Code of Conduct
Page 35 of 256 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 7678
  1. #1021
    exquisitely me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cleveland Area, Ohio
    Posts
    372
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Jacona was spot-on when she said women notice a scent even if they don't say anything. After all, to the rest of the world (non BNers), experiencing another person's scent is a very intimate thing, and its a little awkward to tell the random guy in the cereal aisle that he smells really good.

    I've always assumed complimenting fragrance would be taken as obvious flirting, and refrained unless I was genuinely interested. Now I'm curious what you guys think. Do you take these comments at face value or do you suspect there's more going on?

  2. #1022

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Erie Pennsylvania
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    Jacona was spot-on when she said women notice a scent even if they don't say anything. After all, to the rest of the world (non BNers), experiencing another person's scent is a very intimate thing, and its a little awkward to tell the random guy in the cereal aisle that he smells really good.

    I've always assumed complimenting fragrance would be taken as obvious flirting, and refrained unless I was genuinely interested. Now I'm curious what you guys think. Do you take these comments at face value or do you suspect there's more going on?


    I think it depends on the situation and the context that the compliment is given. I usually enjoy the comp and move on. If I think the girl is being flirtatious, I'm sure there will be other signs of that.

    BTW EM, I will be in the Cleveland area tonight to listen to a great band (Festivis) and drink some great beer. And i will be smelling damn fine, so be sure and compliment.
    Last edited by russnug; 31st January 2009 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #1023

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    1. Red Aoud
    1. White Auod
    1. Chanel Platinum
    1. L instant Geurlain

  4. #1024
    exquisitely me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cleveland Area, Ohio
    Posts
    372
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by russnug View Post
    I think it depends on the situation and the context that the compliment is given. I usually enjoy the comp and move on. If I think the girl is being flirtatious, I'm sure there will be other signs of that.

    BTW EM, I will be in the Cleveland area tonight to listen to a great band (Festivis) and drink some great beer. And i will be smelling damn fine, so be sure and compliment.
    Thanks for the input, russnug. Hope you have a blast downtown!! Smelling damn fine always helps.

  5. #1025

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    For the record, I, for one, have only ever been complimented TWICE on the fragrance I was wearing. Once, by a female client (I'm in the medical field) on Gillette's Cool Wave aftershave, and once by a female coworker when (oh, you know, back when I was "younger") I was wearing Really Ripped Abs by Bod Man body spray. Neither one of them was "interested" in me, nor I in them. I took note of the compliment, blushed a little, and moved on.

    So compliment on, ladies, compliment on. Nothing makes a man happier than a woman noticing something about a man's body/appearance. And very rarely (correct me if I'm wrong, fellas) do we AUTOMATICALLY assume that woman is "interested" in us.

  6. #1026
    gupts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    S/E suburb
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by olafurson View Post
    Nothing makes a man happier than a woman noticing something about a man's body/appearance.
    For some men, there is atleast one exception to that

  7. #1027

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Lately it has been Desir by Rochas - even men have stopped me (not gay men either) and said wow you smell fantastic. One woman at a show I was in kept coming up to me and smelling me because it turned her on.

    No other fragrance has had the effect on women that this does. And I have a large collection,
    "show you were in"??

    ..are you in "the Biz"by any chance????
    Currently wearing: L'Homme Sage by Divine

  8. #1028

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    AdG, GIT, and MI are the only ones that have given me unsolicited comments. Twice I've had people actually come up to me and sniff me when I was wearing GIT...
    Current Wishlist: Vetiver Extraordinaire, Rousse & Opus 1870

  9. #1029

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    what are "AdG, GIT, and MI" short for?

  10. #1030

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Acqua di Gio
    Green Irish Tweed
    Millésime Impérial

  11. #1031

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Assumes-

    Aqua Di Gio- Giorgio Armani
    Green Irish tweed- Creed
    Millesime Imperial- Creed
    As above, so below.

    'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

    Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

  12. #1032

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    much obliged

  13. #1033
    Sunnyfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,511
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Ummm...Acqua di Gio, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial. Oh, someone beat me to the punch!

