Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

How did post #799 get changed in this original thread
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    How did post #799 get changed in this original thread
    Originally, the thread was by itself in the Male Fragrance Discussion section. But then a mod, apparently, merged that topic with this one.

Blog Entries

I just never seen that happen before and confused me, was that post a joke anyway?
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

It would seem to be a joke, but in his previous posts, mrshackleford assured all of us that he was genuinely ugly.

Mrshackleford is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    I just never seen that happen before and confused me, was that post a joke anyway?
    No, because jokes aren't suppose to come out as hostile . Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the original poster and can understand how he feels, but there are certain ways of going about things. But I think some of the posts were helpful.

over the last few weeks i've worn rochas man, rive gauche, bois du portugal, and ysl l'homme. did 3 sprays of each, each time.

not one compliment

maybe people don't compliment in nyc. i dunno. i think i smell like a million bucks. go figure.

I just got my bottle of Rochas Desir. If you're looking for a bottle i got mine on amazon 2oz for $23 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by union1411 View Post
    over the last few weeks i've worn rochas man, rive gauche, bois du portugal, and ysl l'homme. did 3 sprays of each, each time.

not one compliment

maybe people don't compliment in nyc. i dunno. i think i smell like a million bucks. go figure.

i know what you mean, i think it depends, i don't think a perfect stranger will compliment you as a much as someone who knows you

Or they might think you are being hit on if you know what i mean. Sometimes I might hear wow someone smells good

Ones I've recieved compliments on so far:

Hermes Bel Ami
    YSL Kouros
    Art of Shaving Sandalwood

I was in the mall today and this random chick came up to me like "OMGGG YOU SMELL SOOOO GOOD! ITS LIKE SOOO DELICIOUS i just wanna take you back to my place and eat you... (ok, ok. i made up the last part ;P) i was using PI... neo.

In all these pages, no doubt this has come up, but I would guess that when a woman compliments a man on his fragrance, very often she is:

- Trying to make small talk, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Trying to make him or herself comfortable in a tense situation, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Aware that the presence of the fragrance means that he took some effort to impress her, and wanting to reassure him, whether or not she cares about the fragrance.

- Trying to flirt, and doesn't really care about the fragrance.

- Any number of other goals that have nothing to do with the fragrance.

Or, occasionally:

- Actually admiring the fragrance.

So what I'm saying is that not only is a woman not going to be won over merely by a fragrance, but even if a woman _compliments_ the fragrance, her motivation for issuing the compliment may have nothing whatsoever to do with the fragrance.

And, actually, if I found a man attractive, and found his fragrance to be a part of his attractiveness, odds are the very, very last thing I would do is compliment the fragrance. Doing so is just not my brand of flirting.

Crayfish

its half true but I dont think some of your female/male best friends would want to flirt with you and You may notice with ease if she/he wants to pick You up or just complement Your scent, I complemented in my life twice for the fragnance but I didnt want pick her up, so... ?
    lets stick to topic, or i will think You wanna flirt with us
    Last edited by yrk; 29th December 2008 at 09:10 AM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Dolce Gabbana Pour homme rules in this time of the year.

I live in Chile and I m using that bottle every weekday.....Only positive opinions. (from different kind of persons)
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    Dolce Gabbana Pour homme rules in this time of the year.

I live in Chile and I m using that bottle every weekday.....Only positive opinions. (from different kind of persons)
    From different kind of women.....Thats what I want to say....

Now I understand why DG Pour Homme is one of the top sellers around the world. Maybe is a little bit generic, but who cares.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

Sorry Crayfish. I have to somewhat disagree. In some cases you are probably correct. But for the most part when I wear a common Chick magnet fragrance like Gio or LeMale or Dolce &Gabbana, Issey etc. I get many female compliments. When I wear obscure or somewhat mature frags(old mannish) I don;t get any comps and sometimes a fragrance insult.

