Code of Conduct
Page 34 of 106 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,040 of 6355

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

+1 for Clive Christian No.1
    Has anybody tried niche ? They give you the most female compliments. For sure.
    No.1 is so complex... You just can't imagine how complex it is till you try it. Certainly the best in the world at that.
    Also try:
    Bond No.9 New Harlem or Central Park. They are EDP and cost like 330 USD for a big bottle (3.3 fl.oz.)
    Straight to Heaven (By Kilian)
    Cuba ! cologne (Czech & Speake) very good, for men & women. 210 + USD
    Feuilles de Tabac (Miller Harris) EDP, no more than 200 USD, I promise.
    1872 for men (Clive Christian)
    Nasomatto Duro Extrait de Parfum (one of my favourite male scents) 175 - 190 USD
    Nasomatto Absinthe Extrait de Parfum (very unusual, turns me on)
    Or this:
    http://www.madisonperfumery.com/inde...acturers_id=31

PawelL

the classic Bijan Bijan Men. I use it VERY sparingly, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yves Saint Lourock View Post
    No.1 is so complex... You just can't imagine how complex it is till you try it. Certainly the best in the world at that.
    Also try:
    Bond No.9 New Harlem or Central Park. They are EDP and cost like 330 USD for a big bottle (3.3 fl.oz.)
    Nasomatto Duro Extrait de Parfum (one of my favourite male scents) 175 - 190 USD
    Or this:
    Or you can take all that money and stuff it in your shirt. That'll create some monster sillage.

*please, it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Or you can take all that money and stuff it in your shirt. That'll create some monster sillage.

*please, it's a joke
    A good one, too!

According, to the following study, baby powder will get you laid big time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/10/dining/10erotic.html

"In one small experiment on sexual response to food scents, vaginal and penile blood flow was measured in 31 men and women who wore masks emitting various food aromas. This was the study that found men susceptible to the scent of doughnuts mingled with licorice. For women, first place for most arousing was a tie between baby powder and the combination of Good & Plenty candy with cucumber. Coming in second was a combination of Good & Plenty and banana nut bread."
    Last edited by Spray; 15th February 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Versace Man Eau Fraiche - Lot of good comments. Specially one coworker.... !

Also, Versace l'homme - Wich is very similar as Chanel Allure Homme Sport - Very popular with female coworkers.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    So smelling nice is a good thing, regardless of how many compliments you actually get. It may not always be appropriate to pay a compliment, but that doesn't mean you don't get noticed. Actually, I wish more men would wear cologne because I rarely come across it except for my brother and one co-worker who always smell good.
    Wise words jacona. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche - Lot of good comments. Specially one coworker.... !

Also, Versace l'homme - Wich is very similar as Chanel Allure Homme Sport - Very popular with female coworkers.
    I agree on Versace Eau Fraiche, I had a lot of compliments with it.

I have ordered:
    Bvlgari Aqva
    Hanai Mori
    Rochas Man

Looking to try some of the Creed perfumes soon. Does anyone know where I can get some samples to see which one I like best. I am interested to try MI, GIT, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal and a few others. Of course, I am not going to get them all at once, but may look into 1 or 2.
    Last edited by Scentdawg; 16th February 2010 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post

*please, it's a joke
    absolutely, sometimes harsh truth...a good car too creates a monster sillage!

Also try:
    Or this:
    When No.1 came out I went to my local Clive Christian shop and got some samples and I thought it was the most magical thing I had ever come across. Then I got a bottle and it was a major disappointment. I recognised it as the same scent, but I didn't enjoy wearing it. I'll have to give it another try.

I am adding to my list. I have decided on going blind and getting YSL Rive Gauche and Kourus, along with Terre D'hermes, Egoiste by Chanel,Rochas Man, and Hanoi Mori. I went blind and bought Michael Kors yesterday and wore it today only to sit here and as I type and still smell the woody undertone on my skin. I figured if you were right on mihael Kors so I might as well take a risk and add to my collection and pick from the top of the list. I also tested and tried Burberry London which I liked and ordered but did not like Brit so much. My next buy will be a Creed selection. I was thinking Millesime Imperial since is at the top of the list but a blogger here recommended something different.

What do you recommend from the Creed Collection?

