Code of Conduct
Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,620 of 6348

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by virtuoso_735 View Post
    A guy said I smelled "like man" (I guess I"ll take that as a compliment)
    Did he say it in a caveman tone and hit his chest? YOU SMELL . . . LIKE MAN!

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova_boy View Post
    I received 3 compliments from women while out and about this evening from 1.) a waitress ("You smell good enough to bite"), 2.) a young woman assisting me in a natural foods store ("I'd hang out with a guy who smelled like you.") and a woman I sat next to on a bench ("You smell yummy.")

Oh, ya, and a dude at the gas station ("Sir, your cologne is killer.")

The culprit: Bulgari Aqua pour homme MARINE.

Don't wear it much because I can never smell it. In fact, hadn't picked it up much since last summer. Never received too many remarks on Aqua Marine prior to tonight.
    Are you uncommonly attractive? That frag smells like brine to me.

Default Re: whats a good frag to impress girls

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    Mind you I have yet to try it for myself but I hear Sécrétions Magnifiques is verrry impressive and will have heads turning every where you go.
    Strange as it may sound, this is technically not untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    It depends on the type of woman, of course. But I've gotten compliments wearing both types, and women seem to "hang around" more when you're wearing a "feminine" scent.

It may be a generational thing as well, women tend to associate certain scents with fathers / uncles / etc. and that plays into it as well.

I think you sumed it up quite well. It seems to be a generational thing. The women who said I smelled like a man, was in her late thirties. Whenever I wear an aquatic or really sweet scent, the comps come from women under thirty.

Default Re: best cologne on the market

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Such a cologne does not exist. Because women have individual tastes, different things will appeal to different ones.
    Yes there is. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Hahaha

Um...to be entirely honest out of the 8 or 9 colognes I own, none has garnered more compliments than (gasp!) American Eagle 77 Cologne. I've had people literally say to me "god, you smell good!" guys and girls alike. In fact, my friend who never compliments anybody on anything walked up to me, gave me a hug, and told me I smelled absolutely amazing. Weird but good.

<made a new thread>
    Last edited by Cutwolf; 18th July 2009 at 12:02 AM.

Bulgari AQUA

I lost track of all the female complements I received from this.

Quote Originally Posted by russnug View Post
    I think you sumed it up quite well. It seems to be a generational thing. The women who said I smelled like a man, was in her late thirties. Whenever I wear an aquatic or really sweet scent, the comps come from women under thirty.

Best summary yet.

Not to be lascivious here, but it is a biological fact that younger women are less orgasmic as are women who have not had children. This is not meant to insult women of any age group or category. Nor any men. God bless all women. Any connection? I believe so.

Combine biology with changing trends (and regs) in the industry (and the need for new sales) and notions of masculinity. Combine this with fear of "being with her father" and the need to deny "having been with other men" despite claims of changed mores... What remains is the need to be more publically "turned on" not necessarily in any sexual way BTW but in a way that may appear so....while often "not quite ready to settle down" (until I'm early thirties) ...what attracts is a supply of often indistinguishable, inoffensive hints of freshness...youth...and dare I say...some (mutually shared) innocence...being still available...

Frankly, I think waiting for compliments is a waste of time. Wear what makes you feel great...and be a man, a respectful man with intelligence and a sense of humor. Even "good looks" are no guarantee.

This of course has already been said...
    Last edited by ortho123; 19th July 2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling

by far: Jaipur EdP by Boucheron.............

:toppie:

Givenchy Pi, and MKK. MKK wins.

Has anybody bothered to add these up? I started to make a Google Spreadsheet on it and gave up half way through the first page when I realize everybody was listing like 18 frags each. People can't stop themselves from listing everything they like... the pringles effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    I don't understand this..cool water smells so plain, like simple water and clean clothes, kind of like a laundry smell, there is no sensuous or lusty smell to it, its just simple and airy, where's the excitement in it?
    Well....yeah. This seems like one of those questions that answers itself.

