Code of Conduct
Page 165 of 301 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 9006
  1. #4921

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.
    You sprayed Korous on your chest five times a minute? Then the reason your location is undisclosed is because the women cannot leave you alone? I am just kidding. Congratulations if this works for you.


    TJ

  2. #4922

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    If the occasion's right... DHI will snag you a few

  3. #4923

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Gotta give more praise to AVENTUS. Gave my 17 year old son a decant with one instruction - Never more than one spray to the neck. He says several girls gave him so many compliments.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  4. #4924

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    "Lomani" for sure i will say this is the best one for me

  5. #4925

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Out of the ones I own, YSL La Nuit, Le Male and most recently Bleu de Chanel are the top compliment getters.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

  6. #4926

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

    I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

    Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

    In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

    I am at a loss for words.

    The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.

  7. #4927

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    I have a lot of women in my life and have received many compliments before on various fragrances; however, my favorite fragrance--the one I absolutely adore, has received nothing but shame. Every single girl I have worn it around has been completely disgusted by it. Girls that have given me compliments on previous colognes tell me to not wear it no more.
    At first, I thought it was a bad batch or something and have since purchased another but nothing has changed.

    I live in a tad warmer weather, Southern California. Could this be a factor?

    Could it be my skin chemistry?!
    I have tested it on my clothes as well and similar reactions.

    In fact, my sister said she wanted to puke after being around me once and I only did 1 spray!

    I am at a loss for words.

    The fragrance I am referring to is La Nuit De l'homme by YSL EDT
    Shocked to say the least considering the opposite reaction everyone else gets.
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).

  8. #4928

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,586

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I went to the club. Plaid shirt with the 2 buttons popped showin all my chest hair, I wore a giant fake gold chain, some sunglasses, spiked my hair. I sprayed Kouros on my chest 5 times a minute before I walked on the club. I had like 4 random women all over me telling me I smelled delicious.
    Only 4? Next time wear white socks to match the plaid/shirt/fake gold chain outfit
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  9. #4929

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    6 months of wearing fragrances daily and today was my...SECOND compliment. Fine by me, as long as I know the smell is nice.

  10. #4930
    Dependent senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    4,074
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.

  11. #4931

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    If you go to school or a party/club then you'll get plenty.

  12. #4932

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    At the work's Christmas party on Friday night..............................Aventus.

  13. #4933
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,087
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    I live in socal and also haven't had stellar reaction to testing. For whatever reason La Nuit turns into a powder bomb on my skin (according to females).
    I have a bit of this problem too. I wouldn't say it becomes a powder-bomb on me, but it definitely becomes more powdery than I'd expect. Something about it doesn't work with my skin. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't work for me, which is a shame because it really is good stuff. Ah well!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    If you go to school or a party/club then you'll get plenty.
    Following up on that last part: if your job includes a lot of interaction with the public, you'll get a LOT more compliments than if you work in private, and it's not just because you see more people. Friendly interactions with strangers will get you compliments, partly because many people appreciate being helped or served and want to say something nice to express their gratitude... and they'll usually find something easy to compliment. Smelling nice, having great looking glasses or unique looking hair... that stuff is easy to notice and so, it'll get complimented.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT

  14. #4934
    Giannino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.

  15. #4935

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    I have over 50 fragrances in my wardrobe (45 or so too many) which I wear daily and I can honestly say, I can't recall the last time I received a compliment.
    Am I bothered? Absolutely not. Do I smell divine almost all of the time? To my nose, absolutely without question. Here endeth the lesson.
    Maybe, it's your personality. You might be one of those hard to approach guys. I am the same way. Many girls say I am intimidating to approach...I don't know why. I'm sure many who have walked by you have said, "damn, he smells good"...
    Especially, when you wear that Musc Ravageur

  16. #4936
    Super Member hlatif33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    none

  17. #4937
    Dependent staticx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got Avant Garde by Lanvin as a gift from my wife few days back, though, I was not very keen to buy it, but she got it for me...my God! what a compliment getter it turned out to be!! Wore it yesterday to a party and got over a dozen compliments from both sexes..

  18. #4938

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    For me its YSL la nuit de lhomm and Versace eau fraiche Easy compliment getters.
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

  19. #4939

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

    My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)

  20. #4940

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I have worn fragrances for over thirty years and had never recieved comments no matter what i wore.
    However i have just started wearing " La Perla Essence " by Grigioperla and everytime i get people asking me what it is.
    Men and Women both have asked.
    I am surprised there has been little talk of this fragrance because i think its an absolute Gem.

  21. #4941

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Polo modern reserve

  22. #4942

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMonk View Post
    Had a date go the right way, and back at my place my shirt was unbuttoned, and the chick was going nuts smelling my chest. Well, thanks to Original Santal and my rugged good looks, I scored the big one. Or I should say small one, she was a 5'2 Asian...

