Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom
    Just because he apparently cares and does not reek of run-of-the-mill grocery store stuff?
    I've thought about this too. I mean, COME ON -- If you're wearing cologne you can buy at the same place you could buy, say, pork.. Something is *very* wrong...

Hm.. I think the response to this thread answers the question that came up in another thread:

> What's the main reason we men wear cologne?

With 3 pages of replies and almost 1500 views to "Which scent get's you the most female compliments?" ...I'd say attention from the ladies is pretty high up on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by more_i_see
    I'd say attention from the ladies is pretty high up on the list.  
    Depends  :P
    I'd say the initial attention/attraction to scent is pretty superficial and subjective. I'll take the "You have really pretty eyes" or "I really like your cute accent" over "You smell really good" any time of the day. Let's face it - it's not that difficult to smell good (a simple soap and shampoo always does the trick for me).

maksidrom

Definetely Royal Water and the unfortunatelly discontinued Cristal de Musc by CSP. How could they ever discontinue this scent??....it was pure sex in a bottle. SMN's Musk another good one!

As I don't mind the occasional compliment from the ladies and I'm looking for new things to try I figured I would bump this thread.

-Justin

1. L'eau par Kenzo
    2. L'eau D'issey pour Homme

It's funny I guess that it should happen with Jovan Musk for Men. It happened twice in a very short time. The guys in the ad department spoke the truth for once.

I almost hate to admit this but I have two bottles on the shelf that I don't particularly care for but know that women love them so there they are. I had Lancome Miracle on a little while ago thinking, "hmmmm, wonder if there's a new guy I could palm this one off on"? when I ran into an occasional gal pal who just lost it over the smell of Miracle. The woman actually bit me on the neck and swore that I was messing around with pherhormones. So it stays on the shelf and the other is the creosote fence post treatment known as Farenheit. I doubt I'll ever come around to this one but it never fails to elicit comment, favorable, from women when I wear it. Oh the sacrifices I make in order to smell good.....

I got the most compliments wearing Davidoff CoolWater .. . I guess the chicks really dig it because it smells so fresh !!

I have the most compliments with Polo classic(green). Have had hundreds of compliments with Polo. Also have gotten lots of complements with Angel for men. Recently discovered my wife's Miami Glow the women love the fresh grapefruit scent. I work in a resort area where I meet hundreds of people daily. I receive comments daily depending on what I were but these are the favorites.

Heritage EdP, since years...

Dali Laguna and Rive Gauche!

Mic.

Bulgari PH, Silver Mountain Water and Rive Gauche.

/mmm

i got a lot out of issey miyake

Usually Gucci Envy gets me a lot of compliments followed by Cool Water.

as far as i could remember boss bottled is leading. but thats probly because i just recently started wearing a*men.

I wore a sample of Geir by Geir Ness and I had one girl who just would not stop trying to smell me!. It does the stuff.

From a random cabbie - Aqua di Gio
    From co-workers -
    male - M7, Bulgari pour Homme
    female - Bulgari green tea, Guerlain Vetiver, Annick Goutal Vetiver, Boss Bottled, Paloma Picasso Minotaur

Last night I got so many compliments from GIT (which I dont wear often. Here are others that work well and the ladies pay attention to.

Dreamer
    Rochas Man
    Lanvin
    Gendarme
    MI
    Swiss Army
    Egoiste Platinum
    Paul Sebastian
    Grigio Perla
    Bulgari Extreme

Balafre by Lancome
    Havana by Aramis
    Boss bottled
    Cacharel pour L'Homme
    Quorum

what do i like the best: eau des iles, piper nigrum, millisime imperial.

what do i get the most compliments on: Green irish tweed, hands down. i was shopping with my wife somewhere and two ladies came up to HER and asked what cologne i had on. she had to tell them where to get it as they wanted it for their husbands. this never had happened in over 20 years of marriage, though once, in a movie theater, someone smelt my polo sport and said aloud, "mmm, some guy smells so clean and fresh and minty)

sam

Usual suspects in this case:

Cool Water
    L'eau d'Issey
    Rive Gauche
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Le Dandy and Eau Savage Extreme.

dolce gabbana pour homme and grigioperla for me are n1

Creed SMW has earned me a lot of compliments over the past few years, however I must admit Green Irish Tweed has been good to me lately.

Last Sunday, I was chatting up this American lady at a night club & she interrupted me & asked me what scent I was wearing, when she discovered that it was Green Irish Tweed, she told me that I had earned two extra brownie points for my choice of fragrance, she said that it was awesome. A few days prior to this, another lady was paying homage to the GIT scent I was wearing. I must admit that on both counts I had forgotten I was wearing the fragrance in the first place.

In conclusion, GIT is a knicker loosening agent. *I'm sure the chaps in the house can testify to this...

Magnnum
    Let your nose be your pilot

when i am asked, what is my favorite cologne, i do not choose GIT. if someone asks me which is the one i get the most compliments on, i say GIT. hands down, by at least a 3 to 1 margin. it elicits strangers, such as i was down an isle in a mens store and some lady asked my wife what i was wearing

sam

do the bottles of creed now have the ingredients on the bottom of a bottle using a clear sticker? my 4 oz bottle has it, and though it smells ligit, this is the first time in 4 bottles of creed, and even 10s of testers, i have seen this. the box did have arabic writing

sam

Sam,

I recently purchased a 125ml bottle of SMW, as my previous bottle was on its last legs. However, I did notice that the new bottle had the ingredients (Alcohol, Perfume, Water) printed on the base of the bottle, in addition there was a white strip with some arabric inscription. Maybe this is the way forward? I can recall some other basenoter making this observation.

Magnnum
    Let your nose be your pilot

Yvan

I've had pretty good luck with Havana and Havana Reserva...also had compliments on Armand Basi Homme and Floris Santal Extreme. I 'spose I might get compliments on Acqua di Gio, but I don't own it! Maybe I should!

believe it or not Kouros actually gets me some POSITIVE comments from my wife and some women at work
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!