Code of Conduct
Page 168 of 240 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 7189

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

today on New Year's Eve Terre D'Hermes

True story. Wore Aventus tonight. No one commented on it but the family dog went crazy sniffing my forearm (where I had sprayed it). She wouldn't leave me alone. Guess the *****es really do love the stuff. As far as human females, no compliments yet though I have heard off hand comments like "it smells like cigars" or "smells ashy," which may or may not have been me (having a pinapple heavy/smoke light batch).

Spicebomb - 4 compliments on the first day I put it on and 1 the next day from my gf.
    Burberry London - gets compliments in close quarter situation, like in a bus or subway.
    Dior Homme Intense - have the old formulation and its just a compliment magnet and if they don't say anything they look at you in a way that tells that they like it if not love it. (want to try the new formulation).
    Terre d'Hermes - haven't been around any ladies with this on, but guys do sure love it.

A few days ago, I was in a Chinese buffet restaurant and was getting my receipt from the young cashier. As I proceeded past her to the food/seating area, I was momentarily startled because her head involuntarily jerked back in my direction. I glanced back and saw this fleeting, yearning expression on her countenance as if she really wanted to ask me what I was wearing that smelled so doggone good! Sometimes people don't have to speak for you to know. Chergui.
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Royal Mayfair, Roja Dove Enigma, Xerjoff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    True story. Wore Aventus tonight. No one commented on it but the family dog went crazy sniffing my forearm (where I had sprayed it). She wouldn't leave me alone. Guess the *****es really do love the stuff. As far as human females, no compliments yet though I have heard off hand comments like "it smells like cigars" or "smells ashy," which may or may not have been me (having a pinapple heavy/smoke light batch).
    Man the SAME thing happened to me last summer! i posted the below back then..

EIGHT!!! : good lord were you trying to gas everyone in the place? i made the mistake of applying 3 sprays and got complaints that i had on too much cologne (a dog also repeatedly tried to hump the heck out of my leg out of a group of 10 people) and i have never repeated that error. 2 sprays max and I'm good to go.

I love the way it smells, if someone else smells it and compliments me, good if not just catching that occasional whiff throughout the day is enough for me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/303...rouble-at-work

Well, the ones my wife compliments the most are A*Men Taste of Fragrance, La Nuit de L'homme, Original Santal/Mont Blanc Individuel, and Tobacco Vanille. The fragrance that has gotten me the most compliments per capita from strangers and friends is Interlude Man. I seriously couldn't believe it; almost every person I interacted with loved it! Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    It's quite normal : http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-6564173.html

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBros View Post
    Well, the ones my wife compliments the most are A*Men Taste of Fragrance, La Nuit de L'homme, Original Santal/Mont Blanc Individuel, and Tobacco Vanille. The fragrance that has gotten me the most compliments per capita from strangers and friends is Interlude Man. I seriously couldn't believe it; almost every person I interacted with loved it! Amazing.
    Interlude Man??? I have to say that is the last scent i would think woudl be universally loved ...its a strange one!

Two compliments today for Yatagan. Both female with one in her mid 20's.

YSL La nuit de l'homme
    le male
    givenchy play intense
    kouros

As far as compliments go, Mont Blanc legend gets A Ttttttttoonnnn of them....

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    As far as compliments go, Mont Blanc legend gets A Ttttttttoonnnn of them....
    That is fantastic. In my opinion, one of the great upsides of this hobby is that you can wear something FAR nicer than MB Legend, actually enjoy wearing the cologne far more, and still get the compliments.

Check out:

Armani Acqua di Gio
    Armani Code ... and
    Creed Aventus.

I think you would enjoy any of them much more and still get the compliments.

Best,

TJ

Chanel Allure Homme Sport has been getting me compliments without failure

I own many expensive niche scents at this point, but the one that has drawn the most compliments is Terre d'Hermes EDT.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

A very enthusiastic unsolicited compliment last night from a date on Fahrenheit. It's the first time I've been complimented on that one, but I don't wear it that often. Frankly, I don't wear it often enough! God, I love Fahrenheit.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

A few compliments today at the office with Coney Island.

"mmm you smell good", "it smells good in here, it smells like man", & "it smells really good in our office!....it's you isn't it?"

Coney Island...it rules

Where aventus stories? I luv them!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pav View Post
    Where aventus stories? I luv them!!
    Speaking of which, I've been wearing a lot of aventus lately.

I went to a cathouse once and the woman left her pole to tell me how good I smelled.

An attractive woman offered to pay for my entire shopping cart at Shop Rite just to put her nose by my shirt.

The reason why so many people immigrate to America is because I'm wearing a lot of Aventus and all the ladies come from different countries to smell me.

Last night, I was walking down the hallway in a building when a friend, sniffing, exclaimed, " Wow, what is that you have on? It is really nice. I'd like to get some of that for my husband!" Chergui hasn't let me down yet. Good work, son. Now, only if your brothers could be more consistent.......
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Royal Mayfair, Roja Dove Enigma, Xerjoff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI.

My co worker walked into the office this morning and she said "you smell really fresh, what is that?" I was wearing Gendarme 20.

@craniumbash : 4 compliments in one day is pretty good. Where did you buy spicebomb? Im not a fan of blindbuying and would love to try this out and possibly add to my collection .
    Collection:
    Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit, Thierry Mugler Pure Havane, Viktor&Rolf Spicebomb, Versace Dreamer, Chanel Plantinum Egoiste, Hanae Mori, Acqua Di Gio, John Varvatos + Vintage, Dior Homme Intense, Givenchy Pi, Paul Smith London, Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey, Cool Water Deep Blue, Aquolina Blue Sugar, Bod, Rochas Man, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chrome Azzaro, Armani Code

I've had many compliments from workmates, I have had compliments from wearing CH Men, Le Male, Chanel BdC and the best was from... Aventus.. a woman about 5ft away asked me to come over and then proceeded to ask what I was wearing, and a few weeks later a young woman who has never complimented me said 'You smell really nice' then proceeded to get closer and take a whiff, my most recent was from my brother for wearing Versace Pour Homme though.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

L'Air du Desert Marocain.

I got a compliment while out to breakfast. Actually, I got a compliment before breakfast arrived. Once bacon hits the table, there's no smelling anything else. Yay, LDDM (and yay BACON!)
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Mont Blanc Individuel and YLS l'homme...but I haven't been abusing DHI yet so who knows :-)

G.Armani Code PH, Escada Magnetism for Men, L`Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, V&R Spicebomb, Amouage Jubilation XXV Men

"what do you wash your clothes with, it smells f*****g nice!" lol it wasnt my clothes........it was my first day at work of wearing a generous amount of Hanae Mori.

Love the drydown of this stuff, it gets quite smokey (think Aventus) on my skin.

CologneFan85

A woman at sunset Blvd said I smell "very nice" when I was wear D&G The One Gentleman the other day...its been great on compliments.

2 compliments in the last week on the newest addition to my wardrobe, Cartier's Declaration.

Wife loves Swiss Army on me...

Quote Originally Posted by jenifier View Post
    you can go for Marquis and Cubs' perfumes to make attentioon of anybody on you
    marquis ?
    ''Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'' L. Da Vinci

Page 168 of 240 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 218 ... LastLast