Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 240 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Cool Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Oh for crying out loud:

HIMALAYA !

The problem is that I not only get female compliments from it, including teenage girls, octagenerians, my ex-wife, sundry ex-girlfriends, lady wrestlers, models, waitresses, heiresses, strippers, nuns, psychos and actresses.

I also get complimented by men, straight and gay, eunuchs, children, female impersonators, cops, radiologists (while interpreting my M.R.I results) , IRS auditors, and probably extra-terrrestrials.

The good news is, I love Himalaya.

( Now on a date or on the prowl, I'm a believer in the heavy artillery: Antaeus, Roma, Minotaure, Nicole Miller for Men, Havana--The ones that will elicit lust or revulsion, rather than merely a pat on the head.--Himalaya fits this category as well, but I like variety and the chance to wear nightime scents that I can't get away with in the noonday sun hereabouts. )

What gets to me is when I get complimented on frags that are, to put it kindly, less than 5 star scents.

But I whine,

I believe it was Emily Post--or perhaps Attila the Hun--who wrote that one should always take a compliment graciously, even if it makes one cringe.

Thank you ever so much. I'm so pleased you noticed my cologne, and if I may say so, have a lovely day.

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    Where do you live? 14 - 18 compliments in one visit to a mall. I'm sorry but that just seems absurd.

i live in NYC.....the mall in question was Manhattan Mall and adjoining Macys...sephoras...etc.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by bashful_in_newyork View Post
    From a female's point of view, I've complimented men when they were wearing:

Issey Miyake
    JPG Le Male
    Fahrenheit
    Corduroy
    Call me crazy but I also like Hugo and Boss
    Hugo is awesome. I don't know why more people do not like it.

Someone please remove the apostrophe in the thread title..
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

The scent of money. Seriously, it's all women really care about at the end of the day.

- Ali

SL Santal Blanc
    Hermessence Vetiver Tonka
    Aqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
    CB Wild Hunt
    Raw Vanilla still works and is oh so affordable
    Rochas Man
    Guerlain Vetiver

These all elicit such amazing reactions from women I have a few others but for the sake of space and carpal tunell I will stop there.

D&G pour homme
    Gucci Envy
    Acqua di Gio
    Rochas Man
    l eau dissy
    Boss Bottled
    Givenchy Pi
    These are universally liked by the opposite sex.

Cool Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    The scent of money. Seriously, it's all women really care about at the end of the day.

- Ali
    Now, now, that's tantamount to saying all we want is to get laid at the end of the day.

Hm . . .

Pax 'All

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Laco42 View Post
    Someone says Kouros and someone says Body Kouros. So which is better for picking up girls ?
    Well, after trying both I slightly prefer Body Kouros, so did my girlfriend.

And she really liked the smell.

But I prefer VG's Very Sexy 1 and have put Body Kouros on sale on this forum:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...37#post1231837

As of tonight, I can vouchsafe the awesome power of Alexander McQueen's Kingdom on women. Sweet and darkly musky at the same time. I love it when a woman purrs...

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Someone please remove the apostrophe in the thread title..
    Totally agree. Makes me want to scratch it off my monitor.. Except I love my monitor too much to do that =(

i dont get too many compliments usually (i think i often under apply) but a couple of weeks ago i stopped off at the post office and picked up a package (thanks sergey!). i knew that i was picking it up so i didnt put on a frag in the morning. i applied two short sprays and went back to work.

a female coworker followed me around the rest of the day. she was quite open about it too. 'yes- i am following you' & 'i just want to eat you' & 'that scent drives me nuts'.

note to self- never wear this to work! involved women and coworkers are off limits for me (two strikes there).

later i had to stop by the hospital and an older woman being pushed in a wheel chair came on to the elevator that i was riding. 'something smells good'.

montale- white aoud

i do like it quite a bit but i perfer black aoud and lime aoud (my fav so far from montale).

I used to get lot of compliments at work when I wore Paul Smith Extreme and L'eau D'Issey but the only comment that matters to me is from the Squadron Leader when I wear Kouros . . . it knocks her bandy.

As I reported in another thread yesterday, Chanel Allure Homme Cologne Sport has garnered some recent attention.

