Code of Conduct
Page 39 of 102 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,340 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

At the end of work, I applied a spritz of GIT before leaving in the washroom. I went back to my desk to clear up to go home, and my female colleague at the next desk exclaimed:

"WHO IS THAT?!?"

"'tis me" I replied

"How does your wife allow you to wear that on the train home?! I would never let you wear that without being by your side!"

+1 for GIT I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I get the same reaction at work. Great comment on Kouros, Bois de Portugal, and I fragrance I was asked not to mention ;-)) because many think is not great but works fantastic for me. I would love to try Windsor. Any way I can get some from you. If you have paypal, I can send you some $. I hear is going to be re-released at the end of the year and will stay. I may get a full bottle then if it's worthy.
    I bought mine from TPC. Only a 15ml and that cost me more than $150.00!!! If you want to try some. Try TPC. They do smaller samples and i think it is worth it.

Received a compliment on wearing Dune by Christian Dior.

There hasn't been one day where I've applied a heavy dose (over 16 sprays) of Concentre D'Orange Verte, where it hasn't been commented on very positively by a woman. Sometimes it'll be an older woman in line at the post office, sometimes the apple of my eye, other times a goodlooking total stranger, but literally everytime I've worn it heavily, lots of female compliments.

Co-sign Silver Mountain Water also, this one always yields randon comments, and has even been a neck-jerker. A little (19yr old) latina I see every several weeks or so literally jerked her head back sideways inhaling the smell in, and gave me the look I like. lol

And Tobacco Vanille always gets female compliments with even a very light application like 2-3 sprays, but I only like that one in Winter so it's been awhile.

L'Anarchiste has surprisingly and consistently gotten the best reactions from men, and not as many from women, so maybe that's something for the gay community to consider.

It's generally the sillage-rich scents or heavy applications of light scents, that has gotten mass compliments. When I go lighter on the trigger it seems the only compliments are from my GF or a woman I hug like an aunt or such. Think next time you criticise someone who applies a fresh/light scent heavily.

so i decided to get Armani Code, and it smells fantastic. i put it on tonight, went out to a party, got three compliments from three very beautiful women.

still doesnt beat the 16 compliments i got at one wedding wearing l'instant, but i dont know if ill ever beat that record in one night

A friend of mine (local celebrity - by chance) uses Cartier Roadster as a signature scent. He gets tons of compliments for his scent literally every time he wears it.

p.s. not to mention that Roadster was my choice for him

ps for a local celebrity you could pick brut and he would get tons of compliments too
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
    A friend of mine (local celebrity - by chance) uses Cartier Roadster as a signature scent. He gets tons of compliments for his scent literally every time he wears it.

p.s. not to mention that Roadster was my choice for him
    maybe it helps a lot him being a celebrity...just maybe

Quote Originally Posted by yrk View Post
    ps for a local celebrity you could pick brut and he would get tons of compliments too
    +1 :d

Quote Originally Posted by yrk View Post

Maybe in Poland.

OK, I'm new here

I love JPG's Le Male, but the one that one that worked for me when I was up to no good all the time was Aqua Di Gio, can't thank the designer enough I had the time(s) of my life lol.

Having said that, it's getting a bit same old. I'm considering getting Creed's GIT. Anyone for or against in terms of the compliments or not so positive comments you guys received? I am in Australia, where can I get the real GIT at cheap price?

Quote Originally Posted by aud8us View Post
    "Frags for when you want to 'close the deal'"
    Is it just me or we REALLY need another thread dedicated to this

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    OK, I'm new here

I love JPG's Le Male, but the one that one that worked for me when I was up to no good all the time was Aqua Di Gio, can't thank the designer enough I had the time(s) of my life lol.

Having said that, it's getting a bit same old. I'm considering getting Creed's GIT. Anyone for or against in terms of the compliments or not so positive comments you guys received? I am in Australia, where can I get the real GIT at cheap price?
    Your best bet is to find someone on here with a good reputation, and buy it from them. Other than that, maybe Ebay (again, good feedback). You can try and see if Scentiments, Fragrancenet, etc. ship to Aus.

Oh, and I agree with you...Acqua di Gio is very well regarded by people. It's really a great smell, no matter how many people wear it.