So basically what I'm am saying, is that certain fragrances are just well liked by many,many women. And I think today's generation of women are not afraid to express their opinion.

Blog Entries

Givency Xeryus Rouge, i like , girls compliment
    Last edited by ausamamira; 15th January 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Default Re: Will Givenchy Pi on an ugly man get comments from the ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshackleford View Post
    Vetiver Guerlain
    Habit Rouge Guerlain
    Polo by Ralph Lauren
    very classy!

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Without any doubt, these will always get you complimented:

1. Le Male
    2. Acqua di Gio
    3. Boss Botlled

Yes, it's that simple, no need for niche scents if you're just looking to be complimented for the scent you're wearing

Others that I got compliments for on a regular base were L'eau d'Issey and YSL L'homme
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 3rd January 2009 at 07:43 PM.

there's no single chick killer imo. not all girls are gonna be into the same things but it seems most of them are into the more popular scents who dudes be using(le male, d&g ph, entire armani line and issey to name a few) i NEVER get compliments when im using something not fresh and fruity smelling...

I know this is not very scientific but I thought some might be interested:

I have been to a strip club 4 times in past few months with 4 different fragrances. I know strippers will say anything to get you to give money and get lap dances, but now I have enough evidence by going back to the same place to find out what they really think. Now here are the results:

1. Body Kouros - every single stripper loved this one to death and the compliments were nonstop

2. Rochas Man - got a few compliments a few strippers paid no notice at all. some loved it

3. Musc Ravaguer - tied with Rochas Man. Some strippers were very intrigued by it and said it was yummy. Others made no comment.

4. Green Irish Tweed - exactly zero compliments which i was shocked.

The winner was Body Kouros hands down.
    Last edited by denec; 3rd January 2009 at 11:48 PM.

Come on, posting about what strippers compliment you on?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Come on, posting about what strippers compliment you on?

Really?

what is the difference? like i said it wasn't scientific but only way to have enough females around 10-15 different females all come up to me and get intimate with me, and i never asked them, they mentioned it first. Like I said of course they are after money, but they never said i smelled good when I was wearing Green Irish tweed at all..when compared to Body Kouros every single one loved it. Huge difference.

Thanks for the tip denec! I'll have to try this one out for myself.

I actually have a thought relating to that. imo fresh and fruity frag are good to get chicks attention in a good way. But manly frags are good to get attention, sexually. Why do chicks do not compliment on manly frag all the time? imo manly frags are good if you sniff it very closely, especially when it has blended with the skin. Fresh frag probably gets to cloying if they sniff it closely. just a thought though

Hello,

Girls are very sensitive about smell, they appreciate well if you are wearing right fragrance, musk works well for me, whenever i use my musk perfumes i got loys of compliments from females.

Regards,
    enrique123

S Cohen Suits

I got the most compliments for "cheaper" scents like:

Kouros
    Cool water by Davidoff
    Gucci Rush
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Kenzo Air

But of course the scents you wear at daytime tend to get the most reaction. If you´re out at night so many different scents disturbe yours. One have to be very close to get a compliment from the other sex

I wanted to continue the discussion of the common compliment getter (Code, Gio, Le Male, Pi etc) vs. the no comment on manly frag argument. I see both sides of this. I can understand where it would be easier for a female to say "that smells nice" instead of "that turns me on" to a stranger. So for the purpose of arguments sake less use Acqua Di Gicrap, Armani Code, Le Male, Issey Miyake, and Dolche and Gabbana Pour Homme as the standard bearers for the common compliment getters. Now from the manly frag doesn't get compliments but are more sexual side of of things what five frags would you guys suggests instead of the five I just mentioned?
    Last edited by tbp82; 7th January 2009 at 02:01 PM.

Denec said "Body Kouros - every single stripper loved this one to death and the compliments were nonstop" I've never tried it though, but I am going to try it definetely. lol

Page 33 of 235 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 133 ... LastLast