Code of Conduct
Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,800 of 6084

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    I have noticed there is some differences in what women in the Female Discussion area claim to like vs. what the Males tend to entirely dislike. One example is Givenchy Pi; there were quite a few women who have said they like the scent, while it seems to be nearly entirely disliked by the Males.

women do like sweet scents on men, but it is not something you'll always talk about. I've noticed how girls also know much more about male scents, tahn males about women scents. Males are almost entirely based on masculine or, from times to times, unisex scents. Women are more cosmopolite in this case (probably not just in this case), whilst men are more conservative. Women sniff more male scents and female scents both, whilst men, when in perfume shop, sniff only stuff for men

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    I have noticed there is some differences in what women in the Female Discussion area claim to like vs. what the Males tend to entirely dislike. One example is Givenchy Pi; there were quite a few women who have said they like the scent, while it seems to be nearly entirely disliked by the Males.

Pi may be disliked by males on Basenotes because they are more discriminating. But men in general DO like Pi, as it sells very well.
    Last edited by Frip; 30th September 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Chalk another one up for Creed SMW - Female co-workers were coming to my office for no good reason, really. One of them asked specifically about it. Probably my most complimented fragrance, and I don't really receive that many compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Frip View Post
    Pi may be disliked by males on Basenotes because they are more discriminating. But men in general DO like Pi, as it sells very well.
    and women love Givenchy Pi on men...trust me

A friend of mine complimented me on my Creed SMW in church this morning. He has complimented me twice. Once on SMW and once on Creed GIT.

Good taste, obviously...

Haha, yeah Chuck, Creed SMW is actually kind of getting pretty predictable as far as receiving compliments...I'm almost starting to get kind of jaded to them.
    Last edited by leor_77; 5th October 2009 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Joop Homme is zealosly sweet and potent, women, specialy younger, love it on men.

Secret of applying is one spray on chest only + one on the neck maybe, but just maybe.
    Maybe?? Hilarious! This is one of the reasons I love this site. I meet BNers who think just like me!

As far as Joop goes, I wore it once (might have been one spray to the neck) and two hours later my GF noticed it instantly. She told me that I smelled like her uncles and her father...Not the impression I was trying to make.

I think compliments from strangers are overrated personally. If that's all I cared about, I would go out and grab a bottle of AdG, Le Male, YSL L'homme, or even Armani Code and DG PH. Its not that hard to find a compliment-worthy scent. That's why those fragrances are popular; however, most of them aren't very interesting or especially inspiring. As long as the women I'm seeing think I smell good, and they always say I do, I don't care for compliments from strangers.
    Last edited by OlfactoryExperience; 5th October 2009 at 08:33 PM.
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garçons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Got a big compliment today from coworker when she sat in my office on Diesel Fuel for Life. I loved this frag on the spray card but i sense a really strong Playdough smell. . which doesnt bother me too much since i used to inhale playdough like cocaine when i was a kid.

Out of my scent wardrobe these have received the most compliments :
    GIT
    Antaeus w/ single spritz Molecule 02 cover
    Bvlgari Black
    Heritage edp
    Rochas Man
    Last edited by SoGent; 8th October 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Maybe?? Hilarious! This is one of the reasons I love this site. I meet BNers who think just like me!

As far as Joop goes, I wore it once (might have been one spray to the neck) and two hours later my GF noticed it instantly. She told me that I smelled like her uncles and her father...Not the impression I was trying to make.

I think compliments from strangers are overrated personally. If that's all I cared about, I would go out and grab a bottle of AdG, Le Male, YSL L'homme, or even Armani Code and DG PH. Its not that hard to find a compliment-worthy scent. That's why those fragrances are popular; however, most of them aren't very interesting or especially inspiring. As long as the women I'm seeing think I smell good, and they always say I do, I don't care for compliments from strangers.
    Compliments from strangers are rare, and to my thinking, irrelevant. One wears fragrance for himself, not others, and that's the whole story.

Joop homme, one on chest then, period...maybe you'll be less uncle-ish then

looooool at that dude who in every post says Thankyou, Jeremy haaha

Last night at Starbucks the girl at the counter stopped, leaned in to sniff me, and then demanded I write down the fragrance I was wearing so she could buy it for her boyfriend.