    Someone waaaaay up there mentioned Xeryus Rouge. I was going to get my husband YSL L'Homme which is a very elegant men's scent, but I think he needs to have XR, too. And I'll have to borrow it.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 4th February 2009 at 10:16 PM.
    Currently wearing: Arpège by Lanvin

  14. #1034

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Can someone help me out who has both of the following (or has tried both):

    Which one has more compliments.....Kouros Tattoo or Kouros Fraicheur?

  15. #1035
    Emlynevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    1,211

    Post Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I don't often get compliments from random strangers but I suppose I can be intimidating to approach sometimes. I ought to work on that...

    Monday around noon, however, I ran into a good acquaintance who I had not seen in several months through no particular fault of our own. I am not really a "hug person" and neither is she but it seemed appropriate under the circumstances so we attempted a cursory embrace...or at least, *I* did.

    In the morning, I had applied about half of a 1mL vial of Voleur de Roses to my chest and wrists with the intent of giving it a full-day's wearing. I've noticed that some scents seem to absolutely ignite on me after I apply them, traipse about in the cold for a bit, and then come back inside, which is exactly what happened just prior to the encounter with my friend.

    The story doesn't get much more interesting, except that I felt her take a deep breath before exhaling and the hug itself lasted rather longer than I had expected. Not to the point of awkwardness (she is much too attractive for that to be possible, crude as it sounds) but I was certainly taken aback by it.

    Typing this now, I can't stifle a wry smile. The wet rose-bouquet metaphor seems to have struck a chord with her especially, although I myself preferred the opening and the demurer latter stages of the drydown.

    I didn't receive a compliment per se, nor was I looking for one, but the reaction was far more interesting than any verbal acknowledgement could have been, I think.

  16. #1036
    exquisitely me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cleveland Area, Ohio
    Posts
    372
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    I don't often get compliments from random strangers but I suppose I can be intimidating to approach sometimes. I ought to work on that...

    Monday around noon, however, I ran into a good acquaintance who I had not seen in several months through no particular fault of our own. I am not really a "hug person" and neither is she but it seemed appropriate under the circumstances so we attempted a cursory embrace...or at least, *I* did.

    In the morning, I had applied about half of a 1mL vial of Voleur de Roses to my chest and wrists with the intent of giving it a full-day's wearing. I've noticed that some scents seem to absolutely ignite on me after I apply them, traipse about in the cold for a bit, and then come back inside, which is exactly what happened just prior to the encounter with my friend.

    The story doesn't get much more interesting, except that I felt her take a deep breath before exhaling and the hug itself lasted rather longer than I had expected. Not to the point of awkwardness (she is much too attractive for that to be possible, crude as it sounds) but I was certainly taken aback by it.

    Typing this now, I can't stifle a wry smile. The wet rose-bouquet metaphor seems to have struck a chord with her especially, although I myself preferred the opening and the demurer latter stages of the drydown.

    I didn't receive a compliment per se, nor was I looking for one, but the reaction was far more interesting than any verbal acknowledgement could have been, I think.
    Who needs a verbal compliment? A sniff like that is worth a thousand words.

  17. #1037

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    it's Terre d'Hermes. I was in office. working late, dark and quiet. A lady from Human Research Department knocked my door, and asked me about what kind of scent i wore that she apparently noticed it at the meeting earlier in the morning. So, now she also wears TdH and I suddenly stop to wear it in office hour. hehehe

  18. #1038

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    I don't often get compliments from random strangers but I suppose I can be intimidating to approach sometimes. I ought to work on that...

    Monday around noon, however, I ran into a good acquaintance who I had not seen in several months through no particular fault of our own. I am not really a "hug person" and neither is she but it seemed appropriate under the circumstances so we attempted a cursory embrace...or at least, *I* did.

    In the morning, I had applied about half of a 1mL vial of Voleur de Roses to my chest and wrists with the intent of giving it a full-day's wearing. I've noticed that some scents seem to absolutely ignite on me after I apply them, traipse about in the cold for a bit, and then come back inside, which is exactly what happened just prior to the encounter with my friend.

    The story doesn't get much more interesting, except that I felt her take a deep breath before exhaling and the hug itself lasted rather longer than I had expected. Not to the point of awkwardness (she is much too attractive for that to be possible, crude as it sounds) but I was certainly taken aback by it.

