Code of Conduct
Page 184 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 7033

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Got a positive compliment with Chanel Egoisté couple of days ago

ive gotten compliments as of lately with

royal oud
    aventus
    new haarlem
    vetiver tonka
    noir de noir

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    Absolutely nothing. I only said what I said, because saying Aventus gets compliments is quite boring in this thread. Everyone says that. But it's true. My most complimented fragrance.
    Absolutely Aventus is also my most complimented fragrance too.

Closely followed by DHI and Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Thanks anewtypedude! Super cool of you to take the time and tally these all up!!!

GIT from a co-worker today. We met for lunch, she hugged me pulled away then came back in and said "wow you smell yummy"..

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

I wanna know where everybody's working that female co workers are hugging all over em.

New thread coming up. What job gets you the most female hugs

The most recent compliment that I got from a random female was on YSL L Homme, she really raved about it and said that it smelt lovely and I don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post
    I wanna know where everybody's working that female co workers are hugging all over em.

Cool point . I'm wondering too.

Quote Originally Posted by vbrown View Post

Pen and notepad at the ready for this new thread ....
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Bond No.9 Scent of Peace for Him. First day I wore it, was in a restaurant and the hostess who was seating me said 'you smell terrific - what is that?'. Nice fragrance....smells a bit like Aventus with less depth (ie. no smoke, less musky)

Yes thank you!!!

Recently my cousin's wife complimented me on Burrbery London and Lanvin Avant Garde which has been getting a lot of praise lately on this forum.

Basenotes Plus

First compliment from my sister, who I've known for 45 years! She said "you smell nice, what's that one?" 36 degrees and Amber Absolute smells really good!
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

Dependent

I haven't ever worn Fahrenheit much in to the office, but wore it yesterday and had 2 back-to-back 20-somethings make mention of how nice it smelled and asked what it was. They both stared blankly when I told them it was Fahrenheit - they obviously had never heard of it.

In any event, it seems to be well-received even by the young ones, so I'll make a point to wear it in to work a little more often.

I'm a female and I'm just popping in to say I love it when I smell A*Men (and all the A*Men flankers), Givenchy Pi, Terre d'Hermes, Traversee du Bosphore (I spritz this on my male buddies to make myself "happier" around them). Dior Homme (mmm)

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Very good work, anewtypedude. I always love statistical data. Like the idea of using a rate instead of absolute numbers, good thinking.

Of course, this data is from self-reporting guys, which leaves room for built-in biases.

It'd be fascinating to see the flip side of this data: what the ladies remember complimenting. I'd bet that there's be a few surprising differences.
    I absolutely agree with YSL nuit...drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by WAKASHIZUMA View Post
    Cool point . I'm wondering too.
    I work in sales.. It's a loose office and we are all a big family who is spread out over different locations and territory's.. This particular co worker was someone who I hired as an assistant, trained and mentored.. She use to make fun of my fixation with scents, suits, hair pomade, striped socks and allen edmonds shoes.. Apparently some distance makes her appreciate it haha......

Quote Originally Posted by BarRoomHeroes View Post
    I work in sales.. It's a loose office and we are all a big family who is spread out over different locations and territory's.. This particular co worker was someone who I hired as an assistant, trained and mentored.. She use to make fun of my fixation with scents, suits, hair pomade, striped socks and allen edmonds shoes.. Apparently some distance makes her appreciate it haha......
    Where is she now ......did you by chance fire her ?
    Chic is all about humor. Which means chic is about intelligence. And there has to be oddness-- most luxury is conformist, and chic cannot be. Chic must be polite and not incommode others, but within that it can be as weird as it wants.” - LT

Thumbs up Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    hanae mori is the scent i get the most male and female compliments.
    dito!

Of recent memory, surprisingly cheap Swiss Army Classic and Kenneth Cole Reaction from the younger ones and the 40+ ones love Dior Homme Intense. Apparently many like the foody gourmands

Many compliments wearing Valentino V pour Homme!

Got a rare compliment this morning wearing Cedre Olympe by Armani Prive. A female stranger in an elevator said I smelled good. As compliments for me are so fleeting. I'll take anyone I get!

(3828)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

Once, a female co-worker enthusiastically told me I smelled really good. Another gave me an indirect compliment by saying "someone smells nice today" when I entered the room. And just a week ago, my father asked me what I was wearing. He said it smells really good. He knows I own a lot of bottles, but only Pure Havane got his attention. Now I'm thinking of buying him a bottle.

During the dinner after a funeral, a female acquaintance sidled up to me and whispered that I smelled "luscious ." Pure Malt hit the mark again!
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Xeroff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI

It's very rare I receive compliments (outside of my girlfriend), but I got one today - Dior Homme Intense.

Got compliments from different female coworkers for: Aventus, virgin Island Water, Gucci pour home II, tobacco vanile, and Frapin L' Humaniste.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

L'eau d'issey smells like lemon scented house cleaner..

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female compliments?

You know, i really WISH i could pull off aventus... By fruit/floral/fresh scents just don't work on me being a smoker. They fight with each other and the smoke completely overpowers and ruins it. I need darker or heavier scents.

That being said, complimented a LOT on Tobacco Vanille. First scent that's ever sparked a compliment from a random person and it happened multiple times. One girl told me she wanted to eat me (a complete stranger).

On first application of Tuscan Leather, my room mates complimented me (One male, one female and the girlfriend of the male).

Apparently TF scents work

This must be my lucky month. Got two compliments from two different clients from the two scents I wore today as my SOTD & SOTE - Lavande Ombree, & Private Line 7.

(4057)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This must be my lucky month. Got two compliments from two different clients from the two scents I wore today as my SOTD & SOTE - Lavande Ombree, & Private Line 7.

(4057)
    Wow... nice job
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Page 184 of 235 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 234 ... LastLast