Code of Conduct
Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,100 of 6138

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

ysl l'homme
    kenneth cole black
    dior homme
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

Tied between my 2 favorites - Dolce & Gabanna + Armani Code. Keep it simple and you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    Tied between my 2 favorites - Dolce & Gabanna + Armani Code. Keep it simple and you can't go wrong.
    What gets you compliments in the summer?

I get good use out of D&G year round, and plenty on Acqua Di Gio but I try not to use it much because it's very common out here and I'd rather not smell like every other Joe. Arizona heat is very dry, so I'd like to find a good aquatic scent to counteract that but I can't find too many that really get my attention.

Angel men for sure

Le Mâle, unfortunately. Too powdery and sweet for my taste, but apparently on my skin it smells divine to the ladyfolk - I get compliments left and right. My #2 compliment getter is women's Obsession...fine by me, I love it as much as they do. But nothing for my beloved Azzaro Pour Homme or Mugler Cologne? Really, ladies? Really?

Just wait till I get my hands on some Kouros, gals...I'll have to swat you all away with a stick. And while I'm at it, you can tell your single gay male friends about me, because that's all I really want to attract anyway!

This fragrance thing is so confusing.

Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge got me 4 compliments in one weekend, which I was quite surprised about. 2 female co-workers, 1 male co-worker and a relatively old lady.

" You smell nice, what's that?" or " Wow, you smell clean" lol.

I got my Bleeker Street, Riverside, YSL Kourus and Pour Homme. Can't wait to put them to a test. Got compliments at work yesterday wearing Lolita Lempicka. Wore it for the first time and it stayed all day long. I could still smell it when I left work around 830pm after getting ther at 830am. That's 12hrs staying power, WOW.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by dawgmedman View Post
    I got my Bleeker Street, Riverside, YSL Kourus and Pour Homme. Can't wait to put them to a test. Got compliments at work yesterday wearing Lolita Lempicka. Wore it for the first time and it stayed all day long. I could still smell it when I left work around 830pm after getting ther at 830am. That's 12hrs staying power, WOW.
    Its crazy but that length of longevity is pretty standard for Lolita Lempicka. I thoroughly enjoyed all the positive feedback i received while wearing it. Word to the wise: don't overspray or where it too often...that powdery dry down can become old after a while if experienced too harshly or too often.
    Last edited by OlfactoryExperience; 24th March 2010 at 10:42 PM.

wore New Harleem for the first time and had to go to my daughter's Soccer match, My wife and I got in the car heading out. She looked at me and said "what are you wearing? You smell like a capuccino and a doughnut, I could eat you up." Coming from her that's a great compliment. I may have to wear that one night when we go out on a date ;-)
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Clearly, a continuing trend is that though BNoters prefer more "refined" fragrances, the vast majority of the population will stick to the "generic" guns

Talking Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

really without being so compliment iam believing in diesel fuel for life it works well with ladies i can add saying and modifying its name to be fuel for love ,,, it knocks hard try it never regret

Diesel Fuel for life and Azzaro Chrome legend this year

Multiple compliments on PG's L'Ombre Fauve today.

1 - Bvlgari Aqva
    2 - Chanel sport
    3 -G.I.T by creed

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Just wait till I get my hands on some Kouros, gals...I'll have to swat you all away with a stick. And while I'm at it, you can tell your single gay male friends about me, because that's all I really want to attract anyway!
    lol, that small section made my day. in a way

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    Le Mâle, unfortunately. Too powdery and sweet for my taste, but apparently on my skin it smells divine to the ladyfolk - I get compliments left and right. My #2 compliment getter is women's Obsession...fine by me, I love it as much as they do. But nothing for my beloved Azzaro Pour Homme or Mugler Cologne? Really, ladies? Really?

This fragrance thing is so confusing.
    lol , Le Male is a nice frag, a lot of ladies like the bottle and presentation. It is very well made, good quality.

+1 Gucci Envy for men. Great scent, so warm and erotic, I love to wear it...

I never get any compliments with the perfumes.

I have been complimented on Royal english leather too

Well, my mum complimented me on Versace The Dreamer today lol

my mom likes d and g light blue, virgin island water and b men

Recently, Silver Mountain Water and John Varvatos Rock Vol. 1 have been fetching compliments. The SMW, in particular, seems to really entice women to inquire as to what I'm wearing, while the JV seems to have a more physical effect, which I call the "can I bury my face in your neck?" response!

