Code of Conduct
Page 36 of 271 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 8113

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Originally Posted by exquisitely me
    Who needs a verbal compliment? A sniff like that is worth a thousand words.

Originally Posted by Emlynevermore
    I don't often get compliments from random strangers but I suppose I can be intimidating to approach sometimes. I ought to work on that...

Monday around noon, however, I ran into a good acquaintance who I had not seen in several months through no particular fault of our own. I am not really a "hug person" and neither is she but it seemed appropriate under the circumstances so we attempted a cursory embrace...or at least, *I* did.

In the morning, I had applied about half of a 1mL vial of Voleur de Roses to my chest and wrists with the intent of giving it a full-day's wearing. I've noticed that some scents seem to absolutely ignite on me after I apply them, traipse about in the cold for a bit, and then come back inside, which is exactly what happened just prior to the encounter with my friend.

The story doesn't get much more interesting, except that I felt her take a deep breath before exhaling and the hug itself lasted rather longer than I had expected. Not to the point of awkwardness (she is much too attractive for that to be possible, crude as it sounds) but I was certainly taken aback by it.

Typing this now, I can't stifle a wry smile. The wet rose-bouquet metaphor seems to have struck a chord with her especially, although I myself preferred the opening and the demurer latter stages of the drydown.

I didn't receive a compliment per se, nor was I looking for one, but the reaction was far more interesting than any verbal acknowledgement could have been, I think.

I agree with these two statements/experiences. Sometimes when I get complimented on a scent I'm wearing that day I get self concious. I feel that I may have over applied or that the verbal compliment I recieved was more of a "you're wearing too much cologne" comment.

When somebody has a physical reaction to a fragrance I'm wearing (ie when I notice them smelling me, or when a hug turns into an embrace, it lets me know that they appreciate the way I smell more than a verbal reaction to the fragrance.

Jaipur is too heavy, if worn for formal dinners then yeah, other than that I like lighter based scents, even at night.

Most of the scents adored on Basenotes are too heavy, especially if you're looking to impress girlies.

compliments & kisses are garanteed with:

Rive Gauche ph
    Body Kouros
    Mure et Musc
    Bois Farine
    Cologne 68
    OPIUM PH edp
    Gucci PH

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    Most of the scents adored on Basenotes are too heavy, especially if you're looking to impress girlies.
    Certainly true for the masculines ! My personal experience is that women generally appreciate faint smells of shave lotions and nothing else.
    Last edited by narcus; 17th February 2009 at 07:40 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Finally going to add to the thread, but by add I mean repeat what I get the most compliments on...

Christian Dior - Dior Homme

It is my seasonal 'going out' fragrance.

Question Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    Finally going to add to the thread, but by add I mean repeat what I get the most compliments on...

Christian Dior - Dior Homme

It is my seasonal 'going out' fragrance.
    Just to clarify: Are you referring to Dior Homme, or Dior Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Just to clarify: Are you referring to Dior Homme, or Dior Homme?
    oh lawd, it's on now!
    Current rotation: Dior Homme, Rochas Man, A*men, Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, L'instant pour homme (EDT and EDP)

Curious about: M7, M7 Fresh, Rive Gauche, Desir de Rochas, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

mi has got strong reactions like the best thing she has ever smelled. dreamer after a few hours is like magic,d&g by man
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Best compliments

1 Luctor et Emergo POTL
    2 Guelain Vetiver
    3 Tann Rocka
    4 Burdah + Ambergris Home brew

I try to stay away from "Every Tom Dick and Harry scents, its good to be an individual rather than smell like an Ex boyfriend..

Hate to say it folks...wish it wasn't true: Aqua di Gio

Walked into Tiffany's to get my girlfriend a necklace, and was literally ATTACKED by female AND male employees about how good I smell! Scent that caused the commotion: Sean John Unforgivable. (the prices of the necklaces caused me to perspire a bit--so maybe Unforgivable possesses hidden attributes that manifest through heat activation) haha

BINGO

Terre de Hermes
    Canali (loads of compliments with this one)
    Drakkar Noir
    Kenneth Cole Signature (probably the most)
    Angel B*Men
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Hugo Energize (women seem to love it)
    Last edited by BINGO; 25th February 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jklax221 View Post
    Walked into Tiffany's to get my girlfriend a necklace, and was literally ATTACKED by female AND male employees about how good I smell! Scent that caused the commotion: Sean John Unforgivable. (the prices of the necklaces caused me to perspire a bit--so maybe Unforgivable possesses hidden attributes that manifest through heat activation) haha
    What did they say, can you be specific? I.e., when you walked in, what words they spoke, reactive body gestures, etc. I know this may sound retarded but I'm curious. More detail on scent reactions makes it nicer for us to contemplate getting it. Was that the only time for unforgiv. you got such response?