It was Mugler Miroir des Envies

(Mugler labels it unisex but in store it's marketed to women)

whats MKK?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    whats MKK?
    Serge Lutens - Muscs Kublai Khan

I wouldn't recommend it, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Serge Lutens - Muscs Kublai Khan

I wouldn't recommend it, but to each their own.
    thanks...wasnt planning to buy that one, just saw it mentioned couple of times

A female friend said yesterday that I smelled really nice. Was wearing PR XS Black
    D&G The One / YSL Rive Gauche / Paco Rabanne XS Black / Gucci Envy

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    This thread makes me LOL. There is no magic scent, ( as my name says TRIPLE AS IF!!) and as we all know, everyone wears everything differently, and we all do NOT like the same things.

One man can melt everyone he meets while wearing Old Spice, and another idiot in Amouage, Tom Ford or { insert fave here } can make women run for the hills.

Be yourself and just don't over apply whatever it is you like to wear. Look her in the eyes when you talk to her and remember her name
    Boy, are you high maintenance!
    Next you'll be telling me I should shower more than once a week.

Cheers,

Mario

Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 19th October 2009 at 03:57 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    This thread makes me LOL. There is no magic scent, ( as my name says TRIPLE AS IF!!) and as we all know, everyone wears everything differently, and we all do NOT like the same things.

One man can melt everyone he meets while wearing Old Spice, and another idiot in Amouage, Tom Ford or { insert fave here } can make women run for the hills.

Be yourself and just don't over apply whatever it is you like to wear. Look her in the eyes when you talk to her and remember her name
    Jeez, no need to single me out like that!

:bounce:
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 16th October 2009 at 06:32 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I'm really tired of it, but L'Eau de Issey gets me the most consistent compliments from women.

Channel Pour Monsieur gets some nice feedback. But I'm a "mature" man. It's certainly not a club frag.

Amouage Dia gets me a little traction too.

I fear we're all chasing our tails a bit here. All the forum surfing I do in this category seems to indicate that many of the men's frags women like are usually the most popular and overused.

I suppose that makes sense, but it's a bit annoying for those of us looking for something a little more unique.
    Well . . .if you must insert logic and good taste into this argument---

Somebody wake me up when this thread reaches 3,000 posts.

I'd like to know who won: Acqua di Gio or GIT

BTW I have NEVER been complimented on Carnal Flower, most likely due to the fact that most women are indeed far more familiar with AdG, GIT, Pi, Marc Jacobs, Chanel Allure, John Varvatos, L'Eau de Issey and Joop.
    Also the fact that I don't own Carnal Flower may have something to do with it.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Well . . .if you must insert logic and good taste into this argument---

Somebody wake me up when this thread reaches 3,000 posts.

I'd like to know who won: Acqua di Gio or GIT

BTW I have NEVER been complimented on Carnal Flower, most likely due to the fact that most women are indeed far more familiar with AdG, GIT, Pi, Marc Jacobs, Chanel Allure, John Varvatos, L'Eau de Issey and Joop.
    Also the fact that I don't own Carnal Flower may have something to do with it.

Cheers,

Mario
    Acqua di Gio layered with GIT...it smells like two ex-boyfriends in one.
    Last edited by ortho123; 16th October 2009 at 09:13 PM.

44 year old woman sitting next to me on flight from atlanta to milwaukee asked me what I was wearing because she said it smelled really good. I applied it in the morning, this was many hours later. the scent: Burberry London.

Sweet, boozy....nice....Burberry London that is. Wait, come to think of it, the woman was swilling vodka lemonades and was quite pleasant, so that describes her too.

Burberry Brit. without a doubt.

Yatagan

I have always answered this question with Purple Label as my most complimented scent.....I now have to add Jaipur Homme Edp by Boucheron.....These 2 scents bring in very consistant compliments.....I must also add Armani Code Pour Homme and Antidote by Viktor & Rolf !!!!
    Gary

Wore AG Sables all week.
    Two compliments on how much they liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by ortho123 View Post
    Acqua di Gio layered with GIT...it smells like two ex-boyfriends in one.
    Nice

Chanel Allure Homme

Chanel Allure Homme Sport

Boss Hugo Boss

Terre d'Hermes

These scents provided me several female compliments. Most of the compliments from female coworkers.

Once, on the Street, a nice looking asian girl stopped me and asked me what I was wearing.

I said : Terre d'Hermes ! She even asked me to write it down on paper !

