Code of Conduct
Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,740 of 6182

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    ....i have my own place and dont have any trouble with women double check my screen name again.
    welcome back axe

He could have had a few parties and they saw the collection. 30 women isn't that substantial of a number, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jakekny View Post
    30 women who have been to your house and smelled Fleur Du Male? Do you have a revolving door and doorman?

How many women have you invited for other fragrance surveys, or to check out your etchings?
    Last edited by 1280adam; 1st September 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    welcome back axe
    lol thanks....how you been Aussie.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    lol thanks....how you been Aussie.

been good comrade ....
    remember to put your good old avatar back & keep calling in Axe .

cheers

Dior Homme , Chanel Allure Edition Blanche , Black XS brought me nice compliments !

Ed Hardy Love and Luck

One of my friends complimented me on Green Irish Tweed yesterday night ...this is the first time i had ever recieved a compliment from that infamous cologne.

Random girl in school today said I smell like "class": Dior Homme Sport
    Dont really think it smells all that classy, but I do like the scent a lot.
    Last edited by stevo30; 2nd September 2009 at 11:22 PM.

I used to wear Chanel Allure H'omme Sport but now I have switched to the new Harrod's Limited Edition and I am getting compliment after compliment! Bond has been bringing in the ladies for me!!

Just received a male compliment on Nautica Voyage."Excuse me sir what kind of cologne are you wearing?...it smells GOOOD."
    Last edited by EarNoseThroat; 5th September 2009 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    This thread makes me LOL. There is no magic scent, ( as my name says TRIPLE AS IF!!) and as we all know, everyone wears everything differently, and we all do NOT like the same things.

One man can melt everyone he meets while wearing Old Spice, and another idiot in Amouage, Tom Ford or { insert fave here } can make women run for the hills.

Be yourself and just don't over apply whatever it is you like to wear. Look her in the eyes when you talk to her and remember her name
    Body language, intonation and a decent show of interest. With this holy trinity one does not need a cologne at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayfish View Post
    Well....yeah. This seems like one of those questions that answers itself.

I've never smelled the scent, but your description tells me exactly why it would be appealing. Simple water and clean clothes? Fabulous.

Crayfish
    This is exactly what my female friend said about it. Clean and soapy = clean man= sexy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Body language, intonation and a decent show of interest. With this holy trinity one does not need a cologne at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    This is exactly what my female friend said about it. Clean and soapy = clean man= sexy man.
    Zgb = wise man
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I'm really tired of it, but L'Eau de Issey gets me the most consistent compliments from women.

Channel Pour Monsieur gets some nice feedback. But I'm a "mature" man. It's certainly not a club frag.

Amouage Dia gets me a little traction too.

I fear we're all chasing our tails a bit here. All the forum surfing I do in this category seems to indicate that many of the men's frags women like are usually the most popular and overused.

I suppose that makes sense, but it's a bit annoying for those of us looking for something a little more unique.

Zgb = wise man
    Thank you

Bulgari Black and Le Male got me a compliment, although that was from the same girl.

Compliments aren't really given easily from where I'm from, specially from strangers, small talk just doesn't happen from around here.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Of the frags i have, only Issey Miyake PH Intense got 3 compliments in a day from 3 female co-workers who i don't mingle with that much All said i smell so good and told this is how a real man should smell Guess I'll be putting this frag in my weekly rotation
    My Top 5 : YSL Rive Gauche PH, CD Fahrenheit, YSL M7, Encre Noire, A*Men

I think the connection between scent and memory means the more mainstream frags are going to garner more compliments.

Connection between scent and memory? You are walking a think line here Adonis. What I mean is are these really compliments? When a female says "Ummm Cool Water I love that one" I do not think that is a compliment I think that is a comment about Cool Water. When a girl says "you smell great" I take that as compliment. There are others here who feel the same way. A generic comment about a particular frag does not count as compliments in my book. With that being said over the weekend at a club a girl was close to me and said "you smell really good" out of nowhere we weren't even conversating at the time. Versace Pour Homme strikes again.

I think you missunderstand adonis, he is trying to tell that when some woman give you a compliment, that is because your smell reminds her on some good things happen to her in the past. And the mainstream colognes has better chance here, some obscure niche no matter how good it smell, wil be something new to her...

Hello!!In my experience...........Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier), Cool Water (by Davidoff), Tommy (T.Hilfiger) and Hugo (by Hugo Boss).

I was working out in the advanced weight room today at the Y while my daughter (3 yo) was in Movie Adventures class. I was at the pec deck machine when an attractive 36ish woman approached my left peripheral vision field. She breathlessly intoned: You smell soooooo good. It's such a nice change from what it usually smells like in here.