I've never smelled the scent, but your description tells me exactly why it would be appealing. Simple water and clean clothes? Fabulous.

Crayfish

Oh the irony! Every single day of my life I wear fragrance and I rarely if ever get a compliment. Today I had to go into work at the bank for only 3 hours so I decided to not wear anything, so that I could sample when I get home, and just threw on the shirt I wore yesterday, because I had none that were clean. What do ya know, two compliments! On the tiny fragrant molecules of Original Vetiver left on my shirt from my wearing yesterday! Sometimes I don't get women.

PS. Don't worry it's a different branch so no one saw me wearing the same branch two days in a row, or smelled my cologne yesterday.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 25th July 2009 at 02:35 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by ortho123 View Post
    Best summary yet.

Not to be lascivious here, but it is a biological fact that younger women are less orgasmic as are women who have not had children. This is not meant to insult women of any age group or category. Nor any men. God bless all women. Any connection? I believe so.

Combine biology with changing trends (and regs) in the industry (and the need for new sales) and notions of masculinity. Combine this with fear of "being with her father" and the need to deny "having been with other men" despite claims of changed mores... What remains is the need to be more publically "turned on" not necessarily in any sexual way BTW but in a way that may appear so....while often "not quite ready to settle down" (until I'm early thirties) ...what attracts is a supply of often indistinguishable, inoffensive hints of freshness...youth...and dare I say...some (mutually shared) innocence...being still available...

Frankly, I think waiting for compliments is a waste of time. Wear what makes you feel great...and be a man, a respectful man with intelligence and a sense of humor. Even "good looks" are no guarantee.

This of course has already been said...
    I'm totaly with you on this one man, specially the bolded part! 100% with you!

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Has anyone else dreamed of Aphrodite getting it on with HAL the computer from 2001?

The answer is obvious to any trained Jungian.

We are now at 1,573 posts that do not--how shall I put it? Entirely agree with each other.

However when we get to the 2001st post

THAT will be the magic elixir, the ultimate pheromone aphrodisiac, cutecake crumbler and babe magnet extraordinaire.

This makes it 1,574 posts. So hurry it up, will ya?
    We've still got 427 posts to go!

I'm afraid, Dave. My mind is going,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

For what it's worth, and I think this sums it up - especially for those who aren't often complimented, a dental technician, I suppose that's what she should be called anyway, said "I wasn't going to say anything, but I couldn't help myself." (Colonia Intensa) I think women (at least, it seems) don't offer compliments and there are a variety of reasons for it (confidence, wrong impression, etc) by default.

I now also get some compliments at the local starbucks but I believe the woman in question is a little sweet on me, so it's not clear if she would still compliment if that were not the case.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

Not all people, including women give compliments indeed. Doesn't mean they don't notice. How many times have you people noticed a person who wears a nice scent and complimented it? I never have. Most compliments I get is from people and girls I'm close to.

Quote Originally Posted by sixister View Post
    Has anybody bothered to add these up? I started to make a Google Spreadsheet on it and gave up half way through the first page when I realize everybody was listing like 18 frags each. People can't stop themselves from listing everything they like... the pringles effect?

I would like to see this...we need to find someone with a lot of time on their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Sethdb1 View Post
    I would like to see this...we need to find someone with a lot of time on their hands
    A lot is an understatement. I tried a few months ago and got through about 3 pages and it took nearly 2 hours. People don't list just one but often numerous, so it is VERY time consuming.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Creed MI....hands down!

