Code of Conduct
Page 37 of 280 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 8396

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    @Sokkou. It is TERRIBLE out of the bottle. Instead headache in 2 squirts. Try it on your chest, then put your shirt on. I promise in 2 hours you will change your mind. It has garnered me more compliments than anything in my wardrobe. You do have to get past the initial synthetic blast...

I second that, but TdH overall is just way too obtrusive and heavy. Isn't John Varvatos original better? Some people argue that this scent , TdH, is perfect for summer days. Quite the contrary! how so? Its massive in musk and has a Brut undertone if you ask me. If anything its great for winter wonderland snow trees when you're wearing a suit with a hot lady in the snowy forest. Hot summer days you need to look to Issey Miyake, Aqua di Gio, and the like. Terre d Hermes on a scorching day?

I think Polo Black is quite nice, hot day, winter, at school, dinner, it's an all-arounder.

"Mania" by armani. I take a bus to reach my office, and according to me this is the most perfect place to test any fragrence. Nowhere will you get such a close proximity with absolute strangers. Especially during morning rush hour you can get within inches of your test pigs. And honestly i have been told by a couple of bold female travellers about it.

My colleagues(female) at office always recognize when i have put Ck Be, but are disgusted when iam wearing Dunhill desire.

Tobacco Vanille seems to be a big hit.

L'eau d'Issey pour homme (again) is jaw dropping to most women (Unfortunately unwearable by me anymore -.-)

Black Aoud- well, lets face it- it is very unique...
    As above, so below.

'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Sa Majeste La Rose and Green Irish for sale- P.M. me

I've lost count of the GIT compliments, but that's because it's been a mainstay for a dozen years, though I don't wear it as much these days. Floris No. 89 has been a more recent head-turner, and in a very different summery vein, Dunhill Edition.

I suppose that almost women who cares about her boyfriends or the men who are going out with them often like that man wearing perfume. And I think that perfume is Polo of Ralph Lauren. Although there are many kinds of others that you can choose. It's up to you. But I think Polo is very special.

One and only one..Adidas.

Last edited by Mostapha; 25th March 2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

I don't really wear them for female reaction. I wear it more as a signature. Plus my wife could care less wtf I smell like.

That said of all the colognes I've tried periodically, the one that, BY FAR, has gotten the strongest unsolicited positive reactions from women is, horrifyingly enough, Benetton Colors....the old unisex version from the 80's.

i get attacted when i wear my combination of Fumerie Turque and Diam Blond from Serge Lutens, its a magnet!

Curve Original for some reasons gets me too many compliments.

I will finally contribute to this thread.

Thursday, I was at my local UPS store returning some books to Amazon. A very cute female UPS store associate asked me:

'What cologne are you wearing, that smells reaaaaaly good! Reaaaaaaly good! She then asked her equally cute companion and she very very much agreed. The fragrance?

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

As much of a problem I have sometimes with what Tom Ford charges for his juice, TV definitely gets the desired response from the ladies!

Today.. the first day I've had La Nuit de L'Homme on me.. and got 2 compliments this morning already..

http://www1.ysl-parfums.com/yves-sai...ex.jspz?id=369

The short is actually true.. how would it be in the night
    unico grande amore.

Original Curve is a very body chemistry dependent scent. On some people, it absolutely rocks and it gets mega compliments, regardless of the age of the wearer. On others, like myself, it totally disappears. It's very difficult to even detect on me. I've known guys as young as 16 and as old as 65 that wear it with aplomb. Not for me, though.

Smile Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Encre Noire
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

AC'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Silver Mountain Water, A.Nabbieu Icarus, Le Labo Rose 31, Costume National Homme, Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory, Montale Black Aoud, Montale Aoud Musk, Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore, Madini Ambergris, Le Labo Patchouli 24, Amouage Interlude Man

Had a women stop me in the middle of talking to say "this may sound akward but you smell great", got 2 more female compliments that day too. Was wearing FCUK Connect <- which is amazing BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    I will finally contribute to this thread.

Thursday, I was at my local UPS store returning some books to Amazon. A very cute female UPS store associate asked me:

'What cologne are you wearing, that smells reaaaaaly good! Reaaaaaaly good! She then asked her equally cute companion and she very very much agreed. The fragrance?

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

As much of a problem I have sometimes with what Tom Ford charges for his juice, TV definitely gets the desired response from the ladies!