Quote Originally Posted by dawgmedman View Post
    I am adding to my list. I have decided on going blind and getting YSL Rive Gauche and Kourus, along with Terre D'hermes, Egoiste by Chanel,Rochas Man, and Hanoi Mori. I went blind and bought Michael Kors yesterday and wore it today only to sit here and as I type and still smell the woody undertone on my skin. I figured if you were right on mihael Kors so I might as well take a risk and add to my collection and pick from the top of the list. I also tested and tried Burberry London which I liked and ordered but did not like Brit so much. My next buy will be a Creed selection. I was thinking Millesime Imperial since is at the top of the list but a blogger here recommended something different.
    What do you recommend from the Creed Collection?
    It would seem that ppl who preffer London are usually not overly impressed by Brit. Brit is a bit sharper and not as much elegant by my opinion, although it has some touching points with London. London has more popularity on this site than Brit, non the less that Brit has more reviews in the directory.

Hey...just when things couldn't look any more Mellifluous...I got three Eulogies amongst me! From the revered Azzaro PH!

Awesome day!! ..they said I smelt very manly!!

Many thanks to them!

And Take care my B'N family!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    It would seem that ppl who preffer London are usually not overly impressed by Brit.
    I really like the cinnamon, the port wine and the sort of cherry notes in London. However, while I can handle tobacco and leather on their own, its the combo of the 2 in London that I do not like. Plus it seems to descend to just these 2 notes in under an hour.

London reminds me of a 'Gentlemen Private Club', the sort of place Bertie Wooster would go for a quiet tipple with his chums.

Brit comes across as much younger. The Ginger is a fresh spicyness, and those more elegant scents dont tend to be fresh. I'm not fully convinced that the Rose has been done in a way that suits men, but its not there all the time, it only sometimes has the upper hand over the spices, but this keeps my interest. The zing of the Ginger and the powdery Rose has a fizzy effect, like sherbet. Whats more British than 'Orange Sher...Bert' ?

I have not received Kourus yet, but I was out at the mall today and decided to see If I could find it and find it I did. Although, I think that I may not have liked what I found. I put one small spray on my wrist and instantly I smelled what many people describe as the urinal/semen smell. As soon I saw my wife, she asked me what was that smell I was wearing and it was not in a come here big Papa kinda way. Needless to say, I don't know what is all the hoopla about this scent. I guess I am going to try it again to see if the next application have better reviews. But I believe that this may be the first fragrance that has been heavily recommended on this board that does not fit my pallate. However, I am kinda fearfull that Rive Gauche, Jazz and Opium that I just ordered may be disappointments also. I guess I'll find out when they come in.

I am still going to try Creed. I have ordered 9 decanted scents to see which one I may like. I hope I am not dissapointed with this choice also. I have been very happy in adding Bvalgari Aqva, Rochas Man (whom all the girls at work went gaga over), Hanae Mori, (Burberry London, Armani code, Terre D'hermes, Egoist, Angel IceMan) which I am yet to receive. I guess I am not so sure about YSL, it may not be the house for me. I'll find out when my order comes in.

... However, I am kinda fearfull that Rive Gauche, Jazz and Opium that I just ordered may be disappointments also. I guess I'll find out when they come in.
    Don't fear those other fragrances (Rive Gauche PH, Jazz and Opium) based on your Kouros experience. Those three are all masterpieces, and appealing to all sentient beings.

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    I really like the cinnamon, the port wine and the sort of cherry notes in London. However, while I can handle tobacco and leather on their own, its the combo of the 2 in London that I do not like. Plus it seems to descend to just these 2 notes in under an hour.

London reminds me of a 'Gentlemen Private Club', the sort of place Bertie Wooster would go for a quiet tipple with his chums.

Brit comes across as much younger. The Ginger is a fresh spicyness, and those more elegant scents dont tend to be fresh. I'm not fully convinced that the Rose has been done in a way that suits men, but its not there all the time, it only sometimes has the upper hand over the spices, but this keeps my interest. The zing of the Ginger and the powdery Rose has a fizzy effect, like sherbet. Whats more British than 'Orange Sher...Bert' ?
    Brit is indeed bit sharper, fresher. I myself did not give this one a proper chance of course. When I tried London I easily discarded the Brit option. Brit is one of those on my list that need to be put to test, a proper test.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    Don't fear those other fragrances (Rive Gauche PH, Jazz and Opium) based on your Kouros experience. Those three are all masterpieces, and appealing to all sentient beings.
    Thanks for your vote of encouragement. I think Rive Gauge I may like. Jazz may be OK. I am worried about kourus and Opium. I am trying to change my last order and replace Opium with Habit Rouge by Guerlain. I have only tried Homme from this house and liked it.