Whether women drop their panties or run in disgust from wafts of hell, just wear what YOU are emotionally connect to and evokes a state of well being, as so many of us have said. If their truly was a narrow answer for this question, it would be the biggest mass marketed scent their ever was (AdG) and would simply be passe to most. IMO, anything fresh and clean that is not offensive will work as long as it is on the right person, with the right attitude, and acts like a winner!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Whether women drop their panties or run in disgust from wafts of hell, just wear what YOU are emotionally connect to and evokes a state of well being, as so many of us have said. If their truly was a narrow answer for this question, it would be the biggest mass marketed scent their ever was (AdG) and would simply be passe to most. IMO, anything fresh and clean that is not offensive will work as long as it is on the right person, with the right attitude, and acts like a winner!
    I'm sorry brother but if it makes women run in disgust from wafts of hell then I won't wear it. That is overkill. I get your point about wearing what you like because IMO it really does come down to the guy instead of the scent. While I am in no way saying that smelling fresh and clean is a bad thing (I love Versace Pour Homme Channel Allure Sport and Versace Man Eau Fraiche) what I am saying is that if Brad Pitt was wearing something considered old dated and not exactly fresh and clean say something like Old Spice and Danny Devito was wearing a so-called panty dropper like Issey Miyake I think Brad would win out despite his fragrance choice.
    Last edited by tbp82; 29th July 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Oh the irony! Every single day of my life I wear fragrance and I rarely if ever get a compliment. Today I had to go into work at the bank for only 3 hours so I decided to not wear anything, so that I could sample when I get home, and just threw on the shirt I wore yesterday, because I had none that were clean. What do ya know, two compliments! On the tiny fragrant molecules of Original Vetiver left on my shirt from my wearing yesterday! Sometimes I don't get women.

PS. Don't worry it's a different branch so no one saw me wearing the same branch two days in a row, or smelled my cologne yesterday.
    Take it from somebody maybe older than you? YOU WILL NEVER "UNDERSTAND" WOMEN! Just love them... BTW, they don't really fully "understand" how aspirin and a lot of medications work...

HOWEVER, I do think that scent perceptible when "close enough" is a turn on for quite a few...

Issey Miyaki and Bois du Portrugal
    You let me be in your dream and I'll let you be in mine...
    Bob Dylan

Got asked what I was wearing today by a very attractive young woman, said I smelled good -- Ice*Men (Thierry Mugler).

Mr Dalliard

The only compliment I have ever had at work was when I was wearing Dior Homme Sport. I am told I smell like an 'old man' if I wear Rive Gauche, Kouros Fraicheur or Chanel Pour Monsieur!!! Then a real old man walks in wearing L'eau D'issey and he smells 'gorgeous'!!

Tally of first 10 pages:

Green Irish Tweed - 36
    Millesime Imperial - 28
    Rive Gauche - 25
    L'eau d'Issey - 22
    Terre d'Hermes - 22
    Kouros - 19
    Aqua Di Gio - 18
    Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - 18
    Envy - 17
    Rochas Man - 17
    Silver Mountain Water - 17
    A*Men 16
    M7 - 16
    Cool Water - 15
    Dior Homme - 14
    Musc Ravageur - 14
    Thierry Mugler Cologne - 12
    Hanae Mori - 11
    Allure Homme - 10
    Body Kouros - 10
    Michael for Men - 10
    Pi - 10
    The Dreamer - 10
    John Varvatos - 9
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - 9
    Ungaro III - 9
    Black Aoud - 8
    Code - 8
    Fahrenheit - 8
    Havana - 8
    Himalaya - 8
    L'Air du Desert Marocain - 8
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme - 8
    Le Male - 8
    Opium Pour Homme - 8
    Reaction - 8
    Bleecker Street - 7
    Boss Bottled - 7
    Chrome - 7
    Rose 31 - 7
    Allure Homme Sport - 6
    Antaeus - 6
    Bois du Portugal - 6
    Egoiste - 6
    Geir - 6
    Gucci Pour Homme - 6
    Eternity - 5
    Gendarme - 5
    Obsession - 5
    Original Vetiver - 5
    Polo Blue - 5
    Purple Label - 5
    Ambre Sultan - 4
    Attitude - 4
    B*men - 4
    Baldessarini - 4
    Bel Ami - 4
    Black Orchid - 4
    Burberry Brit - 4
    Burberry London - 4
    Bvlgari Black - 4
    Bvlgari Extreme - 4
    Calvin - 4
    Chergui - 4
    Dia - 4
    Equipage - 4
    Fierce - 4
    Givenchy - 4
    Guerlain Vetiver - 4
    Habit Rouge - 4
    Jaipur Homme - 4
    Lanvin L'Homme - 4
    Live Jazz - 4
    Nicolaï New York - 4
    Paco XS - 4
    Paris Hilton - 4
    Prada Amber Pour Homme - 4
    Riverside Drive - 4
    Santos - 4
    Tuscany - 4
    Xeryus Rouge - 4
    Yatagan - 4
    212 - 3
    Acier Aluminum - 3
    Azzaro Pour Homme - 3
    Baime - 3
    Black Jeans - 3
    Black XS - 3
    Bogart Pour Homme - 3
    Boucheron Pour Homme - 3
    Cacharel pour L'Homme - 3
    Candies - 3
    Cartier Pasha - 3
    Coriolan - 3
    Curve - 3
    Egoiste Platinum - 3
    Escada Pour Homme - 3
    Givenchy Gentleman - 3
    Havana Reserva - 3
    Heritage - 3
    Hugo - 3
    Iceberg Twice - 3
    Joop Pour Homme - 3
    Magnetism - 3
    Marc Jacobs for Men - 3
    Minotaure - 3
    Monsieur Musk - 3
    Onyx - 3
    Original Santal - 3
    Parfum d'Habit - 3
    Polo Black - 3
    Polo Double Black - 3
    Versace Eau Fraiche - 3
    Very Sexy - 3
    Vivara - 3
    Wall Street - 3
    4711 - 2
    Aramis - 2
    Attar - 2
    Avignon - 2
    Baie de Genievre - 2
    Boss #1 - 2
    Bvlgari Aqua - 2
    CK be - 2
    Canoe - 2
    Carlos Santana for Men - 2
    Chanel pour monsieur - 2
    Clairborne Sport - 2
    Colonia Intensa - 2
    Cuiron - 2
    Dali Laguna - 2
    Declaration - 2
    Desire - 2
    Dirty English - 2
    Divine's L'Homme Sage - 2
    Dolce and Gabbana Masculine - 2
    Drakkar Noir - 2
    Dunhill Edition - 2
    Eau d'Hadrien - 2
    Erolfa - 2
    Floris Santal - 2
    Fuel for Life - 2
    Gaultier2 - 2
    Grigio Perla - 2
    Herrera for Men - 2
    Hypnotic Poison - 2
    Jako - 2
    Jardin Sur Le Nil - 2
    Jean Pascal Pour Homme - 2
    Kingdom - 2
    Kiton Black - 2
    LV musk - 2
    Le Dandy - 2
    Lurtens Fumerie Turque - 2
    M7 Fresh - 2
    Mambo - 2
    Noir Epices - 2
    Outrageous! - 2
    Patou Pour Homme - 2
    Paul Sebastian - 2
    Paul Smith Extreme - 2
    Pheromone for Men - 2
    Piper Nigrum - 2
    Pleasures - 2
    Polo Sport - 2
    Quorum - 2
    Romance - 2
    Romance Silver - 2
    Safari - 2
    Santa Maria novella's Musk - 2
    Santal Noble - 2
    Sexual - 2
    Shalimar - 2
    Straight Heaven - 2
    Tea for Two - 2
    Tom Ford for Men - 2
    Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme - 2
    Versace Man - 2
    Very Cool - 2
    Visit - 2
    Winter Star - 2
    YSL L'Homme - 2
    Last edited by tin.w; 7th August 2009 at 05:11 AM.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 09:11 PM.

right now, I receive a lot of compliments for 1 Million by Paco Rabanne...the ladies love this one...that´s weired...I got a lot of niche scents, but this one wins...I don´t know why...it is very sweet and fruity!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I don´t know why...
    it is very sweet and fruity!
    There you go!