Is it just me or we REALLY need another thread dedicated to this
    No scent can close the deal. The person is the deal closer. Period

tobacco vanille is a sexy fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    No scent can close the deal. The person is the deal closer. Period

while this is true, you cannot just address it like that.

the same thing goes for something like clothing. u might be a great person with alot of game, but when your "going for the kill", would u rather be dressed as a homeless man, or in your best attire appropriate for the occasion? the same goes for fragrances. Closing the deal absolutely depends on the person, but having your weapons(in this case fragrances) to come along for the battle can do nothing but help u

Yes johny19, that's what I'm thinking, it can only helps and enhances to have the 'weapons'. Runners don't wear slippers or a pair of $20 shoes to a race.

exactly.

and just to add..

this is nothing to count on, but on many many occasions, my fragrances have been the conversation starter. girl tells me i smell nice, and boom..the conversation begins

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    while this is true, you cannot just address it like that.

the same thing goes for something like clothing. u might be a great person with alot of game, but when your "going for the kill", would u rather be dressed as a homeless man, or in your best attire appropriate for the occasion? the same goes for fragrances. Closing the deal absolutely depends on the person, but having your weapons(in this case fragrances) to come along for the battle can do nothing but help u
    Of course it helps, I agree. Makes the whole impression much better, and we all agree in general that women appreciate when a guy smells nice. Yet we can't talk about our attire or fragrance closing the deal either, but they can be a good help.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I never thought I'd say this, but I got 2 back to back compliments from women within an hour of each other yesterday when wearing Wicked by Bijan. I wear it because my wife likes it, but never expect to get compliments and really have never gotten any with it before.
    I get a lot of compliments when I layer a little bit of Unforgiveable by Sean John over Polo Black. Almost every time I wear them that way I get women telling me how good I smell and asking what I'm wearing. One younger woman actually told me "that's the kind of smell that makes me want to throw on some lingerie and say 'come on, let's go baby' ". Of course she had been given some good drugs to help her get through the MRI scan I was about to put her through. I'm sure it was probably the drugs talking!

Sur la Plage

I get a lot of compliments (from both women and men) when I wear Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I get a lot of compliments (from both women and men) when I wear Tom Ford Black Orchid.
    But of course you would...

Yes johny19, that's what I'm thinking, it can only helps and enhances to have the 'weapons'. Runners don't wear slippers or a pair of $20 shoes to a race.
    Give a kenian 20 $ shoes, or probably none at all and he'll still outrun 99 % of people.
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I never thought I'd say this, but I got 2 back to back compliments from women within an hour of each other yesterday when wearing Wicked by Bijan. I wear it because my wife likes it, but never expect to get compliments and really have never gotten any with it before.
    I get a lot of compliments when I layer a little bit of Unforgiveable by Sean John over Polo Black. Almost every time I wear them that way I get women telling me how good I smell and asking what I'm wearing. One younger woman actually told me "that's the kind of smell that makes me want to throw on some lingerie and say 'come on, let's go baby' ". Of course she had been given some good drugs to help her get through the MRI scan I was about to put her through. I'm sure it was probably the drugs talking!
    i also have wicked by bijan. i actually thinks its quite nice, but i have too many other things i would reach for before it. ive heard it smells like azzaros chrome but with a pineapple twist. i have never smelled chrome so i cant really comment on it

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    So what is your trick to the layering Unforgivable and Polo black. I have both and love to layer stuff. Tell me the sprays you used and where you use them.

So, what was that lady on,some Versed, stadol, xanax, or valium? Whatever it was must have given her a good high. I'll be she be wanting another MRI soon :-))
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by scentsableguy View Post
    I bought mine from TPC. Only a 15ml and that cost me more than $150.00!!! If you want to try some. Try TPC. They do smaller samples and i think it is worth it.
    I think I saw where Dullah has them for $12/ml. The SA at Neiman's told me that they may be releasing Windsor again and this time for it to stay. I don't know how accurate that statement is but I am going to wait. If not, I am going to pay our friend Dullah a visit for some Windsor.

fountain

grey flannel, new york by pdn, b*men, vc&a ph . . .

