 65. A possible Issey Miyake employee?
    Maybe you should spend the amount of time this guy obviously did to compile this list if you think you can do a better job.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

For me, there are two fragrances that get me the most female compliments: Creed's Aventus and Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    For me, there are two fragrances that get me the most female compliments: Creed's Aventus and Dior Homme Intense
    I agree with you. The same for me. Personally I think they´re alright but they sure give me compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I think a good shower works miracles.
    It's certainly a good starting point. There's a surprisingly high proportion of the population that need tips on personal hygiene!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Well, not that i tend to get a massive amount of female attention lol but i've been complemented on Paco Rabanne perfume Black XS before, which made me feel great cause i was about to head into a job interview!

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    I think Aventus and Bleu "smell like what a man's cologne is supposed to smell like" in the few of the general public. That is why they are well liked.

Got some Bond samples yesterday. Tried Riverside Drive today and got a compliment. Only used one spray because i was jut testing it for myself and it was about two hours earlier so it must have strong projection. Woman at work just said I smelled really nice and asked what it was.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I've only had two occasions where a woman has commented on the fragrance I was wearing that I can remember, but probably because I haven't worn cologne much lately. The two that I remember were both friends, and they both had a similar reaction. The first was Prada Amber Pour Homme, this friend of mine told me she wanted to jump me right in the store (I bought the bottle immediately), and the second was Abercrombie Fierce (it was when the frag had just been released and A&F was still relevant) this friend walked down the street, literally, hugging me just so she could keep smelling it). Again, I'm not an aficionado of fragrances, but these are the two that I remember, neither of which I wear anymore. They are both modern scents to me, and I'm finding myself going more towards classics these days.

Banned

Ambre Sultan.

it's impossible for me to go out and not receive a compliment wearing Frapin 1270.

Banned
    Blog Entries

another point for the Dreamer

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I don't want to appear to be repetitious or biased, but Aventus, by far, gets me the most compliments by both men and women. Especially now during the hot weather. It seems to project so well. I am constantly told throughout the day how good I smell. It really does get you compliments. And not too many persons I know wear it. A plus for me.

Not a compliment on something I was wearing at the time, but I find it interesting none the less.

I was at Nordstrom looking for some GHPII as they showed it in stock online still. For about ten minutes I walked around the juice stand tying to figure out where it was hiding and smelling a few other secents. A well to do but shy looking older woman (early 70's) started to make her way to the cologne section and was immediately greeted by a salesman (even though he was hiding the whole time I was looking, but w/e). He took her straight to the AdG and she softly replied that it was nice but wanted to smell a few others.

The two made their way around the stand smelling some more fragrances with some muffled replies I could not make out, as I was a bit busy myself. Just after I saw they made their way over to the Chanel section I hear a loud, oooh yes I will take a bottle of that!.

He went to ring her up and I waited behind her so I could finally ask where the secret vault with the GPHII was. As she turned to leave I saw not a shy older woman turn to me, but a freshly invigorated cougar looking for action. She stared straight in my eyes with a look that screamed, I'm about to kidnap you and take you to a hotel, and pointed to a bottle of cologne seductively saying "this IS the one you want". I smiled politely in creepily entertained fashion and replied "yes it is nice".

So what got this ladies motor running, possibly mere months before a trip to the retirement home, you ask?

- Bleu de Chanel

It had been on the to buy list before... but now I am bit afraid

Quote Originally Posted by jordanm View Post
    Not a compliment on something I was wearing at the time, but I find it interesting none the less.

I was at Nordstrom looking for some GHPII as they showed it in stock online still. For about ten minutes I walked around the juice stand tying to figure out where it was hiding and smelling a few other secents. A well to do but shy looking older woman (early 70's) started to make her way to the cologne section and was immediately greeted by a salesman (even though he was hiding the whole time I was looking, but w/e). He took her straight to the AdG and she softly replied that it was nice but wanted to smell a few others.

The two made their way around the stand smelling some more fragrances with some muffled replies I could not make out, as I was a bit busy myself. Just after I saw they made their way over to the Chanel section I hear a loud, oooh yes I will take a bottle of that!.

He went to ring her up and I waited behind her so I could finally ask where the secret vault with the GPHII was. As she turned to leave I saw not a shy older woman turn to me, but a freshly invigorated cougar looking for action. She stared straight in my eyes with a look that screamed, I'm about to kidnap you and take you to a hotel, and pointed to a bottle of cologne seductively saying "this IS the one you want". I smiled politely in creepily entertained fashion and replied "yes it is nice".

So what got this ladies motor running, possibly mere months before a trip to the retirement home, you ask?

- Bleu de Chanel

It had been on the to buy list before... but now I am bit afraid

I agree with Gigi that Bleu beats the "pants" off Gucci PH II.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I agree with Gigi that Bleu beats the "pants" off Gucci PH II.
    Lol, I didn't want Gigi doing anything that involved pants, or beating around me. Just trying to pick up II before it got difficult. Might have to pick up a few from your for sale thread as well after the next pay check. Staring out/over and my nose is bigger than my wallet

Got a few compliments this past weekend wearing Xeryus Rouge. My friend Jackie said "wow you smell really good, what Is that? It's smells different I can't put my finger on it". That's a pretty good reaction if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBuff View Post
    Well, not that i tend to get a massive amount of female attention lol but i've been complemented on Paco Rabanne perfume Black XS before, which made me feel great cause i was about to head into a job interview!
    was a bit put off, finally i bought it and it's great, never gave it a full wear though!
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus gets me the most compliments, each and every wearing.

Page 150 of 238 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 200 ... LastLast