Code of Conduct
Page 42 of 104 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,520 of 6184

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme View Post
    he tries too hard. just look at his avatar pic lmao.
    jealous much? I do not see your pic. Probably look like fragglerock with no teeth lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    jealous much? I do not see your pic. Probably look like fragglerock with no teeth lmao.
    Ouch!!!! Do you like Eau du Sud by AG(off topic but?)

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    never tried it

jealous of what?

I do have a suggestion for you. Its one I like and it does get a lot of compliments from ladies and guys too. Its Blue Sugar from Aqualina. Its not expensive at all. Its a gourmand I guess. You will end smelling like a cross between creme brulee and licorice with a shot of Pernod. Be careful, someone might want to lick your neck. I havent made any snide comments this is a friendly suggestion from a relative newbie.

i was at a party the other day and this girl kept walking around me and saying "god damn! who smellls sooo good!"

i didnt say anything, but eventually her nose lead her to me and she asked me what i was wearing..

Burberry Brit

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme View Post
    jealous of what?
    You do not have the brain power and i do not have the time to explain it to you.

Got one today for Ed Hardy Love & Luck. Three yesterday for Euphoria Intense. Don't blame them, Euphoria Intense is one maybe 4-5 fragrances that have me constantly sniffing myself like a labrador.

Some girl told me i smell really sexy today

Armani Code

Women my age, (early 20's) seem to dig the aquatics.

Default Re: HEEELLPP.....I need suggestions for my future daytime panty dropper!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    I'm sorry but this guy and "pantry dropper" should not even be in the same thread haha!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Got one on my Chanel Bleu a few minutes ago. 9 hours after application, but I did wear 6 sprays. A lady came to my office to get my signature on some checks, and she said "it sure smells good in here!"
    Yeah! checks smell good, even more it they have funds.

One more for Rive Gauche. The cheapest and the only one that consistently hits.

Spent at least a few hours going through the last 10 pages (since the point in which the guy on page 31 summarized the thread- last November- then I saw someone summarized on pg. 37, d'oh!). I was mostly curious as to what the new list might look like because I saw La Nuit getting a lot of mentions.

I also separated out regular Kouros from Body Kouros based on skimming the first 20 pages (about a 3:2 ratio for regular) before starting. I remain confused by the A*MEN/ THIERRY MUGLER relationship (and I combined it with Angel for Men based on info from someone's post).

Now that we've established that I'm a complete noob & have lots of time on my hands, here are the top mentions over the past year(-ish):

GREEN IRISH TWEED 17
    ROCHAS MAN 15
    JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE 14
    ALLURE HOMME SPORT/ CHANEL 13
    AQUA DI GIO/ ARMANI 10
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER/ CREED 10
    A*MEN/ THIERRY MUGLER/ ANGEL FOR MEN 10
    CODE BLACK/ ARMANI 10
    M7 + M7 FRESH 10
    BODY KOUROS 10
    DIOR HOMME 9
    LA NUIT by YSL 8
    LOLITA LEMPICKA 7
    BURBERRY LONDON 7
    YSL L'HOMME 7
    MILLESIMME IMPERIAL/ CREED 6
    EGOISTE + EGOISTE PLATINUM/ CHANEL 6
    CHROME/ AZZARO 6
    FUEL FOR LIFE/ DIESEL 6
    RIVE GAUCHE 5
    TERRE ´D HERMES 5
    HANAE MORI 5
    THE DREAMER/ VERSACE 5
    AVENTUS by CREED 5
    KOUROS 4
    DOLCE & GABBANA POUR HOMME 4
    ENVY/ GUCCI 4
    BLACK AOUD/ MONTALE 4
    BURBERRY BRIT 4
    L´INSTANT POUR HOMME 4
    BULGARI AQUA 4
    JOHN VARVATOS 4
    VERSACE MAN 4
    VERSACE POUR HOMME 4

Overall Top 25 Update:

GREEN IRISH TWEED 76
    MILLESIMME IMPERIAL/ CREED 53
    ROCHAS MAN 41
    ISSEY MIAYKE LÉAU DISSEY 39
    AQUA DI GIO/ ARMANI 38
    SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER/ CREED 38
    RIVE GAUCHE 37
    A*MEN/ THIERRY MUGLER/ ANGEL FOR MEN 35
    TERRE ´D HERMES 34
    CODE BLACK/ ARMANI 33
    EGOISTE + EGOISTE PLATINUM/ CHANEL 33
    JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE 32
    ALLURE HOMME SPORT/ CHANEL 31
    DIOR HOMME 31
    KOUROS 31
    M7 + M7 FRESH 30
    DOLCE & GABBANA POUR HOMME 29
    ALLURE HOMME/ CHANEL 27 29
    BODY KOUROS 28
    COOL WATER/ DAVIDOFF 27
    HANAE MORI 25
    CHROME/ AZZARO 24
    ENVY/ GUCCI 23
    BLACK AOUD/ MONTALE 21
    MUSC RAVAGEUR 21

The thing I did when I counted and tallied back on pg37 was not include just the 'single' compliment posts. Just kept it to the people who listed their most complimented frags. I've gotten single compliments on just about every cologne I wear. Women will say 'you smell good' no matter you are wearing just cause you actually smell like you care about your hygiene since many men don't go the extra mile.