Default Whats some of the latest fragrances that make women bend over?

Been out of the fragrance scene in the past couple years because I just had too many in my collection and made myself a goal that I wouldnt buy anymore until I cleared some of my bottles out. Now that I have, Im back into the scene but not sure whats new and whats hot.

Default Re: Whats some of the latest fragrances that make women bend over?

Please see the sticky at the top of the men's forum. This is a commonly asked question.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments
    Last edited by Primrose; 5th April 2010 at 07:34 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Please see the sticky at the top of the men's forum. This is a commonly asked question.
    But rarely is it asked in such a classy, distinctive manner.

Regards,
    T

Classy thread title :P.

I find that the women I hang around with LOVE Unforgivable by Sean John. They could care less about MI but love Unforgivable, which is weird. I also got David Beckham 'Signature' a week or so ago and have had many compliments on it.

Quote Originally Posted by crispsandwich View Post
    Classy thread title :P.

I find that the women I hang around with LOVE Unforgivable by Sean John. They could care less about MI but love Unforgivable, which is weird. I also got David Beckham 'Signature' a week or so ago and have had many compliments on it.
    A David Beckham fragrance got you compliments? Really?

...It depends what they're bending over for..... To throw up???

A David Beckham fragrance got you compliments? Really?
    Yep; indeed it did. I recommend 'Signature'. It doesn't last an amazingly long time (3-4 hours on me - other reviews I've read have had far worse longevity) but it smells fantastic.

throw up, yeah no kidding. You'd really have to get a dim-witted slut to "bend over" as he says. The frag is just part of the package. If it weren't then guys who look like Steve Buscemi (http://thehostages.files.wordpress.c...ve-buscemi.jpg) would be getting action just by wearing Unforgiven or Opium.

Anyone remember the creek scene in the caveman movie Quest for Fire? That's what bend over reminds me of....

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3032194816/tt0082484
    Last edited by Duncan; 5th April 2010 at 08:41 PM.
    “Government big enough to supply
    everything you need is big enough
    to take everything you have.”
    Thomas Jefferson

The scent of a grammatically correct sentence, along with the proper usage of commas and apostrophes, smells excellent to most women.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    The scent of a grammatically correct sentence, along with the proper usage of commas and apostrophes, smells excellent to most women.
    I'm writing this sentence down. This is possibly the greatest comment to any thread, of any forum, I haver ever read!

I'd bend over backwards to match it!

I actually like the thread title (no joke). I'd say check out Green Irish Tweed by Creed. Or check out some video reviews by Tim or Mark on youtube.

Hey I just got back from the shop. I smelt Burberry London - didnt like it, way too high pitched for me. They didnt have creed (plus they said its also over $100, too pricey for me).

I ended up getting Rocha for Man! First time ive smelt it today but i fell in love with it. Plus good reviews on here.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

If you can't get laid without a little help from your frag,
    buy Dior Homme ... It'll lay down the women you want!

I would second what TBoner and SculptureofSoul have written and point out that all parts of this website are open to all members and such a posting may well be seen as highly offensive to and by the very gender you seem to want to attract.

I don't know where to start...

Cartier Santos in either formulation seems to melt underwear - if that indeed were the purpose of your quest.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I don't know where to start...
    but do you know where to END ?

Post this thread in the women's forum and they'll be bending you over.
    Last edited by shamu1; 5th April 2010 at 11:56 PM.

I find that fragrances that contain a leather note seem to attract women very well.

Especially if the leather note is coming from the seats of of a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Seriously. Not a single fragrance is going to get a woman to 'bend over' for you. I truly hope you're being facetious.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 6th April 2010 at 12:04 AM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Last edited by The_Cologneist; 6th April 2010 at 12:10 AM.

Ok, can't manage to merge the two threads.

