Code of Conduct
Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,500 of 6137

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by Jernizzle456 View Post
    Hello,has anyone here ever used a cologne called fugiyama before? Someone told me that if you like leo' d' issey,which is issey miyake's cologne produced in 1994 then you would like this cologne. I just find it hard to believe that a cologne less than $20.00 would be as good as a higher end fragrance like leo' d' issey. Please let me know if anyone here has any information on this brand of cologne??
    Thankyou,
    Jeremy Belcastro
    This just can't be real...

I get the most compliments from L'eau D'Issey but I feel this cologne is too common now. I need to purchase some Millesime Imperial to compliment my Himalaya

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by awahl63 View Post
    This just can't be real...

I get the most compliments from L'eau D'Issey but I feel this cologne is too common now. I need to purchase some Millesime Imperial to compliment my Himalaya
    Welcome to Basenotes awahl63! We are very happy to have you on board

Go for the MI and if Himalaya works for you, please seek to acquire. However, because of my TigerJuice skin, Himalaya opens with an unbelievably fresh and very crisp opening, but then seriously disappoints with longevity and sillage. If I could just get the longevity and sillage that Oliver Creed should have provided with this fragrance, I would definitely acquire.

Best,

TJ

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Oh man... I love Jernizzle456's posts. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD keep posting. Maybe make a blog while your at it?
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Michael for Men by Michael Kors is a lot more sophisticated, smells great, is easy to find, and is inexpensive.
    Thanks, I'll look into this.

Jernizzle456, your posts are driving me mad. Stop looking for one magical scent. Attraction is much more than how you smell. Going out, making conversation, carrying yourself with confidence, and showing others you're fun to be around is more important. Hell, I'd much rather have a chick remember me than my scent. It's all a numbers' game. Eventually you'll run into someone who will enjoy your smell if that's what you're looking for. I use scent as one of the many things that will make me stand out, not as a crutch.

Hes a troll.

Hello,everyone has anyone tried out the new nautica ocean's at all? It was recommend to me as a great summer fragrance. Please let me know.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456
    Thank you for signing your posts. . .otherwise we'd have no idea who you were. . .

Hello,I have a question to ask you people in this message board. Do you think you have to spend money on high end fragrances like the creed cologne's to impress a woman? I just can't afford to spend $150.00 or more on one fragrance. I usually spend between $40.00-$80.00 on a bottle of cologne. I do not buy the cheap stuff around $20.00,but I also do not buy the most expensive. Believe it or not there is a type of cologne and perfume called clive christian #1 that cost between $650.00-$900.00 and that is only approximately 1 ounce. Please private message me on what you think about my question's relating to men's fragrances.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456

I think you're a masterpiece, Jernizzle456. What you?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

AARRRRGGGH!!! Jernizzle456!! Get a clue man! Are you retarded!!?? Don't you read previous posts? You said in a post earlier that you now realise that different women have different tastes in fragrances; so why do you keep asking about certain particular fragrances!!? Also, a smell is a smell, no matter how much it costs.
    It feels like I want to swear at you but i know I can't cause this post will get deleted. Jernizzle456, if you are trying to pull a joke, stop now! its not working! AARRGGHHH!!!

I wish Jernizzle456 would just leave this thread. Please do not post in this topic anymore Jernizzle456!

Thank you. Finally someone else mentioned how I feel exactly.

purge his useless messages plz and any other which are offtopic even mine at the end
    his typo is like email mibi he runs another forum and copy all FAQ here with no answer
    Last edited by yrk; 31st May 2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Cacharel pour l'Homme
    Terre d'Hermes
    Dior Homme
    M7
    Marc Jacobs
    D&G
    Fahrenheit
    You are not your perfume.

Shape it molding cream.

I was getting my hair cut and wearing Rochas Man which got no comment. But when she opened the Shape it she got excited and said "I love the smell of this stuff." and took a big sniff of the white gooey gunk.

I give up.

L'Eau de Issey, Armani Code, Armani Mania, Acqua de Gio, and Eternity.

Well.. A&F Fierce probably but I haven't owned that many so.. maybe a future one will get me more hopefully. I still love it though, fruity and sweet and musky.. good stuff. I remember some weird girl I would pass in the hallway would get in front of me, and take a huge whiff of me.. it was bizarre. I got used to it but it was still so odd.

