Code of Conduct
Page 40 of 104 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,400 of 6231

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by deresh View Post
    well lately i have been getting compliments for JPG La male alot. And when i'm wearing it it seems that girls like to be close to me
    lol. not surprised at all. im sure if there was some kind of fragrance God keeping count of every compliment someone got and kept record of ever fragrance that the compliments were given too, i can guarantee le male would be at least top 3, if not number 1

Default which scent "types/directions" do women usually prefer on men?

regarding oriental, spicy, green, fresh/citrus, woody etc... where do you usually get compliments or what are your experiences which "style" of fragrances girls usually like? most girls i met seem to like fresh/aquatic/citrus fragrances and the funny thing is the more masculine/dark/unique a scent is the less they seem to like it...its almost as if girls want to smell a guy rather like another women... but then again women usually say A and choose B...so....?!

Default Re: which scent "types/directions" do women usually prefer on men?

I seldom get compliments, but this far I've got compliments on:
    A*men: 3 (my mother + 2 other females)
    Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge: 1 (my mother!)
    Armani Code: 1 (a guy at work)

So I guess over the top-gourmands works best for me, unfortunatly I can't stand A*men nowadays. I also know Le Male and AdG gets lots of compliments (especially Le Male), probably because they're overused. That said, I no longer care, I wear the fragrances I like. If someone else like them that's a bonus. I can also mention Nasomatto Silver Musk, it seems to attract both females and males at all ages. When I wear this to work people flock around me and talk about everything and nothing, it's actually a bit awkward as I'm not used to it...

They like all of them. But not always. Pick what you like and go from there.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

Well, since many people are going to point this out down the road I might get it out of the way: Everybody is different, different women like different things. But also, everything gives different impressions on everybody, not only due to skin chemistry, but also due to the impression your appearance gives.

Having said, most younger girls like either fresh/aquatic/sport fragrances, that's true. As long as the fragrance you have on is strong and is not bad, you can receive compliments on it. The second category is obviously sweet fragrances. Before I started getting really into fragrances, and started liking Woody, ambery and complex spicy fragrances, I mainly liked sweet, powdery and creamy fragrances. No surprise many of those fragrances were female fragrances (Ange ou Demon, Hypnotic Poison, Kenzo Flower), while 90% of men fragrances were either fresh, which I dislike and still do, or smelt old to me. And it's also no surprise that people close to me, especially females, would criticize the fact that I had more female fragrances than I have male ones, despite the fact I'm from the middle east where gender is hardly an issue with fragrances. But guess what? I used to get many compliments, more so from those who criticized me before. They never stoped picking on the fact I use female fragrances, even though today, about 20% of my collection is female, rest is men and a lot of niche unisex fragrances.

Despite the fact it seemed I got a lot of negative comments on the Idea of me using female fragrances, in reality it got a lot of compliments, the ones that criticized me the most were my sisters and girlfriends, and those were the ones who gave me the most compliments and Secretly enjoyed my hobby, and kept burying their noses and stealing my bottles.

I'll put it down this way, and this generally applies to younger girls with average knowledge of perfumes, does not apply on girls with a more refined taste and experience, who are usually older:

A. Sometimes people, and girls, just appreciate the fact that a guy smells good and clean, Nothing accomplishes that better than Fresh/Aquatics/Citrus fragrances. They're all just ok, clean and inoffensive. Perhaps soapy scents would get the same kind of attention. More complex scents are easy to dislike if you get a glimpse of them for 2 seconds, or are two confusing to be liked immediately.

B. Gourmands, powdery, sweet and creamy fragrances. Le Male, 1 Million, Burberry Bit, Black XS along with many others, most of these fragrances are absolutely fine on a girl, and save for a few spices they can be easily be sold as a women fragrance. You probably can see where I'm going here....Sure there are quite a few designer fragrances which fall into this category, many Niche, and most of the designer ones are usually best sellers no surprise. Do you see where I'm going yet? Women fragrances, nothing to feminine (that's ok to wear but not for attracting girls). As much as woman would deny it, here is how it goes: Woman fragrances are made to appeal to women, and there are just so many women fragrances that the ladies love, don't listen to what they say. Sure there are men fragrances that are attractive, but come on, put some hypnotic poison on and see how much ladies like it.

