Code of Conduct
Page 24 of 107 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,440 of 6365

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Oh and Jernizzle, I'm going to ask you a question, perhaps this will help you in your search for the "ultimate" woman-catching cologne, then again maybe not. Do you like every fragrance that has ever come out? I'm just going to go out on a limb, and assume not. The exact same principle applies for women. Not everyone is going to like everything, and even if they do like what you are wearing the chances they will say anything are incredibly low. You say Issey Miyake is the most universally liked cologne by women, but I can tell you from first hand experiences that many women I know hate Issey Miyake. So, there ya go. There is no answer. And because there is no answer, and you are never going to find a fragrance that every woman is going to like, you might as well begin to wear colognes for your personal enjoyment and not others.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 22nd May 2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Changed wording
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I am not trying to get a woman's panty's to drop by the cologne I am wearing. I am a gentleman who cares about woman. I do appreciate your advice on cologne's.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy

Every person has different taste so there is no one definite cologne that ALL women like or else each male member including myself on this board will have multiple bottles of that specific cologne, so just invest a good amount of money in a cologne that is mentioned a lot here or that you truly find to be good and wear it for your pleaure and you will definitely get some compliments if thats what you are looking for.

Default Re: Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Rochas man and Azzarro Chrome Legend.

davidoff cool water, azzaro chrome...and, you'll be surprised, oriflame-soul (not in basenotes directory)! I thought oriflame frags were cheapos but I was pleasantly surprised!!!
    Last edited by Zgb; 23rd May 2009 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Why do you want to know this about Acqua di Gio? And only about Acqua di Gio? I understand that you don't like it at all, but I cannot understand why you seem to hate it.
    The reason I would want to know that about Acqua Di Gio is because I know about 20 guys who wear it and I have never once heard them complimented on it. Now I have heard girls make comments about it. Actually last night. One of my buddies was pimping his ADG at a bar and he walked by a girl and she was like ADG nice....and that was it. I have stated this before but to me that is a comment not a compliment. Same bar later on we approach a group of girls and one girl was said to me WOW you smell good what is that I have never smelled that before (It was Le Male). Then she kept sniffing. That to me is a compliment. I have said before it is kinda all in the way you look at things though.

Funny you mention Le Male, here in Belgium you have the same situation with it as you mentioned with AdG; most of the guys here were Le Male when they're going out

Basenotes Plus

1. Bond No 9 Bleecker St
    2. Creed Green Irish Tweed.
    3. Lanvin L'Homme
    4. Jil Sander for Men
    5. Armani Code

1. Yatagan
    2. Fou d'Absinthe
    3. Carnal Flower
    4. Green Irish Tweed

Yeh . . . pretty wide spread but there you go!

The classics are doing it for me: Chanel Antaeus and Armani Eau Pour Homme

Only got one, and it was for Trussardi Inside!

Victoria's Secret Vertical by a large margin.

Well, counting this year, I've probably received the most compliments wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain, because I wore it much throughout winter. But as my I switched into my spring/summer wardrobe, I seem to get a couple compliments from Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial.

Funny thing is my favorite fragrance note/type are vetivers, yet I've yet to receive a compliment on any of them: Guerlain Vetiver, Encre Noire, and Original Vetiver (though someone did say that I smelled clean O_O).
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Surprised that not one person mentioned this one..

Amouage Lyric for Men.

Seducing women was never this easy..
    The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic.

This year the fragrances that have garnered positive comments where somebody spoke up to ask me about it were:

Or Black by Pascal Morabito
    Jasmin et Cigarette by ELDO
    Archipelago by Oriscent
    Black Tourmaline, Oliver Durbano
    Musks Kublai Khan, Serge Lutens
    Oud 27, Le Labo

It is curious for me to make this list because I wear fresh fragrances most often and light florals second most. But these are all pretty masculine and on the dark side a bit.

Smile Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Hello,therre is a cologne I wan't your opinion on. It is called Sean Joan I am king. Is it a irressistable scent according to the wormen? Does it last very long on the skin? Is it worth the money it costs? Please let me know.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro

I AM KING is a very safe choice than women will like. If women enjoying the scent is what you are after you won't go wrong with I AM KING. But keep in mind as previously mentioned there is no scent that is irresitable to women what I am talking about is they will enjoy the scent.