    Typing this now, I can't stifle a wry smile. The wet rose-bouquet metaphor seems to have struck a chord with her especially, although I myself preferred the opening and the demurer latter stages of the drydown.

    I didn't receive a compliment per se, nor was I looking for one, but the reaction was far more interesting than any verbal acknowledgement could have been, I think.
    you need to be a writer my friend....the depth of feeling and emotion that your words added to that simple story is quite simply astounding......you have a talent. Real talent.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  19. #1039

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    In the morning as we're leaving the hotel room, I'm often asked what I had sprayed on my chest the night before. Answer: Joop! Homme. A sigh followed by "omg...mmmm" is what I always hear. Say what you will, but this stuff handles business with the ladies.

  20. #1040

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I always used to get complimented when wearing Emporio Armani He but I always got more compliments wearing the He White which is now sadly discontinued

  21. #1041
    Emlynevermore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    1,211

    Arrow Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by exquisitely me View Post
    Who needs a verbal compliment? A sniff like that is worth a thousand words.
    Yes, sometimes words unspoken are the most valuable of all.

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    you need to be a writer my friend....the depth of feeling and emotion that your words added to that simple story is quite simply astounding......you have a talent. Real talent.
    That's very kind of you.

    Until recently, most of my efforts of a literary sort were directed in praise of my twin beloveds: Fiorentina and Liverpool.

    A disappointing month of January for both clubs has left me rather short of song, so the opportunity to analyze something important to me that also ended positively was too good to pass up.

    I forgot to mention that another female friend of mine reacted positively to Hermès Concentrée D'Orange Verte on Thursday, with words to that effect, but does not like Caron Le 3ème Homme, which is my favorite scent in my growing Wardrobe. In any case, my female friends generally fall on the "Vocal" side of the Outspokenness Spectrum so at least I do not waste time wondering where they stand on something.

    But that's probably why I am friends with them in the first place...

  22. #1042

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    On a different note, ive nearly gone through this whole thread and it seems like Body Kouros has got loads of mentions....not tried it. But I might buy a bottle at £20 online, yeah buying blind a big risk

  23. #1043
    Rumblefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Clubroom Tom Ford
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Gio, for sure. Also been complimented on Rive Gauche (fairly often), on TDH, and most recently on Pi.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

  24. #1044

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    M7 brought me some kudos during a romp last night

  25. #1045

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Don't you think M7 smells too medicinal? When were you wearing it? is it good for an everyday type of fragrance, with any clothes.

  26. #1046

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I have gotten compliments wearing:

    Castile by Pehaligons
    Eau de Merveilles by Hermes
    Eau d'Orange Verte (spray liberally on clothes and it stays)

  27. #1047

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Quote Originally Posted by NDinDC View Post
    We've talked about it before - Canoe by Dana. I've got a dozen Creeds and 50 other scents and the ladies love my $8 a bottle Canoe.
    Ditto... except for the Creeds.

    Sure, it does come down to body chemistry...but Canoe is great. This is a go to fragrance for everyday... and in many ways a masterpiece. It is at once clean, assured and seductive...gentlemanly but not too respectful, if you know what I mean...

  28. #1048

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Can't believe no one mentioned Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

    I know it seems rather linear, but every time I put it on, girls get closer to me to get a second (or even third) sniff.

  29. #1049

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    Creed - Silver Mountain Water by far, when I'm attending class in college.


    When I'm out on the town it's Bvlgari Black and 'oddly enough' Armani city glam. It doesn't get mucht praise here on basenotes but it seems to work on my skin. Wouldn't be a re-buy though...

  30. #1050

    Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

    I always get compliments when wearing Boucheron's Jaïpur Homme EDT and EDP.

Page 35 of 256 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What do you really think of female compliments?
    By sharilstuff in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 15th August 2015, 11:22 PM
  2. Most female compliments for a Niche Fragrance?
    By jcepiano in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 3rd December 2014, 05:18 AM
  3. Which male fragrance gets NO female compliments...
    By Ken_Russell in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2010, 03:42 PM
  4. Which scent gets you NO female compliments?
    By fjord in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 13th February 2010, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000