Short answer, women, who have limited experience with perfumes, will like the man to either smell clean, or sweet and yummy. This second category gives you a clear indication that the ladies like women fragrances on a man, as long as they don't know it's a womens one.

I believe many young girls who have not been exposed to fragrance like the fresh smells, now if you are dealing with a girl who is a bit older i would say gourmands are almost always a winner, the mature strong woodsy types might throw them off.

Blog Entries

Myself l like the warm, rich, sweet fragrances most on a man, Black XS & Farenheit being very good examples. l also have no objection to the idea of a man wearing "women's" fragrances, & as l recently said in a post elsewhere, l would love to smell Carnal Flower on a man. But then l guess l'm no longer what you'd call a "young girl"!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

In a nutshell, I'd say that gourmands are among the fragrance categories which get the highest proportion of good feedback

The citrus woody aromatics(including bergamot,neroli notes and amber woody base notes) types get my attention
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

It depends upon the woman's personal preferences, age, culture, and experience with fragrances.

My current companion greatly prefers that I wear slightly sweet, rich, soft, woody, spicy, or gourmand scents. My companion before that preferred fresh scents and fresh fougeres. The one before her almost insisted that I stick to citrus scents and classic colognes.

I try to accomodate them as much as is reasonable, but I don't restrict myself too much. ;-)

Ive noticed that most females prefer fresh/aquatic scents. Also gourmands

Each girl is different, and many times, differs day-to-day, week-to-week herself.
    But generally, I get the most compliments, naturally, on scents with lots of sillage, which have moderate to heavy sweetness. I tend not to get as many compliments on "quieter" scents, naturally. but the compliments for those "quiet" scents are from ones who matter.

Quiet Innocence

I think it depends on whether the woman views you as a friend or potential sex interest. Soft, sweet, feminine scents put heterosexual women at ease (duh!). The woody masculine scents force women to view you as a sex object. If they find you attractive, then the masculine scent enhances the attraction. If they don't find you attractive, then the scent turns them off. This is mostly subconscious, so women can still pretend to like you in spite of your scent or attractiveness. Most women are nice and pleasant, so you really can't tell.

I wear soft, sweet scents for fun and relaxation. When the moment turns hot and wild, I go for the woody, masculine juice.
    Last edited by Quiet Innocence; 12th September 2010 at 10:00 PM.

The scent of money!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I believe many young girls who have not been exposed to fragrance like the fresh smells, now if you are dealing with a girl who is a bit older i would say gourmands are almost always a winner, the mature strong woodsy types might throw them off.
    I agree. I think many men, as well, have been sold on aquatics and cannot handle the chypres and goumands. What a shame.

Give me a man with his jasmine indoles any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by squatter View Post
    I think it depends on whether the woman views you as a friend or potential sex interest. Soft, sweet, feminine scents put heterosexual women at ease (duh!). The woody masculine scents force women to view you as a sex object. If they find you attractive, then the scent enhances the attraction. If they don't find you attractive, then the scent turns them off. This is mostly subconscious, so women can still pretend to like you in spite of your scent or attractiveness. Most women are nice and pleasant, so you really can't tell.

I wear soft, sweet scents for fun and relaxation. When the moment turns hot and wild, I go for the woody, masculine juice.
    I think this is an oversimplified view of the fragrance experience. However, on the other hand, I agree that a woman will not find you attractive if you are not appealing in other aspects, regardless of your scent or the designer name or how much you spent on it.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Polo Black has been quite successful on me recently. I've only worn it 3 times, but on two separate occasions I was told how great I smelt and both ladies inquired the name of the fragrance.