I've gotten the most compliments when I wear regular Curve.

got my first real one yesterday wearing rochas man.

girl at resteraunt counter: oh you smell so good!

me: who me?

girl: yes what are you weariing....

me: thats just my natural scent...

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    got my first real one yesterday wearing rochas man.

girl at resteraunt counter: oh you smell so good!

me: who me?

girl: yes what are you weariing....

me: thats just my natural scent...

lol that reminds me, I caught a glimpse of my sister watching Friends today and some old lady was telling people guess what perfume she was wearing and to sniff her with such an over enthusiastic glee. They did and she said she isn't wearing any and Phoebe replies with "Ooooo...musky!"

Kinda random but it's what I thought of when I read that haha.

Creed Millesime Imperial BY FARRRR!

JPG le male
    and
    Chanel allure

my top two for compliments, I like Le male decently and girls love it, but allure has grown into one of my favorites for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I've gotten the most compliments when I wear regular Curve.
    Ditto. Always my most reliable compliement getter. I wore it after 4 montgs and cashier at a store made a comment.

I have to say Ive received some frisky compliments about Tuscan Leather today !!!

Also try:
    Or this:
    Being new to fragrances, this post went right on top of my head. Therefore, I did not really get the comment that followed it on the thread. However, now that I have experienced Xmen and know the price tag. I understand the great sense of humor. But I must say, this comment is very good. I myself have made a note to try some of these fragrances. Thanks for the input.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Those would be scents that I got as gifts from women and never really cared for... For instance L'Instant de Guerlain, Clinique Happy, Dior Fahrenheit and the rest of such bestsellers. The only ones that were both bought by me and then complimented repeatedly by women were Chanel's Pour Monsieur Concenrate and Hermes' Terre des Homme Parfum version.

I have not received Kourus yet, but I was out at the mall today and decided to see If I could find it and find it I did. Although, I think that I may not have liked what I found. I put one small spray on my wrist and instantly I smelled what many people describe as the urinal/semen smell. As soon I saw my wife, she asked me what was that smell I was wearing and it was not in a come here big Papa kinda way. Needless to say, I don't know what is all the hoopla about this scent. I guess I am going to try it again to see if the next application have better reviews. But I believe that this may be the first fragrance that has been heavily recommended on this board that does not fit my pallate. However, I am kinda fearfull that Rive Gauche, Jazz and Opium that I just ordered may be disappointments also. I guess I'll find out when they come in.

I am still going to try Creed. I have ordered 9 decanted scents to see which one I may like. I hope I am not dissapointed with this choice also. I have been very happy in adding Bvalgari Aqva, Rochas Man (whom all the girls at work went gaga over), Hanae Mori, (Burberry London, Armani code, Terre D'hermes, Egoist, Angel IceMan) which I am yet to receive. I guess I am not so sure about YSL, it may not be the house for me. I'll find out when my order comes in.
    1 stinker doesn't ruin a fragrance house.
    Your wife will love the other 3 YSLs.

I haven't smelled Jazz enough to comment.

Opium needs to go in the closet when the temperature goes over 70F, but it's sexy and spicy after the hot pepper dies in 10 minutes.

Rive Gauche is what a man should smell like, and I have gotten nothing but compliments on it. I do 4 sprays to the sternum when it's cold and 2 sprays when it's warm. I don't like to spray it on exposed skin because it can easily overwhelm.

Sell Kouros on eBay before you receive it. Live Jazz will kick ass this spring. Buy it for cheap directly from Amazon with the money you get from selling urine.
    Last edited by Spray; 9th March 2010 at 07:58 PM.

I got a nice compliment on Burberry London at church on Sunday. Nice lady in her 50's after giving me a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post

Opium needs to go in the closet when the temperature goes over 70F, but it's sexy and spicy after the hot pepper dies in 10 minutes.

I tried Opium and liked it, but the wife didn't so I still have not bought it. I already have about 8 scents the wife does not like (guerlain vetivier, guerlain L'instant,michael kors, Boucheron,Jazz, L'anarchiste, ungaroIII and a few others. So, I am holding on buying something she does not like.