I have something new to add-

Straight to Heaven- By Kilian
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

It definitely was By Man by Dolce&Gabbana. I had it 2 years ago, currently searching for it again, and the compliments came left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Well.. A&F Fierce probably but I haven't owned that many so.. maybe a future one will get me more hopefully. I still love it though, fruity and sweet and musky.. good stuff. I remember some weird girl I would pass in the hallway would get in front of me, and take a huge whiff of me.. it was bizarre. I got used to it but it was still so odd.
    And she thought, "Hrm, I'm going to go buy a new Abercrombie top after class."
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    And she thought, "Hrm, I'm going to go buy a new Abercrombie top after class."
    Hahahaa indeed She was a huge prep

Hahahaa indeed She was a huge prep
    bad boy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blaze View Post
    bad boy
    Stop coming onto me Johnny

Stop coming onto me Johnny
    i wish my scents came onto your more than i did. yesterday was awesome

And that's all she wrote folks.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Carnal Flower is working its magic today. Two unsolicited compliments already.

The one opinion I DID ask for was a negative - but she loved my Rive Gauche yesterday.

btw - Rive Gauche is a total compliment magnet, as if we all didn't know that.

Default whats a good frag to impress girls

i have learned that girls like fresh scents the most but still think others are okay
    what are some good fresh scents that you can get the most compliments also it has to be something you can get at macys. Also where do you buy creeds

Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

you made a thread about this in the just starting out section, did you follow any advice?

i did but now that i bought versace ph like everyone said i want another one to add to my collection

Don't mean any disrespect, but look at the first post in this forum.

Just wear Abercrombie Fierce if you're under 21. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by dz23151 View Post
    ... also it has to be something you can get at macys. Also where do you buy creeds
    Not at Macy's.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

First of all WELCOME to BN!

Second of all - you need to search before you post somehting because there are already a million threads like this. there is voluminous STICKY thread about getting female compliments that is always top of the thread list. Go there and reap the rewards.

A short summary of women's preferences is that they TEND to prefer gourmands or edible scents. If you're starting out, try Rochas for Men and Thierry Mugler's A*Men. They have lots of "edible" smells that a large percentage of women love.

If you want Brut but more sophisticated, get YSL Rive Gauche.

Good luck finding your perfect fragrance. You'll soon realize that the quest never ends!

Creed doesn't get compliments from the ladies.

Thumbs up Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post

Oh Really?? When I wear Creed BDP & Original Santal.It does.

^ Depends half on the person and half on the fragrance, a hobo wearing AdG wont get any compliments

Either you are ---, nevermind . Creeds get me loads! Gotten them from GIT, MI, OV, SMW and even one for BDP. Haven't gotten any bites wearing Erolfa, though I must admit.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

Adonis, with all due respect, I completely disagree.

One time an extremely beautiful nineteen year old girl stuck her nose deep into the cashmere sweater I was wearing and asked:

"hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what are you wearing." I told her Creed Green Irish Tweed, you know the one that comes in the black flask at Neimans. She replied with total lust in her voice: "yea, you can only get that at Neimans. Whatever you do, don't ever change your cologne!"

True story. Enough said.

Best,

TJ

Abercrombie Fierce is a good pick. Many swear by L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme.

My pick is Bulgari Aqua pour Homme.

I buy Creeds at Fragrancenet.
    Last edited by weylin; 11th June 2009 at 03:33 AM.

Creed Green Irish Tweed, you can buy creed fragrance at neiman marcus, saks fifth avenue, and many online retailers like scentiments.com.
    Last edited by jamin4gt; 11th June 2009 at 03:47 AM.

Okay, okay. Creed doesn't get compliments from ladies in the Miracle Mile - Hancock Park area of LA.

Interesting demographic.

Creeds ALWAYS get me compliments.....

green irish tweed has gotten me the most. prada amber pour homme has scored a couple as well.

eric b

big "......." will get you anywhere... big phallus big wallet big attitude big smile big anything... just make sure that your fragrance makes you confident... there's nothing like pouring on some well-received fragrance, no matter how many good reviews it has, and feeling sheepish or self-conscious about how you smell... that will be a game-killer no matter how you slice it... You have the treasure trove of wisdom on this site to search search search... sample sample sample... when you have found the one that you cannot stop thinking about... buy it and wear it... the ladies will not just enjoy the fragrance, they will enjoy the clear eyed - posture perfect - swaggering step of a man that knows that he is the catch, he is the alpha dog, he is the one with the complete package.
    Either that or thrown on some A&F Fierce and smell like every other douche at the club
    At your service

Quote Originally Posted by decillisjl View Post
    big "......." will get you anywhere... big phallus big wallet big attitude big smile big anything... just make sure that your fragrance makes you confident... there's nothing like pouring on some well-received fragrance, no matter how many good reviews it has, and feeling sheepish or self-conscious about how you smell... that will be a game-killer no matter how you slice it... You have the treasure trove of wisdom on this site to search search search... sample sample sample... when you have found the one that you cannot stop thinking about... buy it and wear it... the ladies will not just enjoy the fragrance, they will enjoy the clear eyed - posture perfect - swaggering step of a man that knows that he is the catch, he is the alpha dog, he is the one with the complete package.
    Either that or thrown on some A&F Fierce and smell like every other douche at the club
    Joe, YOU are one of our treasure troves. Your posts always crack the hell out of me!

