Bijan for Men
Van Cleef and Arpels pour homme
Lolita Lempicka au Masculin (older version)
Bleu de Chanel edp
Armani Code Profumo
CK One Shock
Nautica Voyage (metal cap version)
Kenzo pour homme
manatee: Hillarious! I couldn't stop laughing upon reading the last paragraph of your compliment "story", thank you!
+1 La Nuit
My date told over the text that she met someone who smells as good as me. I take that as a compliment, lol
Think for me it has been Rochas Man/MJ Legend, Versace Por homme, Unforgivable, and HM
The most recent is Chanel Coromandel
I just might have gotten the best compliment ever yesterday. I was shopping and heard someone mumble "MMmmmmmm" behind me. I turned around and saw a woman who instantly started blushing wildly. I guess she didn't expect me to hear her. I said hello, and she kind of stuttered as she told me I smelled good & then hurried away, which was a shame since she was cute. Ah well.
I don't know why I don't wear Fahrenheit more often. I should.
Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
Hanae Mori HM EDT
Terre d'Hermes Parfum
Tom Ford Extreme
Guys - Aventus. Seriously, this stuff is magic. Aventus (the good batch - not the stuff I bought from Fragrancenet which I ended up returning/shipping back recently).
I'm on a plane heading back from Puerto Vallarta. It's 9:00 PM (applied 3 sprays earlier in the day - around 3:00 PM before heading to the airport). My flight attendant comes up to me and asks - 'I have to ask you what that is...it smells amazing...so fresh and beautiful'.
Aventus is amazing stuff...
Applied approximately 3/4 of a spray of Slumberhouse's Jeke to my chest at around 8 AM yesterday, and my girlfriend complimented it 14 (!) hours later... it was a long day at work.
Right now the one that gets me to most compliments is Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
Been dating a new girl for about 2-3 weeks now, I've worn DHI, :usc Ravageur and by killian A taste of Heaven, but the first ever complinent I got from her was today, I placed my arm around her while we were walking and she says "mmm oh you smell good!"
the culprit: AVENTUS
I'm still not the biggest fan, but people obviously love it.
Current Top 5:
2. Byredo Bal d'Afrique
4. Ambre Nuit
5. Portrait of A Lady
5t. Xerjoff Uden
In no particular order, and these are all over approximately a 2 year period...I used to get many more compliments when I was younger (22-28 years old..I'm now 34) and more attractive, so I think a lot of the time it has to do with how attracted they are to you and how approachable you are...
1. Gucci Envy - Almost every time I wear this, someone will give me a compliment. Every time I would go to the bank, this young teller would tell me how amazing I smell..she was so hot, shame I was too cool to ever do anything about it, and just enjoyed the ego boost...idiot
Now having said that, I usually wear this when I'm already in a good mood and going out, so there's a higher chance I'll be smiling which I guess makes me more approachable and easier to compliment
2. Realities by Liz Clairborne - I'm being serious, this one is so cheap but the 2 times I've worn it I've received compliments from people I work with who never have anything nice to say about the much more expensive ones I wear
3. Pure Malt - Wore it once, but it was my mum, so it doesn't count, does it? lol
4. DHI - Wore it once and both my mum and sister in law said I smelled nice, which I guess shouldn't count but I'm always wearing something different and they don't say anything
5. Altamir by Ted Lapidus - Girl that works in a fragrance shop actually complimented me, told me it was her favourite on her bf and a female trainer at my gym
6. Silver Shadow by Davidoff - Lady at the petrol station when I was paying told me how good I smell, this one has been pretty safe over the years even if I'm sick of it
7. Sexual by Michel Germain - People in the office , in fact one of the guys went and bought the bottle the same day
8. Roma Uomo by Laura Biagotti, my friend went crazy over it, when I told her I sold it on eBay she said "give that guy who bought it my number".....weird
9. YSL La Nuit & D&G The One have been constant compliment getters from friends over the years ....as has
Oh and just remembered, Burberry Summer got me a really slutty compliment from a female trainer at a boot camp I was doing a month ago
My top 30
1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
2. Aventus /Cedrat Boise
3. Costarela / MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
4. Dior Homme Intense / D&G The One EDP
5. Dior Homme Cologne / TFK Arab Spring
6. Athalia / Chez Bond
7. Antidote / Pegasus
8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
9. Santal Majuscule / Layton
10. Code Ultimate / M7
11. Chanel Allure Homme Sport / Hamptons
12. ADG / Neroli Boheme
13. Sauvage / Chanel Edition Blanche
14. Lira / Diadema
15. Montale Honey Aoud / Reflection Man
it,s strange in last time i get a lot of compliments on chanel allure sport extreme im using it us signature scent even in cold weather.