Rive Gauche is what a man should smell like, and I have gotten nothing but compliments on it. I do 4 sprays to the sternum when it's cold and 2 sprays when it's warm. I don't like to spray it on exposed skin because it can easily overwhelm.

I got Rive Gauche and love it. I think you are right, is what a man should smell like. I had a lady that kept taking deep inhales behind me but never gave me a comment, but I knew she liked what she was smelling.

Sell Kouros on eBay before you receive it. Live Jazz will kick ass this spring. Buy it for cheap directly from Amazon with the money you get from selling urine.
    I was able to cancel the order on Kourus and Opium and instead got Rive Gauche and Body Kouros and I cannot be happier with the switch. I think these two scents are going to work for me.

Got a compliment from one of our female Doc's today, stating that she liked what I had on. It was chrome legend, which I had put up while wearing some of my new scents. I guess Legend works for me so I may keep wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post

I tried Opium and liked it, but the wife didn't so I still have not bought it. I already have about 8 scents the wife does not like (guerlain vetivier, guerlain L'instant,michael kors, Boucheron,Jazz, L'anarchiste, ungaroIII and a few others. So, I am holding on buying something she does not like.

I got Rive Gauche and love it. I think you are right, is what a man should smell like. I had a lady that kept taking deep inhales behind me but never gave me a comment, but I knew she liked what she was smelling.

I was able to cancel the order on Kourus and Opium and instead got Rive Gauche and Body Kouros and I cannot be happier with the switch. I think these two scents are going to work for me.

Got a compliment from one of our female Doc's today, stating that she liked what I had on. It was chrome legend, which I had put up while wearing some of my new scents. I guess Legend works for me so I may keep wearing it.

Received huge multiple compliments on how much a lady loved Mazzolar Lui.

I used to get a lot of compliments if somebody caught Escada's Sunset Heat on me within the first 2 minutes. Same goes for IZOD, Daddy Yankee, Nautica Sunset Voyage and Corduroy. But those are only very complimented if somebody catches a whiff of those top notes. In general I get a good amount of compliments from both Cuba Gold and Fahrenheit. I'd say overall most complimented though would be Corduroy, I have gotten 50+ compliments easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    I've noticed how many people here talk about the compliments they receive for wearing fragrances.

That's so nice! I never get any compliments from strangers :-/ Êno negative comments either, people just don't say anything (except when they're drunk - good old Dutch courage!)

regards,
    Marcello
    HAHA! i totally agree with you, no one has ever stopped me in the street and been like "omg what is that youre wearing rawwwr". the only people that would compliment me would be the girls in my office. They always ask what i'm wearing today (i'm such a fragrance hog... i cant believe I didnt know basenotes.net existed.. Anyways!!). The only time someone asked what i was wearing was out of pure disgust and it was Thierry Mugler A*Men (which is one of my all time favourites) her exact words were..."OMG what are you wearing you smell like a woman who has spilt coffee all over herself".

^^ I always get complimented on what I'm wearing, it never fails. Maybe it's just because I'm insanely sexy and it gives women an excuse to talk to me.. Ehh

^^ I never get complimented on what Im wearing. Never fails too. Maybe it's because I'm so gorgeous it's intimidating. hahaha

^^ lol

Creed's Silver Mountain Water - never fails to impress, don't even need to wear it, just to mention its name around women invokes swooning.

Quote Originally Posted by lunoar View Post
    Creed's Silver Mountain Water - never fails to impress, don't even need to wear it, just to mention its price tag around women invokes swooning.
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 13th March 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokke View Post
    I think this is more likely to be true than the afore mentioned. I am sure there are not too many women that are familiar with Creed much less one certain fragrance. However, money all women understand and know well.

DeepSilence

untill now for me just:
    Opium, Dunhill (Brown) , Jaquar (green bottle), Cartier Pasha

Kouros
    This urine has got me the most compliments by far.

DeepSilence

And something else I forgot! Curve for men (1996)
    I think you should try it. Every woman i saw loved it.
    (sorry for my bad english skill)

Hamid,
    English skills are fine. I am kind of surprise by Pasha. I owned it at one time and gave it to my brother. My wife did not like it and at that time I would try to wear things she likes. i am just now trying to branch out and have a few scents she does not like one of them Guerlain Vetiver, Boucheron, and Michael Kors.

