Code of Conduct
Page 22 of 103 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,320 of 6138

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

You'll be fine with the Rive Gauche, I'm 21 and when I wore it this past winter I received nothing but compliments. Probably not going to make any girls cling to you but I find it gives you an aura of importance and maturity.

I have not added to this thread in a while...

but other day I was wearing Straight to Heaven and got a few compliments

and today I layered Bond Bleecker and Riverside together and was in Duane reade and asked for help and the girl while showing me said btw you smell really really good btw...emphasis on really good LOL

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    I have not added to this thread in a while...

but other day I was wearing Straight to Heaven and got a few compliments

and today I layered Bond Bleecker and Riverside together and was in Duane reade and asked for help and the girl while showing me said btw you smell really really good btw...emphasis on really good LOL
    yes...bleecker street and riverside drive is a very good blend...did that before myself and enjoyed it thoroughly.....and was enjoyed by others as well
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Thumbs up Re: Nasty sexy perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    The last man who wore Bel Ami (Hermes) in my personal space got the full treatment. From me.

Ok. I wear that a lot.

I must say first of all a big thank you to the posters on this thread. I have bought several fragrances based on recommendations from here and they have all been great.

Compliments wise I'd have to recommend Body Kouros by YSL, Hugo by Hugo Boss and Encre Noir by Lalique.

A few weeks ago I was walking down an alleyway that lead to my local train station and on the way I walked past a man and a woman going the opposite way. There was a long pause and I heard someone shout but I ignored it, they shouted again and this time I turned round. The woman said I smelled amazing and wanted to know what fragrance it was - it was Body Kouros.

It was quite a weird experience as usually all I get is complements from friends/family/colleagues etc. But to have a stranger willing to shout and ask what I was wearing from 30 yards away was something else. It's probably fairly common to most of the posters on this thread but it was a new experience for me, haha!

Default Re: Nasty sexy perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I've never tried Zino, even though I did not it expect it to be mentioned
    Last Sunday, I have nice compliments from girls I date,
    once I step into her car, she said

wow.. u smell so nice..
    u smell exactly like you are, a doctor,
    its like hospital - antiseptic smell, but in a very sexy way

I never expected, Zino, to be complimented at all

I noticed YSL L'Homme is attracting alot of females & males as well !

YSL L'Homme to my nose smells like a fruit roll-up dipped into vanilla frosting lol

Hello everyone....This is my first post. Im knew to the Fragrance Hobby!

So far for me....I get the most compiments from what I call the "3 C's"

The 3 C's are...

1. Chrome
    2. Curve
    3. Cool Water

others that get me compliments are

1. Paris Hilton Men
    2. Perry Ellis 360 Red
    3. Polo purple label / Double black (use both)
    4. Canali
    5. Sean John Unforgivable

Also Aqu Di Gio....but why even mention it....its the number one seller on the planet for a reason!

I have tried Creed's GIT from N. Marcus......also I got serveral Bond #9 samples from Saks 5th ave....but for some reason, even though they are more expensive with hight quality ingredients...they don't get as many compliments as the ones I mentioned.

Its unlikely no matter how good you smell that a stranger is going to complement you.

The most complements I've gotten is from Creed MI. I had numerous girls and even couple guys I know tell me I smell awesome.The down side? The bottles half empty after 3-4 months, and I paid $250 retail.
    Last edited by Game; 14th May 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Game:

I feel your pain. I love certain Creed fragrances as well. However, as much as I love them, I really do not think they are worth retail. I would highly suggest checking out the Basenotes sales thread in the future. As a matter of fact, I just scored a 95% full bottle, not a tester, 100% authentic flask of Creed MI from a rather generous Basenoter for $105 USD to my door.

In the future, please explore other alternatives than paying retail.

Best,

TJ

Default Acqua Di Gio and compliments

I am curious about these so called compliments people claim they get from Acqua Di Gicrap. I wore Acqua Di Gicrap a couple times once and the only compliments I got was Acqua Di Gicrap I love that or my brother boyfriend ex whatever used to wear it. I have friends who swear by Acqua Di Gicrap but they only receive the same kinda comments Acqua Di Gio I love that but the comments never escalate more than that. Am I missing something here? Is anyone receiving compliments like you smell sexy or you smell good enough to eat wearing Acqua Di Gicrap or are the compliments of the nature I mentioned the basic that's Acqua Di Gicrap I know what that is it smells nice type of compliments.
    Last edited by tbp82; 14th May 2009 at 05:07 PM.

I don't know why you are calling it Acqua di Gicrap. Maybe you are jealous because you do not receive compliments?
    I get a lot of compliments when I wear Acqua di Gio, and I notice (from body language) that women move closer when they smell Acqua di Gio on me.