Carnal Flower - twice recently. "That's beautiful, I feel enveloped by it" in a very appreciative way

There is, of course, the distinct possibility that she just wants to nick it for herself . . . unsmiley face, then.

Basenotes Plus

Issey Miyakey's L'eau D'Issey...was my wing man. .

I don't know why I waste my time on Ralph Lauren's frags - only love the classic which is a tad too strong for the tropics. Maybe I just like their accompanying free bags/brolly.

I think women love the fragrances that they have good memories with. My girlfriend, for example, loves Old Spice because it reminds her of her grandfather. She also loves Hollister Jake, because it reminds her of our first date.

Guess which one she prefers me to wear?

That being said, you're out to make NEW memories, not blindly try to stumble upon some so-called "panty-dropper". The best way to go, in my experience, is to pick something you like that she isn't likely to have encountered before.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Dependent

On the roll recently, just got complimented on my Love In Black...

Quote Originally Posted by tin.w View Post
    Tally of first 10 pages:

Green Irish Tweed - 36
    Millesime Imperial - 28
    Rive Gauche - 25
    L'eau d'Issey - 22
    Terre d'Hermes - 22
    Kouros - 19
    Aqua Di Gio - 18
    Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme - 18
    Envy - 17
    Rochas Man - 17
    Silver Mountain Water - 17
    A*Men 16
    M7 - 16
    Cool Water - 15
    Dior Homme - 14
    Musc Ravageur - 14
    Thierry Mugler Cologne - 12
    Hanae Mori - 11
    Allure Homme - 10
    Body Kouros - 10
    Michael for Men - 10
    Pi - 10
    The Dreamer - 10
    John Varvatos - 9
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - 9
    Ungaro III - 9
    Black Aoud - 8
    Code - 8
    Fahrenheit - 8
    Havana - 8
    Himalaya - 8
    L'Air du Desert Marocain - 8
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme - 8
    Le Male - 8
    Opium Pour Homme - 8
    Reaction - 8
    Bleecker Street - 7
    Boss Bottled - 7
    Chrome - 7
    Rose 31 - 7
    Allure Homme Sport - 6
    Antaeus - 6
    Bois du Portugal - 6
    Egoiste - 6
    Geir - 6
    Gucci Pour Homme - 6
    Eternity - 5
    Gendarme - 5
    Obsession - 5
    Original Vetiver - 5
    Polo Blue - 5
    Purple Label - 5
    Ambre Sultan - 4
    Attitude - 4
    B*men - 4
    Baldessarini - 4
    Bel Ami - 4
    Black Orchid - 4
    Burberry London - 4
    Bvlgari Black - 4
    Bvlgari Extreme - 4
    Calvin - 4
    Chergui - 4
    Dia - 4
    Equipage - 4
    Fierce - 4
    Givenchy - 4
    Guerlain Vetiver - 4
    Habit Rouge - 4
    Jaipur Homme - 4
    Lanvin L'Homme - 4
    Live Jazz - 4
    Nicolaï New York - 4
    Paco XS - 4
    Paris Hilton - 4
    Prada Amber Pour Homme - 4
    Riverside Drive - 4
    Santos - 4
    Tuscany - 4
    Xeryus Rouge - 4
    Yatagan - 4
    212 - 3
    Acier Aluminum - 3
    Azzaro Pour Homme - 3
    Baime - 3
    Black Jeans - 3
    Black XS - 3
    Bogart Pour Homme - 3
    Boucheron Pour Homme - 3
    Cacharel pour L'Homme - 3
    Candies - 3
    Cartier Pasha - 3
    Coriolan - 3
    Curve - 3
    Egoiste Platinum - 3
    Escada Pour Homme - 3
    Givenchy Gentleman - 3
    Havana Reserva - 3
    Heritage - 3
    Hugo - 3
    Iceberg Twice - 3
    Joop Pour Homme - 3
    Magnetism - 3
    Marc Jacobs for Men - 3
    Minotaure - 3
    Monsieur Musk - 3
    Onyx - 3
    Original Santal - 3
    Parfum d'Habit - 3
    Polo Black - 3
    Polo Double Black - 3
    Versace Eau Fraiche - 3
    Very Sexy - 3
    Vivara - 3
    Wall Street - 3
    4711 - 2
    Aramis - 2
    Attar - 2
    Avignon - 2
    Baie de Genievre - 2
    Boss #1 - 2
    Brit - 2
    Burberry Brit - 2
    Bvlgari Aqua - 2
    CK be - 2
    Canoe - 2
    Carlos Santana for Men - 2
    Chanel pour monsieur - 2
    Clairborne Sport - 2
    Colonia Intensa - 2
    Cuiron - 2
    Dali Laguna - 2
    Declaration - 2
    Desire - 2
    Dirty English - 2
    Divine's L'Homme Sage - 2
    Dolce and Gabbana Masculine - 2
    Drakkar Noir - 2
    Dunhill Edition - 2
    Eau d'Hadrien - 2
    Erolfa - 2
    Floris Santal - 2
    Fuel for Life - 2
    Gaultier2 - 2
    Grigio Perla - 2
    Herrera for Men - 2
    Hypnotic Poison - 2
    Jako - 2
    Jardin Sur Le Nil - 2
    Jean Pascal Pour Homme - 2
    Kingdom - 2
    Kiton Black - 2
    LV musk - 2
    Le Dandy - 2
    Lurtens Fumerie Turque - 2
    M7 Fresh - 2
    Mambo - 2
    Noir Epices - 2
    Outrageous! - 2
    Patou Pour Homme - 2
    Paul Sebastian - 2
    Paul Smith Extreme - 2
    Pheromone for Men - 2
    Piper Nigrum - 2
    Pleasures - 2
    Polo Sport - 2
    Quorum - 2
    Romance - 2
    Romance Silver - 2
    Safari - 2
    Santa Maria novella's Musk - 2
    Santal Noble - 2
    Sexual - 2
    Shalimar - 2
    Straight Heaven - 2
    Tea for Two - 2
    Tom Ford for Men - 2
    Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme - 2
    Versace Man - 2
    Very Cool - 2
    Visit - 2
    Winter Star - 2
    YSL L'Homme - 2
    Thanks for doing that! Lotsa tabulating. GIT had more than twice as many as Cool Water (unscientifically speaking, of course).
    Last edited by adonis; 7th August 2009 at 02:57 AM.