Yesterday I wore YSL Opium pour Homme. When I stopped to talk to some girls I know they asked who gave that smell of perfume. When I said it was me the girls literally began sniffing on my neck. That was my joy of the day. lol. I think thats a good score when girls starts sniffing on ones neck, dont you think? haha

Last edited by Ultramagnus; 30th December 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Creed Aventus got me two separate compliments on Friday. One was from a 60-ish secretary in my office. The other was from a woman in her 20's who works at a Quizno's sandwich shop. They both REALLY liked it. Both asked the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramagnus View Post
    Hi. Thanks for posting this.
    Polo Black has been one of my recent blind buys but I'm finding it difficult to wear - I think I'm a little self consciousness of smelling a bit *too* much like a spicy mango.

Did the two ladies who complimented you make any comment as to why they liked it? - did they make any reference to the mango/fruit note? Also, just out of interest what sort of age range were they?
    Hi there! I'm glad someone was able to benefit from my post. To answer question, none of the girls specifically commented on why they liked it, but being that it is fresh (mango), spicy and dries down to something woody, its pretty versatile and appealing. The young ladies who commented on my scent were both in their mid to late 20s. If you're not use to long-lasting fruit notes, then I can understand your trepidation. However, don't worry about getting any weird looks. I am confident that women of all age groups will appreciate this especially since it has a woody finish.

what is the difference between polo black and polo double black?

1) What "you" think smells great is usually not the same thing as what a woman think smells great. Do you think Kouros stinks? So do I, but there are a lot of women who like this smell for some reason so if that is your aim, try to learn to like it.
    Here's why women like Kouros:

[QUOTE]To experience a perfume in its most ballsy form, seek out YSL's Kouros - a scent routinely compared to getting one's member out in public, it brings hygiene-obsessed Americans out in hives, while sending British women quite derangedQUOTE]

Rest of this article by Hannah Betts, if it's not already well-known is http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...me-ingredients
    Measure twice. Cut once.

Sur la Plage

My latest compliment was when I was wearing Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

[QUOTE=Pamplemousse;1931329]Here's why women like Kouros:

To experience a perfume in its most ballsy form, seek out YSL's Kouros - a scent routinely compared to getting one's member out in public, it brings hygiene-obsessed Americans out in hives, while sending British women quite derangedQUOTE]

Rest of this article by Hannah Betts, if it's not already well-known is http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...me-ingredients
    Thank you for this great article. I have save it to my laptop.
    I must say that I get some compliments from Kouros even at work from coworkers out of all places. I have finally developed a tasted for kouros. I have a 1.7oz and will replace it when the time comes.
    Since ChuckW has let the new dog out, I must say I get numerous compliments on Aventus. It apparently has very good Sillage even when you no longer smell it and we know about the longivity. A young female who works at the front office said she could smell me all over the office and took two deep inhales and let out a sound of pleasure at the end. So by far, Aventus is the one and only. I have been reluctant to buy Le male and YSL L'homme, but after seeing all these positive responses I might have to give it a try again.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Last edited by Ultramagnus; 30th December 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Creed Aventus got me two separate compliments on Friday. One was from a 60-ish secretary in my office. The other was from a woman in her 20's who works at a Quizno's sandwich shop. They both REALLY liked it. Both asked the name.
    No surprise there, Aventus is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    The two that get me a lot of compliments are Hanae Mori and Eau d'Sud bu AG. They are understated and the gals and some guys like them.
    Trex which Hanae Mori the EDP or EDT?

ive gotten 6 compliments in 2 days at school wearing Le Male

I was walking to class this morning and there was a girl walking behind me. She started speeding up, almost semi jogging (because we were both getting late to class). So I thought to myself that she is just speeding up to get a better sniff of my cologne. Not even a minute after I had that thought she comes right next to me (while still jogging) and ask "what cologne are you wearing?" and I replied her and she responded by " that smells really good"

Cologne in this scenario: BLEECKER STREET. ( I put four pumps of it on one on each side of the neck and one behind each ear and seemed to work perfectly).