Important: how old were they (male and female) ? Age range? Gracias
    Last edited by Dudester!; 25th February 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Bingo- Which Canali are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Bingo- Which Canali are you referring to?

OMG! I shouldn;t be replying to your post since i;m not him, but when I read CANALI, i totally knew that was it! I smelled this fragrance and friggin loved it, the original CAnali for men, in the beije or bronze liquid, this smells immensely good. i can assure you he's discussing the original canali that i just mentioned as his 'loads of compliments' description is indicative of my testimony. I loved that smell!!

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    OMG! I shouldn;t be replying to your post since i;m not him, but when I read CANALI, i totally knew that was it! I smelled this fragrance and friggin loved it, the original CAnali for men, in the beije or bronze liquid, this smells immensely good. i can assure you he's discussing the original canali that i just mentioned as his 'loads of compliments' description is indicative of my testimony. I loved that smell!!
    That's the one. It's amazing. I bought it from Nordstrom a few years back.

Story. Last summer I get a call from one of my guy friends that he's planning on having a pool party at his place. It's Arizona, it's hot and I know theirs gonna be a lot of people there.

So, I show up and run into to the pool. As soon as I come up out of the water, no joke, 10 dudes all say, what are you wearing?! That smells amazing!

To protect this secret weapon I told them it was Cool Water. Funny thing is, they ALL went out and bought it! ha ha!

Even after swimming, everyone could smell it lingering through out the night. Tons of compliments and the ladies go nuts over it.

Also wore it once to a buddies wedding and the ladies were all over me. It drove the dudes nuts.

Awesome.

I don't see the point in posting about compliments recieved from anone who could potentially gain something financially from yo. Earlier in this thread strippers were mentioned, and now people at Tiffany's. THESE PEOPLE WANT YOUR MONEY, if they detect anything they are likely to comment on it!

Blog Entries

Montale's Black Aoud
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

I just got two compliments from Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille within a week

Quote Originally Posted by BINGO View Post
    That's the one. It's amazing. I bought it from Nordstrom a few years back.

Story. Last summer I get a call from one of my guy friends that he's planning on having a pool party at his place. It's Arizona, it's hot and I know theirs gonna be a lot of people there.

So, I show up and run into to the pool. As soon as I come up out of the water, no joke, 10 dudes all say, what are you wearing?! That smells amazing!

To protect this secret weapon I told them it was Cool Water. Funny thing is, they ALL went out and bought it! ha ha!

Even after swimming, everyone could smell it lingering through out the night. Tons of compliments and the ladies go nuts over it.

Also wore it once to a buddies wedding and the ladies were all over me. It drove the dudes nuts.

Awesome.
    Bingo, what age-range was this? just wondering.

BTW, do you by any chance have [or sniffed] Canali - Black Diamond? its in the same packaging but has a dark coat on it! Looks goood...wanting to know
    Last edited by Dudester!; 26th February 2009 at 05:13 AM.

BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Bingo, what age-range was this? just wondering.

BTW, do you by any chance have [or sniffed] Canali - Black Diamond? its in the same packaging but has a dark coat on it! Looks goood...wanting to know
    20-26 range.

I have tested BD. It's basically a parfume version of the original but a tad sweeter IMO. Not bad. I've only seen it at Nordstrom, but you can probably find it on the net as well. Try it out and let me know what you think.

For me so far Acqua di Gio and Dior Homme, but the age of the girls where -18.. so, older women probally prefer others.
    unico grande amore.

According to fragantica.com, Canali for men and Canali Prestige have the same exact notes. I guess the the Prestige version is just a stronger or more intense version

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    you need to be a writer my friend....the depth of feeling and emotion that your words added to that simple story is quite simply astounding......you have a talent. Real talent.
    I often wax Lyrical, especially when she smells good. Or is it when I smell good?

Oh, Pure Coffee drydown...it's all I have!
    Last edited by Tuffcheez; 3rd March 2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: forgot to add fragrance.

My wife adores Bois du Portugal by Creed, Old Spice (Shulton formulation), and Habit Rouge by Guerlain.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

A lady nearby me here at work today came over with an inquisitive smile asking me what I had on today...Route du Vetiver

Terre Hermes without question. Although I find the topnotes sickly sweet, apparently the women love the dirty sillage...

Only time I sampled Terre, girlfriend remarked it smelled like her grandmother, and it actually gave both of us headaches.

@Sokkou. It is TERRIBLE out of the bottle. Instead headache in 2 squirts. Try it on your chest, then put your shirt on. I promise in 2 hours you will change your mind. It has garnered me more compliments than anything in my wardrobe. You do have to get past the initial synthetic blast...
    Last edited by scentaddiction; 6th March 2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: misspelling

Page 36 of 271 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 136 ... LastLast