Jimmi,
    my wife hates and I mean hates Kourus. She has threaten that if I buy it she will throw it in the trash. I own kourus body and she can tolerate it. I $myself did not like kourus that much but after seeing all the great compliments it gets i may just sneak it into my collection. I am going to think about it. One thing I can say about Kourus, there is nothing else like it out there. It's a very bold statement and unforgetable for sure.

DeepSilence

dawgmedman,
    Recently i tested one of the Diesel's perfumes, but i don't know which one it was. It had very long last, and spicy, and it was kind of modern perfume
    maybe it was "Only The Brave" , or , "Fuel For Life Pour Homme".
    If your wife prefers modern perfume, try to find Diesel, or Curve. I hope she will like them

i am just now trying to branch out and have a few scents she does not like one of them Guerlain Vetiver, Boucheron, and Michael Kors.
    Guerlain Vetiver must be liked by all women, no?

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Guerlain Vetiver must be liked by all women, no?
    It seems most women don't like Guerlain Vetiver, it seems like a scent guys wear because they like it rather tahn a compliment whore fragrance lol
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    It seems most women don't like Guerlain Vetiver, it seems like a scent guys wear because they like it rather tahn a compliment whore fragrance lol
    I think I may have to agree with that, since I have never been complimented on Vetiver. Although, I had one lady said "oh, that smell reminds me of my grandfather when I was little" I just said, he must have good taste of fragrances.
    Just got Amen Pure Coffee and wife likes it. I am thinking about buying Bond No 9 New Haarlem. What do yo guys think, Should I get this or should I just buy another pure coffee and keep it for later use? I had a hard time finding it to begin with.

LOnewolf,
    so, in your sig, you have La nuit d'homme twice. Does this mean you want it twice as much as all the others?.
    Last edited by Scentdawg; 18th March 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Today several compliments on Aramis JHL

Two unsolicited compliments while wearing Carven Homme...Its been very dependable lately (and very long-lasting).

All-Time Compliment-Garnering Scents (in my experience):

1. Burberry Touch (almost too many compliments)
    2. Live Jazz
    3. Carven Homme (moving up quickly)
    4. Kenneth Cole Black (surprisingly)
    5. Lolita Lempicka (great projection)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    Kouros
    This urine has got me the most compliments by far.
    what's there to say, women love piss bwhahahahaha

The one Ive gotten the most compliments on is CK ONE which I have only had a sampler for the longest time but it seems to have lasted me a really long time and Ive used it almost every day. It's definitely going to be one of the colognes I get a much larger bottle of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    what's there to say, women love piss bwhahahahaha
    I guess all women but my wife. I been wanting to buy this urine, but she keeps threatening that she'll throw it in the trash the first time I wear it. What's so bad it projects like a lighthouse at sea and last as long as a woman's whine.(That's a long time my friend)

In last few days i got couple compliments on Prada Amber ....and Le Male ( again )

I guess all women but my wife. I been wanting to buy this urine, but she keeps threatening that she'll throw it in the trash the first time I wear it. What's so bad it projects like a lighthouse at sea and last as long as a woman's whine.(That's a long time my friend)
    Kouros is ˝evil˝ Such a strong fellow. One day, I'll own it, so I said to myself!

Rush by gucci ( female version )

yeph..had a male friend who complimented it on me....

we became lovers eventually.....

and got complimented by female students wearing

halston z-14

crave by calvin klein

I am about to order Kourus online. She finally agreed to it as long as I quit buying fragrances for a while. I guess I a going on a little spree. It's going to be Bleeker Street, YSL pour homme, Kourus, Egoiste, and Gucci.

I got complimented today by a group of Hispanic Ladies while Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Also, A-men got me a few compliments at the office, not so much luck with A-men pure coffee, but who cares I loved how it smelled on me :-)
    Last edited by Scentdawg; 21st March 2010 at 01:38 AM.

The only compliment out of My collection was from Green Irish Tweed and MI.

Clive Christian #1 got the comment that I smelled like their Aunt.

I have that bottle on e-bay as We speak.

For myself, Armani Code and YSL - L'homme have given me the most compliments (I don't use my other 10 frags as often)

Quote Originally Posted by goldslinger View Post
    The only compliment out of My collection was from Green Irish Tweed and MI.

Clive Christian #1 got the comment that I smelled like their Aunt.

LOL that happened to me when i was weating YSL pour homme.....but she told me i smelled like an old folks nursery