Best,

TJ

I've already received 4 unsolicited compliments about my Bvlgari Aqva, and I've only had it for a few days :S

That's more than the rest of my wardrobe combined almost.. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Joe, YOU are one of our treasure troves. Your posts always crack the hell out of me!

Best,

TJ

Seconded!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'll throw Burberry Brit Gold into the pot. Probably no other guy will be wearing it. Think Carven Homme on steriods.

I have never heard better advice for this topic, or heard it so well phrased as this on BN before.
    Sales thread here

A nice frag that compliments Versace PH would be Givenchy PI. A warm smile helps!
    Peace ~ Markymark

Mind you I have yet to try it for myself but I hear Sécrétions Magnifiques is verrry impressive and will have heads turning every where you go.

This post rocks!!!
    :toppie:

I was going to say Eau du Self-confidence but decillisjl already beat me to it Fragrance, as far as picking up girls is concerned, is only the icing on the cake.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    First of all WELCOME to BN!

Second of all - you need to search before you post somehting because there are already a million threads like this. there is voluminous STICKY thread about getting female compliments that is always top of the thread list. Go there and reap the rewards.

A short summary of women's preferences is that they TEND to prefer gourmands or edible scents. If you're starting out, try Rochas for Men and Thierry Mugler's A*Men. They have lots of "edible" smells that a large percentage of women love.

If you want Brut but more sophisticated, get YSL Rive Gauche.

Good luck finding your perfect fragrance. You'll soon realize that the quest never ends!
    This is the pefect reply for the thread IMO

Chanel Allure
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Quote Originally Posted by rinosaur View Post
    ^ Depends half on the person and half on the fragrance, a hobo wearing AdG wont get any compliments
    Try more like 98% person, 2% fragrance. If a woman is going to compliment you, it doesn't matter if you are wearing Old Spice or the latest and most expensive niche scent, the fragrance is just an excuse to give the compliment, it provides the opening. If you are not getting compliments from women already then getting a new fragrance (or 1000) will not help. If a woman says "that is a nice cologne you are wearing" that's not really a compliment aimed at you but at the fragrance; a subtle but important distinction.

If you really want to be successful with women then try working on things that really impress women; conversation and listening skills, grooming, developing a sense of humor etc
    Last edited by surreality; 11th June 2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    Mind you I have yet to try it for myself but I hear Sécrétions Magnifiques is verrry impressive and will have heads turning every where you go.
    Thats just mean

alacious i know the feeling guess its all about the sprays???

Hello,I have a question to ask you people in this message board. Do you think you have to spend money on high end fragrances like the creed cologne's to impress a woman? I just can't afford to spend $150.00 or more on one fragrance. I usually spend between $40.00-$80.00 on a bottle of cologne. I do not buy the cheap stuff around $20.00,but I also do not buy the most expensive. Believe it or not there is a type of cologne and perfume called clive christian #1 that cost between $650.00-$900.00 and that is only approximately 1 ounce. Please private message me on what you think about my question's relating to men's fragrances.
    Thankyou,
    Jernizzle456
    I just love your "Thankyou" at the end of ur every post.

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    Try more like 98% person, 2% fragrance. If a woman is going to compliment you, it doesn't matter if you are wearing Old Spice or the latest and most expensive niche scent, the fragrance is just an excuse to give the compliment, it provides the opening. If you are not getting compliments from women already then getting a new fragrance (or 1000) will not help. If a woman says "that is a nice cologne you are wearing" that's not really a compliment aimed at you but at the fragrance; a subtle but important distinction.

If you really want to be successful with women then try working on things that really impress women; conversation and listening skills, grooming, developing a sense of humor etc
    If a woman says "that is a nice cologne you are wearing" that's not really a compliment aimed at you but at the fragrance; a subtle but important distinction.

Man Surreality I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I see my friends with their certain overpopular colognes get those kind of comments all the time and they take those as compliments. I have even discussed this here on the boards. There is a difference between compliments and comments. Glad someone else understands this.
    Last edited by tbp82; 13th June 2009 at 01:58 PM.