    My current girlfriend loves Grey Vetiver. And she likes Costume National homme in the evening when it calms down a little. (at first it's pretty heavy, but last all day strong. By evening it's perfect for her)
    lmao, did you just admit to cheating on your current GF with an Asian lady you also took on a 'date'? . I'd be careful while sniffing and rolling, your GF doesn't smell another woman on you lmao

  23. #4943

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Perhaps you have extremely dry skin and your fragrances are not projecting to others? I find it so difficult to believe that you don't get compliments more often.
    Absolutely true. My skin does tend to absorb whatever I wear. Interestingly, Pure Malt, even over A*Men tends to be the only thing that projects. When I received a compliment, I had sprayed it on my shirt. I am doing this more often now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    I also think that a lot of people are too shy to give a compliment. I'm sure many have thought: "Ohh you smell nice" but when it comes down to it they can't project the words out their mouth cause they think it's embarrassing or whatever.
    That's why most people garner compliments from those individuals that they are close to or know well enough.
    Also, depends on the environment you're in daily. If you work behind a cubital all day, you won't get much attention.
    If you go to school or a party/club then you'll get plenty.
    Very true. People do not want to come off as "strange" for complementing someone on a fragrance. Although...I can't see why someone would think someone else is strange for doing so.

  24. #4944
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme gets me noticed the most, perfect for cold weather and the nightlife

  25. #4945
    Basenotes Institution JiveHippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11,542

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    3 compliments today, from 3 different women!

    I was wearing Noir de Reminiscence.
    Currently wearing: Opus II by Amouage

  26. #4946
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    A Men also, but you have to be careful wearing it no matter what flanker it is can be way overpowering. A fellow worker of mine make the room smell like a damn bakery wearing the original! Not good

  27. #4947

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Today i was complimented for the first time in years by a female friend - enthusiastically so. I was wearing tommy girl.

  28. #4948

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I tailored my purchases to suit the last tally. From those I've gotten a few compliments.

    Burberry London 2
    Le Male 1
    Rochas Man 1

    I have however never received compliments for Green Irish Tweed or L'eu Dissey curiously. Perhaps due to dry skin or other factors. It be great if someone could devise a more thorough census to control the many variables though.

    How many compliments? How long ago? How many frags do you have and what do you have? Age of complimenter? Age of wearer? Etc.
    Last edited by Manteuse; 14th December 2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Forever I seek the holy grail of fragrance - Creed's Construction with Modern Longevity.

  29. #4949
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    bleu de chanel and aventus

  30. #4950
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,087
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    +1 on Hanae Mori, H.M.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manteuse View Post
    I tailored my purchases to suit the last tally. ... I have however never received compliments for Green Irish Tweed or L'eu Dissey curiously. Perhaps due to dry skin or other factors. It be great if someone could devise a more thorough census to control the many variables though.

    How many compliments? How long ago? How many frags do you have and what do you have? Age of complimenter? Age of wearer? Etc.
    There are too many variables for that to be possible if you really think about it. Everyone's skin is different, we all wear scents differently, and every woman has different tastes. That last point is especially important. Just because a woman compliments a guy on a scent, it doesn't mean she represents most women's tastes at all. I have one female friend in particular who loves scents that just about all of my other friends would hate. It cracks me up.

    Everyone is different, so, the best thing you can do is make educated guesses. When sampling a scent, think about it from the point of view of the kind of person you'd like to attract. What are her tastes likely to be? I love smart women. Bookish. Maybe even nerdy or geeky. Brains with girl-next-door looks really do it for me. When I've been on dates with women like that, I've gotten great feedback on Gucci Pour Homme II. I own both Gph and GphII, and I think it's interesting how they seem to have such different personalities. Gph is a very manly hairy-chested scent. GphII is more charming and sophisticated. Both are excellent. Both attract a completely different kind of woman.

    My point is that the list for this thread is an 'in general' sort of list. It's up to us to figure out what works for us and what we think the women we like would most likely enjoy.

    It would be awesome if we could sort the list of most complimented scents by the age and personality of the women who gave the compliments, but creating a list like that would be one heck of a massive undertaking!!! That's the sort of market research companies spend a lot of money to create, though they don't share that info since it's like their own secret weapon. And it's worth noting that that sort of market research isn't always accurate (blah blah blah all kinds of unintended biases can drastically skew the results) ...it sure would be neat though. I'm such a sucker for quality research.

    The best thing you can do is use the list as a guide for scents you might want to try, and make your own educated guesses, knowing the results may not work for you. Good luck!
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    Reflection Man
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Bergamote Soleil
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT

Page 165 of 301 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 8th April 2016, 05:47 PM
  2. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 15th August 2015, 11:22 PM
  3. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 05:18 AM
  4. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000