Code of Conduct
Page 336 of 338 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,080 of 10140
o

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Compliment from a women at work. The culprit Santal 33 and it was my first time wearing it.
    Current top 10
    1. Allure Homme Sport
    2. Grey Vetiver
    3. Millesime Imperial
    4. Layton
    5. Bergamote 22
    6. Mugler Cologne
    7. Pineapple Vintage Intense
    8. Green Irish Tweed
    9. Oud Wood
    10. Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    ^ some (most?) people think that the EdT and the Cologne Concentree are so similar as to be redundant. I disagree

To my nose, the Concentree is deeper and richer. Where I get more of the cinnamon/corainder notes in the EdT at the top (spicier), the mandarin and rosewood shine stronger (to me) in the Concentree (making it more opulent and luxurious than the EdT IMO). The rose note is jammy-er, darker, and richer and finally, the sandalwood is deeper, richer, and more prominent in the Concentree (again, completely subjective view). I do like Egoiste EdT, but I LOVE the Concentree - its "swoon worthy", to steal a term I've heard used here - and IMO, if you don't like the EdT, you *might* still like (love) the Concentree. (although, for your sake I hope you don't! Damn, the stuff is expensive!! and SO hard to find)
    Thanks very much.
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Spicebomb Extreme over Christmas. Oversprayed.

Basenotes Junkie

Burberry London for Men, I was told by my female friend that I smell fantastic and was asked what is it.
    Although I don't really care about this fragrance, it's just OK at best for me

Got a sample pack of Ormonde Jayne Elixirs.
    My wife who has a good nose and is not easily impressed thought the Ta'if was ordinary, Royal was decent, Ormonde was OK, and Osmanthus smelled good.
    When she smelled the Isfarkand Elixir her eyes got dreamy. She uttered 2 words...Buy It.

Got a sample pack of Ormonde Jayne Elixirs.
    My wife who has a good nose and is not easily impressed thought the Ta'if was ordinary, Royal was decent, Ormonde was OK, and Osmanthus smelled good.
    When she smelled the Isfarkand Elixir her eyes got dreamy. She uttered 2 words...Buy It.

Check-out woman at the Supermarket (while we're small talking) "can I ask what cologne you're wearing? It smells really good" I told her, she leaned in for another sniff, and upped the compliment- "Wow, yeah. Thats beautiful!"
    egoisteCC.jpeg
    Good luck finding it!
    Rapidly overtaking Fahrenheit Parfum as my most complimented fragrance...

Creed Windsor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    Creed Windsor

Have gotten compliments on this too. Love it

Blog Entries

One of the ladies at the barista asked me for the second time now, “What is the name of your cologne as I want it for myself ?” Answer: It was Aventus Cologne .
    Currently wearing: Aventus Cologne by Creed

X2 for Penhaligon halfeti last night the best of which was....wow that smell says take me to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Yesterday while working at the hospital a nurse who knows me, got close to me and said "omg you smell amazing, what are you wearing today" I said Fahrenheit Parfum. She said she has heard of Fahrenheit, but not "Parfum" I said it's very limited and no longer being made. She asked how I got it and rather than saying a fragrance swap which was what it was, I just said I got it from a friend (seemed easier than having to explain that frag swaps exist LOL). She continues working around me and before leaving she says "OMG I wanna steal you and take you with me" LOL! She's older than me but still attractive.
    you should of asked what’s stopping her lol
    Looking for CREED AVENTUS 4oz(120ml) Bottle PM ME, PAYPAL READY!!!- March 12,2018

Compliment from a coworker: Sauvage EdT.

I really don't think it's that great, but it has gotten a lot of attention from the ladies when I wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Compliment from a coworker: Sauvage EdT.

I really don't think it's that great, but it has gotten a lot of attention from the ladies when I wear it.
    I get a lot of compliments with that one too, but always afraid to wear it to work figuring it will be too strong just curious how many sprays you did for work?

AB + Cashmere got me compliments by a pretty female coworker, nothing better to start the day!

Aventus...lol
    "Colourless green ideas sleep furiously."

Totally unexpected compliment for Caron 3rd Man.

I was so taken back that I thought the “what are you wearing?” line was code for “you’ve got ketchup all over your top” or something like that!!

