Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Calvin by Calvin Klein. Every day that I wear that cologne I get compliments from hot chicks in NYC without fail. They had stopped making it for a while now. Calvin was brought back in 1999 for its 10-year anniversary. I'm hoping that Calvin Klein will bring it back next year for its 20th year anniversary. Does anyone know if this is going to happen? There are a couple of people selling the 1.7 oz or 50ml spray bottles on EBAY, but I don't know if they are fakes are not. Can they make fake bottles on Ebay? They look really convincing.

Is there a scent that smells like new clothes? How about one that smells like you just got out of the showers like Dial or Irish Spring soap smell?
    Last edited by Investor; 8th December 2008 at 02:14 AM.

I don't know about new cloths. But I have heard that Aramis smells like Dial Soap as well is King Cologne that you can find at drug stores and wal-mart. Irish Spring that is a tough one to me it has a very green brisk smell I always associate Irish Spring with Brut Cologne but that is probably because when I was younger my parents bought Irish Spring and my dad used Brut Cologne so..........

I have Nautica Voyage and it smells exactly like the blue Irish Spring bar soap. As for the original green Irish Spring, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Is there a scent that smells like new clothes? How about one that smells like you just got out of the showers like Dial or Irish Spring soap smell?

You might like Armani Mania.

What are you guys talking about? I feel like I'm missing the beginning of a thread. Did another thread get merged into this one?

Edit: I'm stupid. I just re-read the posts above me. I get it now.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 9th December 2008 at 01:30 PM.

I've noticed that Rive Gauche pour Homme and L'eau D'Issey gets me the most attention.
    www.myspace.com/thekoalas
    my band

http://www.directrelief.org/
    we need your help! please donate.

I love Eau Noire on my DH. It's complicated and dark, but also, strangely cool and creamy. Does exclaiming "Eau Noire!" to your husband count? Or does this have to be compliments from strangers?

I will find an excuse to nuzzle any half-way cute guy if he smells like tobacco (maybe Fumerie Turque or Eau de Baux but not Jasmin et Cigarette) but don't tell my DH!

1. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme
    2. JPG - Le Male (sad that it's too common)
    3. L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme

During a trip to Harrods, my boyfriend tried Green Irish Tweed, and frankly, it was marvellous on him.

Bergamote 22 by Le Labo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    I agree about Encre Noire, it smells great! Personally I think its a much, MUCH better version of that stupid Terr'e d'Hermes cologne, that nasty thing got 106 POSITIVE reviews under Basenotes directory! I think it STINKS!

Encre Noire is a much more refined and better scent.
    I know it's an offtopic but man I would like to thank you! Terre d'Hermes was my favorite perfume and I was a little bit offended when I read your opinion so I decided to test that Encre Noire and see what could be so much better than my beloved one I was stunned with the very first sniff at my wrist 20 seconds after I have sprayed it. You are kind of wrong about it being "a version" of Terre d'Hermes - yes, both have vetiver and that's it, otherwise they are different, but you are so right about it being great! I liked it more than TdH and actually Encre Noire is currently my favorite perfume! Thank you again, I feel so happy and maybe that's the first time I can have any real advantage of reading basenotes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMac2025 View Post
    I have Nautica Voyage and it smells exactly like the blue Irish Spring bar soap. As for the original green Irish Spring, I dunno.
    The original green Irish Spring would probably be Mugler Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by dgenerator View Post
    I know it's an offtopic but man I would like to thank you! Terre d'Hermes was my favorite perfume and I was a little bit offended when I read your opinion so I decided to test that Encre Noire and see what could be so much better than my beloved one I was stunned with the very first sniff at my wrist 20 seconds after I have sprayed it. You are kind of wrong about it being "a version" of Terre d'Hermes - yes, both have vetiver and that's it, otherwise they are different, but you are so right about it being great! I liked it more than TdH and actually Encre Noire is currently my favorite perfume! Thank you again, I feel so happy and maybe that's the first time I can have any real advantage of reading basenotes!
    Glad I could be of help

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Lately it has been Desir by Rochas - even men have stopped me (not gay men either) and said wow you smell fantastic. One woman at a show I was in kept coming up to me and smelling me because it turned her on.

No other fragrance has had the effect on women that this does. And I have a large collection,
    Blind Purchase OFD.