Thanks for the effort, I was thinking about doing it again but just didn't feel up to it, yet.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    The thing I did when I counted and tallied back on pg37 was not include just the 'single' compliment posts. Just kept it to the people who listed their most complimented frags. I've gotten single compliments on just about every cologne I wear. Women will say 'you smell good' no matter you are wearing just cause you actually smell like you care about your hygiene since many men don't go the extra mile.

Thanks for the effort, I was thinking about doing it again but just didn't feel up to it, yet.
    That actually makes more sense than what I did. Not much change other than La Nuit anyway. Off to Nordstrom to grab some samples...

edit: "Not much change other than La Nuit" (and Aventus)

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    Eau du Sud is OK. I particularly like Eau D'hadrien a little bet better.

I must confess. When I first joined this site. I looked at all those on the top 30 and bought many of them blind. Now, I have about 60 frags that just sit there collecting dust since I keep going for the same frags everytime. They are great frags but too many to have on a rotation. My loss will be somebody's gain.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Le Male are the champion here, follow by 1 Million

Terre D'Hermes, Voyage D'Hermes
    and surprisingly Dolce & Gabbana The One, even though I don't like it much.
    (I'm 23)

Frequently, CK Obsession, or Eternity. Also, Gucci Nobile, Escada for men, Ralph Lauren Romance, PS Paul Sebastian, CK Intense Euphoria and one that is long discontinued, but wish was around: Paul Sebastian Guess.

got ~5 off bvlgari aqua in the summer.
    my fall/winter game needs some stepping up, only one so far from the dreamer.

Sur la Plage

A gay male executive in our company told me I smelled really good. I was wearing Le Labo Rose 31.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Maybe some women will, but this woman won't. If the scent is not good, you won't get a comment. (you might get a wide berth) If it's good, I'll comment. In the form of "what you're wearing smells good... what is it?" (just in case I might like to get that scent myself.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Le Male should be on top of the list: wear every fragrance mentioned here once for a whole day and I'm almost 100% sure you'll receive the most compliments on Le Male
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I have thought about getting Le Male many times but I have not pulled the trigger. The same goes for YSL L'homme, and Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Although, If I get Chanel, it will be the blanche edition. One of these days, I may have to see if someone would like to trade one of mine for them.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    A gay male executive in our company told me I smelled really good. I was wearing Le Labo Rose 31.
    Le Labo is a great fragrance that I don't wear often enough. As a matter of fact, I might just wear it today to the football game.

I know that many people do not like Bond No9 Oud, but I get compliment on it everytime I wear it. The best thing is that you apply lightly in the AM and it stays with you all day.

Got a compliment on the bus here in Canada, and I was wearing Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

In two years of seriously wearing fragrance I had never gotten a compliment....THEN in the last two days, I got back-to-back

I was wearing Creed MI and L'Occitan Eau des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Damn fine stuff. The biggest compliment I got from Rose 31 was somebody asking me if I just came back from the barber shop.

Everytime..literally EVERYTIME i wear Givenchy Pour Homme i get complimented.

I must be going through a dry spell. I have not gotten a compliment in about a week with the exemption of my wife's compliments. She is usually pretty honest and consistant which is the reason I still don't own Le Male, Allure homme Sport(which I owned and gave it to my brother, big mistake), and YSL La Nuit de L'homme. She hates Le Male and Allure homme sport, reason why I did above. She is very impartial to La Nuit de L'homme.
    I am going to have to break this streak soon, but what to wear to come out swinging.
    Maybe I should take some pointers from Johnny19. He seems to be the most complimented guy on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Damn fine stuff. The biggest compliment I got from Rose 31 was somebody asking me if I just came back from the barber shop.

Really I figured you would get a compliment like that while wearing Rive Gauche or Cooper Square, the new fragrance by Bond No9, or even Centaure by MPG, but not Rose 31.