Another compliment on Polo Black today by a female coworker. She first yelled out "wow you smell amazing". Then later on she was walking near me, I heard her inhale deeply, I turned around, she had a big smile on her face, she just said, "sorry, I couldnt help myself" lol

Most of the compliments i have gathered from my collection are Allure Homme Sport / L'instant Edp and Green Irish Tweed

Not too long ago when i want to get rid of my girlfriend or meet people i dislike, i won't talk very often and use YSL Korous which makes the last moments like hell.

The girls seem to like Egoiste Platinum and the sweet perfumes in general and the guys like the green scents.

Aramis new west.....when i could find it...

Sur la Plage

When I was at Starbucks recently, both the cashier and barista (girls in their early 20s) independently made the comment "You smell really good". I was wearing Creed Green Irish Tweed.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Without doubt the pre 2000 version of Guerlain Vetiver. This was the greatest scent for a man ever made, the current version is just a pale imitation.

Of those available at the moment, Creed Original Vetiver, Acqua di Parma Colonia, Guerlain Apres Londee and Chanel Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Bulgari AQUA

I lost track of all the female complements I received from this.

Sorry I meant AQUA MARINE by Bulgari. It's way too underrated on here due to the hatred for Aquatics.

I was actually at a bar the other night and had a girl pull me into her by my shirt to get me closer to her so she could smell me... she inhaled deeply and said "oh my god, you smell so good !"

