Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 238 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I believe it!. I've never heard a woman say a bad word about Kouros.
    Honestly!

In order of compliments.

1. Givenchy Gentleman
    2. Fahrenheit
    3. Eau de Rochas Homme
    4. One Man Show

cheers,

Believe it or not,

Yohji Homme recently got me a couple of compliments.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

My vote goes to Azzaro Chrome. So far no haters for this edt

Tuscany, and Herbissimo Marjoram once.

M7, Animale and Clairborne Sport do it for me EVERY TIME.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    *I believe it!. * * I've never heard a woman say a bad word about Kouros.
    Honestly!
    I have a mini of Kouros on the way, can't wait to wear it!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Wow - this thread's been around forever!

Piper Nigrum
    Musc Ravageur
    Divine L'Homme Sage
    Body Kouros

Kouros
    Azzaro PH
    Escada PH
    XS
    Allure
    Ego
    Peace ~ Markymark

Here's a couple from me:

KC REACTION - Oddly I find that this is the ultimate chick magnet. All girls really seem to love it. *

True story --- I had one girl in particular (an HB10 for anyone that's read "the game&quot, no joke, lick my neck * . *She wouldn't stop hugging on me and said I smelled "delicious" and basically couldn't resist. *Needless to say - I bought the body wash the next day. *

Problem is my best friend was there to witness this and he bought Reaction as well the next day (arrrgh two 3.4 bottles!!!!). *We both work together and im a witness that he never usually gets female compliments but girls now go out of their way to sniff him and say how amazing he smells. *

Funny thing is that I didn't want to smell like him - we're around each other all the time (work) and thats all he wears. *I always had a rotation of 2-3 colognes but now it led me to look up new ones on the internet so I could have an edge. *That my friends is how I ended up finding basenotes and building my collection. *Which led me to:

ROCHAS MAN - this one's a killer. *My gf loved it so much she bought me New Haarlem when I said it was similar but better.

HANAE MORI - lots of compliments but I personally dont really like it, actually trying to get rid of it.

Shockingly PARIS HILTON has gotten lots of female attention - it's actually good (it was free) but I just need to come up with a name I can tell people cause I'll get beat if I say Paris Hilton! *Currently I say it's something I can't pronounce. *

I do find that younger girls like the fruity, fresh, "normal" stuff for the most part - some stuff that's a little different like Cristobal no one says anything about - at least to me. *

Unfortunately Reaction is now killed for me cause ever since that story all my other friends bought it and when we're all together it's like the Kenneth Cole Reaction army coming at you - sorry to anyone that's been in our path - or in an elevator with us.

Rive Gauche
    L'Eau d'Issey (don't wear it much)
    Cartier Pasha
    Dunhill Edition

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

This is no contest, its Geir by a margin of like 5 to 1.

Honorable mentions to some of the usual suspects, Issey and D&G PH....

Emporio Armani He ( it is weird because I personally didn't hold it in a high regard until my girlfriend became addicted to it)

London by Paul Smith another favorite of my girlfriend
    (a mintier version of D&G men)

Clean Men by Dlish *( lately I discovered Gendarme V, which has the same concept as Clean but way better staying power)

Fahrenheit

Armani Code

AdG

One thing though, never spray too much

D&G Masculine
    Curve - most recognizable fragrance. any time I'm wearing this one I hear at least one girl say "oooh who's wearing Curve?!"
    Green Irish Tweed - attract hot girls AND their moms with this one--GIT has universal appeal
    Acqua di Gio
    Rive Gauche

Geir has gotten me the most compliments from women, but as far as scents that are attractive to women, which is what I assume you're looking for in this thread, I think it goes far beyond compliments. While Geir gets the most compliments, and I believe women like it, I don't think I've ever gotten any action wearing Geir. A*Men on the other hand generates noticeably fewer compliments than Geir (though still gets a decent number) but I tend to be extremely successful with women when I wear this. Envy too is like A*Men, though I am not successful to the same degree when wearing Envy (though still damn good). It could just be that I decide to wear A*Men when I'm going to be in a probable position to get some action anyways, but I think it's definately more than that. The stats for A*Men are really remarkable, and easily speak for themselves. So remember folks, enjoy the compliments but I would say that body language is even more important. Actions smell louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbeat
    Shockingly PARIS HILTON has gotten lots of female attention - it's actually good (it was free) but I just need to come up with a name I can tell people cause I'll get beat if I say Paris Hilton! Currently I say it's something I can't pronounce.
    ;D Hilarious!

My take on this: I've found that a lot of women enjoy Gucci Pour Homme. I think they like the earthy, woody, smokey aspect of it. However, a bunch of them also like the more citrussy ones such as Eau d'Hadrien, Santa Maria Novella Melograno, Higher by Dior and Hugo by Hugo Boss.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Forgot to mention that Tuscany always gets rave reviews.
    Peace ~ Markymark

about 3 hours after a shower, clean sweat. chicks dig it.

