Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,980 of 6372

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I just tried my sample of Rive Gauche the other day, since it's so often mentioned in this thread. It smells EXACTLY like Old Spice....yuck!

I got compliments from Bulgari AQUA when at work...it smells great. Not Bulgari Aqua Marine, though, just Bulgari Aqua, in deep dark green bottle. Real nice.

Hmm, Rive Gauche and Azzaro are the kudos collectors for me!
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Creed Millesime Imperial, and Azzaro Chrome all elicit compliments for me. I don't like to use anymore than 3 frags in a given rotation because I like to impart a sort of signature smell to those I interact with on a daily basis, more meaningful I believe.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
    I just tried my sample of Rive Gauche the other day, since it's so often mentioned in this thread. It smells EXACTLY like Old Spice....yuck!
    I agree, it does smell like Old Spice. I think those reporting compliments from it are likely getting them from a more mature demographic of ladies.
    If Polge had replaced Chanel Allure Homme "Sport" with "Fraiche", Basenotes would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    I agree, it does smell like Old Spice. I think those reporting compliments from it are likely getting them from a more mature demographic of ladies.
    Couldn't agree more! All those recommendations of RG to high school guys here on Basenotes are just plain ridiculous.

---
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 22nd January 2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: double post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    Couldn't agree more! All those recommendations of RG to high school guys here on Basenotes are just plain ridiculous.
    Good lord, SOMEONE finally says it. Unless a high school guy shaves a lot and loves the smell of shaving cream or enjoys splashing of his dad's Old Spice, this one's a no-no. I use an electric shaver, so the "barbershop/shaving cream" feel doesn't mean much to me to enjoy it. =/ If someone's looking to get a little bit of extra attention from the younger gals, stuff like Chrome, Allure Sport, Dreamer, Le Male, Burberry London, and the like would do more good for them than something as elegantly refined as Rive Gauche or Terre d'Hermes which requires a bit more of a deeper appreciation for that sort of thing from them (the younger girls).
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 22nd January 2010 at 08:54 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Just a thought on the originator of this thread: I wonder if knows he or she as the case may be is the proud author of a Thread with nearly 200k views..
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd January 2010 at 09:06 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Well I;ve been keeping track of the amount of compliments I receive from the fragrances I wear. I'm around A LOT of women frequently because I'm a male dancer for bachelorette parties on the weekends for some extra cash. So far the highest complimented fragrances for me are...

Rochas Man - it seems every woman in any age group loves this scent, my most complimented.
    Armani Code - popular or not this fragrance receives a ton of compliments, primarily from the younger age group though.
    Polo Modern Reserve - This gets some amazing compliments from the cougars and occasionally from the younger ones since it is a more modern take on the old favorite
    A*Men - this one gets compliments once in a while but when I do get them they're genuinely over the top.

So far those are my highest complimented fragrances with Burberry London being the closest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Good lord, SOMEONE finally says it. Unless a high school guy shaves a lot and loves the smell of shaving cream or enjoys splashing of his dad's Old Spice, this one's a no-no. I use an electric shaver, so the "barbershop/shaving cream" feel doesn't mean much to me to enjoy it. =/ If someone's looking to get a little bit of extra attention from the younger gals, stuff like Chrome, Allure Sport, Dreamer, Le Male, Burberry London, and the like would do more good for them than something as elegantly refined as Rive Gauche or Terre d'Hermes which requires a bit more of a deeper appreciation for that sort of thing from them (the younger girls).
    Honestly, this is totally subjective....Its funny because I thought just like this when I bought this 2 years ago ( I was a sophomore in college). You have to think about this in a different way: young girls are bombarded by this aquatic stuff all the time, and so they quickly recognize Chrome, Allure Sp., and anything from Hollister and A&F (even the common spiciness of Armani Code, Burb. London, and Dreamer). But, if you are the guy who confidently and carefully applies Rive Gauche, you'll be the one leaving a new impression. Honestly, RG isn't as mature as people swear it is. Plus, you've got to take your chemistry into account. It comes off more fresh when I wear it...Here's my suggestion to the high schoolers: get a sample, put it on in the security of your home, and have a young girl who you trust tell you what she thinks. I bet you'll be surprised by her response.