l'air du desert marocan worked its magic for me again over the long weekend. i think this poor young thing told me i smelled good 5 or 6 times, even the next morning.
he wood silver wind wood gets me a lot of compliments but only during/after the dry down.
the strippers in vegas like the smell of a*men.
l'air is still the clear cut front runner for me, by a few body lengths. it just seems to work for me no matter the situation. ive tried and tried with aventus but its got to the point now where i dont want to wear it because i think it sabotages my confidence. might sell the practically full bottle and spend the money on a backup of l'air.
Got one on Amouage Epic Man earlier today. Whilst hugging my date she said "your Parfum or aftershave is really good. What is it?"
Hi I'm new to this forum and this is my first post here.
I had been wearing L'eau d'issey pour homme for 5 years, then I switched to Wood edition of L'eau d'issey pour homme which I think smells a little different. Within these years I tried Terre Hermes, Pure Malt, and Versace Fraiche that I never received compliments as I would receive from L'eau d'issey. Have been following this thread for some time now and considering the top reviews for creed products, decided to give them a shot, so I ordered GIT and Aventus. Kind of excited how I would like them. Any suggestions from long time issey miyake users here?
Got a nice compliment on Ferragamo F Black this morning from a co-worker.
A girl behind me on the train was telling her friend someone smells good, and the friend readily agreed.. I'm just assuming it was me because of our proximity and I couldn't smell anyone else..
L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme
Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille
got compliment yesterday in the cafe i use to go to read the local newspaper. the waitress told me i smell good
guess PE still has it
I have to join the fray here. My law office is pretty conservative so it isn't like many people walk up with compliments regarding scents. But last night we had a going away happy hour for a colleague. First I had a female sit next to me and tell me I smelled really good. The guy across the table said he noticed it smelled good around them. Then an hour later as I hugged the colleague who was leaving goodbye she smiled and said I smelled really good and just noticed when we hugged.
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
A waitress like my Addict by Dior today.
I got told I smelt like green tea and soap today while wearing Prelude to Love. From that moment on, I couldn't un-smell the green tea and soap.
I suppose it was a compliment. I took it as one anyway, and it didn't put me off the fragrance at all.
I'm surprised to have received a couple compliments on Carner - Cuirs. I live in a pretty conservative little town, most people don't wear anything and I've only known friends to have one or two bottles they only use for special occasions. I also tend to spray conservatively, Cuirs must project pretty well. This is surprising, since I think of it as only a polite version of Black Afgano.
Well, Black Afgano projects like a moahta and Cuirs is pretty close, no wonder.
hmmm unexpected but got a compliment from a close friend who knows I wear a lot of different colognes.
today: Platinum Egoist. And that was like 6 hours into the day. Last scent she complimented on was DHI. She has good nose!
It's fairly 'un-British' to pass comment on the way someone else smells so I don't get many compliments but, unusually, the other day I got one from a girl I work with in her early twenties. Believe it or not, I was wearing Quorum!
Smelling good on a budget!
+1 Versace Dreamer
When are we going to get another tally?