I said (lied), with a bemused expression on my face, Hmmph! I didn't even know I was wearing cologne and I sniffed my forearm. Oh, I guess I am I said. Thanks! She said, NO, Thank YOU!

Not too surprising, since I look like a 47-yo Brad Pitt.....well....anyway. I saw her a couple of times a bit later and she was scrupulously avoiding looking at me. I inferred that she was thinking: Dude, I like your cologne, I don't like your ugly ass! HA! (matters not, I'm happily married)

The fragrance was HUGO.

creed MI for me

Creed Green Irish Tweed has gotten my compliments from both sexes. 6 from girls, 4 from guys.

Egoiste got some intresting reactions.

I sampled it on my skin earlier and went to one of the VP's room to fix her PC problem. She got intrested in me all of a sudden. (she's 40-50+) and asked me why was my english so good and asked me where was i schooled etc. Before this she never even notice me.

The 50+ year old receptionist commented that i was cute on my 1st trial of using Egoiste. She never said that prior.

Another female VP (also 50+) asked me for my phone number.

this is odd. it keeps getting the old ones! Why not the young ones????!??! gaaaaah

I'm a female and I think Dior Homme is incredibly sexy on a guy. I also love Gucci Pour Homme, it smells like a fantastic lumberyard. Mmmmm lumber.

Personally, a guy's cologne doesn't have much to do with my attraction to him. Does a girl's perfume really have that much to do with whether you find her attractive? I doubt it.

But smelling good never hurts!

Difference in Perception...

I was doused in this fragrance last friday evening...no one mentioned anything about it the whole night....I went as far as asking a few people about their reaction and it was lukewarm at best.

Then I come accross a female who literally walks by me and stops dead in her tracks and doesnt leave me alone for the next half hour until she finds out what fragrance i am wearing.....day after she texted me about how infatuated she was with 'my scent'....

the fragrance in question?

Last edited by acceptfacts; 22nd September 2009 at 05:29 AM.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfizzy View Post
    I'm a female and I think Dior Homme is incredibly sexy on a guy. I also love Gucci Pour Homme, it smells like a fantastic lumberyard. Mmmmm lumber.

Personally, a guy's cologne doesn't have much to do with my attraction to him. Does a girl's perfume really have that much to do with whether you find her attractive? I doubt it.

I do have a very very strong attraction to sillage of women passing by, specially in groups, then I try to guess which one is wearing the scent, so initial attraction ,very much. generally, not really.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfizzy View Post

Not one bit, haha.

Smelling good is just a plus

Tommy
    A&F Fierce
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Why do people assume that the woman who compliments your fragrance has good taste?

I am not sure people think a woman who compliments their fragrance has good taste. I think that it feels good when someone says something nice about you.

Then again, maybe it's more about that they NOTICED... not that they really actually do like it. Kind of like when you see someone with a new haircut, and what you say is "nice haircut", when what you really meant was "I noticed you got your haircut"... not sure if I like it though.

There are many frags like black XS that are just so overpowering that they get ATTENTION, so it's just an excuse for a girl to say something to you, an opener. I doubt that in many cases they inherently actually like the scent.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Then again, maybe it's more about that they NOTICED... not that they really actually do like it. Kind of like when you see someone with a new haircut, and what you say is "nice haircut", when what you really meant was "I noticed you got your haircut"... not sure if I like it though.

There are many frags like black XS that are just so overpowering that they get ATTENTION, so it's just an excuse for a girl to say something to you, an opener. I doubt that in many cases they inherently actually like the scent.
    If someone says you smell good, you're saying it's just an opener ??

JPG Le Male always seems to get a positive comment. Today i got one from a person in my department who has never mentioned my frags before. . . too bad she's in her late 50's. lol

It's always nice to get a compliment, no matter who it's from!

My Creed GIT has garnered zip today...but it has often times before.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    If someone says you smell good, you're saying it's just an opener ??
    Well, not exclusively, but what I'm really saying is that the way we approach scents as masterful blends, smelling the whole drydown, scouring the earth for rare and unusual notes, etc... is one thing.
    I'm suggesting that the reason why some pretty generic or even offensive (especially sweet - Black XS, Joop!, Le Male, etc) get "compliments" are that they just attract a lot of attention. Like wearing a pink furry hat, it's got a bit of shal we say, "mystery", to it. It could be a passing compliment, but I see frag compliments as girls just looking for an opportunity to compliment you. Maybe as a deep underlying sexual type of thing too (like musks and many more earthy, woody type scents. - I find these more hit and miss.)