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    You have to think about this in a different way: young girls are bombarded by this aquatic stuff all the time, and so they quickly recognize Chrome, Allure Sp., and anything from Hollister and A&F (even the common spiciness of Armani Code, Burb. London, and Dreamer). But, if you are the guy who confidently and carefully applies Rive Gauche, you'll be the one leaving a new impression.
    I entirely disagree. 95% of chicks will not recognize any scent any further than deciding that you smell A. good, or B. not good. They're only going to pickup on the sensation that what their smelling pleases them or what they're smelling turns their nose up. Sorry mate.

i agree with Sokkou, aint no way a girl gonna be like: ''Oh isn't that Jean Claude Ellena's masterpiece'' lol..

^ Gotta disagree. The girls I know, know all the typical fragrances out there, except they only know the name of the house and not the fragrance itself. Eg. Oouuuhh is that Jean Paul Gaultier... Oouuuhh is that Versace.... Yuck is that old man's cologne..... Ouuhhh is that Yves Saint Laurent?

They know the smells, but not always the names that go with them. You don't wanna be the guy who smells like her ex boyfriend, or the douche that grabbed her boob at a club last week, regardless of whether she knows the name of your cologne.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    ^ Gotta disagree. The girls I know, know all the typical fragrances out there, except they only know the name of the house and not the fragrance itself. Eg. Oouuuhh is that Jean Paul Gaultier... Oouuuhh is that Versace.... Yuck is that old man's cologne..... Ouuhhh is that Yves Saint Laurent?

They know the smells, but not always the names that go with them. You don't wanna be the guy who smells like her ex boyfriend, or the douche that grabbed her boob at a club last week, regardless of whether she knows the name of your cologne.
    Maybe each of them know a few at most, but no typical girl with a typical interest in fragrance knows all of the typical houses, it's not just a reasonable statement to make. Most girls I know enjoy fresher/unisex type scents.

Agreed with Sokkou, I haven't met one girl my age who knows what colognes there are except for Acqua di Gio and Fierce. Chrome's popularity has died down, and Allure Sport isn't very popular yet, which means someone my age can pull them off without smelling like someone's ex.
    Last edited by Jack103; 23rd January 2010 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack103 View Post
    Agreed with Sokkou, I haven't met one girl my age who knows what colognes there are except for Acqua di Gio and Fierce. Chrome's popularity has died down, and Allure Sport isn't very popular yet, which means someone my age can pull them off without smelling like someone's ex.
    Yep, Acqua di Gio, Fierce, and Cool Water are generally all girls know by name, at least in my experience.

I disagree with you guys saying girls don't know the fragrances. You're not giving them enough credit. Most girls I know could tell you is a dude was wearing JPG, it's popularity has died down a bit, but EVERYONE was wearing it not too long ago. And here's a shocker for you all, contrary to what you may think most girls AND guys will mix up ANYTHING fresh. It doesn't matter what it is, ADG, Allure Sport, any of the Versaces, they are all in a category of designer fragrance that is almost interchangeable and whose sillage will most often be associated with Aqua di Gio whether it is or not. I don't know what girls you guys know, but the ones I know generally go to the store and sniff as much as possible when looking for a scent for their boyfriend, so they're more familiar with fragrances than you think.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Whatever you say man.

I love the debate that has stirred on this thread even though my intention was not to cause controversy. Believe me when I say I am a fan of Allure Homme Sport, Bvlgari Aqua, Issey Miyake, and even many other aquatics. They definitely have their place within one's rotation...No argument there. But what I think we as younger guys miss is the importance of memory and how it works with fragrances. Typically fresh fragrances, like those I just listed, smell all the same at a distance, especially to a nose that's not well skilled. So ultimately, you don't really leave a vivid impression that's much different from the next guy when you utilize something with only subtle differences from what's so prevalent (can you imagine someone mistaking your AHS for an Adidas aquatic? It could happen). Furthermore, plenty, and I mean plenty of girls I knew in high school (just 4 years ago) could name at least 5-10 popular men's fragrances off the top of their heads (many of which would have been freshies)...You gotta remember that they see this stuff everywhere: from their BF's wardrobe to the perfume counter at the dept. store - not to mention all the holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries they spend buying their significant other fragrances (its not hard to imagine).