I must say, my hat goes out to Aventus. I had gone about a week without a compliment on my fragrances. So I decided to wear Aventus, to see if it would bring and end to that streak. I was at work for a total of 3min and a fellow coworker commented on my pink shirt and followed by "and you smell great too. You can't come to work smelling like that". Now, She is about 36yrs old, blonde and around 115lbs. Proof that this fragrance appeals to all ages and it's definetely a compliment grabber.

lol adding to my compliment streak: went to class today. i arrived early so i was one of only 5 people in the class. a girl arrived in class and said "damn jonny u smell good!" and the girl behind her was like "yeah i was gunna say the same thing. what r u wearing?"

it kinda boosts ur status a little bit when u tell a girl ur wearing Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Now, She is about 36yrs old, blonde and around 115lbs.
    I must try some Aventus. I have to get my hands on it. As a side not - I love that you think she is 36. Not around 35. That is a very precise guess.

guys if u really want attnetion and compliments from women, the answer is simple.

Le Male.

It might not be the opening to women that is amazing, but if you put it on, by the time u drive to where ever it is your going and it cooks on your skin, your smell will be irresitable to women.

Le Male is the greatest compliment getting in the history of fragrance in my opinion. I could guarantee that Le Male has been complimented more then any other fragrance in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Rescentment View Post
    I must try some Aventus. I have to get my hands on it. As a side not - I love that you think she is 36. Not around 35. That is a very precise guess.
    Well, you might be right. I just know that she is a little younger that I. I should know her age as we have been working together for over 6yrs. lol Needless to say, she is a very good looking lady.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    guys if u really want attnetion and compliments from women, the answer is simple.

Le Male.

It might not be the opening to women that is amazing, but if you put it on, by the time u drive to where ever it is your going and it cooks on your skin, your smell will be irresitable to women.

Le Male is the greatest compliment getting in the history of fragrance in my opinion. I could guarantee that Le Male has been complimented more then any other fragrance in the world
    It would not work on my wife. She gets sick at the smell of it. One main reason why I have not bought it. I have wanted to, many times, but can't bring myself to buy another frag that will make my wife sick. I have enough with Kouros, Terre d'hermes, Michael kors, Guerlain Vetiver, D&C L'Amoureux, Boucheron, Joop, and about six others. I particularly like these frags eventhough they were blind buys. Maybe one day, I can trade some of these for Le Male, Chanel Allure Sport, and La nuit de L'homme. That way I will not add to the count just change it a little bit. lol

dude. your wife hates Le Male AND Allure Homme Sport AND La Nuit ?! r u serious?? is that possible????

i think the solution is clear

Find a new wife!

haha just kidding man.

What fragrances does she like then?

im sure she likes FCUK him with her taste

dude. your wife hates Le Male AND Allure Homme Sport AND La Nuit ?! r u serious?? is that possible????

i think the solution is clear

Find a new wife!
    haha just kidding man.

What fragrances does she like then?
    I have given that some thought. lol

She actually likes Bond No9: Bleeker Street, Montouk, Oud, New Haarlem, Riverside Drive.
    Creed: Aventus (I think her favorite at this time), VIW, SMW.
    Tom Ford: Oud wood, Tuscan Leather.
    Ralph Lauren: Purple Lable, Polo Blue and Black.
    Thiery Mugler: Pure Malt, B-men, Ice Man.
    Versace: Eau Fraiche, Pour Homme.
    Aqua di Gio, D&C light blue, Lacoste Orange(not the red, style and play), L'eau D'Issey, Rochas Man.
    These are some of the ones I can name off the top of my head. There may be a few others. So really I think she has likes all over the place, so I cannot figure why she does not like any of those three. I know for sure she does not like anything that dries to a powdery scent ie, Le Male, Joop, Boid du Portugal etc but I don't get why she does not like Allure Homme Sport and La nuit de L'homme, which might be the one she tolerates the most out of the three.

Jonny, as much as I like your enthusiasm it really isn't that simple. For one thing not everyone likes the smell of Le Male, myself included. The dry down is just nauseating after awhile imho. Plus not everyone is a 19 year old college student and mostly surrounded by pubescent teens.

A guy who wears suits, is 40 and spends most of their time at the office is not going to be comfortable wearing Le Male. They also want to be noticed for their scent and not because they smell unprofessional. So they aren't allowed to or won't ever get compliments, too? There's a wide variety of colognes on the list here that suit all sorts of styles and age groups.

Lastly Le Male isn't even in the top 10 on the list so obviously there are plenty of people who have had success with numerous other frags in getting positive feedback from females and yes, Jonny, they were not wearing Le Male.

I can't stand LeMale. i tried to like it it but the mint and lavender are just too overpowering to me no matter how many compliments it may garner.

Jonny, as much as I like your enthusiasm it really isn't that simple. For one thing not everyone likes the smell of Le Male, myself included. The dry down is just nauseating after awhile imho. Plus not everyone is a 19 year old college student and mostly surrounded by pubescent teens.

A guy who wears suits, is 40 and spends most of their time at the office is not going to be comfortable wearing Le Male. They also want to be noticed for their scent and not because they smell unprofessional. So they aren't allowed to or won't ever get compliments, too? There's a wide variety of colognes on the list here that suit all sorts of styles and age groups.