While I like getting "compliments", I'm not sure how much of it is just "attention" versus actual interest.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Prada's Infusion De Fleur D'Oranger EdP. I've been wearing it all summer and it never fails to attract the compliments of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Well, not exclusively, but what I'm really saying is that the way we approach scents as masterful blends, smelling the whole drydown, scouring the earth for rare and unusual notes, etc... is one thing.
    I'm suggesting that the reason why some pretty generic or even offensive (especially sweet - Black XS, Joop!, Le Male, etc) get "compliments" are that they just attract a lot of attention. Like wearing a pink furry hat, it's got a bit of shal we say, "mystery", to it. It could be a passing compliment, but I see frag compliments as girls just looking for an opportunity to compliment you. Maybe as a deep underlying sexual type of thing too (like musks and many more earthy, woody type scents. - I find these more hit and miss.)

While I like getting "compliments", I'm not sure how much of it is just "attention" versus actual interest.
    This can totally be true. A conversation starter, although if she doesn't like it at all, she is not likely to initiate conversation. Again, the clean "good smelling" man thing is a positive.

Well...I guess what you have to decide is..."do I want to connect with this girl" vs. "do I want to discuss top, heart and basenotes with this girl"

ps- as I learn more about men and their scents I am progressively more embarrassed at complimenting that guy at Starbucks on his Joop
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

This can totally be true. A conversation starter, although if she doesn't like it at all, she is not likely to initiate conversation. Again, the clean "good smelling" man thing is a positive.

Well...I guess what you have to decide is..."do I want to connect with this girl" vs. "do I want to discuss top, heart and basenotes with this girl"

ps- as I learn more about men and their scents I am progressively more embarrassed at complimenting that guy at Starbucks on his Joop
    Hey if ya smell good ya smell good ! lol No matter what the fragrance is. I also got a reaction from a girl on JOOP! (still not sure if it was bad or good, lol).

Basenotes Institution

The best smelling man is ,as 3xasif said- a clean smelling man.
    God knows how many unwashed men go to the gym and they don't know we can smell them. I have had to put a towel on my head ( much to everyone's amusement ) throughout a 1 hour cycle because the guy next to me smelt so bad. I do think my nose is very sensitive too .
    I would much rather smell a clean man or a man with cologne on rather than one who has not bothered to shower at all !
    The original Tommy Hilfiger is wonderful on a man . Drakkar noir- I will keep saying Drakkar Noir ( maybe just one or two sprays )
    I have never smelt Joop for men though.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Clean smelling man? Interesting in that it is such a broad range of what clean can mean. A guy who showers with Old Spice Pure Sport Bodywash will be clean and so will a guy who showers with Old Spice Fresh Bodywash and so will a guy who showers with Khiel's Orginal Musk bodywash but the orginal musk bodywash is not necessarily a clean scent. I know what you mean about a clean smelling guy as in one who doesn't stink but that comment can be very interesting depending on one's idea of clean.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Clean smelling man? Interesting in that it is such a broad range of what clean can mean. A guy who showers with Old Spice Pure Sport Bodywash will be clean and so will a guy who showers with Old Spice Fresh Bodywash and so will a guy who showers with Khiel's Orginal Musk bodywash but the orginal musk bodywash is not necessarily a clean scent. I know what you mean about a clean smelling guy as in one who doesn't stink but that comment can be very interesting depending on one's idea of clean.
    Well a clean smellling man to me,just means one who has showered with soap / shower gel of any kind that morning and applied / not applied cologne of any kind.
    Believe me, I can smell the difference between an unwashed man and a man who has showered and applied anything . Anything including Kiehl's Musk would be better than BO.( Some of these guys at the gym are my friends but I will never hurt their feelings by telling them about the smell I get. I hope another man friend will tell them eventually .)
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Loewe Solo, closely followed by Loewe Pour Homme.
    (I also wear Esencia and Solo Intense by the same manufacturer.) I guess I have an extreme case of brand loyalty syndrome!
    It is impossible for something to be almost unique

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121549.html

This stuff was good back in the day. To me this is the definition of a clean smell.
    Last edited by 1280adam; 24th September 2009 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Let me clarify what I meant.

By "clean smelling man" I meant groomed, with whatever shower gel/soap/lotion/ cologne etc that man likes to use, and what makes him feel good. A man who has made an effort to be clean, not necessarily to smell like soap, or to smell like any particular note. Especially if I feel that man made the effort on my behalf. But, just in general, a well groomed man is a hot man.

I could tell you what men's cologne was a huge turn on, say, yesterday, on a particular man, but that may not work tomorrow, on a different man. Does that make sense?

Btw, I use Old Spice Original & Kiehls Musk shower gel myself
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I understand what you mean. lol at you using Old Spice Original Bodywash and Khiel's Musk bodywash (which is unisex). I have actually gotten compliments after using Old Spice Pure Sport Bodywash before. It is a really good scent and the Cologne version and the Bodyspray versions of the scent while nice don't have the same scent of the bodywash or even the deodorant. Since I have gotten compliments on the Old Spice Pure Sport Bodywash I bet a Cologne or EDT that has that scent would get compliments as well.