All I want you to consider is that you can make the same impression you are trying to make in a more original way - a way that will set you apart from your counterparts. Believe it or not, in high school my GF LOVED Christian Dior's Dune for men (a fragrance that was more mature and had been out for almost 10 yrs at the time) on me, but found my Cool Water & Lacoste Style-in-Play boring. And though there were several who liked my Lacoste, I never got reactions from it like I did the Christian Dior. Go figure....

Last comment: If you're gonna go with a freshie/aquatic, Allure Homme Sport is a great choice; it shows you've got good taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    Okay so here is the results of all 31 pages

GREEN IRISH TWEED 59
    MILLESIMME IMPERIAL/ CREED 47
    KOUROS + BODY KOUROS 45
    ISSEY MIAYKE LÉAU DISSEY 36
    RIVE GAUCHE 32
    TERRE ´D HERMES 29
    AQUA DI GIO/ ARMANI 28
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER/ CREED 28
    ALLURE HOMME/ CHANEL 27
    EGOISTE + EGOISTE PLATINUM/ CHANEL 27
    ROCHAS MAN 26
    DOLCE & GABBANA POUR HOMME 25
    COOL WATER/ DAVIDOFF 24
    CODE BLACK/ ARMANI 23
    DIOR HOMME 22
    HANAE MORI 20
    M7 + M7 FRESH 20
    ENVY/ GUCCI 19
    MUSC RAVAGEUR 19
    ALLURE HOMME SPORT/ CHANEL 18
    A*MEN/ THIERRY MUGLER 18
    CHROME/ AZZARO 18
    JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE 18
    BLACK AOUD/ MONTALE 17
    PI/ GIVENCHY 14
    ANTAEUS 13
    HAVANA + HAVANA RESERVA/ARAMIS 13
    LÁIR DU DESERT MAROCAIN 13
    OPIUM 13
    THE DREAMER/ VERSACE 13
    BLACK XS 12
    FIERCE 12
    BOIS DU PORTUGAL 11
    LOLITA LEMPICKA 11
    ORIGINAL VETIVER/ CREED 11
    THIERRY MUGLER COLOGNE 11
    BLEECKER STREET/ BOND NO9 10
    CURVE 10
    FUEL FOR LIFE/ DIESEL 10
    GUCCI POUR HOMME 10
    ROSE 31 10
    UNGARO III 10
    BURBERRY BRIT 9
    BURBERRY LONDON 9
    FAHRENHEIT 9
    JAIPUR 9
    L´INSTANT POUR HOMME 9
    MICHAEL KORS FOR MEN 9
    REACTION/ KENNETH COLE 9
    BULGARI AQUA 8
    BOSS BOTTLED 8
    BULGARI EXTREME 8
    EQUIPAGE/ HERMES 8
    GUERLAIN VETIVER 8
    BOSS / HUGO BOSS 8
    JOHN VARVATOS 8
    STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN 8
    YATAGAN 8
    ANGEL FOR MEN 7
    AZZARO POUR HOMME 7
    BEL AMI/ HERMES 7
    BURBERRY TOUCH 7
    ENCRE NOIR 7
    POLO BLUE 7
    POLO DOUBLE BLACK 7
    UNBOUND 7
    CHERGUI 6
    DIRTY ENGLISH/ JUICY COUTURE 6
    ETERNITY 6
    GIER 6
    HIMALAYA/ CREED 6
    JEAN PATOU 6
    JOOP POUR HOMME 6
    LANVIN ´L HOMME 6
    LOEWE SOLO 6
    MUSK KUBLAIN KHAN 6
    MURE ET MUSK 6
    OLD SPICE 6
    PARIS HILTON FOR MEN 6
    VERY SEXY/ VICTORIAS SECRET 6
    XERIOUS ROUGE 6
    AMBRE SULTAN/ SERGE LUTEN 5
    AQUA DI PARMA 5
    BULGARI BLACK 5
    BOGART POUR HOMME 5
    CARNAL FLOWER 5
    DOLCE & GABBANA BY 5
    DUNHILL EDITION 5
    HABIT ROUGE 5
    LIVE JAZZ 5
    OBSESSION 5
    ORIGINAL SANTAL 5
    PENHALIGON CASTILE 5
    PURPLE LABEL 5
    RIVERSIDE DRIVE 5
    TOBACCO VANILLE/ TOM FORD 5
    TUSCANY/ ARAMIS 5
    VERY IRRESISTABLE/ GIVENCHY 5
    WALL STREET/ BOND NO 9 5
    Great work Jonte!! Thanks
    I notice that Angel for men (7 votes) and A*men (18 votes) are listed separately. Its the same dog with different name (licence problem), so A*men should have 25 votes (12th place).

