Code of Conduct
Page 38 of 240 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 7186

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Is Kiehl's Musk kind of like department store quality in the sense that it is like a "Gap" cologne wherein the quality is not high enough and scent does not last long..?

For example, comparing it to an Armani fragrance where the quality is def. there, hope you get what I mean
    No. It is of high quality, and one of the most talked about musks here on BN.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    No. It is of high quality, and one of the most talked about musks here on BN.
    Cool, looks like I have to check it out...hope it lives up. BTW, anyone tried that Kiehl's Rainforest cologne? It is green
    Last edited by Dudester!; 2nd April 2009 at 05:25 PM.

[delete]
    Last edited by Dudester!; 2nd April 2009 at 05:25 PM.

I wore Musc Ravageur last night and got some very bold comments from two ladies sitting next to me at a restaurant. The couldn't stop asking to sniff me. One of them said she wanted to bite me.

That was when I left. lol

Oddly enough, out of all the colognes I've ever worn, Guerlain Vetiver Extreme is the one that gets the best response.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I wore Musc Ravageur last night and got some very bold comments from two ladies sitting next to me at a restaurant. The couldn't stop asking to sniff me. One of them said she wanted to bite me.

That was when I left. lol
    Where the heck can i sample or buy this? It is not online, anywhere!

It seems to be 150 dollars and it is not fairly large...
    Last edited by Dudester!; 2nd April 2009 at 11:49 PM.

Got a bunch of comments on Chanel Allure Sport last night. Trying out Prada Amber tonight.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin View Post
    Got a bunch of comments on Chanel Allure Sport last night. Trying out Prada Amber tonight.
    Where was your location? Age range? Environment? thanks..

And there seems to be two Allure Homme Sports: one in a Silver bottle, one in a Clear bottle...which are you talking about?
    Last edited by Dudester!; 2nd April 2009 at 11:54 PM.

The clear one is a lighter citrusy one, and the EDT (silver) is a sex-bomb. He surely means the EDT.

Where the heck can i sample or buy this? It is not online, anywhere!

It seems to be 150 dollars and it is not fairly large...
    Theperfumedcourt, is your friend. Almost anything you want to sample can be had there. Definitely try Musc Ravageur out.

Where was your location? Age range? Environment? thanks..

And there seems to be two Allure Homme Sports: one in a Silver bottle, one in a Clear bottle...which are you talking about?
    Silver. Allure Homme Sport Cologne is the clear bottle.

18-Mid Twenties, college town. Bars.
    Last edited by Regis Philbin; 3rd April 2009 at 12:55 AM.
    I have: Davidoff Relax, Dior Homme Sport, Boss Selection, Azzaro Visit, and Creed MI (will provide # on bottle for verification) available.

Looking for the following: DG The One, Himalaya, YSL L'Homme, John Varvatos (not vintage) Canali For Men or Paypal.

i just smelled allure and doesn't last that long.
    Last edited by Dudester!; 3rd April 2009 at 11:22 PM.

From my sister's friend (actually a secret crush of mine -- Aaaagh!):
    >>DOLCE & GABBANA PH

Female Friends and random people:
    >>(I apologize in advance) PARIS HILTON for MEN
    *starting to sink in my seat now*
    and POLO BLUE
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Most recently - Amouage Lyric
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

You guys realise about 90 per cent of the feedback reported can be dismissed as uninterested smalltalk, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hide & Reason View Post
    You guys realise about 90 per cent of the feedback reported can be dismissed as uninterested smalltalk, right?

So, you must be in the 10% interested enough to respond to the thread
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Finally I got an over-the-top compliment on a frag I was wearing.

I had just reapplied Czech & Speake No. 88 at a party, and this girl threw herself at me, sniffing my neck, exclaiming: "OMFG I need to get this for my boyfriend, WHAT is it?"

One caveat: she was drunk and she later admitted that her shrink once diagnosed her borderline. But still, these are the most honest people, no?
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

"I like your career. . it sounds interesting that you collect and sell moths mounted in glass for a living" - That's smalltalk.

