Code of Conduct
Page 161 of 238 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 7122

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    aventus <3
    Curious, how many sprays do you use? And.. I hate to ask this... What batch number (I can hear the collective groan of BN lol)
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Which scent do you mean? Gucci By Gucci wasn't released until 2008, which makes me wonder if you're actually referring to Gucci Pour Homme II, the tea based scent they launched in 2007? That's a really good one!

Or do you mean Gucci Pour Homme, their woody incense scent? Gph is often referred to as Gucci Pout Homme (2003) because Gucci had a previous scent named Gucci Pour Homme, launched back in the 70s.

Gucci really did a terrible job naming many of their scents. It's almost as if they WANT to be confusing! Luckily, some of their stuff is quite good. I think Gph(2003) and GphII are both outstanding.
    My apologies, I was referring to Gucci by Gucci 2008. This one: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129400.html

Somehow this and Dolce Light Blue Pour Homme don't get great reviews on Basenotes but they're probably 2 of the better scents I've ever owned in terms of compliments, longevity and projection

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Which scent do you mean? Gucci By Gucci wasn't released until 2008, which makes me wonder if you're actually referring to Gucci Pour Homme II, the tea based scent they launched in 2007? That's a really good one!

Or do you mean Gucci Pour Homme, their woody incense scent? Gph is often referred to as Gucci Pout Homme (2003) because Gucci had a previous scent named Gucci Pour Homme, launched back in the 70s.

Gucci really did a terrible job naming many of their scents. It's almost as if they WANT to be confusing! Luckily, some of their stuff is quite good. I think Gph(2003) and GphII are both outstanding.
    My apologies, I was referring to Gucci by Gucci 2008. This one: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26129400.html

Somehow this and Dolce Light Blue Pour Homme don't get great reviews on Basenotes but they're probably 2 of the better scents I've ever owned in terms of compliments, longevity and projection

Basenotes Member

Default Re: In need of something most girls will call "Sexy"

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    And none of those have worked? Tough crowd!
    Srzly. There's a couple really solid ones on there that I can't see not working for what OP wants.

This thread would be better answered on the female discussion board but I second Aventus.
    Currently wearing: Versace l'Homme by Versace

Black Orchid (at least for mine)

...had the impression this was an other thread: don't wanna be in this one...(please remove if possible!)
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 11th November 2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: see my remarks

Aventus and Straight to Heaven by Kilian

Aventus

Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense
    Yep! That one ^^

I'd think the lidge & amen would have taken care of business...

+dhi
    +dh
    check on some Boucheron Jaipur & YSL Opium pH edp.
    Simplex Sigillum Veri

Oooooooooor Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

Back to Black may be what you are after. Or Tabac Blond extrait. More smouldering scents would be difficult to devise. The former is a bit 'easier' to wear - somewhat delicious.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ok. I'm going to be completely honest here.

I think the whole idea of cologne as a seduction tool is completely pathetic.

Yes, there are cases where some guys get extremely positive compliments from women, compared to most compliments of just "oh, you smell nice". But I think when men hear a woman say, "This cologne just makes me go crazy. It's so sexy", many guys immediately think that they need to get that cologne.

Truth is, all women are different.

The woman you are with may like your Aventus. Or she may think it's too fruity or too feminine. The woman you are with may like your Dior Homme or think it is way too powdery.

Most women won't agree on one fragrance that's the sexiest, even though some fragrances do get more female compliments than others. Though that shouldn't be the point of collecting fragrances.

Either way, it's not the fragrance that's going to attract a woman. It's how you look, your physique, how you dress, your personality, your intelligence, your character, your demeanor, your people skills, and your attitude that will determine that.

Yes, there are cases where some guys get extremely positive compliments from women, compared to most compliments of just "oh, you smell nice". But I think when men hear a woman say, "This cologne just makes me go crazy. It's so sexy", many guys immediately think that they need to get that cologne.