Envy, I received 4 compliments in 1 day. 1 out of 3 wears I get complimented on it on average

Hmm . . .
    Looks like I should
    re-stock on Rochas Man
    # 15 in this old post
    wherein I replied to
    the million dollar question of
    what turns women on:-

COLOGNES/ BABE MAGNETS AND THEIR 'MISSION STATEMENT' *
    1. QUORUM--If she's into leather. * Smells so bad, she's got to be a masochist! * *
    * Whip me, *beat me, *make me write bad checks---- *
    2. *CREED'S ROYAL ENGLISH LEATHER----But do so with elegance and finesse. *
    3. OLD SPICE--Her father probably wore it at some point. *(see also Aramis, Brut etc.) * So, *smell like him! * So many women *still want to sit on daddy's lap--- *
    4. BOWLING GREEN---Especially if he wore shoes with tassles, *played golf and ignored the family.. . . *
    5. GUERLIAN VETIVER--- Hot Damn! * *Man, *her father's loaded! * Marry her, quick! *
    6. VERSACE DREAMER. *Mission statement: *I'm a poet, *with a poet's brooding melancholy . . . *
    7. VERSACE by VERSACE: *I laugh at poets and losers. *I'm *rich, *ruthless in business, grey around the temples, *and I once fired Donald Trump. *
    8. ROMA UOMO: *You are unapoletically masculine, she'll rip *your clothes off. NOW! *
    9. LE MALE: Or queer eye for the straight guy, *the cologne bottle design episode. You rejoice in your feminine side-- *
    10. DIPTYQUE (any): ---And so you could buy a boutique together and live happily ever after *
    11. COTY (any): *Except you've just been evicted from your trailer park. *Good! *See if she comes through for you and lets you move in rent free. *
    12. SALVADOR: *Cut to the chase, you only want her if she's an erotically frenzied wildcat. *
    13. KOURUS: * But If she likes this *atrocity, she's even more perverted than you *imagined. * *Run awaaaayyy! *
    14. A*MEN: * *Freud would have thought you stuck in the oral/narcissist phase, *but what did he know? *He should have paid you for counseling. * She better compliment your cologne and pick up the dinner tab while you surreptitiously smell yourself. * *
    15. *ROCHAS MAN: Or A*men redux. *A vast improvement over that de-caf hype. Still it's so chocolate shake that you might attract jailbait. *Check I.D. *and have a *a good lawyer handy. *
    16. PIPER NIGRUM: *Redundant if you're a waiter in an Italian restaurant, *but otherwise a masterpiece of seduction by LV. * *Think of it ! * You'll smell like a *wonderful dish of linguini with olive oil. *How many millions of women want to break their diet? *Can't miss.

Happy Hunting, *
    (just remember you're also the prey)

---------------
    BTW in addition to the above mentioned lunacy, I get tons of compliments on:

a) The Fig Newton with a hint of leather ( John Varvatos)
    and
    b) The sun tan lotion/ Pina Colada ( Marc Jacobs)

Maybe I could buy them with GIT and get a discount?

Cheers,

Mario 8-)

My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

As of today it would be envy and rochas man. They have been battle tested and they always shine. But I think there are different styles or scent levels when it comes down to people. I know some people that's into bootleg frags and cheap stuff. They will comment on or even go crazy over anything that has sillage like axel body sprays,etc like axel but I'm not knocking it, and the high end stuff would be say coolwater, etc. Now we have the others that appreciate a nice smelling man,sometimes I hear women talking about some guys and how good they smell. So the cheap stuff and fakes might not work with them(not saying coolwater is cheap but its too common) as they have some knowledge about frags.. And check this out, I use to wear envy 3 times a week and don't get complimented by a certain female. But one day she do compliment me on it after months and she said her man wears candies because she likes it but she is a jealous type that likes to brag on her man about what they got and all, and I guess she got up the nerve and pushed her pride aside to admit that I do smell better than her man. So I'm thinking she liked the envy when I wore it months ago. And finally got the nerve to actually tell me. Did anyting make since. Maybe some people are shy to make a comment or there can be several reasons why some people don't.

Jean Pascal
    Creed's Original Vetiver
    Rive Gauche
    Le Dandy
    Marc Jacobs for Men
    A*Men
    Imperial Jade Emporer
    The Dreamer

Maybe they think I'm rich? ;D

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Two waitresses I know (on two different days) complimented me on Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto. The strange thing was, however, that I could barely smell it when wearing it and was wondering if anyone else could!

Default Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Me:

(1) Gris Clair
    (2) Kouros
    (3) Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    (4) Musc Ravageur
    (5) Voleur de Roses
    Last edited by Red_Rose; 30th September 2006 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Your top 5 most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Dude - I don't think I've gotten 5 compiments ever, let alone 5 this year.

1. Gendarme 20
    2. Creed Original Vetiver
    3. Diptyque Tam Dao
    4. Azzaro Pour Homme
    5. Malle Musc Ravageur

5. Kenneth Cole Reaction

4. Z by Zegna

3. Polo Blue

2. Ungaro III

and the number one compliment getting fragrance for me this year as been without a doubt

CREED SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER!!!!!!!

Honorable mentions include:
    Dior homme, Himalaya, GIT, Guerlain Vetiver, Cristobal, John Varvatos, Rive Gauche, L'Instant, Vera Wang, Floris Santal, AdGio, D&G pour homme

1. Green Irish Tweed
    2. L'Eau D'Issey
    3. Egoïste

...are the only three I can remember this year.

Default Re: Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

This is easy since I have gotten exactly 3 compliments this past year. The fragrances were:
    1) CdG Sequoia
    2) Gucci Envy
    3) Aramis Bermuda Tonic

Default Re: Your most complimented frags this year from the opposite sex

Working in an office full of females, I fall under a fair amount of scrutiny. Their favorites seem to be:

L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Idole
    Himalaya
    Original Santal
    Millesime Imperial