I'd never gotten a comment of any sort from a woman about my scent(s), and then two in a fortnight...

The most dramatic one occurred last week when I went to collect my daughter from school.

I was just out of the shower after tennis, and freshly scented. One of the mothers (32, blonde, single, a very yummy mummy) came over to my car to ask me something. When I lowered the window she literally SWOONED! I've never seen such a visceral reaction to anything. She immediately demanded to know the name of my scent so that she could buy it for her new boyfriend. Now, I regularly use her as a sounding board (should that be "smelling board"?) for scents, so over the years she has sampled dozens of scents on arms/back of my hand. None have ever had that effect on her.

The scent was Teck by Molinard, which I had only pulled out from the back of my press that morning for a laugh. Needless to say, Teck will be front and centre from now on!

The second incident occurred a few days later, and again involved a mum from my daughter's school (this time 40, brunette, married, also yummy). I sat down near her and a load of other mums to watch our kids' tennis lesson. She immediately slid over beside me and started sniffing my neck. Then she started guessing what I was wearing.

It got better, as she kept nuzzling my neck to have another sniff, and then got the other mums to sniff and guess as well. The best guess was Armani - but I was actually wearing Kouros Fraicheur.

This happened four hours after I'd applied the Kouros.

So chalk one up to the King!

KF and Teck now have pride of place at the front of my collection, alongside Yatagan, the new Fahrenheit Absolute and my many incense-based scents.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

Quote Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
    egoiste got some intresting reactions.

I sampled it on my skin earlier and went to one of the vp's room to fix her pc problem. She got intrested in me all of a sudden. (she's 40-50+) and asked me why was my english so good and asked me where was i schooled etc. Before this she never even notice me.

The 50+ year old receptionist commented that i was cute on my 1st trial of using egoiste. She never said that prior.

Another female vp (also 50+) asked me for my phone number.

This is odd. It keeps getting the old ones! Why not the young ones????!??! Gaaaaah
    damn!
    Last edited by Zgb; 28th September 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    Why do people assume that the woman who compliments your fragrance has good taste?
    a cynic...and a good question indeed

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    The best smelling man is ,as 3xasif said- a clean smelling man.
    God knows how many unwashed men go to the gym and they don't know we can smell them. I have had to put a towel on my head ( much to everyone's amusement ) throughout a 1 hour cycle because the guy next to me smelt so bad. I do think my nose is very sensitive too .
    I would much rather smell a clean man or a man with cologne on rather than one who has not bothered to shower at all !
    The original Tommy Hilfiger is wonderful on a man . Drakkar noir- I will keep saying Drakkar Noir ( maybe just one or two sprays )
    I have never smelt Joop for men though.
    Joop Homme is zealosly sweet and potent, women, specialy younger, love it on men.

Secret of applying is one spray on chest only + one on the neck maybe, but just maybe.

I have JOOP! on today as my SOTD. I had the wisdom to spray responsibly: two sprays to the chest. No compliments yet.

Every single time I wear Bleecker Street (maybe about once per month), my girlfriend comments on it positively. She rarely comments on any other fragrance I own. I've received compliments on this from others as well.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I am sure some women (and men) have done this: comment on or even compliment a scent to find out what it is because it is just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Every single time I wear Bleecker Street (maybe about once per month), my girlfriend comments on it positively. She rarely comments on any other fragrance I own. I've received compliments on this from others as well.
    i am complimenting you on it right now and im not even next to you....nor am i a female....

it is a wonderful fragrance that will always be in my book as one of the best I'll ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I have JOOP! on today as my SOTD. I had the wisdom to spray responsibly: two sprays to the chest. No compliments yet.
    It is the cold evening scent Trust me, it was noticed despite the lack of compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    I am sure some women (and men) have done this: comment on or even compliment a scent to find out what it is because it is just awful.
    that too , though I'm usually unpleasantly honest. I asked a friend once, on his birthday, ˝what is this scent you have?˝ He answered, I think it was Hugo, don't remember wich one...and I simply complimented him with: ˝it's atrocious˝

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Gotta aim low with the sprayer with JOOP... You want people to guess where and who it's coming from.

If ya spray it too high up (chest, neck, forearms) it's a dead giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Gotta aim low with the sprayer with JOOP... You want people to guess where and who it's coming from.

If ya spray it too high up (chest, neck, forearms) it's a dead giveaway
    One on the torso then, just above belly button I guess...

I have noticed there is some differences in what women in the Female Discussion area claim to like vs. what the Males tend to entirely dislike. One example is Givenchy Pi; there were quite a few women who have said they like the scent, while it seems to be nearly entirely disliked by the Males.

Last edited by vonMises; 30th September 2009 at 07:00 AM.