So please continue the ' what fragrance do women like' topic here instead
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

also lol@cogneit, he would be
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

You'll be amazed that everything that smells just OK but has monster sillage + projection will get you compliments and attention.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I always get compliments on Creed GIT and also now and again from SMW and MI. My GF loves clinique Happy men & polo blue so always get a shout there. i used a lot of polo blue one day at work when i first purchased it and one of the guys in the office came over asking who was wearing the stunning perfume - a couple of the ladies had notice already that i had come in smelling like a tarts handbag and all pointed at me... at this point he said it smelled really feminine and looked at me like he was trying to descern my deviant factor with his eyes and i've not worn it to work since :-s

I also have a great reaction from one lady in work everytime i wear my fahrenheit. one day though a different lady kept commenting on a horrible body odour smell - i eventually realised she had sniffed out the fahrenheit too... another one bites the dust

if you just want to kill everyone in a radius - go mad with gucci envy and watch them tumble

As odd as it is the cologne I've gotten the most complements on is the, somewhat generic, smell of Ferrari Red.

Followed by KC Reaction, for the short amount of time I have it on.
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

acier aluminum

Yves St-Laurent M7. Again and again....compliments from female coworkers and my wife as well.

This one has something ....
    And here, in Canada, it's very rare. So, I smell unique

By the way, I just bought a new M7 bottle because my first one is almost empty, but what a shame, it's not the same. The bottle is not the same, but worst, the juice is not the same ! WTF ? Why did they change it ? I am so pissed off.

Real nice comments this AM from my wife and from my secretary regarding my Azzaro Pour Homme.

Deleted/moved.
    Last edited by buyza54; 8th April 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buyza54 View Post
    I am currently looking for some new fragrances for this spring/summer (casual bars, clubs, class, day at the beach etc. obviously different ones for different occasions). Does anyone have any recommendations specifically for day and night wear in these two hot Los Angeles seasons? Since it can't hurt to add, I am 22 and a pretty casual t-shirt and jeans kind of guy (or I guess shorts/flip flops for summer). I have approximately $200 to spend via Amazon giftcard.

I currently use:
    Lacoste Essential for day wear (Works great for my day classes at UCLA)
    Armani Code for night wear (seems to work great for casual nights or more romantic nights)
    CK Euphoria (Use it at my internship)

I also just picked up Nautica Voyage which seems to be pretty popular with most women, though I am still deciding what situations it works best for. I also picked up Tuscan Soul which really smells great, but has terrible longevity (I guess that is expected for $18).

I received a few fragrances from a friend, but do not think they really fit Spring or Summer: Joop Jump and Azzaro Visit.

I read through this thread and picked up a few ideas, but would like more insight as to which fragrances would best fit my situation in these two upcoming seasons. Some of the ones people have mentioned for my age group:

Le Male
    Musc Ravageur
    Rochas Man
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine

I have not had a chance to smell any of these yet, I hope to hit up the mall this week to do some testing, but I still am new to fragrances and would love some pairing assistance. Essential and Code were found by dumb luck and I love them and get huge compliments, but I don't know how luckily I will be again buying blind

I oddly enough remember my first cologne being D'issey Pour Homme and thinking it smelled great, but I was 14 and bought a bottle of it at the mall to impress my first girlfriend, and after seeing people mention it here I am wondering if I should go back and revisit it.

Anyways, I appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Edit: Since it may get recommended, I have Acqua di Gio and Coolwater (gifts), and despise them. Not sure how it is elsewhere, but in LA the connotation of these two fragrances definitely clash with the type of person I am. My Persian friends think I'm crazy to say the least haha.

I think you might like:

Day Wear- Tommy Bahama: Set Sails St. Barts.

Night Wear- Lacoste: Pour Homme (Gray Bottle)
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Not really original; Le Male, A Men and Dior Homme.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I work in a family owned fragrance store, so my son has any frag he wants. his top 2 complimented on colognes are #1 Boucheron Jaipur Saphir, and Prada amber (clear bottle pale blue juice). he keeps count for me, the info helps with sales.

Received multiple compliments on a mix of Hermes Elixier des Merveilles & TFord Azure Lime

Does " For someone who hasn't showered in weeks, that makes you smell nice" count as a compliment?

It must have been Muscs Koublaï Khän or Eau d'Hermès since I don't own Kouros

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th April 2010 at 07:36 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Recieved a complement today on Paco Rabanne XS

On Saturday, 2 separate compliments for Versace Pour Homme.

I got compliments from my wife, my Mom and my Dad on Saturday for my Creed Green Irish Tweed. It's No. 1 all-time for me, with Terre D'Hermes running second.

I've only been complimented on two fragrances. Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, and Antaeus by Chanel.