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    No one EVER compliments my scents...NEVER! It's kinda annoying really. It makes me wonder if people can even detect my frags...
    Hmmm...get compliments here all the time. I guess it depends on where you live.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    . If the musk is anywhere near affordable, it will be synthetic for sure.
    Synthetic or not...no fragrance that I have ever owned has ever come close to evoking compliments like Bengal Black Musk.. I have had folks tell me that the smell was mesmerzing. I only wish I could wear it in the warmer months.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Before my "compliment-fest" yesterday, I had not received a compliment from anyone outside my wife and mom in over a year.

I am led to believe that a) I really don't wear enough cologne 90% of the time... b) most people are hesitant to compliment on scent in the southern USA.

I am wearing Creed Original Santal today...just 2 sprays for 95 degree heat.

Rive Gauche, Safari, Terre d Hermes

I've never had a compliment from anyone but my wife, but when I wear MKK I notice women tend to stand closer than usual, quite a bit closer.

The only time I've gotten a completely random compliment was on an elevator while I was wearing the original Curve a year ago before my fragrance kick started. I do, however, compliment myself very regularly on how sexy I smell.

only my good friends ask me what Im wearing...I think the strangers are quiet and enjoy the smell...I see how they act...they come closer or they come many times a cross to get a whiff...some people are shy to ask what Im wearing...I never had that, that somenone slide on the knees to me and ask me what Im wearing. Only how they positiv act...how their nose start sniffing.

If I smell something good on somebody else...I would never ask the person what he or she is wearing...I find out my self by testing.

If you don't count my natural pheromones (I am extremely sexy lol), I'd have to say JPG Le Male and Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

What fragrance attracts the most femaels? Simple....any clean, citrus or soapy fragrance with a slight hint of clean perspiration. Drives women wild and straight into the "sack". Anything too perfumey is a tirn off.

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

What fragrance attracts the most females? Simple....any clean, citrus or soapy fragrance with a slight hint of your own clean perspiration. Drives women wild and straight into the "sack". Anything too perfumey is a turn off.

I agree with Tanto, but "too much" is subjective, and based largely on your skin. For example, I wear a spray on the inside of each wrist, one on the base of the neck where the collar bones meet, and one on the diaphragm. Maybe one on the stomach, just for late-nights when you need scent that lasts

That being said, I don't necessarily get compliments, but I don't care. Actions speak louder than words. A woman whose eyes get soft, and knees get weak, while she begins to breathe harder, is much much more satisfying than hearing "You smell like you belong in my bedroom tonight with me"

I'm sure we've all mad girls stop kissing their boyfriends so they could turn their heads and get a second whiff, or we've made girls hearts race for the man that smells so utterly delicious and charming; and, whether or not you get complimented, what matters is that you notice a reaction to it. Women can't hide feelings very easily

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    I agree with Tanto, but "too much" is subjective, and based largely on your skin. For example, I wear a spray on the inside of each wrist, one on the base of the neck where the collar bones meet, and one on the diaphragm. Maybe one on the stomach, just for late-nights when you need scent that lasts

That being said, I don't necessarily get compliments, but I don't care. Actions speak louder than words. A woman whose eyes get soft, and knees get weak, while she begins to breathe harder, is much much more satisfying than hearing "You smell like you belong in my bedroom tonight with me"

I'm sure we've all mad girls stop kissing their boyfriends so they could turn their heads and get a second whiff, or we've made girls hearts race for the man that smells so utterly delicious and charming; and, whether or not you get complimented, what matters is that you notice a reaction to it. Women can't hide feelings very easily
    good to see you type here again Leifer...you dissapeared for a while.

i agree with you on that completely.......99% of the time, the bigger the effect your fragrance will have on a female, the more likelier she will not tell you about it.....or tell you about it much later(after you had sex...started going out...etc). What I like the most, is when fragrance smells so good on me that it literally makes me feel sexier without anyone saying anything......Musc Ravageur does that for me.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Dependent

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

apostrophe-ectomy ...

Today I got a compliment from a young women in my work...Im wearing Wall Street by Bond No. 9.
    My girlfriend love this scent.

That's not really a rule. I never had a female compliment on my safe fragrances. I would love a compliment on Polo Double Black or Eau d'Hadrien for example, but I never got any.

I think it is true that women go for fresh aquatic scents on a man, Acqua Di Gio, Issey etc, they prefer feeling of "cleanness" more than anything IMHO.

Page 16 of 240 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 116 ... LastLast