Acqua Di Gicrap is just kinda a nickname I gave it since I think it is a crappy scent. But thanks for answering my question that is what I was wondering because all I ever see people getting out of the scent is Acqua Di Gio I love that but nothing like a compliment towards the specific person just kinda a general compliment about the scent itself it that makes anysense. On the little jealous comment man I get complimented on all the time on everything from Le Male to Old Spice Signature to Versace The Dreamer to Gucci Pour Homme 2 to Versace Pour Homme to Hypnose the list goes on and on so jealousy has no part in it. Just that it seems to me the compliments I see people getting from Acqua Di Gio are just kinda basic.

First wearing of Antidote yesterday, got a compliment on it. I get compliments regularly on:
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Armani Code
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    Platinum Egoiste
    Allure Edition Blanche

Default Re: Acqua Di Gio and compliments

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I am curious about these so called compliments people claim they get from Acqua Di Gicrap. I wore Acqua Di Gicrap a couple times once and the only compliments I got was Acqua Di Gicrap I love that or my brother boyfriend ex whatever used to wear it. I have friends who swear by Acqua Di Gicrap but they only receive the same kinda comments Acqua Di Gio I love that but the comments never escalate more than that. Am I missing something here? Is anyone receiving compliments like you smell sexy or you smell good enough to eat wearing Acqua Di Gicrap or are the compliments of the nature I mentioned the basic that's Acqua Di Gicrap I know what that is it smells nice type of compliments.
    Acqua di Gio smells like sour cucumber to me. How is that sexy? It can only be a case of classical conditioning: hot babe smells acqua on rich yuppy guy repeatedly and learns to associate sour cucumber scent with rich yuppies. My suggestion: skip the acqua and carry sliced cucumber in your pocket. But don't blame me if you get attacked by hordes of hot babes.

Default Re: Nasty sexy perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by cpk View Post
    I think you will love the aouds. Stay off the ones with citruses. Aoud is what makes the drydown of M7. You can find Montale samples online.
    Hey,
    I just ordered some decants; including 2 Montales, Black and Royal Aoud.
    Thanks for the advice and I will report my findings.

Wink cologne that makes women melt?

I am wearing Valentino V for men right now. Are there any other's you would recommend that is great for the evening when taking out a female. I wan't a scent that will make her melt.

Default Re: cologne that makes women melt?

I totally get that. I prefer ice cream slightly melted. Messier though.

Axe.

I had a female friend go through 8 decanted samples today and give me her opinions. The one she loved....Fierce

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Jernizzle, you might want to take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum. And, be prepared for some rather sarcastic comments, since many people here feel this is a demeaning/simplistic question that takes away from the wonderful complexity of fragrance - and is a topic that has already been discussed to death.

Now, let the comments begin!
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

I didn't mean to be sarcastic. More teasing.

smegma by odeon
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Eau de H2SO4?
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    smegma by odeon

Quote Originally Posted by thaifighter View Post
    Eau de H2SO4?
    Hahaha, makes women melt

Nemo, Anteus, Allure Homme

Oh, how could I forget Paco Rabanne PH...
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 16th May 2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Evenstar

smegma by odeon
    I have heard good things about layering this with Cumming

Man, you are asking the single most important question in life. Hundreds of men have killed themselves for not finding the right answer and so had been rejected by women. Don't stop pursuing this scent, even if you surely won't find it. There are so many kinds of girls, ladies, madams, so on...
    Anyhow, the first step migh be David Beckham Pure Instinct. You'll find it everywhere, no need to search the globe for it. It's rather inexpensive, yet a nice scent.
    Last edited by Sandy; 16th May 2009 at 08:07 AM.

gasoline and a lighter I guarantee you they will "really" melt :-)

In a more serious note Allure has something beyond my understanding that women like. Go figure
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

From my experience:

-Allure pour Homme
    -Dunhill Edition
    -Michael Kors
    -Dunhill Desire (red)
    -Yves Rocher Hoggar
    -Burberry Brit
    -Body Kouros

So give them a try.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    gasoline and a lighter I guarantee you they will "really" melt :-)
    LOL. Gasoline can be replaced with Knize Ten.

smegma by odeon
    LMAO

Chloroform?

If you want to make 'em melt, spend your money on a voice coach. "Men fall in love with what they see, women fall in love with what they hear."

There are no magic potions that will do the job for you.
    Last edited by frug; 16th May 2009 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    Jernizzle, you might want to take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread....I mean there a zillion in the thread.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

25 sprays of Joop! pour Homme will probably damage most of her vital organs. Not sure if it will make her melt though.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Difficult to believe but the winners of my collection are 888 by comme des garçons and L'eau Bleue by Issey Miyake...
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

HOW BOUT CLASSIC LAGERFIELD?
    i was at the dentist and all the nurses came over to smell me--by the way,i went in for a cleaning on the teeth!!

hai karate
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Mandom.