"I love the way you smell Uppercut!!!!. I want you to treat me like a Gitmo detainee and make me confess to things i've never done." - That's honesty.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 10th February 2010 at 08:11 PM.

Nope. I am in college and frequent bars, classes, etc filled with thousands of young females. Half of the time I get "Someone smells REALLY sexy.. who is it?" And they confirm it's me. Other compliments are usually "Oh my gosh I want to eat you!" while they sniff my neck.

I guess you are dismissing comments as small talk because you get relatively little. I on the other hand am relatively good looking, dress nice, and smell good Which solicits more comments I assume! Either way, I get TOO many compliments sometimes. It gets rather redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Regis Philbin View Post
    Nope. I am in college.
    Damn, I thought you were the real Regis Philbin.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Damn, I thought you were the real Regis Philbin.
    Me too. . if it turns out you're not the real Monsieur Sparkle, I'm gonna be devestated.

Tigerjuice,

Do you wear TV in warm weather?

Also, http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/mal..._gb/index.htm; I think their prices are better than barneys.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

zr0e:

It was a typical spring Houston day. Not unbearably hot like we are about to face. If I read in between the lines of your post, what you might be thinking is that perhaps TV may wear a tad strong in warmer weather. You may be right. However, there was absolutely no mistaking the response from those two very cute girls. They did everything but leap across the counter at me. The response was really that pronounced. I do think that TV is Ford's best work to date.

Silverbullet:

Your response to Hide & Reason's post almost made me fall out of my chair!

Best to Everyone,

TJ

For most enthusiasm of compliments:
    Musc Ravageur (2000) by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

For most amount of compliments:
    Cool Water (1988) by Davidoff
    A king is not put in a palace before it is adorned. A heart's treasure is unlocked only when that heart is purified.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJuice View Post
    zr0e:

It was a typical spring Houston day.
    TJ
    TJ, In Houston you know a "typical" spring day can range from 40-80 degrees. You may have to elaborate on that buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by persianpoppa View Post
    For most enthusiasm of compliments:
    Musc Ravageur (2000) by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

For most amount of compliments:
    Cool Water (1988) by Davidoff
    I agree with you there for MR,

Several of my female friends have buried their nose in my neck and told me "Mmmm, you smell like candy"...then proceeded to lightly nibble my neck. (Given, she was a bit inibriated) It was one of the most enthusiastic comments I've ever gotten for a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjra View Post
    I agree with you there for MR,

Several of my female friends have buried their nose in my neck and told me "Mmmm, you smell like candy"...then proceeded to lightly nibble my neck. (Given, she was a bit inibriated) It was one of the most enthusiastic comments I've ever gotten for a fragrance.
    This week I was told that MR was a definite "come hither and get it on" cologne by 3 different women - not one of their opinions was solicited. . .i've only worn it twice, so the feedback is pretty good as a compliemnt:wear ratio. All three didn't parse words.

I may have to get drop some coin and get a full bottle before my tester runs out of mojo.

ps. My Castile by Penhaligon got a couple compliments at work, prompting me to poll 4 people i know to rate it on a scale of 1-10. It garnered a 10, 8, 8, 6. . . for an average score of 8. Not bad. I lovvvvvvve it.

In my opnion, it depends on age and preference of each individual female (male as well). I’ve a close female friend who complains each time when I wear fresh cologne like Eau Sauvage, Guerlain’s Vétiver or Sisley’s Eau de Campagne. On the contrary, another close female friend of mine enjoys very much Héritage Habit Rouge or Bel Ami on me.

However, I often get compliments wearing BURBERRY LONDON FOR MEN and BULGARI POUR HOMME EXTREME.

Yesterday I was wearing Armani Prive Eau De Jade and my friend goes "wow that smells great that's the best one you've worn yet I love it"

Page 38 of 240 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 88 138 ... LastLast