Youre doing a blind purchase on Desir? Let me know how it smells! I can't find it anywhere

Without starting another thread my question is if someone came to you and said I am looking for a new scent and my only objective is to receive compliments from females what five fragrances would you recommend? Keeping in mind that quality doesn't matter and female compliments is the only objective. I would recommend in no particular order
    1)Le Male
    2)Acqua Di Gio
    3)Armani Code
    4)Issey Miyake
    5)Givency Pi

Jean Patou Pour Homme Prive
    Gucci Envy
    Armani Code
    Montale Black Aoud
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux

Pi by givenchy smells a bit too feminine. Le Male is slightly overkill too. What time during the day are these colognes for? I like to wear cologne casually and naturally, so during the day with sandals, shorts and a t shirt or basketball shorts/athletic apparel is how I like to dress to suit my cologne. So, for that, these are the best everyday scents (no night-time fancy wear):

Lacoste Red
    Issey Miyake
    Cool Water
    Armani Code (for nighttime I think? I don't know for day)
    Tommy Bahama Very Cool (SO beachy-nice!)
    AF Fierce
    Encre Noire (more of a woody daytime scent in the forest, rather than nighttime wood-musk. I love this one!)
    Last edited by Dudester!; 17th December 2008 at 07:29 PM.

Dude, it's about "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?", not about your favorite fragrances I think you are writing in the wrong thread

Just a general note here.

I notice several people have started putting Armani Code down.

What's interesting is that I have not yet gone as far as purchasing this so I tried a few spritzes earlier today on the back of my right hand.

A couple of hours later I thought - oh I don't remember putting on that... that's Desir isn't it? Oh, no it's not quite as good...

Armani Code dries down similarly to Desir, but is not quite as well, damn sexy frankly.

My quest for more Desir continues as I am still not able to secure more bottles...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Where can I find Desir? its virtually non-existent outside pictures of it on the net.

1)Le Male
    2)Acqua Di Gio
    3)Armani Code
    4)Issey Miyake
    5)Givency Pi
    I have to agree on this. No matter if you try 5000 niche, the biggest compliment getters will always be Armani Code, Le Male and AdG. You forgot about D&G pour homme though.

Just a general note here.

I notice several people have started putting Armani Code down.

What's interesting is that I have not yet gone as far as purchasing this so I tried a few spritzes earlier today on the back of my right hand.

A couple of hours later I thought - oh I don't remember putting on that... that's Desir isn't it? Oh, no it's not quite as good...

Armani Code dries down similarly to Desir, but is not quite as well, damn sexy frankly.

My quest for more Desir continues as I am still not able to secure more bottles...
    Armani Code is a wonderful fragrance. People tend to put down stuff if it's too popular. I'm sure if it was a fragrance created by, say, Lutens, they would kiss it's ass (not that it has one)
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

I have to agree on this. No matter if you try 5000 niche, the biggest compliment getters will always be Armani Code, Le Male and AdG. You forgot about D&G pour homme though.

Yeah I left out D&G Pour Homme and a few others as I was looking for five. But you could add Curve, Curve Crush, Lucky You, Fierce, and D&G Pour Homme as another five and there are tons more as well.

Do people have actual experience with compliments on Desir?

My female friends find code much superior, and Desir 'too perfumey'.

Dirty English and Varvatos Vintage seem to really get noticed in a good way.

Important: when during the day are you wearing Armani Code? Day or Night? And what kind of clothes were you wearing?

I only really wear one cologne, Jacomo De Jacomo Rouge, because I haven't found anything else that I can wear daily. It seems to work well for me because the girls at work or club compliment it and/or try and stand closer to me.

Herrera for men the original been getting compliments since it was launched!Classic and timeless.

Default Will Givenchy Pi on an ugly man get comments from the ladies?

I always read in the reviews that women melt over this stuff for some reason. I'm wondering if it would work for an ugly man.

Default Re: Will Givenchy Pi on an ugly man get comments from the ladies?

no.

Are you serious?

I don't know anyone who melts over Givenchy Pi.

Try Aramis Devin instead!

Or, Giorgio for Men - works for me!

Actually, your personality and demeanor are much more important than your looks or your fragrance.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 22nd December 2008 at 02:40 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

So it only works on studs?

Yeah for sure, just spray the "ugly" guy 20-30 times with Pi and he'll be out of control shagadellic

What kind of frags should an ugly man wear?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshackleford View Post
    So it only works on studs?
    Sounds like you are aching for a fight - you won't get it here.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 22nd December 2008 at 03:01 AM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Morning Star

I always read in the reviews that women melt over this stuff for some reason. I'm wondering if it would work for an ugly man.
    Only if (1) she's blind or (2) he's walking away from her and leaves some sillage behind.

