Code of Conduct
Page 172 of 240 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 7184

Lynx/Axe Dark Temptation.

Seriously. Its in my gym bag and its without doubt the most commented on.

Kind of proves that the majority have very unrefined tastes. Or that the fat girl inside the women in the gym are craving chocolate.

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

It's time for me to give back to the community.

I have had many good reactions to Le Male. Women of all ages love this. I recieved compliments from 20 year old women and 50 year old women. The best reactions come during the dry down when the rich creamy vanilla shines. The reformulated version lacks the deep vanilla, so try finding something that was made prior to summer 2012.

Tobacco Vanille is loved by all women I know. I recieve more compliments wearing Tobacco Vanille than any other fragrance. Every time I wear this at least 2 women will tell me how good I smell. Women flirt with me when I wear TV.

I have recieved many good reaction when wearing Aventus. I do not get as many compliments as when I wear a vanilla gourmand, but it is a pleasant scent and women enjoy smelling it.

Acqua Di Gio is another good compliment getter. I get more compliments from Acqua Di Gio than from Aventus. There are women out there who love AdG. It does not matter that many guys wear this, the women who love AdG don't care if you smell like many other men, they love the scent.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

I never believed the aventus stories until i experienced it. I had got a split from BN itself and when i wore it, the girl whom i met couldnt stop sniffing me. everytime we meet, she asks me to wear aventus and come

My new "masculine" Bois d'Orage and Pure Oud haven't gotten any compliments yet, but I've worn my new "feminine" Noir de Noir (black rose) about 5 times and gotten compliments from strangers 4 times.

Why do I even try?

Quote Originally Posted by sharathms View Post
    I never believed the aventus stories until i experienced it. I had got a split from BN itself and when i wore it, the girl whom i met couldnt stop sniffing me. everytime we meet, she asks me to wear aventus and come
    Wow!...
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by peake1 View Post
    Dear wife who "never" compliments any of my pricier frags complimented me wearing Mont Blanc Individuel twice today!
    Hope that occurs to me too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    +1 for La Nuit
    But we were in bed, so not sure if that counts...
    anyway you've been successfull!!!

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTB79 View Post
    Lynx/Axe Dark Temptation.

Seriously. Its in my gym bag and its without doubt the most commented on.

Kind of proves that the majority have very unrefined tastes.
    Not necessarily. I've seen a few people here on basenotes that I really respect comment on that one smelling good. Just because it's a cheapie doesn't mean it smells bad. (AXE is cheap, right? I have no idea, having never worn or even seen the stuff)
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Aventus without a doubt garners the most compliments and comments, from both men and women. Others that have gotten multiple compliments are CC 1872, Amber Oud and Straight to Heaven from the Kilian line.

Dependent L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mortl View Post
    MC6576: Varvatos cologne is great I feel like it is very underappreciated and doesnt get the recognition it deserves... You should definately check out Varvatos Vintage.. Probably my fav between the two I need to check out Artisan still

- - - Updated - - -

Hanae Mori !!! Went to a house party last night and this girl was comparing My friends cologne to my cologne and she said my friend smelled like clean laundry and said i smelled like sex lol she couldnt stop sniffing me - HM GO BUY IT
    +1 on both of those. I've gotten compliments on Varvatos original, which really is an underrated masculine scent. And Hanae Mori is, at least for me, a can't-go-wrong date scent. Women seem to love the stuff, and best of all, the EdT can be had pretty cheaply online.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Got a compliment at an LA Museum by a lady. I was wearing vintage DHI. Told her it was "Christian Dior Vintage" though to confuse her. Don't want too many other people wearing this stuff.

Default Re: What's your go-to ladykiller fragrance?

You really made my day. I can't stop laughing.

I was visiting relatives when someone entering the room bellowed, "Alright, whose baking the cake!" By that time I had entered the kitchen and knew he must've picked up my sillage. I didn't know how to take it when folks laughed so I kept my trap shut. However, I knew it was me. Dulcis In Fundo. Later that night, a young woman complimented me directly at dinner. It's sweet but I think it's a lady killer late at night.
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Royal Mayfair, Roja Dove Enigma, Xerjoff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I like most Polo Blue because it generates lots of compliments and I feel comfort with it though many people recommend Lauder Pleasures and Boss Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Got a compliment at an LA Museum by a lady. I was wearing vintage DHI. Told her it was "Christian Dior Vintage" though to confuse her. Don't want too many other people wearing this stuff.

I gotta try this, but I'll keep a low profile too
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Chalk up two more for Aventus and Green Irish Tweed. Bought a bottle of Aventus two or three days ago, first time I wore it to work was yesterday. While sitting in the office, where my boss had just sprayed some aerosol deodorant/disinfectant after cleaning, a coworker came in and commented on the whole room smelling great. My boss started to talk about how she had just cleaned up, but my coworker clarified:

"Oh no, I didn't mean the aerosol deodorant, I meant arindam43. I love it when he walks into a room, he makes the whole room smell great!"

This is after a month of wearing GIT fairly frequently and Aventus for just a day. I've had multiple "somebody around here smells fantastic, who is it?" moments at work with GIT as well.

On a previous occasion where I applied a sample of Aventus - a social work gathering at a bowling alley - I also had my boss come within 6 inches of me, pull my shirt, sniff it from about 1 cm away, and tell me I smell great with her husband standing about one foot away from her. Any scent that can have that kind of an effect is worth its weight in gold for me.

I personally love these two scents as well, so they completely deserve their spots at the top of the compliments tally, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sharathms View Post
    I would never deny Aventus draws compliments because I've been thru that experience, but really??

Got a sample of Musc ravageur and ask the opinion of couple of girls here in the bank, and they almost puke...very disgusting ...
    Last edited by greek3301; 26th February 2013 at 11:38 AM.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/325...tian-Dior-quot
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

The following 3:

TdH Pure Parfum (especially the slightly minty note)
    Creed OC / PWC
    Creed Original Vetiver

OMG.......laughing so much !!!
    It's a small world, basenotes !
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    OMG.......laughing so much !!!
    It's a small world, basenotes !
    I was just joking here, based on the other thread. Thought people would get a good laugh. I'm not the guy.

Rochas Man
    Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I was just joking here, based on the other thread. Thought people would get a good laugh. I'm not the guy.
    I was amused and lol'ed.

One of the better pranks.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

......good, that means my 2 hunches could be right after all !
    Please explain to the lady who posted that you were only joking, otherwise she may buy DHI blind and be disappointed....!
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

Banned
    Blog Entries

three hot college girls walked by me and they all said how great i smelled.

i was wearing secretions magnifiques.

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme works for me alot of the time

I was wearing Aventus, and I smelled so good, that three guys followed me into a dark alley, beat the crap out of me, and took my wallet. Hot.

How many sprays are you guys using of Aventus?

3 sprays and im good.

I was surprised when an elderly lady asked me which cologne I was wearing? She said said that you smell great and she has never smelled anything better....it was CdG 2 EDP. I'd applied only 2 sprays on my neck...
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Page 172 of 240 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 222 ... LastLast