Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 5973

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

How did post #799 get changed in this original thread

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    How did post #799 get changed in this original thread
    Originally, the thread was by itself in the Male Fragrance Discussion section. But then a mod, apparently, merged that topic with this one.

I just never seen that happen before and confused me, was that post a joke anyway?

It would seem to be a joke, but in his previous posts, mrshackleford assured all of us that he was genuinely ugly.

Mrshackleford is the man.

I just never seen that happen before and confused me, was that post a joke anyway?
    No, because jokes aren't suppose to come out as hostile . Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the original poster and can understand how he feels, but there are certain ways of going about things. But I think some of the posts were helpful.

over the last few weeks i've worn rochas man, rive gauche, bois du portugal, and ysl l'homme. did 3 sprays of each, each time.

not one compliment

maybe people don't compliment in nyc. i dunno. i think i smell like a million bucks. go figure.

I just got my bottle of Rochas Desir. If you're looking for a bottle i got mine on amazon 2oz for $23 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by union1411 View Post
    over the last few weeks i've worn rochas man, rive gauche, bois du portugal, and ysl l'homme. did 3 sprays of each, each time.

not one compliment

maybe people don't compliment in nyc. i dunno. i think i smell like a million bucks. go figure.

i know what you mean, i think it depends, i don't think a perfect stranger will compliment you as a much as someone who knows you

Or they might think you are being hit on if you know what i mean. Sometimes I might hear wow someone smells good

Ones I've recieved compliments on so far:

Hermes Bel Ami
    YSL Kouros
    Art of Shaving Sandalwood

I was in the mall today and this random chick came up to me like "OMGGG YOU SMELL SOOOO GOOD! ITS LIKE SOOO DELICIOUS i just wanna take you back to my place and eat you... (ok, ok. i made up the last part ;P) i was using PI... neo.

In all these pages, no doubt this has come up, but I would guess that when a woman compliments a man on his fragrance, very often she is:

- Trying to make small talk, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Trying to make him or herself comfortable in a tense situation, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Aware that the presence of the fragrance means that he took some effort to impress her, and wanting to reassure him, whether or not she cares about the fragrance.

- Trying to flirt, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Any number of other goals that have nothing to do with the fragrance.

Or, occasionally:

- Actually admiring the fragrance.

So what I'm saying is that not only is a woman not going to be won over merely by a fragrance, but even if a woman _compliments_ the fragrance, her motivation for issuing the compliment may have nothing whatsoever to do with the fragrance.

And, actually, if I found a man attractive, and found his fragrance to be a part of his attractiveness, odds are the very, very last thing I would do is compliment the fragrance. Doing so is just not my brand of flirting.

Crayfish

its half true but I dont think some of your female/male best friends would want to flirt with you and You may notice with ease if she/he wants to pick You up or just complement Your scent, I complemented in my life twice for the fragnance but I didnt want pick her up, so... ?
    lets stick to topic, or i will think You wanna flirt with us
    Last edited by yrk; 29th December 2008 at 09:10 AM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Dolce Gabbana Pour homme rules in this time of the year.

I live in Chile and I m using that bottle every weekday.....Only positive opinions. (from different kind of persons)
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    Dolce Gabbana Pour homme rules in this time of the year.

I live in Chile and I m using that bottle every weekday.....Only positive opinions. (from different kind of persons)
    From different kind of women.....Thats what I want to say....

Now I understand why DG Pour Homme is one of the top sellers around the world. Maybe is a little bit generic, but who cares.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

Sorry Crayfish. I have to somewhat disagree. In some cases you are probably correct. But for the most part when I wear a common Chick magnet fragrance like Gio or LeMale or Dolce &Gabbana, Issey etc. I get many female compliments. When I wear obscure or somewhat mature frags(old mannish) I don;t get any comps and sometimes a fragrance insult.

So basically what I'm am saying, is that certain fragrances are just well liked by many,many women. And I think today's generation of women are not afraid to express their opinion.

Givency Xeryus Rouge, i like , girls compliment
    Last edited by ausamamira; 15th January 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Default Re: Will Givenchy Pi on an ugly man get comments from the ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshackleford View Post
    Vetiver Guerlain
    Habit Rouge Guerlain
    Polo by Ralph Lauren
    very classy!