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I disagree with you guys saying girls don't know the fragrances. You're not giving them enough credit. Most girls I know could tell you is a dude was wearing JPG, it's popularity has died down a bit, but EVERYONE was wearing it not too long ago. And here's a shocker for you all, contrary to what you may think most girls AND guys will mix up ANYTHING fresh. It doesn't matter what it is, ADG, Allure Sport, any of the Versaces, they are all in a category of designer fragrance that is almost interchangeable and whose sillage will most often be associated with Aqua di Gio whether it is or not. I don't know what girls you guys know, but the ones I know generally go to the store and sniff as much as possible when looking for a scent for their boyfriend, so they're more familiar with fragrances than you think.
    lol so because they know Le Male and Aqua di Gio, theyre familiar with frags?

just face it, most girls just like the smell or not, they dont know shit about the actual product

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    lol so because they know Le Male and Aqua di Gio, theyre familiar with frags?

just face it, most girls just like the smell or not, they dont know shit about the actual product
    Dro, I can't give you actual examples, but the girls I know when they go shopping, smell the whole place through. So when they smell something they know, they're like oh your wearing Burberry aren't you? I just think I'd like to give them more credit than being able to identify solely ADG.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Dro, I can't give you actual examples, but the girls I know when they go shopping, smell the whole place through. So when they smell something they know, they're like oh your wearing Burberry aren't you? I just think I'd like to give them more credit than being able to identify solely ADG.
    Same story for Burberry and all those other scents they get bomberded with, now I understand what you are trying to say but Im sure (atleast here) if a girl would smell you she would just say ''oh you smell good'', and i think thats what Sokkou was trying to say. I doubt one would actually say something in the lines of ''Oh Un Jardin sur le Nil smells go good on you''

Guys, Guys, if you're seriously following this thread here are some more pointers for you...

It's about who you are, and how you live your life...

If your frag gets a comment, great start, you should be able to kick off a brief conversation about frags from that. If you know what she's wearing you're 1 in 100 in her mind already...

Learn to dance.

Learn to communicate with women in 'women's language' Googling 'Mystery', 'David de Angelo', 'Ross Jefferies' should give you a start. In spite of their obvious marketing angle the skills they impart are of universal use.

HTH

p.s. I'm 50 next birthday, just wish I knew all this stuff 30 years ago, but the internet wasn't invented then

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    As i understand, the top is green but and the drydown is supposed to be like a tea smell?
    Issay=Flowery and 212=Green/Tea but issay last all day? how does 212
    212 Men survived 24 hours and a shower on my skin. (The same skin that makes Rive Gauche smell like baby powder in an hour)

Wear something that reeks and then you'll know she likes you for you. Yeah!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

about to go to a party, le male or john varvatos?

+1 CK Obsession for men wich overshadoved my friends Hugo Boss by far. We were in the club, but I myself could feel that sweet cinnamon aura on me all the time, so could those around me...
    Last edited by Zgb; 24th January 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Dro View Post
    Same story for Burberry and all those other scents they get bomberded with, now I understand what you are trying to say but Im sure (atleast here) if a girl would smell you she would just say ''oh you smell good'', and i think thats what Sokkou was trying to say. I doubt one would actually say something in the lines of ''Oh Un Jardin sur le Nil smells go good on you''
    I'm with you on this one. I have a younger sister and she has a love for fragrances and quite a collection of her own...but she barely knows anything about men's colognes. She always comments how good I smell, then she asks what it is...so it goes with my female friends, and girls I date...

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I have a younger sister and she has a love for fragrances and quite a collection of her own...but she barely knows anything about men's colognes. She always comments how good I smell, then she asks what it is...so it goes with my female friends, and girls I date...
    Gilrs on average don't know squat about men's fragrances apart from a few really popular ones. IE Acqua Di Gio, Cool Water

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    If your sole purpose is to attract women there are a lot of better things to focus on than frags. There's no magic in any of these bottles.

But this is always a fun thread to look in on, and I'm sure it's "stickied" because it fascinates men and it will keep coming up as a question if it isn't always sitting there.