Creed Les Nuits des Sacs de Burlap

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Sounds like you are aching for a fight - you won't get it here.
    Maybe if he waits almost a week, he'll get the conflict he so desires.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 22nd December 2008 at 03:04 AM.

I'm serious. I'm what typical women would call an ugly man. Am I just wasting my money of frags. What should I wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Maybe if he waits almost a week, he'll get the conflict he so desires.
    Yes, the return of the CA!

Well if you're being down on yourself and calling yourself ugly, you need to brighten up a bit and have a better attitude. If you're just downright horrendously freakishly ugly, no fragrance is going to help you out.

I'm serious. I'm what typical women would call an ugly man. Am I just wasting my money of frags. What should I wear.
    No, you are not wasting your money. What type of fragrances do you like?

Once again, it is you and the way you carry yourself that is most important. Your goal should be to find a fragrance that you enjoy and feel confident/comfortable wearing. If you are at ease, the rest will follow.

Morning Star

Speaking seriously ( ... I should have a first time for it, after all), your choice of fragrance should probably have nothing to do with how attractive you are. Just wear what you think smells good on you.

Please refer to the sticky thread at the top of this forum for detailed advice: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

It may help attract a blind woman.

Vetiver Guerlain
    Habit Rouge Guerlain
    Polo by Ralph Lauren

I'm just depressed. I know its all about me, but I get tired of feeling awkward and invisible around everyone.

lmao is this a joke?
    i dont know anyone who "melts" for a certain fragrance, people who review often over sensationalize that part ;P

if your as ugly as you claim your are you'd be better off investing your money in surgery... how old are you? even if you are ugly(yes i do find people ugly, kill me) stop putting yourself down trust me thats not gonna help you at all. if your like in high school or something it will probally get better once you get out, where its not how good you look but whats in the bank. i know people who are truly revolting to look at who have perfectly normal lives. its more about your personally than how you look in my option, if you can carry yourself well, people come if you walk about thinking im a ugly nobody then who the hell would want to talk to you anyways? cheer up life gets better. i'v been depressed all my life(well since 12) i know how it feels, how some days you feel like shit and dont even wanna live anymore feeling your living for nothing and no one cares about you but that all comes and go. im not taking meds because my parents refuse to put me on it so best belive i know what your going tru and i also know there's better days. you just gotta try to work out of the shit your in and into something better. nothing comes free you gotta earn whatever you want so instead of looking for cologne to attract people go look in the mirror and ask yourself why im alone and how i can change that
    Last edited by xclusive; 22nd December 2008 at 03:30 AM.

Love yourself. You're almost certainly lovable. And, yeah, smell good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    if your as ugly as you claim your are you'd be better off investing your money in surgery... how old are you? even if you are ugly(yes i do find people ugly, kill me) stop putting yourself down trust me thats not gonna help you at all. if your like in high school or something it will probally get better once you get out, where its not how good you look but whats in the bank. i know people who are truly revolting to look at who have perfectly normal lives. its more about your personally than how you look in my option, if you can carry yourself well, people come if you walk about thinking im a ugly nobody then who the hell would want to talk to you anyways? cheer up life gets better. i'v been depressed all my life(well since 12) i know how it feels, how some days you feel like shit and dont even wanna live anymore feeling your living for nothing and no one cares about you but that all comes and go. im not taking meds because my parents refuse to put me on it so best belive i know what your going tru and i also know there's better days. you just gotta try to work out of the shit your in and into something better. nothing comes free you gotta earn whatever you want so instead of looking for cologne to attract people go look in the mirror and ask yourself why im alone and how i can change that
    Finally a thoughtfull,intelligent answer.this guy may just be searious.Keep your chin up mate.Im sure you are the only one who thinks you are ugly.
    ~~Penniless but smell Fantastic~~

Seriously, how old are you?
    From a woman's perspective: Women respond to self confidence and a light, playful personality.
    If you do what makes you happy, people will be attracted to you.
    When I was 19, I dated a man who was not the most good looking, but he was super smart, had a great personality, was self confident and it did not hurt that he wore Chanel Antaeus.

by the way if you want someone to talk to feel free to mail me. i really do hope it gets better for you. just please stop going around saying your ugly, thats one of the worse thing you can possibly do for yourself. take control of your life and work tru your issues one by one if you let it all built up it will eventually break you. if you want to meet new people(assuming your still in school) sign up for some extra classes and atleast TRY to talk to some people, you'd be surprised how much people i'v met tru asking them for a piece of gum. learn to carry a conversation and work on your social skills and you'd be fine. it also wouldnt kill to work on how to look either, dress decent and buy some face products. like a face mask/ oil remover their not miracle works but it helps a bit.
    Last edited by xclusive; 22nd December 2008 at 03:55 AM.