Received a decant of EROLFA yesterday. An hour after application I went to the bank. Almost immediately, the lady at the counter grinned and said "I don't know what you're wearing..... but it smells soooooo good.". Then her colleague came over and complimented me as well. We all chatted for a bit about fragrances and I explained to them what niche houses are. Then a THIRD lady came over and leaned in to smell me and asked me to write it down on a piece of paper. It felt like I was in one of those stupid AXE commercials. I always get compliments my first time sampling Creed fragrances, without fail. It's just stupid. Bye Bye bank account.

EDIT: This one smells really close to MI in the dry-own (very Play-Doh like). The opening is so much better though (just wish the top notes lasted more than 30 minutes). So far enjoying it far more than MI. May just be a summer staple for when things aren't -40C like they are now :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    Received a decant of EROLFA yesterday. An hour after application I went to the bank. Almost immediately, the lady at the counter grinned and said "I don't know what you're wearing..... but it smells soooooo good.". Then her colleague came over and complimented me as well. We all chatted for a bit about fragrances and I explained to them what niche houses are. Then a THIRD lady came over and leaned in to smell me and asked me to write it down on a piece of paper. It felt like I was in one of those stupid AXE commercials. I always get compliments my first time sampling Creed fragrances, without fail. It's just stupid. Bye Bye bank account.

EDIT: This one smells really close to MI in the dry-own (very Ply-Doh like). The opening is so much better though (just wish the top notes lasted more than 30 minutes). So far enjoying it far more than MI though. May just be a summer staple for when things aren't -40C like they are now :-\
    Good for you! My new bottle should be here tomorrow.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    EDIT: This one smells really close to MI in the dry-own (very Play-Doh like). The opening is so much better though (just wish the top notes lasted more than 30 minutes). So far enjoying it far more than MI. May just be a summer staple for when things aren't -40C like they are now :-\
    Agreed on MI similarities. When I wore it recently, it had a lot of the same feel as MI, minus the melon. Seems like Erofla was the precursor that gave us MI.

I don't get Melon (or much musk) in the modern batches, which is quite sad. It's all lemon and salty play-doh.

DHI last night

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    DHI last night
    From who, your ex?

Nerf Herder

Since adding a clothing application, GIT has gone from my "under the radar" fragrance to being consistently complimented. Been a very nice surprise

Aventus is still a certified boxer dropper though

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Aventus is still a certified boxer dropper though
    Its weird, dudes seem to LOVE Aventus. I've gotten maybe one compliment from a woman, but multiple guys have asked me what I'm wearing and expressed love for it..

For the poster who asked about Dior Sauvage application before work: On to the chest and one light spray one each wrist. I really use it lightly.

Forgot to use the quote reply feature.

Yesterday, at a funeral, I got a hug and a wide-eyed squeal of delight over my fragrance. She LOVED Office For Men!
    My Signature Lineup: Ambre Tabac, Green Leather, Alexandria II, MFK Baccarat Rouge 540, Grand Soir, Spice & Wood, Vetiver Geranium, Royal Mayfair, Pardon, Roja Dove Enigma, Jubilation XXV, Prada L'homme, AVENTUS, GIT, Clive Christian C and X, Herod, Velvet Orchid, Black Orchid, Layton, Layton Exclusif, Pegasus, ADP Colonia, Leather Concentree,Tuscan Leather,Noir de Noir, Oud Wood, Noir Extreme, APOM, BEL AMI, Genghis Khan, Reflection Man, Kalemat Black, Cedrat Boise, Interlude Man,

Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    Yesterday, at a funeral, I got a hug and a wide-eyed squeal of delight over my fragrance. She LOVED Office For Men!
    I’ve been complimented on my singing at funerals, but never my cologne choice. At least you brought someone joy in a sad setting.

#1 - Creed Aventus. I have had women stop dead in their tracks, turn around and come back to me. Asking what cologne I was wearing or just to compliment the fragrance.
    #2 - Acqua Di Gio Profumo. Not a head-snap and turn around like Adventus ... but many compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Fudddawg View Post
    #1 - Creed Aventus. I have had women stop dead in their tracks, turn around and come back to me. Asking what cologne I was wearing or just to compliment the fragrance.
    #2 - Acqua Di Gio Profumo. Not a head-snap and turn around like Adventus ... but many compliments
    There is no doubt that Aventus and Green Irish Tweed are my Top 2 all time for compliments.

Page 336 of 338 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 334 335 336 337 338 LastLast