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Without any doubt, these will always get you complimented:

1. Le Male
    2. Acqua di Gio
    3. Boss Botlled

Yes, it's that simple, no need for niche scents if you're just looking to be complimented for the scent you're wearing

Others that I got compliments for on a regular base were L'eau d'Issey and YSL L'homme
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 3rd January 2009 at 07:43 PM.

there's no single chick killer imo. not all girls are gonna be into the same things but it seems most of them are into the more popular scents who dudes be using(le male, d&g ph, entire armani line and issey to name a few) i NEVER get compliments when im using something not fresh and fruity smelling...

I know this is not very scientific but I thought some might be interested:

I have been to a strip club 4 times in past few months with 4 different fragrances. I know strippers will say anything to get you to give money and get lap dances, but now I have enough evidence by going back to the same place to find out what they really think. Now here are the results:

1. Body Kouros - every single stripper loved this one to death and the compliments were nonstop

2. Rochas Man - got a few compliments a few strippers paid no notice at all. some loved it

3. Musc Ravaguer - tied with Rochas Man. Some strippers were very intrigued by it and said it was yummy. Others made no comment.

4. Green Irish Tweed - exactly zero compliments which i was shocked.

The winner was Body Kouros hands down.
    Last edited by denec; 3rd January 2009 at 11:48 PM.

Come on, posting about what strippers compliment you on?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Come on, posting about what strippers compliment you on?

Really?

what is the difference? like i said it wasn't scientific but only way to have enough females around 10-15 different females all come up to me and get intimate with me, and i never asked them, they mentioned it first. Like I said of course they are after money, but they never said i smelled good when I was wearing Green Irish tweed at all..when compared to Body Kouros every single one loved it. Huge difference.

Thanks for the tip denec! I'll have to try this one out for myself.

I actually have a thought relating to that. imo fresh and fruity frag are good to get chicks attention in a good way. But manly frags are good to get attention, sexually. Why do chicks do not compliment on manly frag all the time? imo manly frags are good if you sniff it very closely, especially when it has blended with the skin. Fresh frag probably gets to cloying if they sniff it closely. just a thought though

Hello,

Girls are very sensitive about smell, they appreciate well if you are wearing right fragrance, musk works well for me, whenever i use my musk perfumes i got loys of compliments from females.

Regards,
    enrique123

S Cohen Suits

I got the most compliments for "cheaper" scents like:

Kouros
    Cool water by Davidoff
    Gucci Rush
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Kenzo Air

But of course the scents you wear at daytime tend to get the most reaction. If you´re out at night so many different scents disturbe yours. One have to be very close to get a compliment from the other sex

I wanted to continue the discussion of the common compliment getter (Code, Gio, Le Male, Pi etc) vs. the no comment on manly frag argument. I see both sides of this. I can understand where it would be easier for a female to say "that smells nice" instead of "that turns me on" to a stranger. So for the purpose of arguments sake less use Acqua Di Gicrap, Armani Code, Le Male, Issey Miyake, and Dolche and Gabbana Pour Homme as the standard bearers for the common compliment getters. Now from the manly frag doesn't get compliments but are more sexual side of of things what five frags would you guys suggests instead of the five I just mentioned?
    Last edited by tbp82; 7th January 2009 at 02:01 PM.

Denec said "Body Kouros - every single stripper loved this one to death and the compliments were nonstop" I've never tried it though, but I am going to try it definetely. lol

"Body Kouros" is very similiar to Le Male. So if you like Le Male you will probably like Body Kouros. If you don't then you probably won't.

I personally don't find Body Kouros similar to Le Male in any way. However I do agree it's a good compliment getter, perfect for this time of year.

Talking Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I love the way Chez Bond smells on a man and Saks for him. def my favs!

I got complements wearing these:

Cool Water happy summer - Davidoff
    D&G PH
    Black XS by Paco R.
    Rochas Man

and I got a negative response while wearing Fleur du male by JPG which i tried on my skin on a visit to the perfume store

For me the best reactions I get are when I wear:
    1. Lalique Encre Noir
    2. DK Fuel for Men (re-edit)
    3. Jo Malone Pomegrenate Noir
    4. Shiseido Basala

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Well,

Chrome by Azzaro and Himalaya by creed got me compliments. Also I got one or two compliments with Kenneth Cole black.

But there is an Attar (issence oil) which I use called Majamua. I get compliments all the time I use it.