Kouros

On the elevator ride up to my place, woman told me I smell terrific. I was wearing Bvlgari Aqua Marine.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Quote Originally Posted by Armor King View Post
    On the elevator ride up to my place, woman told me I smell terrific. I was wearing Bvlgari Aqua Marine.
    She probably wouldn't if you wore Bvlgari Aqua, not its marine version

Aqua Marine is ok only in 30+ celsius degrees conditions, scent itself is a synthetic mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    She probably wouldn't if you wore Bvlgari Aqua, not its marine version

Aqua Marine is ok only in 30+ celsius degrees conditions, scent itself is a synthetic mess.
    I have actually tested both and asked a few female around which one they like better and 4 out of 5 said Aqva. Needless to say, I own Aqva and not Aqva Marine

I got three compliments while wearing Stetson All American over the weekend surprised me a little bit actually.

Today I got 2 compliments from female coworker. I was wearing Caroline Herrera 212.

Even my daughter told me that I smelled good this morning. (but, every morning, she tells me that, no matter waht cologne I put...)

i went out with some family friends for dinner tonight. every single lady of the family hugged me and praised how amazing i smelt

the fragrance was givenchy pi.

im not surprised. say what u want about it, givenchy pi is a panty dropper

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i went out with some family friends for dinner tonight. every single lady of the family hugged me and praised how amazing i smelt

the fragrance was givenchy pi.

im not surprised. say what u want about it, givenchy pi is a panty dropper
    You count compliments from family members(friends) and thereby call it a panty dropper?
    Acqua di Giň is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    You count compliments from family members(friends) and thereby call it a panty dropper?
    LMAO

(*puts on his hillbilly best*)

Thet's raght. Here in Crosseye Corners, it only be a counter if it's a younger sister.

Family members...panties dropping...hmmmm...

Jean Patou Priv'e & Montale Black Aoud...
    Last edited by silverbullet; 31st August 2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Spelling & Grammaer

not family members..family friends. family friends in the persian culuture is a pretty broad statement. its not like there my best friends..

and regardless of who complimented it last night, ive gotten many compliments from givenchy pi

Blog Entries

^ Just kidding!

I used to get a lot of compliments from Pi, too. I haven't worn mine in a while. I wear my Pi Neo a lot, but I've only gotten one compliment with it. I just love the scent itself so much, I would probably wear it even if people complained.

lol. ive actually never smelled pi neo myself, but its pretty obvious when u smell pi that right away youknow the ladies will love it. warm, sweet, romantic.

Pi Neo to me smells like a mix between Armani Code and Dsquared2 He Wood. It's very close to skin and doesn't have anything in common with the original Pi.
    Acqua di Giň is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Skarb, Yatagan, and Salvador Dali PH. Skarb, especially.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Hmmm! female compliments.... this is tricky a lot of them love it but dont dare comeup and compliment however some of the perfumes are strong enough to drive them to their knees.... i aint no good looking hunk but yes a few of them have done the trick for me....

1. Zanzibar ..... Van cleef and arpels
    2. Armani by Armani
    3. Versace by Versace

For all the gorgeous women
    1. No 5 Chanel
    2. Red Door by EA
    3. London Burberry

Recently it has been Montale's Blue Amber....two compliments in one wearing.
    A week before that it was Jean Paul's Fleur du Male. I noticed that out of all my colognes/perfumes montales are my biggest compliment getters. Everytime I have worn a montale people always want to know what it is even if i have worn it before. This has happened so many times that I can buy Montale's blind and not worry. Next up will be Red Aoud.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I got a compliment from a unknown woman today,
    it was my first wear of the new Gucci Guilty, yay!

Creed Aventus. The compliments are happy, very spontaneous, and downright bouncy. There is quite a bit of enthusiastic curiosity regarding it too. It is closely followed by Amouage Reflection Man. Those compliments are more observant and seem to be rather measured and thought out, almost professional in expression. Green Irish Tweed gets a short 'Hey, that's great!'

Got one today while wearing Bleu de Chanel of all things.
    I like it well enough but it's so light someone else commenting on it was kind of surprising.
    Last edited by SoGent; 5th September 2010 at 02:23 PM.

Wore Minotaur out tonight - it was a BIG hit.

