Code of Conduct
Page 187 of 299 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 8941
  1. #5581

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    HAHAHAHA best comment ever on the board of this forum . No other words needed its been perfectly said right there . but hey attack me because im the newbie lmfao.
    I tend to agree with that sentiment too. I had a few girls blind sniffed my samples, and none of them picked out Aventus as their favorites.
    I wear fragrance to smell good to everyone, not just myself

  2. #5582

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Erie Pennsylvania
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    i own aventus , i like it , i dont go bragging about it like a little kid , and G Man nailed it , i was sharing my opinion with his quoted comment , but it seems that people here are judged on post count and dont want to accept the reality .
    You may not brag about it like a little kid, but your reply's are very juvenile. The title of this thread is what scent gets you the most female compliments. Many people here find that Aventus is their number one compliment getter. Sorry you have a hard time accepting reality.

  3. #5583

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    yes lets stick with posting compliments rather than soapbox hatred of fragrances. there are plenty of threads for that! lol

    on topic i got a compliment on creed erolfa!

  4. #5584

    Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

    Eternity Cologne by my better half and Bvlgari Black from many ladies.

  5. #5585
    Super Member Ghosst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Givenchy pi in the cold months and Creed Aventus for the rest of the year. In the fall I do wear Creed Original Santal
    Last edited by lpp; 9th March 2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: sample request

  6. #5586
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,623

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    @ Ghosst - Discussing swaps/sales is not permitted in the discussion threads as it is regarded as Trading.
    Your post has been edited.
    Last edited by lpp; 9th March 2014 at 09:40 PM.

  7. #5587

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    --Aventus (sorry to all of it's detractors but I get a lot of compliments on this one. If you don't like it, no problem, don't wear it…but it has gotten a lot of love when I wear it.)
    --Curve (the original, go figure)
    --L'Homme La Nuit

  8. #5588
    Super Member Ghosst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Ipp, when did I mention anything about swaps/sales?

  9. #5589
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,623

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Asking for samples in discussion threads is against the rules here, Ghosst.

  10. #5590
    Super Member Ghosst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    381

    Default Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Oh, that part, it was part of a signature that I previously had for Tapatalk. My bad I will change that now

  11. #5591
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,623

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Many thanks, Ghosst

  12. #5592
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,019
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    --Curve (the original, go figure)
    What IS the deal with that stuff?! It's one of my most complimented scents. If I let someone sniff through my collection, their favorites always end up being things like Royal Oud, Interlude Man or Gucci Pour Homme I & II. Those are handsome bottles, for sure. But if I spray paper instead of handing them bottles so they won't know what they're smelling and can only judge based on what they smell, Curve is always one of the favorites. It cracks me up every time!!!
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Fahrenheit
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Bergamote Soleil

  13. #5593

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    I don't exactly think a female complimenting my fragrance would be a good thing. I'd rather not have anyone comment on how I smell unless I smell bad, then I'd need to know. Lol

  14. #5594
    Super Member Ghosst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I don't exactly think a female complimenting my fragrance would be a good thing. I'd rather not have anyone comment on how I smell unless I smell bad, then I'd need to know. Lol
    True, and a good point as well. I would rather have a subtle scent, but as a teenager, I would have to state that getting the girls through fragrances is just another Channel of picking them up and getting numbers and all the rest of it

  15. #5595
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    21,759
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    True, and a good point as well. I would rather have a subtle scent, but as a teenager, I would have to state that getting the girls through fragrances is just another Channel of picking them up and getting numbers and all the rest of it
    Kind of hard to believe that my fragrance back when I was thinking exactly that way (meeting lots of girls) was Givenchy Gentleman. I think that stuff would scare away most high-school girls today - especially wearing it at the levels I did back then - but that was back in the days of Big Patchouli, which was even before the Big Hair '80's!
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Guerlain Homme by Guerlain

  16. #5596
    Dependent
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,124

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    What IS the deal with that stuff?! It's one of my most complimented scents. If I let someone sniff through my collection, their favorites always end up being things like Royal Oud, Interlude Man or Gucci Pour Homme I & II. Those are handsome bottles, for sure. But if I spray paper instead of handing them bottles so they won't know what they're smelling and can only judge based on what they smell, Curve is always one of the favorites. It cracks me up every time!!!
    Yeah, don't get this either. I think women's noses must work a little like dogs' sense of hearing - they pick up things men aren't capable of perceiving. I've smelled Curve a few times as a test, and never seemed to "get it'. This post caused me to run down the street to Ross over lunch and buy a 1oz bottle for $12.99 to just see, what IS the fuss that I keep hearing about.