I've gotten most female compliments for Chergui on me.
    I am not surprised that Le Male gets you so many compliments. It smells great on the right guys.

just bought chanel allure homme sport yesterday and i have two compliments already..

holy shit...

just stepped out to get a couple things from the grocery store, and put on a couple sprays of acqua di gio

i guess this women somehow has never smelled acqua di gio in her life (i have no idea how)

but nevertheless, ive never seen someone so entoxicated by my fragrance.

i walked by her in one of the isles, and she immediately stopped me and took a huge whiff and said "i had no idea anything in the world can smell so amazing". like this girl was legitly freaking out. i thought she was going to cry from astonishment.

she asked the name of it and i told her and she said shes heard of it(of course she has, unless shell lived under a rock her whole life) and shes definetly going to buy it for her husband

i guess Acqua Di Gio still got it goin on huh??

i cant wait to wear Pure Malt out tomorrow night.

Got my first ever on Creed Bois du Portugal last night
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Got at least 5 compliments last night wearing GIT, I don't know what it is about that cologne but it always grabs attention.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    just bought chanel allure homme sport yesterday and i have two compliments already..
    Not surprising. I wore this fragrance a lot in college and on many nights became the center of attention for this fragrance alone.

That is a really great scent that I have been complimented on before. You can't go wrong with AHS.

Today was the third time I got compliments on M7 .Its awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Today was the third time I got compliments on M7 .Its awesome.
    that tobacco dry down is awesome but i fear that for my age i can't pull it off (25). perhaps for a suit/tie dinner party would be best for my age otherwise its way too strong for me

Quote Originally Posted by PhlyerFan View Post
    Not surprising. I wore this fragrance a lot in college and on many nights became the center of attention for this fragrance alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    That is a really great scent that I have been complimented on before. You can't go wrong with AHS.
    lol i actually exchanged it for Pure Malt. I bought AHS the day beofre the nordstrom lady called me up and told me that Pure Malt has indeed arrived and they have put a bottle on hold for me.

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    that tobacco dry down is awesome but i fear that for my age i can't pull it off (25). perhaps for a suit/tie dinner party would be best for my age otherwise its way too strong for me
    I wore M7 when I was 25 and got compliments. Hint - layer it with kouros, brings out the best of both scents and balances out the worst. I discovered this pairing by accident - when I was buying one, I sprayed both on the same wrist by accident, and thought that smells great! Bought one, and then got home and realised what had happened. SO I ended up buying them both and wearing them together

i wear la nuit as a daytime scent, and it's my most complimented, but then again I do wear it more often than anything else. For me, its an everyday scent, not just a special occasions scent.It's low key but strong, mysterious and intoxicating (I know that's a weird word, but I always think mysterious and intoxicating when I smell it). I like it ten times better than l'homme itself.
    1. La Nuit De L'homme
    2. Bvlgari Extreme
    3. Gucci Pour Homme
    4. Body Kouros
    5. One Million

Quote Originally Posted by pawful View Post
    I wore M7 when I was 25 and got compliments. Hint - layer it with kouros, brings out the best of both scents and balances out the worst. I discovered this pairing by accident - when I was buying one, I sprayed both on the same wrist by accident, and thought that smells great! Bought one, and then got home and realised what had happened. SO I ended up buying them both and wearing them together
    I may have to try this. I actually like both of these frags. Kouros was one that actually grew on me. My wife hates it but some girls at work told me it smells great on me. So I thought, since I have it might as well wear it and eventually I started to wear it layered with Kouros Tattoo and now by itself. how do you layer it. One spray each to each area or what?
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I wore it 3 sprays of M7 and one of Kouros, on my chest under clothes. for everyday wear, especially during winter. I would have put on more in evening.
    Kouros grew on me too, after the initial horror of wearing it by itself.
    I bought a new bottle of M7 recently, but might sell it off unopened. I do like it, but it never felt complete to me without at touch of Kouros.