If you want to make a woman melt, develop good conversation and listening skills, sound confident in what you say (that means no bullshitting), hone your sense of humor (and humility), be well groomed, clean, and be courteous. A cologne won't make a woman melt and it won't make a woman jump into bed with you, at most it adds a finishing touch.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    Jernizzle, you might want to take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
    I am of two minds on this. While it makes sense to look through the sticky thread to get an idea of what people think are the most liked frags by women, the thread is getting so big and has so many options and opinions that it is effectively useless.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Flame by Burger King. After all, what is more alluring than the smell of meat

In this respect, although it's not complex enough to be esoteric, Armani Code works like fire.

Quote Originally Posted by pLaTypu5 View Post
    In this respect, although it's not complex enough to be esoteric, Armani Code works like fire.
    No lie....I work at a mail sorting warhouse/type place....and I work with 99% women.....

Well one day I wore Armani Code just one spray on my neck.....and she followed me around like I was Jesus....she kept finding excuses to get up close N personal.....for example se kept showing me all this shit on her sell phone....like check this out...or check that out...as I can hear her sniffing my neck LoL....Woman go nuts over it......

Armani Code
    Diesel Fuel for Life
    Allure Homme
    Lancome Hypnose
    JPG Le Male
    Polo Double Black

In my experience, all these never fail to get a reaction out of a woman.

Burberry Touch
    A*Men
    Jaipur.

Default best cologne on the market

Hello,I will rephrase what I said. I wan't a cologne that is irresistable to any woman. It is not for sex purposes. I am a gentleman and am sorry if this offended anyone in this community.

Default Re: best cologne on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Jernizzle456 View Post
    Hello,I will rephrase what I said. I wan't a cologne that is irresistable to any woman. It is not for sex purposes. I am a gentleman and am sorry if this offended anyone in this community.
    I seriously doubt whether your thread offended anyone, after all, it was worded inoffensively. I think it was bound to attract the odd flippant response(including my previous one)

A serious answer to your question would be that it has often been the fragrances that have suited me best that have had the most positive response. Dunhill Edition, Hermes Equipage and Cartier Pasha seem to work well with my body chemistry.

Still, I haven't actually tried Flame yet

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Mandom.

If you want to make a woman melt, develop good conversation and listening skills, sound confident in what you say (that means no bullshitting), hone your sense of humor (and humility), be well groomed, clean, and be courteous. A cologne won't make a woman melt and it won't make a woman jump into bed with you, at most it adds a finishing touch.
    Now that's the player of the year quote !!!! Now that's how you do it.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jernizzle456 View Post
    Such a cologne does not exist. Because women have individual tastes, different things will appeal to different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Such a cologne does not exist. Because women have individual tastes, different things will appeal to different ones.
    Hey....don't spoil it for him.........let him discover that on his own.....after he has wasted several years blowing thousands of dollars on fragrances (that he reads on Basenotes and elsewhere) thinking that every new fragrance that he buys would do the trick (a fragrance that would make a woman "melt")
    Last edited by Mindbrain; 17th May 2009 at 09:04 PM.

Talking Looking for a irresistable cologne that women Love!

Hello,I am looking for a type of cologne that is irresistable to women and is very unique. I wan't cologne that not every man on the man on planet is wearing like gorgio armani colognes. For instance Aqua di gio,mania,code. You get the point. Please tell me a cologne that irresistable to women,but not every man wear's it.

Default Re: Looking for a irresistable cologne that women Love!

Hi and welcome Jernizzle. Check out the sticky topic on this subject here: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=212334

I agree, read through that thread friend.

My opinion? Allure Homme Sport
    Last edited by Sokkou; 18th May 2009 at 01:13 AM.

Id say sean john unforgivable/or Millésime Impérial by creed.....they are allmost Identical

also Perry ellis 360 red...its similar to aqua di gio but way better...its lasts longer without the sour dry down...and the best part is everyone in the world doesn't own it....yet! Also the best fruity cologone Ive tried so far is paris hilton for men.....the origianl blue bottle....woman love it....I actualy just ordered the perry ellis 360 red and paris hilton for men and im getting it on monday Im excited.

I got 3.4 oz of PH for 25 bux...and paris P ellis 360 red 3.4 oz for 30 bux...pretty good deals for the big bottles.

Opening multiple threads asking the same question wont make you very popular with the moderators.

Smile Re: Looking for a irresistable cologne that women Love!

I had to restate my thread that is why I started a new thread.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro

"Wan't" isn't a contraction, by the way.