    Sprayed some on as soon as I hit the car again, been about 30 mins. And nope... still don't get it I'll give it the girlfriend test this weekend and see what happens.

  17. #5597
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,019
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    My guess is that, for Curve, it's all about the musk, which is subtle but essential. It's a middle-musk (for lack of a better term). It isn't skanky or dirty, but it isn't a white musk either. It's somewhere in the middle. I once had a female friend blush over Curve. We've been friends for years and there's nothing romantic going on. One day, she was looking at me strangely. I asked if something was wrong and she said "You smell good. Like, REALLY good." And I thought "Curve? Really?" I've gotten tons of compliments on it through the years, so it shouldn't surprise me when it happens... but it always does.

    When you wear it around your girlfriend the first time, make sure you get her opinion before you tell her what it is. I once had a friend roll her eyes at the bottle, but when I started bringing out sprayed papers to get her opinion on a few expensive things I was thinking about buying (grin) she picked the one I'd sprayed with Curve as her favorite. And then she rolled her eyes again when I told her what it was! Her reaction to the name (but not the scent!) is the closest thing to a negative reaction I ever got with Curve.

    It's a shame there isn't a reverse version of this thread, where women pick the scents they want men to wear.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Fahrenheit
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Bergamote Soleil

  18. #5598

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    My guess is that, for Curve, it's all about the musk, which is subtle but essential. It's a middle-musk (for lack of a better term). It isn't skanky or dirty, but it isn't a white musk either. It's somewhere in the middle. I once had a female friend blush over Curve. We've been friends for years and there's nothing romantic going on. One day, she was looking at me strangely. I asked if something was wrong and she said "You smell good. Like, REALLY good." And I thought "Curve? Really?" I've gotten tons of compliments on it through the years, so it shouldn't surprise me when it happens... but it always does.

    When you wear it around your girlfriend the first time, make sure you get her opinion before you tell her what it is. I once had a friend roll her eyes at the bottle, but when I started bringing out sprayed papers to get her opinion on a few expensive things I was thinking about buying (grin) she picked the one I'd sprayed with Curve as her favorite. And then she rolled her eyes again when I told her what it was! Her reaction to the name (but not the scent!) is the closest thing to a negative reaction I ever got with Curve.

    It's a shame there isn't a reverse version of this thread, where women pick the scents they want men to wear.
    I guess I'll have to try curve too, then. Thanks for the post man, great story about the "few expensive things" lol!

  19. #5599

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Got three compliments (2 customers and a co worker) on the one and only Aventus.. I'll admit, I blind purchased it with only sampling it at the counter. Is it nice? It is.. Is it the holy grail? Nah.. In fact, I get more compliments from AHS, TDH and even Burberry Britt.. I do like Aventus but doubt I'll ever spend $200 on it again .

  20. #5600
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Why would you spend 200 dollars on a fragrance because other people compliment you on it, buy it because you enjoy the smell...

    My experience with aventus is it gets more compliments from men curious to no what it is than it does woman. I think youll find woman prefer original santal. Aventus is one of those fragrances that men wear for themselves.

  21. #5601

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Why would you spend 200 dollars on a fragrance because other people compliment you on it, buy it because you enjoy the smell....
    True but its also a added plus when the scent you wear is liked by others, remember just because you enjoy the scent someone else may think it stinks. No one I know buys this stuff to smell bad wether they spend 10.00 or 300.00 its all subjective.

