Code of Conduct
Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,680 of 6076

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Youse mean the 'fox' or was that fax.
    No no.. I meant this quote:

"I have to tell you, if you are a loser, you are not going to meet ANYONE no matter what cologne you are wearing....."

Just pullin your chain adam .... I understand and agree with you.
    However, there is the blind squirrel effect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    No no.. I meant this quote:

"I have to tell you, if you are a loser, you are not going to meet ANYONE no matter what cologne you are wearing....."

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I am paying attn. Why do you ask?
    This thread makes me LOL. There is no magic scent, ( as my name says TRIPLE AS IF!!) and as we all know, everyone wears everything differently, and we all do NOT like the same things.

One man can melt everyone he meets while wearing Old Spice, and another idiot in Amouage, Tom Ford or { insert fave here } can make women run for the hills.

Be yourself and just don't over apply whatever it is you like to wear. Look her in the eyes when you talk to her and remember her name
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 18th August 2009 at 03:12 PM.

Did he just call me an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    This thread makes me LOL. There is no magic scent, ( as my name says TRIPLE AS IF!!) and as we all know, everyone wears everything differently, and we all do NOT like the same things.

One man can melt everyone he meets while wearing Old Spice, and another idiot in Amouage, Tom Ford or { insert fave here } can make women run for the hills.

Be yourself and just don't over apply whatever it is you like to wear. Look her in the eyes when you talk to her and remember her name
    :toppie: /of thread. Seriously guys, there are so many variables. Guys that go to clubs everynight are bound to get compliments from drunk woman (and vice versa), versus someone who wears fragrance subtely, but leaves perhaps a better impression on woman that are sober (). In the end, listen to others opinions around you, but make sure that the ultimate decision is coming from numero uno.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I wasn't going to post about this but I believe it's time....

There is one fragrance out there that is very hard to get...

Many cannot even pronounce its name properly....

Only a lucky few have had to the chance to try it...

And those men who have been lucky enough to find a bottle of it have never turned back...

One spray and all the women you've ever loved and wanted will see you in a whole new perspective...

You're entire life will change, as you become a walking, talking sexual pheromone...

What's this magically erotic nectar of the sex gods called?

AQUA DI GIO

Obviously I'm exaggerating, but seeing as how this fragrance is enjoyed by everyone and their mother (with the sole exception of Basenotes members), why are there 28 pages and almost 2000 posts to this thread?? If you're new to fragrances and you're reading this, please go buy a bottle of Aqua di Gio and save yourself days and money sampling fragrances to find "the most complimented fragrance in the universe."

And yes, as so many wise people have said in this thread before me, it's HOW you wear it, not WHAT you wear, granted it smells somewhat OK to begin with (like Aqua di Gio!)

I feel better now that I've got that off my chest.
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 18th August 2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Sales thread here

The only woman I must please is my spouse. For that reason, I do not wear any fragrance she does not like. Her favorites change and most recently she has favored YSL Rive Gauche and Guerlain Vetiver. I think she has excellent taste.

With that out of the way, I do not remember the last time I was complimented on the fragrance I was wearing. I do not know whether I should be unhappy about this or just glad at least none has told me to my face that I smell bad. I think I will choose the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    I think the person that may have called you an idiot, is a she.

This last step is very very important !

...You're a goner for sure (no matter how good you smell ) if you don't.

This thread is about which scent gets you the most female comments. With the comment being specifically about the scent, not the person. It's not asking which scent gets you a date, gets you laid, makes the ex jealous, etc. Simply which scent gets noticed by females. Get it?

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by ISmellGood View Post
    Yeah.. girls will just say mm you smell good...
    even if you wear Gillete &quot;Cool Wave&quot; aftershave.
    Old spice is a little too common and will make you yell out &quot;Who's your Gran-Daddy !&quot; once in a while.

At the right time and place any masculine smell that is not too ambitious (or have unusual 'experimental' smells that need to get used too e.g. Dzing !) should work with chicks.

Gotham Chick-Magnet
    Dzing is my love potion. I wear it directly on my underarm without deodorant. It goes with my sweat and body chemistry so well. My girlfriends like me to smell like an animal though. Not clean. I don't know any women who like fresh masculine scents. I feel as if fresh masculine scents only invigorate the wearer, which impart the confidence that gets the attention from women.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    My vote goes to Azzaro Chrome. So far no haters for this edt
    use to wear it 10 years ago. .It's true, women love(d) it even if it's little predicatable/boring today

Chrome is a great scent to wear when you can't decide what to wear. Women love it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Oh gosh so sorry- I did NOT call you an idiot. Or anyone. I aplogize if I offended you as that was not my intent.