I received a nice comment while weaering Versace Pour Homme saturday night. A girl came up to me and was going on and on about how she thought I looked like The Rock and then right in the middle of her rant she goes "and I like the way you smell" now this comment is what I was talking about earlier as comments versus compliments. At the point when she threw it out there I am certain that it wouldn't have mattered if I was wearing VPH or Old Spice she was already into me because of who I supposedly look like and I think she was just commenting on the fragrance in a flirty way and by no means was this a compliment to the fragrance this was more a comment about me.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by Jernizzle456 View Post
    Hello,therre is a cologne I wan't your opinion on. It is called Sean Joan I am king. Is it a irressistable scent according to the wormen? Does it last very long on the skin? Is it worth the money it costs? Please let me know.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro
    "Smells like Sprite, you're better than this."

Verbatim quote from my girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    "Smells like Sprite, you're better than this."

Verbatim quote from my girlfriend.
    LOL, my sentiments exactly!

Your gf has good taste

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    Your gf has good taste
    That's why she's my gal hah. She's very outspoken about my sampling choices as well.

wan't
    The word "want" is not a contraction of two words, and I've noticed you make this mistake in many posts. Enough butchering of the English language goes on on the interwebs, so in the future, it's "want", not "wan't".

Hello,has anyone here ever used a cologne called fugiyama before? Someone told me that if you like leo' d' issey,which is issey miyake's cologne produced in 1994 then you would like this cologne. I just find it hard to believe that a cologne less than $20.00 would be as good as a higher end fragrance like leo' d' issey. Please let me know if anyone here has any information on this brand of cologne??
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro

Hello,has anyone here ever used a cologne called fugiyama before? Someone told me that if you like leo' d' issey,which is issey miyake's cologne produced in 1994 then you would like this cologne. I just find it hard to believe that a cologne less than $20.00 would be as good as a higher end fragrance like leo' d' issey. Please let me know if anyone here has any information on this brand of cologne??
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro
    Jeremy, I think you start a new thread for yourself. This thread is for "Which scent gets you the most female compliments?", nothing else. This is not a thread in which to compare fragrances as you are. Best, Joel.

Sur la Plage

Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro
    I prefer leo d'capprio.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'll keep it simple, but chics seem to dig some Mulger colgne (often let them share that one), OVetiver, HMori, Calypso by Christian Celle, and A-men..although think the gourmond on that one catches them by surprise so they say they lie it

Hello,thankyou for letting me know that I started a new thread for myself. I didn't realize I did this. Thanks a lot.
    Jeremy

Hello,what do you people think of a cologne called joop? Do you think the women would like it or not? I am 32 year's old and make sure it is a great scent for me to wear around women.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy

Hello,what do you people think of a cologne called joop? Do you think the women would like it or not? I am 32 year's old and make sure it is a great scent for me to wear around women.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy
    No, this one is not good to wear around women, only men will like it. Unless that's what you're going for?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

How do you know this about joop when there are million's of people on this planet with different opinion's?

How do you know this about joop when there are million's of people on this planet with different opinion's?
    You just answered your own question.

What do you mean I answered my own question about joop cologne for men produced in 1989? Please tell me what you mean.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy

What do you mean I answered my own question about joop cologne for men produced in 1989? Please tell me what you mean.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy
    What I mean, is that you keep asking if cologne a or cologne b is good to wear around women, or if it will get you lots of compliments. But you yourself, just said that there are "million's of people on this planet with different opinion's". If you yourself acknowledge the existence of various opinions, why do you keep asking questions that imply the opposite. Wear what you like, carry yourself well, and even piss water will get you complimented.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 27th May 2009 at 03:06 AM.

ok,thanks for letting me know. Sorry about all this. Take Care.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy

Gee! 'Jernizzle456', I can't believe you are 32 years old. The way you present yourself and your questions makes it seem that you're still a teenager.

ok,thanks for letting me know. Sorry about all this. Take Care.
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy
    It has come time for me to leap out of the jungle on this thread. Jeremy, please stop apologizing for your posts. It is also not necessary to sign off on your posts with your real name. In the future, please try to protect your identity. You must realize this is the Internet. The Internet can indeed be a fine community of ladies and gentleman. Basenotes is a very good example. However, the Internet is also a collection of virtually every miscreant God ever created constantly up to no good which they have specialized in for their entire lives. These people prowl the Internet striving to steal someone's identity. Anyone on this planet who knows how to use Google can easily identify your posts which is definitely not in your best interest. They cannot necessarily steal your identity with you name alone, but you are definitely entitled to protect your privacy as is everyone else.