  22. #5602

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Well this is interesting. In my high school career I've only had one girl compliment me on the fragrance I was wearing which was Versace pour homme. Just a basic aquatic scent. This is the only instance. However I've had females come uncomfortably close to me while talking they trying to get a whiff of the juice I'm wearing. However at the end of the day I wear cologne so I smell good... I smell good I feel good. Attracting the ladies is just a bonus.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  23. #5603
    Super Member Ghosst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    Well this is interesting. In my high school career I've only had one girl compliment me on the fragrance I was wearing which was Versace pour homme. Just a basic aquatic scent. This is the only instance. However I've had females come uncomfortably close to me while talking they trying to get a whiff of the juice I'm wearing. However at the end of the day I wear cologne so I smell good... I smell good I feel good. Attracting the ladies is just a bonus.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    This guy definitely gets it in haha. Well at the High School Level Givenchy Pi works, and I'm sure if you have any A&F Fierce it will work too

  24. #5604

    Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    This guy definitely gets it in haha. Well at the High School Level Givenchy Pi works, and I'm sure if you have any A&F Fierce it will work too
    No I can confirm no compliments on fierce... Maybe it's because I layer it with Cuba gold lol


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  25. #5605
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,355

    Default Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

    First of all, I'm not an Aventus slut....I own it and wear it occasionally but today I got 5 compliments from 5 separate nurses....now mind you, they were "hefty girls" but they all asked me what I was wearing....I've worn Aventus here and there and received a compliment every now and then but not like today....I sprayed 4-5 blasts this time and I think it helped with projection but by far this fragrance is the only one I have worn out of my collection that has ever got 5 compliments in one day...

    Any others you guys have worn that did the same things?
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  26. #5606
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,623

    Default Re: Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

    We already have a thread for this
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

    So, we'll merge them.

  27. #5607
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,355

    Default Re: Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    We already have a thread for this
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

    So, we'll merge them.
    Great....
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  28. #5608
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,019
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    First of all, I'm not an Aventus slut....I own it and wear it occasionally but today I got 5 compliments from 5 separate nurses....now mind you, they were "hefty girls" but they all asked me what I was wearing....I've worn Aventus here and there and received a compliment every now and then but not like today....I sprayed 4-5 blasts this time and I think it helped with projection but by far this fragrance is the only one I have worn out of my collection that has ever got 5 compliments in one day...

    Any others you guys have worn that did the same things?
    Is that from a Creed bottle? 4 or 5 sprays from a Creed sprayer is like 8 to 15 from most other sprayers. Creed sprayers are crazy strong and put out a ton of juice. So, yeah, if you wear 8 to 15 sprays of something, you're going to get noticed.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Fahrenheit
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Bergamote Soleil

  29. #5609
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,355

    Default Re: Aventus: Possibly the best compliment getter, I have seen

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Is that from a Creed bottle? 4 or 5 sprays from a Creed sprayer is like 8 to 15 from most other sprayers. Creed sprayers are crazy strong and put out a ton of juice. So, yeah, if you wear 8 to 15 sprays of something, you're going to get noticed.
    Really??? To me, It's more of a mist than a spray though....5 mists to me is equivalent to perhaps 3 spray blasts from Sycomore.....it's relatively weak as a sprayer to me....
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

    Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  30. #5610
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    My avatar is not a self portrait, just in case you were wondering.
    Posts
    13,019
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Spray a sheet of paper and see how wet it gets. Creed sprayers put out a ton of juice. I only wear 2 sprays from a Creed, yet my Creed bottles are emptying faster than scents I wear more sprays of and wear more often. It's nuts.
    Current Favorites (not in any particular order)
    Rose 31
    Endymion
    Fahrenheit
    Castile
    APOM
    Curve
    Lumiere Noire
    Aqua Celestia
    Royal Water
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Dior Homme
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Reflection Man
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Hanae Mori HM EDT
    Bergamote Soleil

Page 187 of 299 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 8th April 2016, 05:47 PM
  2. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 15th August 2015, 11:22 PM
  3. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 05:18 AM
  4. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000