Lets see what women like...

Money
    Cars (shows u might have money or good credit)
    Houses (money/good credit)
    High paying jobs (money)
    Shopping (using money)
    Complaining
    Talking about things you don't care about

So lets see... You should hmmm

got it

Smell like money, credit cards, complaining, and things that men don't care about.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my great ideas.

But seriously (even though that was semi-serious and there is much truth in that) do what makes you happy. If gaining peoples respect, attention, shallow comments, praise, etc... makes you happy, THAN DO WHAT IT TAKES to gain those things!

Do what makes you happy, figure out what makes YOU happy, and try really hard not to let other people influence what makes you happy.
    Last edited by Mires; 22nd December 2008 at 04:03 AM.

If this is what you think women like, then no fragrance in the world will help you. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mires View Post
    Lets see what women like...

Money
    Cars (shows u might have money or good credit)
    Houses (money/good credit)
    High paying jobs (money)
    Shopping (using money)
    Complaining
    Talking about things you don't care about

So lets see... You should hmmm

got it

Smell like money, credit cards, complaining, and things that men don't care about.

Sometimes I surprise myself with my great ideas.

But seriously (even though that was semi-serious and there is much truth in that) do what makes you happy. If gaining peoples respect, attention, shallow comments, praise, etc... makes you happy, THAN DO WHAT IT TAKES to gain those things!

Do what makes you happy, figure out what makes YOU happy, and try really hard not to let other people influence what makes you happy.

loool! You got the funniest-thread-title award 2008.
    I've been finding this compliment thing very doubtful. Inever had problems with girls. I'm way above average looking and when i used to go to clubs I ALWAYS got at least 2 hot girls to give me numbers right away no talking involved! Since I then started to wear fragrance I thought i now do not have to do anything anymore and naked girls would greet me anywhere but i've never had a legit compliment since I started 4 months ago so I know it has NOTHING to do with frags I bought montals, creeds, malles, bonds even humiecki & graef ... Only hiped stuff here and I'm really pissed that I spent so much money on them. 3-5 frags is more than enough. Next year I will sell all my frags and dont wear any. I think for goodlooking guys its bad to wear scents because the girls might think he is trying to hard to impress instead of being more interested as I hoped.
    When i Picture me being ugly.... Can't help you here

Regarding Pi, a good friend keeps this in his guest bathroom as an offering to visitors. I sprayed some on some tissue and did not care for it at all. Smelled the tissue several hours later, and it gave me a worse impression at that time than it did initially.

I know the true test of a fragrance is in the wearing, but I have to at least like SOMETHING about a fragrance on paper or on the nozzle before I apply it to my skin.

Pi, to my nose, is revoltingly sweet and carries a strong resemblance to Glade Vanilla Air Freshner.

Hey, maybe that's why my friend keeps it in the guest bathroom...
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Kouros. I am ugly as hell and it never fails to get compliments. Rive Guache and Egoiste are also welcomed by many. Still, if you are hoping that your fragrance will do all the work, then yes, you are wasting your time and money.

One more thing: Ugliness has never prevented anyone from finding someone special. Stephen Hawking has married twice and that guy is not attractive at all. Heck, the prettiest and most interesting women I have ever met have boyfriends who are not the best looking (my girlfriend included). Now, pusillanimous guys? yeah they are pretty toasted.

So, do not feel sorry for yourself, get some people skills and go out there to hunt I know it sounds hard at first but what do you have to loose?
    Last edited by irish; 22nd December 2008 at 05:34 AM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Is there a perfume that can make a beautiful man ugly?

Thumbs up Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I can add Anteaus & Aramis 900 to my list.

Which has more truth to it, "Money can't buy me love" or "Money can buy me love"?

Money being your overall wealth/possessions and your social status in a given society.

It's fascinating to look back into history, at all those prearranged marriages that took place when love wasn't the first thing on their minds....seems like history has a bad habit of repeating itself!