I notice there's no "What frags attract men?" thread in the Female discussion forum. But there is a "What scents do chicks dig?" thread. LMAO
    That's because the majority of guys couldn't care less about what a woman smells like, as long as she showered. Women have a better sense of smell, and things tend to be more about "the mood".

There are a lot of factors in making oneself attractive to women; smelling great is one of them.

A handsome, educated, well-dressed gentleman, with an impressive bank account is a great catch. If he smells fantastic all the time, isn't he more irresistible?

Just remember that there's no luck involved in getting lucky.

Last edited by Spray; 26th January 2010 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Gilrs on average don't know squat about men's fragrances apart from a few really popular ones. IE Acqua Di Gio, Cool Water
    Exactly. Especially AdG and Bvlgari Aqua, at least where I live. Love Aqua very much though...
    Last edited by Zgb; 27th January 2010 at 07:03 PM.

+ GIT
    + Body Kouros
    + Bulgari Soir

Ralph by Ralph Lauren gets me the most female compliments.

seriously guys? do we need approval for the fragrance we want to wear? i agree that we can be denied many things if we dare to resist; but women have different noses than men and they tend to either go along with the flock, like 'she liked it so i must like it'. i know women who made compliment on aqua di gio, diesel and 1 million fragrances all because these were trendy and not necessarily best. also some women like the fragrances that their dad used. so be careful about all that! good hunt!

great work indeed! appreciate. i notice that my favorites are last (AMBRE SULTAN/ SERGE LUTEN 5, AQUA DI PARMA 5, BULGARI BLACK 5, Tuscany/Aramis 5, Encre noire/lalique 7. that proves my point that women's taste vary or they purposely mislead men so that they don't attract other women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadov View Post
    Great work Jonte!! Thanks
    I notice that Angel for men (7 votes) and A*men (18 votes) are listed separately. Its the same dog with different name (licence problem), so A*men should have 25 votes (12th place).

+1 Joop! Jopp! Homme

Quote Originally Posted by counto View Post
    great work indeed! appreciate. i notice that my favorites are last (AMBRE SULTAN/ SERGE LUTEN 5, AQUA DI PARMA 5, BULGARI BLACK 5, Tuscany/Aramis 5, Encre noire/lalique 7. that proves my point that women's taste vary or they purposely mislead men so that they don't attract other women.
    Or women just have very bad taste in men's fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by jcw122 View Post
    Except without the sweetness or spicy oriental characteristic? I don't smell the similarities except that they both smell very old school.

honestly, my Mesmerize for Men by Avon - a $10 frag - has gotten me the most compliments of all time. Go figure.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Believe it or not, F. MAlle's NOIR EPICES. I have searched and tried many perfumes. Before that it was Kilian's Cruel Intentions. CI was too much to pay, so I made the switch to FM Noir Epices; and it as a good move. I wore it in Milan, and a couple of girls came up to ask me what the nice smell was. And on the same day, in the evening, the concierge at the hotel compliement on the scent. Not sure what's going on there, but NOIR EPICES is not a scent that is easy to wear. Go figure.

The first fragrance I ever bought gave me ALOT of compliments : KOUROS by Yves Saint Laurent. My family, then all my friends used to ask me what fragrance is this and said that it is very nice, then the girls were all blown away, if I wanted, I could sleep with one, even through I was 8'th grade ! Yes, that gave me the most compliments, belive it or not and I still were it.
    Then I discovered Opium, Azzaro Pour Homme, Polo, Angel, B Men, JOOP Homme, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, M7, Rive Gauche, Le Male, Fahrenheit, Vetiver, Issey, Pi, Green Irish Tweed, M Imperial, Bois du Portugal, Original Vetiver, Hymalaya, Eternity, Obsession, some Bulgari, some Gucci etc etc. If I wanted one, my uncle could supply me within a week. I have all the fragrance I want.
    Last edited by Yves Saint Lourock; 5th February 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    honestly, my Mesmerize for Men by Avon - a $10 frag - has gotten me the most compliments of all time. Go figure.
    indeed there are gold mine cheapos, for instance Oriflame Soul, a cheapo, is a great rip off of Hugo by Hugo Boss...