What I meant was, even the most stunning/expensive/whatever scent cannot make someone into something they are not.

Meaning: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT COLOGNE YOU WEAR when it comes to attracting a woman (or a man)

Attraction is animal and comes from within. Then, after that initial attraction, there is chemistry. It helps if you smell good, but what smells good to one person might make another gag. And, chemistry can override smell. If there is zero chemistry one can smell like heaven and it won't be enough.

Is this such a tough concept to grasp?

This thread is about what scents gets you the most female compliments? Right. Okay then why are we myself included getting caught up in their is no magical scent. I think that is a giving. But, what is so bad about asking other basenote members what gets them the most compliments? Isn't it just for an interesting conversation? How is it any different than asking what scent is best for the office? You could say there is no perfect office scent just wear what is acceptable in your office building. You know that is a good answer but there is no discussion no substance no compare and contrast.

By the way got a "what are you wearing? it smells so good." On my Versace Man Eau Fraiche yesterday.

If you're new to fragrances and you're reading this, please go buy a bottle of Aqua di Gio and save yourself days and money sampling fragrances to find "the most complimented fragrance in the universe."

Be careful. Here if you are buying a fragrance to get compliments I would say ADG isn't the one. You will get postive comments but they are likely to be just that comments. Also, you could reming her of her ex boyfriend who also wears ADG. Just a warning to be careful. I say test ADG if you fall in love with it buy it if you don't try Chanel Allure Sport or Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by fennec View Post
    Dzing is my love potion. I wear it directly on my underarm without deodorant. It goes with my sweat and body chemistry so well. My girlfriends like me to smell like an animal though. Not clean. I don't know any women who like fresh masculine scents. I feel as if fresh masculine scents only invigorate the wearer, which impart the confidence that gets the attention from women.
    Definitely not so... The majority of the compliments I receive from females are from fresh scents. Allure by Chanel, Nautica Oceans, Bulgari Aqua Marine, A&F Colden... and believe it or not I sprayed JOOP! on at a Sears just to sniff it and think to myself "who would ever buy this ?!" and I was asked what kind of fragrance I was wearing. Maybe she meant that as "hey what are you wearing so that I know to never ever buy that for any man in my life"

It's a matter of taste, true, but who doesn't love a fresh clean scent ?

1280 Adam you said you receive compliments on A&F Colden and that is it a fresh scent. Really Fresh? While I would never buy an A&F fragrance I always smell anything new and when I checked out Colden it smelled exactly like CK Euphoria for Men to me and I wouldn't call Euphoria a fresh scent more of an oriental. But I can see you getting compliments on Colden though.

Colden and Euphoria are very similar, I actually prefer Colden. Too bad the longevity is abysmal.

The following have gotten me the most female attention in the past. Of course, individual skin chemistry is always a factor, but these should work fine.

Perry Ellis 360 White
    Armani Attitude
    Versace The Dreamer
    Essenza Di Zegna
    Banana Republic M
    Banana Republic Black Walnut
    Halston Unbound
    Rochas Man
    Dunhill Desire (red)
    Gucci pour home
    Lagerfeld Photo
    Ralph Lauren Romance Silver

I wore Safari/Ralph Lauren to work today, and was told by 3 ladies that I smelled sexy. (3 different encounters, not all at once.)
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Definitely not so... The majority of the compliments I receive from females are from fresh scents. Allure by Chanel, Nautica Oceans, Bulgari Aqua Marine, A&F Colden... and believe it or not I sprayed JOOP! on at a Sears just to sniff it and think to myself "who would ever buy this ?!" and I was asked what kind of fragrance I was wearing. Maybe she meant that as "hey what are you wearing so that I know to never ever buy that for any man in my life"

It's a matter of taste, true, but who doesn't love a fresh clean scent ?
    Hm, no I don't think so......just yesterday I was standing in line at Starbucks and this guy in front of me smelled so yummy. Not strong but really goooooood. I found myself leaning closer to sniff him and honestly, my mouth was almost watering. I finally asked what he was wearing- Joop!

Ok he was pretty cute but it was all about the smell. YUMS.