Yep Tom Ford not only gets me the compliments I just think it is so great to smell on top of it

Well today I did the reverse and complimented a lady who was at the restaurant i work at...she was wearing Chanel Coco Madamoiselle (sp.)...yeah i felt good knowing that i complimented somone on their SOTD.

spray anything onto an amex black card... hold the card out for all to see... wait...
    At your service

I hardly ever get compliments for fragrances I wear, but funnily enough the one compliment I can remember (possibly the only one!) is when I was wearing Annick Goutal's Duel and Eau de Sud (on each wrist), so I am not sure which (both?) was the lucky winner. I was pleasantly surprised, as this is a line that I thought has never particularly worked on my skin, but perhaps I was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Original Curve is a very body chemistry dependent scent. On some people, it absolutely rocks and it gets mega compliments, regardless of the age of the wearer. On others, like myself, it totally disappears. It's very difficult to even detect on me. I've known guys as young as 16 and as old as 65 that wear it with aplomb. Not for me, though.
    lmao. I call Curve the Green Dragon for a reason. Despite the fact that its sold at convenience stores the country over, this is THE premier scent of my life. At 36 year olds and counting, I've owned dozens of colognes, but this is the one that stops people dead in their tracks and makes them follow me around.

The running joke with my closest buddies is that we ALL have Curve at the ready and despite teasing eachother when its worn because its such The 90's scent, we all bow down to its mysterious ways.

I love AdP Colonia, Guerlain Imperiale, Penhaligon's Castile, but nothing in the world keeps the masses backin' up asses like Curve.

Good Sir Knight, I warn you. Beware the Green Dragon.

Oddly enough, I've never received compliments on GIT or Millesime Imperial. Not one. Scents like Fuel for Life, Fierce, Issey Miyake, Gucci Envy, Givenchy Blue, Armani Code, etc are the REAL compliment getters.

I never understood how so many people garner compliments from the Creeds I've listed. They smell awesome to my nose - but girls (specifically college) could care less for them.

Interesting point, Regis. I, too, rarely get complimented on my designer and higher end colognes. I'll get the odd compliment for AdP Colonia or Assoluta, or AdP Nanranja Orange, or Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes. . ..occasionally.

But the "bank on it" colognes that always get me compliments are:
    - Curve (unmatched in compliments - - even my ex who sold cologne at Barneys went nuts for it and for days I refused to tell her what it was. She died when she found out, but said I may as well throw away the dozens of Malle and Lutens samples because none smelled better on me than the "Green Dragon"

Dunhill Man (2003 offering) - sophisticatedly understated and invitingly delicious. Their noses won't leave your neck.

Dunhill Desire (Red) - POW! Just started wearing this after a TJ Maxx pickup for $30. Immediate results. The Lime/Vanilla/Apple/Musk combo is something different.

Kiehl's Musk - afforable and hypnotic to many women. Some women just lose their minds when you wear this. My cousin got some, too, and had to stop becase it was getting awkward at work with one woman constantly following him around. lol. For real.

Kenzo Eau Paur Homme - a knockout, fresh and powdery aquatic scent. I wore it to a small theater production where the actors/actresses actually embrace the audience and lay their heads on their laps. One of the actresses after the show admitted that she'd only intended to put her head on my shoulder for a minute, but stuck around for several because of the fresh, calming smell.

Pleasures by Estee Lauders - I don't wear it anymore, but i had women follow me around the law school library back in the day. . and it wasn't cuz i'm George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post

So morale of the story don't go by what strippers say not because they might only be after your money but i think they have totally different tastes
    It's the cocaine. It's destroyed their nasal passages.

So far, my top compliment-getters:

1. L'Occitane - Eau de Badian
    2. Eau d'Hermes (I haven't tried Terre d'Hermes)
    3. Tam Dao
    3a. Tauer - L'Air du desert marocain
    - E.J.

Kiehl's Musk, today, from a colleague. While working atr my PC, she entered my office and told me "smells great, what is it?". I told her it must be the fragrance I was wearing... she smelled my hand and there it was, she said that was the smell she was perceiving.

It amazed me the fact that this happened five hours after I applied it. So I must conclude that Kiehl's Musk sillage is strong, even though I hardly noticed it.

Polo Double Black
    Last edited by Duncan; 31st March 2009 at 10:19 PM.

Some older women in the office asked me what I was wearing, they said I smelled good.

Abercrombie & Fitch: Fierce

I always receive complements from young women with this

Yesterday got mixed reviews of Mure et Musc Extreme. One friend almost gagged but she hates everything except Burberry Brit (and of course Curve!).

But I also saw an ex last night and she couldn't get enough of it. She even broke her rule and laid a kiss on me. lol.

Diesel Fuel for Life
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    Polo Blue
    Armani Code

All these get me loads of compliments. Almost every time I walk out the door with one of these on, I know I am going to get approached by someone wanting to know what scent I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Kiehl's Musk, today, from a colleague. While working atr my PC, she entered my office and told me "smells great, what is it?". I told her it must be the fragrance I was wearing... she smelled my hand and there it was, she said that was the smell she was perceiving.

It amazed me the fact that this happened five hours after I applied it. So I must conclude that Kiehl's Musk sillage is strong, even though I hardly noticed it.
    Is Kiehl's Musk kind of like department store quality in the sense that it is like a "Gap" cologne wherein the quality is not high enough and scent does not last long..?

For example, comparing it to an Armani fragrance where the quality is def. there, hope you get what I mean
    Last edited by Dudester!; 2nd April 2009 at 05:45 PM.