Code of Conduct
Page 165 of 240 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 7188
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.
    You sprayed Korous on your chest five times a minute? Then the reason your location is undisclosed is because the women cannot leave you alone? I am just kidding. Congratulations if this works for you.

TJ

If the occasion's right... DHI will snag you a few

Gotta give more praise to AVENTUS. Gave my 17 year old son a decant with one instruction - Never more than one spray to the neck. He says several girls gave him so many compliments.

"Lomani" for sure i will say this is the best one for me

Out of the ones I own, YSL La Nuit, Le Male and most recently Bleu de Chanel are the top compliment getters.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

I am at a loss for words.

The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

I am at a loss for words.

The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    Only 4? Next time wear white socks to match the plaid/shirt/fake gold chain outfit
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

6 months of wearing fragrances daily and today was my...SECOND compliment. Fine by me, as long as I know the smell is nice.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.

I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    If you go to school or a party/club then you'll get plenty.

At the work's Christmas party on Friday night..............................Aventus.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).
    I have a bit of this problem too. I wouldn't say it becomes a powder-bomb on me, but it definitely becomes more powdery than I'd expect. Something about it doesn't work with my skin. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't work for me, which is a shame because it really is good stuff. Ah well!

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    Following up on that last part: if your job includes a lot of interaction with the public, you'll get a LOT more compliments than if you work in private, and it's not just because you see more people. Friendly interactions with strangers will get you compliments, partly because many people appreciate being helped or served and want to say something nice to express their gratitude... and they'll usually find something easy to compliment. Smelling nice, having great looking glasses or unique looking hair... that stuff is easy to notice and so, it'll get complimented.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.
    Maybe, it's your personality. You might be one of those hard to approach guys. I am the same way. Many girls say I am intimidating to approach...I don't know why. I'm sure many who have walked by you have said, "damn, he smells good"...
    Especially, when you wear that Musc Ravageur

none
    Favorite notes at this point: Sandal wood, Oud, Frankincense, Rose

Got Avant Garde by Lanvin as a gift from my wife few days back, though, I was not very keen to buy it, but she got it for me...my God! what a compliment getter it turned out to be!! Wore it yesterday to a party and got over a dozen compliments from both sexes..

For me its YSL la nuit de lhomm and Versace eau fraiche Easy compliment getters.

Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)

I have worn fragrances for over thirty years and had never recieved comments no matter what i wore.
    However i have just started wearing " La Perla Essence " by Grigioperla and everytime i get people asking me what it is.
    Men and Women both have asked.
    I am surprised there has been little talk of this fragrance because i think its an absolute Gem.

Polo modern reserve

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMonk View Post
    Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)
    lmao, did you just admit to cheating on your current GF with an Asian lady you also took on a 'date'? . I'd be careful while sniffing and rolling, your GF doesn't smell another woman on you lmao

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.
    Absolutely true. My skin does tend to absorb whatever I wear. Interestingly, Pure Malt, even over A*Men tends to be the only thing that projects. When I received a compliment, I had sprayed it on my shirt. I am doing this more often now.

Very true. People do not want to come off as "strange" for complementing someone on a fragrance. Although...I can't see why someone would think someone else is strange for doing so.

CologneFan85

YSL La Nuit de L'Homme gets me noticed the most, perfect for cold weather and the nightlife

3 compliments today, from 3 different women!

I was wearing Noir de Reminiscence.
    Currently wearing: Honour Man by Amouage

CologneFan85

A Men also, but you have to be careful wearing it no matter what flanker it is can be way overpowering. A fellow worker of mine make the room smell like a damn bakery wearing the original! Not good

Today i was complimented for the first time in years by a female friend - enthusiastically so. I was wearing tommy girl.

I tailored my purchases to suit the last tally. From those I've gotten a few compliments.

Burberry London 2
    Le Male 1
    Rochas Man 1

I have however never received compliments for Green Irish Tweed or L'eu Dissey curiously. Perhaps due to dry skin or other factors. It be great if someone could devise a more thorough census to control the many variables though.

How many compliments? How long ago? How many frags do you have and what do you have? Age of complimenter? Age of wearer? Etc.
    Last edited by Manteuse; 14th December 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Forever I seek the holy grail of fragrance - Creed's Construction with Modern Longevity.

Basenotes Member

bleu de chanel and aventus

Page 165 of 240 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 215 ... LastLast