The woman you are with may like your Aventus. Or she may think it's too fruity or too feminine. The woman you are with may like your Dior Homme or think it is way too powdery.

Most women won't agree on one fragrance that's the sexiest, even though some fragrances do get more female compliments than others. Though that shouldn't be the point of collecting fragrances.

Either way, it's not the fragrance that's going to attract a woman. It's how you look, your physique, how you dress, your personality, your intelligence, your character, your demeanor, your people skills, and your attitude that will determine that.
    right on brother!

I agree fragrance alone is not going to do the job, but I could easily include "how you smell" in that list.
    If I Could Only Have a Dozen:
    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    4. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    5. Creed Bois Du Portugal
    6. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    7. Creed Tabarome Millesime
    8. Guerlain Heritage
    9. Penhaligon's Sartorial
    10. Creed Royal Oud
    11. Chanel Egoiste
    12. Creed EROLFA

Another plus for Oud Wood. While chatting up woman on park bench. She says you smell so good. Gave me her number. Is it the playa or the fragrance??

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post
    I agree fragrance alone is not going to do the job, but I could easily include "how you smell" in that list.
    not in the top 20 though, but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Curious, how many sprays do you use? And.. I hate to ask this... What batch number (I can hear the collective groan of BN lol)
    i use 8 sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, seriously though. here is how i use aventus.

if the weather is warm, i'm in a small room or i'm in a crowded area , then only one spray.

if it is cooler, or in a bigger room, or in a less crowded are, two.

i'd never use more than 2 sprays of aventus though.

DHI, Tuscany vintage, Bleu Chanel....
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by mistercitizen View Post
    Yea. Perhaps the up side is limited, but there is huge down side with regards to scent. So let this funny thread continue !

Default Re: In need of something most girls will call &quot;Sexy&quot;

It may be surprising but Armani Sport Code gets me a lot of compliments.
    I actually like it better than original Code. Everytime i wear Sport Code, lot of people compliment me saying that the fragrance is really very pleasant and nice

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, Fierce which is supposed to be a compliment magnet doesnt work for me. People say that it smells like wet clothes left out to dry and that it isnt nice at all

I view this thread as more of a "top percentage people pleaser" than a "fictional panty dropper" list. So with that said hands down my least offensive positive remarked upon scents are....

Fierce
    Rochas Man
    Bleu de Chanel
    Platinum Egoiste
    Versace Pour Homme

Was at work today, sat down in front of my boss for a chat, and the lady on a desk a few metres away came over and started sniffing me, first on one side of my neck, then the other, for about 15 seconds while my boss shut up and watched. She walked away (towards the office kitchen) while muttering 'you smell pretty'

I was wearing Chergui.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lady on a desk a few metres away came over and started sniffing me
    I am always amazed at the olfactory sensitivity of women. Personally i like to smell my frag all day but that requires quite a few extra sprays. Lately I have backed off of the trigger to keep the aroma within my personal space. Not saying you have on too much. Could be you walked by her and she caught your scent.

I probably do wear too much, for the majority of my colognes I spray 1-2x to the chest, 2 to the neck (1 on each side), and 2 to the wrists (1 each wrist).

Some exceptions include Angel Men, Kouros etc which are overpowering and don't need anywhere near as much. I don't get complaints about over wearing colognes, if there are any comments made they are only compliments.

Thanks Einstein...you are aware that this thread is dedicated to female compliments, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Thanks Einstein...you are aware that this thread is dedicated to female compliments, correct?
    That response was to a thread about someone wanting a "sexy" cologne. The mods just merged that into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    That response was to a thread about someone wanting a "sexy" cologne. The mods just merged that into this thread.
    My bad then. The post just seemed a little out of place. Sorry.

L'Artisan Tea for Two. Some women want it for themselves, some want it for their men. They describe it as both a sexy and comforting scent.

- - - Updated - - -

L'Artisan Tea for Two. Some women want it for themselves, some want it for their men. They describe it as both a sexy and comforting scent.

Page 161 of 238 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 211 ... LastLast