Joop is no doubt a magnet. I have a friend who wears it and girls compliment him on it a lot. I even had a girl come up to me at KMART one time when I was looking at the fragrances and say "that smells really good" while she was pointing at a bottle of Joop. Obviously this was here way of opening up a conversation with but still she liked Joop.
    Last edited by tbp82; 21st August 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Hm, no I don't think so......just yesterday I was standing in line at Starbucks and this guy in front of me smelled so yummy. Not strong but really goooooood. I found myself leaning closer to sniff him and honestly, my mouth was almost watering. I finally asked what he was wearing- Joop!

Ok he was pretty cute but it was all about the smell. YUMS.
    That was you ??

haha
    Last edited by 1280adam; 21st August 2009 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    1280 Adam you said you receive compliments on A&F Colden and that is it a fresh scent. Really Fresh? While I would never buy an A&F fragrance I always smell anything new and when I checked out Colden it smelled exactly like CK Euphoria for Men to me and I wouldn't call Euphoria a fresh scent more of an oriental. But I can see you getting compliments on Colden though.
    When i think of oriental I think of Opium or Egoiste... I'll have to revisit Euphoria because I only smelled it once when it 1st came out and compare it to Colden. Luckily still being friends with your old manager at A&F can get you the employee discount so I didn't get Colden for full price

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fennec View Post
    This reminds me of a article I once read about medievil women placing a peeled apple in their armpits for a while to allow their perspiration to saturate the apple meat. They then gave it to their man of choice to allow him to recall her charms via sniffing the apple when he was away from her for an extended period of time, of perhaps even if he didn't leave the area. German medievil custom had the fellow eating the perspiration soaked apple to ensure a good relationship with the woman.

I wonder if this story has been somewhat altered from the description of the actual custom..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I recently got a lot of attention when wearing Yatagan. It was very popular with the girls in accounting, and I quote, "This would be amazing on a good looking guy, but it works okay on you too"

Quote Originally Posted by Inselaffe View Post
    I recently got a lot of attention when wearing Yatagan. It was very popular with the girls in accounting, and I quote, "This would be amazing on a good looking guy, but it works okay on you too"
    Shoulda said to her in response "Thanks ! You know..usually only the good looking girls compliment this cologne, so I appreciate the compliment coming from a different crowd of peoples perspective "

..or something like that, lol
    Last edited by 1280adam; 21st August 2009 at 11:25 PM.

Shoulda said to her in response "Thanks ! You know..usually only the good looking girls compliment this cologne, so I appreciate the compliment coming from a different crowd of peoples perspective "

..or something like that, lol
    \\

Yes sir. You need to be quick on the draw with castrating chicks like her.

This thread is such an useless one as it contains list of all the fragrances available on the earth. Its worth not to refer it.

From my 10 pieces wardrobe in this order:

1. Jovan Musk yes, the cheapest one
    2. B*men
    3. Unforgivable
    4. Body Kouros
    5. Chrome

women age 22-35

Well, I don't get complimented all that often but I have been complimented on the following fragarances:

1. Chanel Egoiste (one of my female friends adores this scent and another thinks it smells like something an old man would wear)
    2. Opium PH EDT
    3. Azzaro Chrome
    4. Kouros Fraicheur (strangely enough a 17 year old girl complimented me on this one)
    5. Gai Mattiolo Uomo

6 compliments from women & 1 from a guy during one single day_ L'Eau Bleue D'Issey_ not bad from a fragrance as some have called it ''smell like rotting vegetables or disposal waste'', I guess my skin likes ''putrid fragrances'' and other people ''putrid'' on me. What we learn from this, listen always only and ONLY your own nose & wear the ones you feel most comfortable wearing!
    Last edited by MemoryServes; 22nd August 2009 at 01:09 PM.

Jil Sander - Sun has been giving me lots and lots of compliments lately.. definently a winner!
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by surileo View Post
    This thread is such an useless one as it contains list of all the fragrances available on the earth. Its worth not to refer it.
    Useless. What do you want this thread to be about. This thread is about what scent gets YOU the most female compliments. Not what is the best scent to pick up chicks. Not how to be a player etc...........this is just a discussion about what scent female compliment you on. By the way Chanel Allure Sport got a few you smell goods this weekend. Kinda surprised as I have never got it to project enough to get those kind of compliments.