Please take this as kind guidance. You need to pick up your act. Joop and these other fragrances you keep referring to are basically mullet headed NASCAR enthusiast rat piss. I sincerely doubt that is the kind of impression you are striving for with that certain young lady. I would highly suggest you acquire a flask of Creed Green Irish Tweed at discount. Watch the Basenotes sales board. I recently scored a 99% full flask for $118 USD. Many can and do better.

So in essence, lose the Walgreens crap like Joop and strive for class. The proper fragrance can only augment your presentation, not create it for you. The right presentation: intellect, physique, manners, courtesy, dress, and even the shoes you wear (yes, women always look at a gentleman's shoes because shoes can tell them quite a bit about you) can make all the difference in the world. This is true not just with respect to that certain young lady you would like to meet, but virtually anyone else that you are likely to encounter.

Best,

TJ
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 28th May 2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Hello,could anyone tell me if joop the original one produced in 1989 is a good or bad fragrance to wear around women? Is it to feminine? I bought it,but I need some opinion's on this fragrance or would I be best to go to the female message board? Please let me know.
    Jeremy

Hello,could anyone tell me if joop the original one produced in 1989 is a good or bad fragrance to wear around women? Is it to feminine? I bought it,but I need some opinion's on this fragrance or would I be best to go to the female message board? Please let me know.
    Jeremy
    Jeremy:

Lose the Joop. Please refer to my post above.

Best,

TJ

I received a very nice compliment on my Eternity Summer 2008 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron.D View Post
    Gee! 'Jernizzle456'...The way you present yourself and your questions makes it seem that you're still a teenager.
    As a teenager, I feel insulted.
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

Hello,TJ thanks for all the great advice you gave me on women and cologne. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,Jeremy

Hello,Tiger Juice I would also like to thankyou for telling me how to protect myself on the internet,which mean's no more mentioning my name at all.
    Jernizzle456

When did Eddie Murphy enter the building? This thread have become too funny.

I personally think this thread about what scent women like the most has got to stop. Every woman and every man has different opinion about the best fragrance on a man or woman. You could ask 50 women or men there favorite scent and you would get 50 different answer's so I think there should be zero more posts about this subject.
    Jernizzle456

Default Re: Looking for a irresistable cologne that women Love!

I should have never started this thread because I realize that every woman and man has a different taste in cologne and perfume and I think there should be no more posts on this subject.
    Jernizzle456

I should have never started this thread because I realize that every woman and man has a different taste in cologne and perfume and I think there should be no more posts on this subject.
    Jernizzle456
    Ha-leluja.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Default Re: cologne that makes women melt?

Hello,I should have never started this thread because I realize now that every woman and man has a different taste in cologne and perfume and you could ask every person on the planet and you would get a different answer on there favorite scent.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456

I personally think this thread about what scent women like the most has got to stop. Every woman and every man has different opinion about the best fragrance on a man or woman. You could ask 50 women or men there favorite scent and you would get 50 different answer's so I think there should be zero more posts about this subject.
    Jernizzle456
    This is one of three things. Poor sarcasm. Delusional behavior. Or you're just playing with us now.

I'm new to the community and I'm getting back into the cologne game (I don't count my high school days 5 yrs. ago when I'd spray anything). I've recently purchased a few and here are the compliment results:

Hanae Mori - 5 or 6 and I bought it last week!
    212 - 4
    Burberry London - 3 or 4 at my office
    JPG - wore it to a bar and had two of my girlfriends compliment me
    Lacoste Red - my sisters like it (ages 18, 20)
    Pi- none yet, I'm not sure when to wear this?
    Curve- many in high school, I've stopped wearing it
    Eternity - a blind buy that I regret. My least favorite.