Bruno Banani Magic Man, a cheapo, but doesn't smell cheap at all. Even though a mainstream frag, I kind of fancied it and girls love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Haha, I like to see it like this, The reason I love to buy many sample vials is considering the fact that, A, They're frugal and cheap, B, I prefer them as a craft of beauty and less of a rendezvous scent. For me, these omnipotent pieces I talk about are,
    Antaeus, Kouros, Bandit, Yatagan and etc,etc, they are indeed crafted with intricate and fecund measures, Thus can be appalling to the olfaction of a simpleton, though to one whom admires complexion, it is, Ie; an intriguing measure of dynamic colloids and we're wonted to enjoy it as the latter aren't.

So I say, damn right the cheapo's are awesome! frags for compliments!!! I get great compliments for a $30 can of Rive Gauche!

Doesn't bother me one bit! I guess scents are meant to adorn ones pathos!

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, Green Irish Tweed by Creed is the best. I have a serious problem finding it.
    In my country, Creed parfumes are very, very expesive. If you can buy 125 ml in America, in Romania you can buy only 30 ml, because it is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE here, and you can only find 30 ml bottles ! There is no 125 ml, no 75 ml, not even 50 ml.
    If you have this here, then you are the best of the best !
    Another problem I have here is finding Opium pour homme EDP. I couldn't find it online.
    Also, I can't find Habit Rouge EDP, if not the Extrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves Saint Lourock View Post
    So, Green Irish Tweed by Creed is the best. I have a serious problem finding it.
    In my country, Creed parfumes are very, very expesive. If you can buy 125 ml in America, in Romania you can buy only 30 ml, because it is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE here, and you can only find 30 ml bottles ! There is no 125 ml, no 75 ml, not even 50 ml.
    Another problem I have here is finding Opium pour homme EDP. I couldn't find it online.
    Then get Cool Water instead .

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Just few minutes ago:
    + Carolina Herrera Chic For Men

Order online, nordstrom, sephora, they do international shipping (if i'm not mistaken, free shipping, if the purchase is over $50).

I get a lot of compliments wearing Armani Code.
    Last edited by trapper; 8th February 2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

1. Gucci Rush
    2. JPG Le Male
    3. Versace Dreamer
    4. TM B Men
    5. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

- Givenchy Pour Homme
    - Cristobal
    - Allure Homme
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 9th February 2010 at 05:32 AM.

I agree,

9 times out of 10 they will guess wrong. I'm willing to bet most girls won't feel any more impressed by you if you're wearing Creed or Daddy Yankee, as long as it smells "good" and it's not making her nauseous, it's all good.

I just happened to run into this forum today and decided to join. I thought I had too many colognes and was trying to get rid of some and stick to the ones I like best, but by looking at this forum. I have not even started a coleccion yet. It seems that I need to try Creed colognes (MI, Irish tweed, and Himalaya) also Rochas Man, and Terre D'hermes. I will make it a priority to try these colognes next time out.

I receive alot of compliments on;
    Aqua di Gio
    Chrome Legend
    Issey Miayki L'eau dissey
    Dolce and Cabanna Light Blue
    Versace eua Freaiche
    Polo blue
    and just now got Bmen and Amen pure malt and received comments on the first time wearing each.

Which one do you guys recommend the most.

PawelL

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Joop! Homme
    Last edited by PawelL; 10th February 2010 at 11:05 AM.

Joop Homme...well, this my friends shows that you must buy a frag for someone else and a frag for ya'self :P

- Balava

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PawelL

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Balavassassin View Post
    Joop Homme...well, this my friends shows that you must buy a frag for someone else and a frag for ya'self :P

- Balava
    I use it sparingly, and the effect on my skin seems really nice.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by RoteRosen View Post
    Joop! Homme
    If applied properly, women just love it on a man. Period.

idk guys..
    Most young men at my college don't wear cologne, its rather disconcerting. Well, it just benefits me, I get a lot of stares and turned heads

The popularity of cologne doesn't really matter it depends who's wearing it.
    My list is:

Hanae Mori ( Girls love this)
    Armani Code
    M7
    Antaeus
    Burberry Brit, London
    Diesel Fuel For life

& a professor of mine(he's about 26) got complements when he was wearing Burberry Touch

I have built up a pretty substantial collection. The following seem to get me the most positive compliments:

Chrome by Azzaro
    Swiss Army
    Givenchy Blue Label
    212 by Herrera
    Boss in Motion by Hugo Boss just to name a few.