That was you ??

haha
    LOL must have been

Kinda surprised as I have never got it to project enough to get those kind of compliments.
    Neg, AHS has a pretty damn good sillage in addition to its great longevity. It's just an intense scent that tires your nose out rather quickly. It's always there, you just can't smell it.

A lady at church gave me a hug yesterday and said I smelled good. YSL Rive Gauche was the culprit. 3 sprays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Neg, AHS has a pretty damn good sillage in addition to its great longevity. It's just an intense scent that tires your nose out rather quickly. It's always there, you just can't smell it.
    Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce to you the defending champion of AHS I give you Sokkou!!!!!!! On a more serious note. AHS is really a great scent and it does get the compliments. I actually do not own a bottle I just used one of those little sample vials sprays they make for you at Sephora. I was wondering is there a difference in using a scent from a sample vial and using a scent from a full size bottle. I am asking would the scent be more intense from the real bottle would you get a bigger spray things of that nature?

Ya, the Allure Homme Sport sprayer sprays a good deal of liquid, almost like a Creed sprayer, and alot more than the little Chanel sample spray they give at Sephora. Because Chanel uses a good deal of real ingredients, the concentration of the liquid over skin per sq.cm or so and the amount sprayed greatly changes the scent. Needs to be sprayed evenly from like 8" or so.

And yes, as always, Hiel AHS.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 24th August 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Mine wasn't a Chanel sample spray it was on of the sprayers they make for you at sephora. That is good news there Sokkou though. AHS has gotten me compliments from the sample and you telling me the real bottle is even more intense really makes me want to go out and get at least a 1.7 bottle soon. The ONLY thing stopping me from buying a bottle so far is that I already own Versace Pour Homme.

Mine wasn't a Chanel sample spray it was on of the sprayers they make for you at sephora. That is good news there Sokkou though. AHS has gotten me compliments from the sample and you telling me the real bottle is even more intense really makes me want to go out and get at least a 1.7 bottle soon. The ONLY thing stopping me from buying a bottle so far is that I already own Versace Pour Homme.
    Ditch that zero, upgrade to the hero

issey two ppl one girl reminded her of my ex, good thing thing they get on and one guy loved it but had never heard of it?

Last night Chanel Allure Sport. Got compliments from 3 different women.

For what it's worth my girlfriends absolute favorite on me is AdP Colonia Intensa (I'm almost 27, she's 22, for what it's worth). Fleur du Male also scores very highly and is another where I sometimes have to pull her head from my chest for fear she'll asphyxiate from sniffing so madly.

She also loves Encre Noire and Amouage Lyric. With taste like that, I think she's a keeper! :bounce:

*I've also gotten a number of compliments on Versace Pour Homme and still maintain that it is a more interesting scent than Allure Homme Sport, although they are sufficiently different to warrant owning both if you like them both.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 27th August 2009 at 02:44 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

*I've also gotten a number of compliments on Versace Pour Homme and still maintain that it is a more interesting scent than Allure Homme Sport

I've been wearing Allure Homme Sport the last few days and yes I have been getting compliments but..........no more compliments than when I wear Versace Pour Homme. To be honest the reaction to the two fragrances from younger women 18-mid 30's s are pretty much equal they love them both. Older women seem to notice the VPH more or at least they comment on the VPH more.
    Last edited by tbp82; 27th August 2009 at 03:10 PM.

Older women seem to notice the VPH more or at least they comment on the VPH more.
    No suprise with notes like clary sage, geranium, and oud.

Fleur Du Male gets women to compliment? as an experiment i had like 30 different females that have been to my house and smelled it....and not one could tolerate it.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Accept! You're back? Perhaps? Oh, and I dislike Fleur de Male immensely, it's super dirty/soapy on me, really weird and LOUD.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sorry because of bumping this thread for a millionth time (since, alas, it is really not my first post on this thread), for getting maybe off-topic and also for repeating an opinion so predictable, that it was most likely said countless times before:
    but if only ONE scent could get ALL female compliments (and also more than just that...) in the world, with mathematical precision and NO exception from the rule, only one fragrance house or only one single sort, brand or variation of a perfume would become an instant bestseller, while most of the other perfume companies would go broke (unless women eventually become immune, or even better product creates new markets and an even tougher competition, unless romantic pursuit and romantic wear are becoming increasingly obsolete, and even if they are instinctive, corporate greed will trigger even stronger instincts and make them trendy, therefore bankable, unless nonsexual reproduction becomes possible, unless asexuality will become the greatest form of interpersonal relations and- oddly-of sexual experimentation, unless perfumes will not only be supposed to get the opposite sex but also cash, immortality, wisdom)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Sorry because of bumping this thread for a millionth time (since, alas, it is really not my first post on this thread), for getting maybe off-topic and also for repeating an opinion so predictable, that it was most likely said countless times before:
    but if only ONE scent could get ALL female compliments (and also more than just that...) in the world, with mathematical precision and NO exception from the rule, only one fragrance house or only one single sort, brand or variation of a perfume would become an instant bestseller, while most of the other perfume companies would go broke (unless women eventually become immune, or even better product creates new markets and an even tougher competition, unless romantic pursuit and romantic wear are becoming increasingly obsolete, and even if they are instinctive, corporate greed will trigger even stronger instincts and make them trendy, therefore bankable, unless nonsexual reproduction becomes possible, unless asexuality will become the greatest form of interpersonal relations and- oddly-of sexual experimentation, unless perfumes will not only be supposed to get the opposite sex but also cash, immortality, wisdom)
    Ken - always the jokester!