Regards

I got complimented very often on Boss Bottled, Gucci Envy, Ungaro III, Dior Homme and Cerutti 1881 Amber . It came to me as a surprise, however, when more "unlikely" (unlikely as in less easy to imagine for romantic wear) candidates like Antaeus, Knize Ten, Halston Z14, Opium PH (as well the Eau d'Orient version), Esencia Loewe and even Crabtree & Evelyn's Sienna and Sandalwood got me complimented too.

Over the years I've had numerous compliments regarding my SOTD; I couldn't even begin to list them all.

However, there have been three which have consistently garnered compliments; come Winter or Summer, in the office or out in the evening, and these are (in no particular order):

Fahrenheit
    Terre d'Hermes
    &
    Green Irish Tweed

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the community and the world of scents in general. As of now I only have two scents. Burberry London and Terre d'Hermes. Both have garnered compliments from ladies with London getting a few more than TdH.
    Last edited by DouglasToms; 18th January 2009 at 03:28 PM.

Chrome
    LeMale
    Very Sexy for Him 2 (better keep the spray bottle on you, as this dies out FAST)
    Giorgio V.I.P. (both back in it's "heyday" as well as from a recently acquired bottle)
    CKOne
    Curve (Almost immediately after spraying on- Also dies out very fast)
    Gucci Envy (more of a "polite" comment than a "sexy" compliment)

Oh, and I don't think the "stripper experiment" is as flawed as some of you might think. Yes, they will say almost anything, but I can't see even a stripper making a misleading remark on how you smell...If they didn't like it, they would just say nothing. Just my opinion. Now, if they tell you that you are "SO hot", and that you look 15 years younger than you are...

Also (again my opinion), if a woman is into you, even if it's a stranger standing next to you at the bar, they will like what you're wearing, within reasonable bounds. And yes, I do realize many women outside a club or bar environment may like what you're wearing because they want it for their boyfriend or husband. That's a bit different.

Now I've been using a lot of different fragrances for the last 4 months..I wore like 30-40 fragrances, lots of samples included, niche+designer..

And the winner is...Joop Jump.......This one has gotten the most compliments so far..

2nd place goes to BY Man..

3rd to Armani Diamonds for men..

I also got compliments on: Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Annayake Tomo (similar to Le Male), DSquared He Wood, Chanel Pour Monsieur (original)

Not 1 single compliments on the niche (including Musc Ravageur, New Haarlem, Ambre Narguile, and a few others)

Note here that it's not really fair cause I wore the first 3 WAY more often than the niche
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

I don't have much of a collection yet, but out of the one's I do have or have tested, I'd say Creed MI.

Question Which *niche* scent do women love most?

I know I know.... There isn't a scent that will drive a woman crazy, nor am i looking for that. But it doesn't hurt to know which niche scents women tend to favor. I would just like to order samples based on your opinions and perhaps make my next purchase.

Default Re: Which *niche* scent do women love most?

New Haarlem by Bond no 9
    For sale: Nemo Cacharel 1,7OZ (30ML) 99% full

You could always ask the women.

Agree. Ask it on the the woman's forum.

Also there is not going to be a consensus view from the women!

Haha yeaaaah but i didn't want to cross over to the dark side. Never ventured into their end of the website hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by ldolor2 View Post
    Haha yeaaaah but i didn't want to cross over to the dark side. Never ventured into their end of the website hahaha!
    They don't bite Much...

But it doesn't hurt to know which niche scents women tend to favor.
    I need to up my meds..tend to favor on themselves or men?

I need to up my meds..tend to favor on themselves or men?
    Should have cleared that up...!
    Which scent the prefer on men!

I find the ladies in the ladies forum will be more than happy to give advice

BTW i take back my theory on using ladies in a strip club...

not only because none of them like Green irish tweed, i have no clue why..

but tonight i was at a bar and no joke a girl around the age of 21 who was with her boyfriend literally came up to me and said "Wow you smell so nice what are you wearing" I had to say it to her three times because she thought I was speaking a foreign language, and she wants her boyfriend to buy it. not only that she made all her girlfriends there smell it and they all said I smelled awesome. I never had so many hot college girls smell my neck like that and all think I smelled so awesome. The really bad thing was their boyfriends were all getting jealous that I literally left about 15 minutes later.