Polo Modern resereve - 1 and surprisingly Cuba gold - 4+
    I have recieved at least 4 compliments on cuba gold and all from strangers. One stranger actually sniffed me up close, she even closed her eyes and inhaled my fragrance like its the best thing ever. She was savoring my smell.
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Wow. My last two purchases are really getting noticed and complimented, which isn't a surprise considering that they've been mentioned many times in this thread:

Jaipur Homme (edp)
    Hanae Mori (edp)

The Hanae Mori explodes with citrus on your skin right off the spray, and then the gourmand qualities, which i usually detest in most frags, really come into play with vanilla and and a slight kiss of chocolate (who knew!) dancing around your body. Women love it. It truly is Angel for men done right and classy..

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Wow. My last two purchases are really getting noticed and complimented, which isn't a surprise considering that they've been mentioned many times in this thread:

Jaipur Homme (edp)
    Hanae Mori (edp)

The Hanae Mori explodes with citrus on your skin right off the spray, and then the gourmand qualities, which i usually detest in most frags, really come into play with vanilla and and a slight kiss of chocolate (who knew!) dancing around your body. Women love it. It truly is Angel for men done right and classy..
    It is great to hear from you again Uppercut. We thought you disappeared someplace in outer space. I own and love Boucheron Jaipur EDP and consider it one of the great modern vanilla / oriental masculines. It truly is golden.

I will make sure to acquire a sample of Hanae Mori EDP. I have heard that the EDT wears weak and somewhat feminine. Hanae Mori EDP is now on my sample list in a major way.

TJ
    Last edited by TigerJuice; 29th October 2009 at 11:46 PM.

Yesterday I was wearing CARON 3ième Homme for the first time at the office and got 2 compliments from 2 females coworkers.

One of them even told me that it's a sexy scent

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    It is great to hear from you again Uppercut. We thought you disappeared someplace in outer space. I own and love Boucheron Jaipur EDP and consider it one of the great modern vanilla / oriental masculines. It truly is golden.

I will make sure to acquire a sample of Hanae Mori EDP. I have heard that the EDT wears weak and somewhat feminine. Hanae Mori EDP is now on my sample list in a major way.

TJ
    I'm honored! I didn't know anyone noticed or cared that i was gone!

I've used samples of the Hanae Mori EDT from Nordstroms and thought it was nice. . two weeks ago I was at a club and the bathroom attendant had quite a collection, including a couple of Creeds. Since I was wearing a cheapie gourmand Dunhill Desire and it'd been 12 hours since application, i grabbed the Hanae EDP and blasted my neck and forearm. I was not prepared for the citrus blast. It hit me in a whole new way and the lemony effervescence didn't dissipate off of my arm for a very long time. It smelled like it was fizzing lemon on my skin. I was with two female friends and none of us could stop sniffing my arm. lol. . . the very next day i went to the mall and got me the EDP.

I've read elsewhere that the EDT has more lemon and the EDP has more vanilla.I strongly DISAGREE with this characterization based on my experience. I even sprayed each on a separate arm and compared. The EDP outshines the EDT in everyway, including the lemon which was the primary factor in my decision.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 30th October 2009 at 02:03 AM.

only once...on Creed Tabarome. But i think she was just trying to make conversation....she was pretty clueless.

But than again, i'm not looking for validation. I know what i like and what i like to smell on myself. The hell with people

So pissed off right now. . an annoying coworker walked into my office and she flipped out, sniffing the air like an animal on the hunt. She asked me what smelled so nice and I said "Carnal Flower" without hesitation because she's not the type to wear frags. .and certainly not niche ones that cost an arm and a leg.

. . well guess what. .. she's getting Carnal Flower for herself now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should've said it was Tommy Hilfiger for Women or something.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

So pissed off right now. . an annoying coworker walked into my office and she flipped out, sniffing the air like an animal on the hunt. She asked me what smelled so nice and I said "Carnal Flower" without hesitation because she's not the type to wear frags. .and certainly not niche ones that cost an arm and a leg.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should've said it was Tommy Hilfiger for Women or something.
    My sympathies with you, dude. Ugh! There's nothing like an annoying co-worker ruining your favorite scents by wearing them.