..then one thing led to another and
    Last edited by 1280adam; 15th August 2009 at 03:32 AM.

i got 2 compliments in one day on bulgari aqua

From a female point of view, I prefer a scent on a man that I can only smell if I am in or close to his personal space. Love to lean in for a hug or an introduction and smell a yummy clean confident man. Age irrelevant.

But I'd say with 100% certainty it is the man and how he wears it that counts.

Perfume heresy I know, but the scent *almost* doesn't matter. It's all how you rock it
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Bulgari Aqva MARINE? gave you compliments? Most people here hate that scent over original Aqua....weird..

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Bulgari Aqva MARINE? gave you compliments? Most people here hate that scent over original Aqua....weird..
    People here hate it because it's another aquatic lol. It smells awesome, it just doesn't last more than 3 hours in the summer heat. I carry a sample vial I got from Sephora around with me during the day and I just re-fill it the next morning.

I actually got another compliment this morning at work from it from a female co-worker.

"OoOoo Adam, you smell good !"

People here hate it because it's another aquatic lol. It smells awesome, it just doesn't last more than 3 hours in the summer heat. I carry a sample vial I got from Sephora around with me during the day and I just re-fill it the next morning.

I actually got another compliment this morning at work from it from a female co-worker.

Hmm well I smelled it and still think original AQUA smells nicer, fresher and smoother. Marine smells a bit too "off-scale" if you ask me...

See post below.
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 16th August 2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Revision

Quite frankly I have never sampled anything from Bulgari that was worth a penny. I am no fan of marine notes at all. If some chick is then I probably would not be very interested in her anyway unless of course she was really hot.

TJ
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 16th August 2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Revision!

To each their own..

The notes in Aqua Marine must really like my skin chemistry I guess, lol. I love the way it smells right out of the bottle. Just wish it lasted longer

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    Quite frankly I have never sampled anything from Bulgari that was worth a penny. I am no fan of marine notes at all. If some chick is then I probably would not be very interested in her anyway unless of course she was really hot.

TJ
    I can just imagine an ad in the dating section of the newspaper if you wrote an article..

"...MUST NOT like marine notes in fragrances. If you do, don't even think of replying to this ad."

I can just imagine an ad in the dating section of the newspaper if you wrote an article..

"...MUST NOT like marine notes in fragrances. If you do, don't even think of replying to this ad."

Pretty good one Adam! Point well taken.

Is anyone paying attention here ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    From a female point of view, It's all how you rock it
    Last edited by SoGent; 16th August 2009 at 11:50 PM.

This past week it was Bvlgari Black. Liked it so well she came by for a second time - from behind - stuck her nose to my neck and just huffed. Made a new friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    I am paying attn. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I am paying attn. Why do you ask?
    Just a 'heads-up' to those who are constantly seeking the holy grail.
    TripleX summed it up I thought.

I've got to stand besides 1280Adam here. Not because Blvgari Aqva Marine is a great scent but because it is the basic clean, fresh, aquatic that chicks seem to love. Throw in the fact that it is not an exact Aqua Di Gio clone and you will get COMPLIMENTS and not comments as you would with an overpopular scent.
    Last edited by tbp82; 17th August 2009 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    This fact should have been known before you even joined this site !

Did ya see my sig ??

This fact should have been known before you even joined this site !

Did ya see my sig ??
    Youse mean the 'fox' or was that fax.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I've got to stand besides 1280Adam here. Not because Blvgari Aqva Marine is a great scent but because it is the basic clean, fresh, aquatic that chicks seem to love. Throw in the fact that it is not an exact Aqua Di Gio clone and you will get COMPLIMENTS and not comments as you would with an overpopular scent.
    You got it !

Anything with a clean, fresh, semi-spicy scent to it will get a good reaction from the people that can smell you. Although Bulgari Aqua Marine has been a perfect 4 for 4 this week so far for me, it hasn't not gotten the agressive/forceful attention from the females like original Chanel Allure has gotten me.. but we won't get into detail with that.