So morale of the story don't go by what strippers say not because they might only be after your money but i think they have totally different tastes

This whole stipper conversation is crazy to me. I still don't understand how a dancer telling a *MAN* that he smells good would help her out. Most *MEN* don't care about compliments like that and would rather be told about how they look or have you been working out and things of that nature. I know everyone here has a bit of a fragrance obsession but in the eyes of society the so called *real man* or *manly man* or *man's man* wouldn't care if he got complimented on his fragrance or not. With that being said from my experiances with dancers they compliment the same fragrances that everyone else does. But, I can't remember ever wearing a fragrance to a bar, club, etc and not getting a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    but in the eyes of society the so called *real man* or *manly man* or *man's man* wouldn't care if he got complimented on his fragrance or not.
    Now what society are you referring to? East Bumblefuck, Minnesota? I don't know a guy who does well with girls who wouldn't enjoy a compliment about his fragrance, or hair, or things of that nature. That whole "real man" thing is bullshit, and gets you laid about as much as wearing any of the plethora of old-man scents some of you guys love.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    BTW i take back my theory on using ladies in a strip club...

not only because none of them like Green irish tweed, i have no clue why..

but tonight i was at a bar and no joke a girl around the age of 21 who was with her boyfriend literally came up to me and said "Wow you smell so nice what are you wearing" I had to say it to her three times because she thought I was speaking a foreign language, and she wants her boyfriend to buy it. not only that she made all her girlfriends there smell it and they all said I smelled awesome. I never had so many hot college girls smell my neck like that and all think I smelled so awesome. The really bad thing was their boyfriends were all getting jealous that I literally left about 15 minutes later.

So morale of the story don't go by what strippers say not because they might only be after your money but i think they have totally different tastes
    Sorry..but so you were wearing GIT?

As far as strippers. The older you get you more you realize..and this will help you younger bucks..."It's transactional." Just keep saying that. She doesn't like you. She doesn't think you are different from the other guys there. She doesn't think you act any different than others. She will probably go home with some older, rich guy who can supply drugs, etc. So overall, know that you are giving up cash for dances with a naked woman. It's a transaction. Unless it is a bachelor party I stopped going years and years ago and I'm only 38..almost 39.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd January 2009 at 01:44 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Sokkou brother easy killer I am on your side here. First off I said in the eyes of society. Also, I didn't say they wouldn't enjoy a compliment I said they wouldn't care meaning one way or another. I believe in a gentlemen club environment that whether or not you get compliments from the dancers you are paying so it is not like they are going to ignore you when you have the money. On to your other point about *old man scents* that we love. As far as me personally I am not that into these so called *old man scents* other than Obsession for Men which I don't even know if that falls into the category of old man scent but I could see where it would. Furthermore, if you go back and read some of my old post in this very thread I challenged the people who say these so called *manly man* or *real man* scents work just as well with women as the fresher/sweeter scents and you notice no one stepped up to make a case for their *real man scents.*

For the very, very first time EVER, I got an unsolicited comment about ... wait for it ... L'air du Desert Marocain! Blew me away.

Next day? CK One! Two in two days ... wow, 2009's shaping up quite nicely in the frag department.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Sorry..but so you were wearing GIT?

As far as strippers. The older you get you more you realize..and this will help you younger bucks..."It's transactional." Just keep saying that. She doesn't like you. She doesn't think you are different from the other guys there. She doesn't think you act any different than others. She will probably go home with some older, rich guy who can supply drugs, etc. So overall, know that you are giving up cash for dances with a naked woman. It's a transaction. Unless it is a bachelor party I stopped going years and years ago and I'm only 38..almost 39.
    Sorry when i made that post last night i had a few beers in me, yes last night I was wearing my sample of GIT at the bar =)

I also was not use to the attention just from a scent, I never got that before ever! heck the same thing could have happened if i was wearing MR or Burberry touch or anything else I might have just picked out who knows beats me..but last night was a very interesting night.

and you are right about strippers...better to save my money and use it for perfume then to give it to them anyway

Burberry Brit. But yet again I only have 4 scents in my collection:

Cool Water
    Perry Ellis Reserve
    Burberry Brit
    Diesel Fuel For Life

A male friend thought I smelt nice today, but he thought it was that chai spice tea I always drink. I didn't have it that morning. It was actually CDG Sequoia.