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    Fleur Du Male gets women to compliment? as an experiment i had like 30 different females that have been to my house and smelled it....and not one could tolerate it.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, to me FDM smells like rotten flowers and baby's poop. My sister-in-law has been thru 4 babies, so I know what babie's poops smells like. it that's FDM.

I don't quite understand how anyone can like it. =/
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyX View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, to me FDM smells like rotten flowers and baby's poop. My sister-in-law has been thru 4 babies, so I know what babie's poops smells like. it that's FDM.

I don't quite understand how anyone can like it. =/
    I don't get it either, as when I originally sampled it I thought it smelled extremely dirty. The bottle I have now doesn't smell dirty at all - the dirt note I used to detect is now filled in with a woody petitgrain note.

I hated this scent. It was one of the few I had listed as a one star scent. Now, I love it, and if it weren't for the extreme longevity and associated syntheticness I'd give it five stars. I just don't know what changed - my perception or the juice (perhaps it is prone to going off?). I still remember that first testing - 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom mall, scrubbing!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

For what it's worth she didn't think much of it on a card or sniffing the nozzle. After it had been on about 30 minutes though, I practically had to pry her away. I'm assuming she didn't detect any dirt/fecal notes whatsoever as she would have told me - she is quite honest with her opinions of my scents (as I want and told her to be).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Good to see you back man. I've had girls say it smells like a stinky old lady when I let them smell it, but then on a night we go out and I have it on my skin they're like "whoa, what is that? It's so good."

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I don't get it either, as when I originally sampled it I thought it smelled extremely dirty. The bottle I have now doesn't smell dirty at all - the dirt note I used to detect is now filled in with a woody petitgrain note.

I hated this scent. It was one of the few I had listed as a one star scent. Now, I love it, and if it weren't for the extreme longevity and associated syntheticness I'd give it five stars. I just don't know what changed - my perception or the juice (perhaps it is prone to going off?). I still remember that first testing - 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom mall, scrubbing!
    I had the exact same experience... 6 months later I tried it again and loved it. I do get something along the lines of stinky feet, but that's the indoles from the florals in Fleur du male.
    Sales thread here

1) Jaipur by Boucheron
    2) Escada
    3) Gucci Pour Homme II
    4) Drakkar (In High School)

In that order, and all from women (of all ages)

the latest have been Creed MI, Tom Ford Oudh Wood, and Axe Dark Temptation
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

30 women who have been to your house and smelled Fleur Du Male? Do you have a revolving door and doorman?

How many women have you invited for other fragrance surveys, or to check out your etchings?

For Me, in this order it's
    1. Azzaro Pour Homme (been told it smells exceptional on me, must be a body chemistry thing)
    2. Green Irish tweed
    3. Millesime Imperial
    4. Kouros
    5. Polo

Quote Originally Posted by jakekny View Post
    30 women who have been to your house and smelled Fleur Du Male? Do you have a revolving door and doorman?

How many women have you invited for other fragrance surveys, or to check out your etchings?
    revolving door?....i have my own place and dont have any trouble with women. I also have a very very large fragrance collection(for a non basenoter) which draws attraction in itself and typically the bright white torso of Fleur Du Male is usually the first bottle to be grabbed. And seeking(for my own personal satisfaction) their reaction to a 'controversial' scent is not such a bad idea at all.

In case you werent sure double check my screen name again.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com