Without a doubt, the most questions get asked and compliments get paid when I wear Allure Homme Sport. It must be the most underrated cologne out here today.
    Last edited by mi-hooked?; 6th November 2009 at 12:42 PM.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Most complimented is Shalimar parfum, hands down.
    After that comes Prada Amber Pour Homme.

got another compliment. I was wearing Corduroy by Zirh.
    nice cheap cinnamonish alternative to le male.
    Top 5 in rotation: Dior Homme, Pure Malt, Egoiste, Gucci Envy, Platinum Egoiste

Happiness is perfume, you can't pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself.
    -James Van Der Zee

Looking for large CAPS for M7, boss bottled #6, Bvlgari PH and YSL La Nuit

Reminds me of the time where a friend continuously complimented Wall street and kept asking what I had on I was about to tell him the truth, but I said it was Sean John Unforgiveable. Haha you shoulda told her it was Fracas

SMW has gotten the most compliments... its like pheromones in a bottle. GIT, Armani Atittude, Allure Homme Sport and Envy have been in my top 5..

The other day I put on Solo Loewe(man) for the first time, it had a kind of romantic smell. I went out to meet some friends, and I have to cross a street to get to the place where I was meeting the friends.
    There was a red light so I couldn’t cross, a 25ish year old lady who stranded beside me started looking.. and just when the light turns green and we were never going to see each other again (probably) she asks: I'm sorry, but I can't and your scent out of my head... would you care to tell me what you are using?
    Me: Solo Loewe… thank you
    (A three second silence…)
    Her: would you care for my number?
    Me: wow, is the fragrance really that good?
    - And the conversation continued...
    I also got other compliments using Solo Loewe, but this compliment was the most remarkable...
    Last edited by Matti; 6th November 2009 at 11:47 AM.

First of all:
    100%, without a doubt, I always get complimented on Hypnose.

Second, is SOMEbody going for a posting numbers record on this thread??
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

Quote Originally Posted by mi-hooked? View Post
    First of all:
    100%, without a doubt, I always get complimented on Hypnose.

Second, is SOMEbody going for a posting numbers record on this thread??
    Who?? me??

Chanel Allure Homme Sport, wore it once, and got two compliments in half an hour

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's probably been worn to death by a multitude of other men out there, but Allure by Chanel has garnered the most positive female feedback thus far. nothing else I've worn with any semi-regularity (Chaps, CK Truth, Jovan Musk, Coty Musk, etc.) gets much attention, but then again Allure is quite a few cuts above those others, so no big surprise there.

I've been dancing Argentine Tango for the last 6 years and there is nothing quite like it for having a succession of women getting up close and personal, more often than not their nose is in very close proximity to my neck. I have had compliments on a variety of fragrances I use but far and away the one guaranteed to get a positive response is Van Cleef and Arpels Pour Homme.

Since the last time I posted in here, these have gotten some nice compliments by collegues/friends:
    Tom Ford-Moss Breches
    Tom Ford- Tabacco Vanille
    Viktor and Rolf-Antidote
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

At least you can take solace in the fact she's now considerably poorer because of you. I kinda wanna try some Carnal Flower now too, I've heard good things.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

French Lover by Frederic Malle drew an unsolicited 'wow, what's that' the other day.

This now joins C&E Mysore Santal Original, Carnal Flower, GIT, OV, Taste of Heaven and Yatagan as compliment getters from women. Go figger.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 15th November 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Okay so I have counted all votes until page 22 so I wil post the results later in the week after i read all the pages my first post btw
    Last edited by Jonte; 12th November 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    Okay so I have counted all votes until page 22 so I wil post the results later in the week after i read all the pages my first post btw
    wow, congrats for the nerves!

Ultraviolet + Code .... at least 10 compliments

Today people it was Dirty English that did it for me..as i was departing a female friend she said you smell so so good

hanae mori
    creed original santal
    kouros

Not gonna lie guys, I've only ever been complimented on my A*Men (at least ten times though)

I've got female compliments on these fragrances.(from what I remember):
    Aqua di Roma by L. BIAGIOTTI
    Aqua by C.HERRERA
    Aqua Mat by M. MATSUSHIMA
    Au masculin by L. LEMPICKA ( from my wife)

It seems ladies love these scents which start with Aqua ....!

Female co-workers always tend to mention how nice I smell when I wear Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene.

Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum brings compliments my way

If i gave u guys a choice between

Issay Miaki
    212 Men
    GIT what would u guys prefer for summer-spring and maybe fall

issey, it's less expensive and just smells better than the others