MI
    Domenico Caraceni 1913
    Mark Birley
    l'homme Sage

The two that get me a lot of compliments are Hanae Mori and Eau d'Sud bu AG. They are understated and the gals and some guys like them.

well lately i have been getting compliments for JPG La male alot. And when i'm wearing it it seems that girls like to be close to me

Uden (Xerjoff) gets compliments again and again - by the same woman, her nose on my chest, saying «you can't leave me now with that smell». That makes me helpless - an so I stay for another hour...

went out with my friends tonight. they know im big on fragrances and stuff like that, so they give real critism/compliments. so i went out to dinner with them and they were all amazing. they smelled me and said "WOW jonny. this is the best cologne uve ever worn. what IS this?!?"

that was a big statement, considering they have smelled the likes of Acqua Di Gio, Armani Code, Burberry Brit, La Nuit de L'homme, Givenchy Pi, L'instant, and many many more fragrances on me.

the fragrance?

The Secret by Antonio Banderas.

Now when these friends compliment my cologne, i almost feel more comfortable with it. They dont know shit about fragrances and stuff like that, so theyre just judging on pure smell. not in depth judgement like us basenoters.

After dinner when my friends and i went to go to nordstroms so i can check out the creeds, one of the ladies shopping around the other fragrances walked past me and said "woah. u smell great. im trying to find a cologne for my husband. what r u wearing??" i almost felt embarrased to say it while standing infront of a shrine of Creed bottles, but i told her "Antonio Banderas the secret" and when she asked wear i bought it from, i just decided to say it was a gift, because im not about to tell people i bought a fragrance at CVS while im standing next to the most sacred of fragrances of all ttime

I Used to get sooooooo many compliments with Bora Bora by liz claiborne but its been about 4 years since the last time I wore it. I just hated spraying it on again every 2-4 hours! after 3 years of wearing it i discoverd bvlgari black and fell in love, have wore it for the last 4 years and ladies LOVE IT!! ALL OF THEM! well on me they do anyways hahaha! Ive had to tackle some of them after they have tried running off with my bottle! lol I just quit carrying it around in my truck! And always hid it when taking ladies back to my crib!

i was walking to my seat in class today, right past the most attractive girl in class. right when i got to her she looked up at me and said "dude thats the best smelling cologne ive ever smelled in my life"

thank u la nuit

damn im having a great compliment day/week..

went to go pick something up from the grocery store so i put on my "watever" cologne, acqua di gio. i was paying for my stuff when the girl bagging groceries asked if i wanted help out with my groceries(they have to ask everyone). i said no thank u, and then she replied "are u sure/? u smelll really good i wouldnt mind following u out" and then i gave her a laugh and left.

i think the basenotes world really underrates acqua di gio due to its popularity. theres a reason its so popular, because whether we like to believe it or not, its a great scent, possibly one of the greatest aquatics of all time
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th September 2010 at 09:33 AM.

OK, did it put out $$$ for Creed

I have read other posts of positive notes, I guess I just have to drown myself in more, because it is a great dissapointment as far as lasting more then a few hours.

If I leave the house at 5 or a special nite, I dont want my companion to to have to stick there head down my shirt around 9 to smell what remains of creed

Ron

Johnny, you wear la nuit to class? I couldn't imagine doing that, how does it work out as a day time scent? Winter's arriving, and i'm struggling for a spot on my line up, don't really want to opt for armani code as it's so played out in my parts, at the moment i just use rochas man, and abercrombie fierce (uk), and that 3rd spot, my go to scent i'm really struggling to find any scent that inspires me enough (le male, code, terre d hermes, burberry, none sit well with my body), at the moment i'm relying heavily on rochas, which is enjoyable, but i know i'm overplaying it as i never smell it anymore, would be nice to add la nuit in for a day or two when called for as i'm a huge fan of the scent, and I think there are so many other nicer night time fragrances to find that daytime in the winter. I'm 21, living in a cold winter climate, may try la nuit in the day and see how it fairs, I do usually dress with a nice jumper and shoes, so it could fit the part.
    Last edited by jdog; 9th September 2010 at 09:21 AM.

I dont got a huge collection of fragrences yet but the scent that gives me most compliments are Opium pour Homme YSL.