Got 2 great compliments last night wearing Hanae Mori EDT, the EDP isn't necessary IMO....

1) L'eau de Issey
    2) Armani Black Code
    3) Acqua de Gio
    4) Lalique pour homme (Lion)

BTW, I am in my 30s and the compliments were mostly by women in their 30s, if that helps.

Le Male and Green Irish Tweed have gotten me a few recently...

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Hands down it is Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Farragamo, and I get compliments from men too with TS. After that, in a more distant second and third place I would have to say Silver Mountain Water by Creed and Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I got a compliment on wearing Allure Homme Sport today. Well, the room got the compliment. A girl said that whatever the cologne was she could smell it was amazing. She proceeded to ask if anyone of the men wee wearing cologne. one guy said he was but she shot him down by saying the smell was already here before he had arrived.

I just sat and smiled to myself.

Definetly La Nuit De L'homme. I was at a party thursday. Got 5 or 6 compliments. In the morning the girl i ended up sleeping with said, and i quote

"What was that ORGASMIC cologne you where wearing?" That's a compliment if i've ever heard one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Metalica77 View Post
    Definetly La Nuit De L'homme. I was at a party thursday. Got 5 or 6 compliments. In the morning the girl i ended up sleeping with said, and i quote

"What was that ORGASMIC cologne you where wearing?" That's a compliment if i've ever heard one lol
    La Nuit seems to be getting a lot of compliments for people lately from what I'm reading, and I can understand why. A couple weeks ago, when I walked into a perfume store, I smelled this great smell that I couldn't quite pinpoint. As I walked in, I saw that dark bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme...So, I can definitely see why it does so well with the ladies. I'm just waiting for this horrendous heat wave to pass from Southern California, so I can start wearing this more.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    La Nuit seems to be getting a lot of compliments for people lately from what I'm reading, and I can understand why. A couple weeks ago, when I walked into a perfume store, I smelled this great smell that I couldn't quite pinpoint. As I walked in, I saw that dark bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme...So, I can definitely see why it does so well with the ladies. I'm just waiting for this horrendous heat wave to pass from Southern California, so I can start wearing this more.

Can't argue there, I've gotten several compliment son La Nuit. The best one was last winter when I went into dunkin donuts and the girl behind the counter said, "Excuse me, but what cologne is that, i've never smell anything like it before." She inquired about the name and I wrote it down for her. Great stuff....

I can understand why La Nuit is becoming a FTW lately. It has a great longevity and projection on me, the scent itself is very spicy, seductive, I don't wear it as often as I should

la nuit and d&b ph have slightly similar dry down

Its my experience that women under 40 like the cleaner/fresher scents whilst over 40 enjoy the more darker, muskier scents!

I wore the original YSL L'homme to class today and the girl sitting next to me said "oh my god u smell SO good" when i walked in.

I wore the original YSL L'homme to class today and the girl sitting next to me said "oh my god u smell SO good" when i walked in.
    you gonna get the edp?

Talking HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey basenote community, my name is Kevin im 23 from Orlando,Fl. Im looking for the best sweet(fruit or no fruit) frag that can be used in the spring/summer days that can last at least 5-6 hours. I have my casual day scent(He wood rocky mountain) and im looking for something to basicly woooooo the ladies when its hot and humid but it needs to be sweet and it would be nice if the bottle didnt cost more than $150. Thanks for answering my question and take it easy fellow basenoters. ( BTW: My night sweety is play intense)

Default Re: HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried the original Play? It's fairly sweet and a great all around day scent, IMO.

Another one that ladies seem to love, and lasts forever, is Versace PH.

Of course, you can't go wrong with either GIT or MI from Creed, either.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Default Re: HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!