Lastly Le Male isn't even in the top 10 on the list so obviously there are plenty of people who have had success with numerous other frags in getting positive feedback from females and yes, Jonny, they were not wearing Le Male.
    yeah. i wasnt being as serious as you think i was when i said that. I was kinda just saying that for me it works very well. But i agree with alot of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I can't stand LeMale. i tried to like it it but the mint and lavender are just too overpowering to me no matter how many compliments it may garner.
    +1 Well...maybe wouldn't say "can't stand it" but definitely never plan to own it despite the popularity with the ladies. I used to go to a barber a few years back (before fragrances had any priority in my mind) who used to douse himself in LeMale. It seemed to work well enough for him, but definitely not for me. Just overpowered everything else.

Got two today for Chanel Allure Sport today. Mid 80's here in the Bay Area, perfect it seems for this fragrance to work.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Well actually i get most compliments from Brut...and not from the cologne...but the deodorant stick. I have a good sized collection, but most of my scents are not complimented on at all (but who knows what people think within their minds). So I use my brut deodorant with Trimax, cuz it honestly gets more compliments than any of my fragrances....I know deodorant is a bit unrelated, but hey...its what works for me in the area of compliments.

I finally broke down and bought Le Male. I found a 1.3oz bottle out of all places Walmart while shopping with my wife. I figured that 40mls would not be such a bad investment. I may try it out to work tomorrow. I'll post if it brings any compliments. I am for sure going to get one negative feedback before leaving home from the wife. I just hope she does not get sick as she says this frag make her want to throw up. Don't want to wear some of that, that's for sure. lol

Pipsta,
    I just love your signature. There is alot of truth to it. Sometimes it amazes me how certain smells remind me of a location, a person, even an event.

I finally broke down and bought Le Male. I found a 1.3oz bottle out of all places Walmart while shopping with my wife. I figured that 40mls would not be such a bad investment. I may try it out to work tomorrow. I'll post if it brings any compliments. I am for sure going to get one negative feedback before leaving home from the wife. I just hope she does not get sick as she says this frag make her want to throw up. Don't want to wear some of that, that's for sure. lol
    Dude, is your wife really cool with you buying what we have clearly established is "fanny magnet" in a bottle? You're a lucky guy!
    Measure twice. Cut once.

aventus snagged a compliment recently.

Pipsta,
    I just love your signature. There is alot of truth to it. Sometimes it amazes me how certain smells remind me of a location, a person, even an event.
    Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Dude, is your wife really cool with you buying what we have clearly established is "fanny magnet" in a bottle? You're a lucky guy!
    I guess she knows that I am not going to bars or any hangouts. I usually go to work and then take the kids back and forth to soccer practice, Tae Kwon do, and swimming when she has to work late. But, I guess she is cool with me wearing good smelling stuff so I am lucky that way.

I wore Le male today. First thing in the AM, a negative comment from the wife, as expected. I got to work and the same coworker that gave me a compliment on Aventus, gave me another compliment. This time, it was, "Damm you smell good." First time I have ever heard her say a curse word. Another cowoker has been giving compliments all morning and now is thinking about buying it for herself. A receptionist gave me a negative feedback. After asking what I was wearing she said "you smell like an old lady" kiddingly. This was after I asked her for my money which she lost on a bet to me. So, I don't know if she really meant it. So, right now I have it 2 and 2 which would be neutral. However, the two positive compliments were very assertive. Where the negative feedback, one was expected and the other, hum, maybe not meant. Therefore, I am going to give this frag thumbs up.

For what it's worth, I have seen my buddy get 4 or 5 compliments from attractive women while he was wearing Le Male....I wore it for about a year and not one.

I have stopped women in their tracks wearing L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe. My girlfriend bought me MK High Velocity and she loves that, too.

I must have been sold a knock-off Le Male, because I never get compliments on it. In fact, I cannot recall ever getting one negative or positive reaction from it. While other frags I wear, get mostly positive reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stareffex View Post
    I must have been sold a knock-off Le Male, because I never get compliments on it. In fact, I cannot recall ever getting one negative or positive reaction from it. While other frags I wear, get mostly positive reactions.
    where did u buy it?

where did u buy it?
    I bought it on ebay, about least three years ago.

Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback.
    love it too.. may i quote it for a few days for my facebook??
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

for me i would say Opium PH Eau d' Orient

followed by Mugler's Cologne and Booster

i havent tried my Le Male much yet as i suspect my officemates might kill me :P
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by cmk20 View Post
    love it too.. may i quote it for a few days for my facebook??
    You absolutely may.... this makes me feel happy. I bet you got a couple drops on yourself as well... huh.