I also used to have a mini bottle of Abercrombie, (not Fierce or woods, just the original stuff) which I would buy again but I think it has been discontinued. I really liked it. is there anything similar?

I've realized that ladies enjoy the gourmands, but I want to balance out my collection a bit. My favorites are 212 and London. I'm curious about Issey but I think I have enough sweet scents and honestly H.M. seems to be a hit. I want something a little more sophisticated like London.

Any recommendations? I don't think I'm ready for the Creeds...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Akron View Post
    I don't think I'm ready for the Creeds...yet.
    In time my friend, in time. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    This is one of three things. Poor sarcasm. Delusional behavior. Or you're just playing with us now.
    I will take #2 for 50.

Jernizzle456
    Well then, considering that the intent of the thread is not about which fragrance women like most, it's to identify which scents actually garner compliments in our own personal history, your point is moot.

Banned

I got a compliment from 2 girls at work(not co-workers) yesterday. I used JPG le male aftershave. Still not a fan of this frag though.

Within past few months I've noticed that women of ages 25ish & up seem to like GIT and cool water a lot.
    Last edited by play; 27th May 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Well then, considering that the intent of the thread is not about which fragrance women like most, it's to identify which scents actually garner compliments in our own personal history, your point is moot.
    Not to mention if we didn't have this thread, all these questions & answers would be littering the MFD board...

Default Re: cologne that makes women melt?

As has been already mentioned, everyone is different so it's hard to say. I think if you are wearing something you love, you'll feel good about that and that will be portrayed to the woman you're with. That said, my favorites by far are:

Alan Cumming Cumming
    CdG Zagorsk, Avignon, 2Man
    PG Coze
    Cartier Eau de Cartier
    FM Vetiver Extraordinaire

Hope that helps!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    he wanted love...not orgy. but yeh...why take chance...20 sprays to be on th safer side..
    This is HILARIOUS!!!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

You can ask the same question about any of the fragrances you have wanted comment on.

Just remember that there is no magic potion that all, or even a majority (or even a healthy plurality) of women will think smells "irresistable"or will "make them melt."

To answer all of your questions about different fragrances; we don't know what scent will make YOU attractive to women, that is something that YOU will have to find out by testing as many fragrances as possible. A few hours spent smelling different scents will be more profitable than the same amount of time spent combing BN and asking people questions.

My suggestion is take a female friend or three on a fragrance hunting expedition, test one or two fragrances at a time and get their opinions about what smells best on you; only then will you have an answer to your questions.
    Last edited by surreality; 28th May 2009 at 12:41 AM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Akron View Post
    I'm new to the community and I'm getting back into the cologne game (I don't count my high school days 5 yrs. ago when I'd spray anything). I've recently purchased a few and here are the compliment results:

Hanae Mori - 5 or 6 and I bought it last week!
    212 - 4
    Burberry London - 3 or 4 at my office
    JPG - wore it to a bar and had two of my girlfriends compliment me
    Lacoste Red - my sisters like it (ages 18, 20)
    Pi- none yet, I'm not sure when to wear this?
    Curve- many in high school, I've stopped wearing it
    Eternity - a blind buy that I regret. My least favorite.

I also used to have a mini bottle of Abercrombie, (not Fierce or woods, just the original stuff) which I would buy again but I think it has been discontinued. I really liked it. is there anything similar?

I've realized that ladies enjoy the gourmands, but I want to balance out my collection a bit. My favorites are 212 and London. I'm curious about Issey but I think I have enough sweet scents and honestly H.M. seems to be a hit. I want something a little more sophisticated like London.

Any recommendations? I don't think I'm ready for the Creeds...yet.
    Michael for Men by Michael Kors is a lot more sophisticated, smells great, is easy to find, and is inexpensive.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Hello,everyone has anyone tried out the new nautica ocean's at all? It was recommend to me as a great summer fragrance. Please let me know.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456

Hello,everyone has anyone tried out the new nautica ocean's at all? It was recommend to me as a great summer fragrance. Please let me know.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456
    Is this the only place you post? Damn

Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456
    There's a plethora of threads on any of the fragrances you ask about, use the search feature. This thread is for sharing experiences regarding compliments we've garnered.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 28th May 2009 at 03:19 AM.