Code of Conduct
Page 43 of 104 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,580 of 6181

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

i just got complimented on Le Male 11 and a half hours after application. that is a new record for me. god damn this stuff is legendary. Bravo Francis Kurkdjian. Thank you for this fragrance that is definitely amongst the all time greats. All hail the holy grail!

ok those last 5 words are very contreversial, but when i take everything into consideration , to me, Le Male is the greatest fragrance of all time.

Green Irish Tweed is an amazing fragrance. Never have i smelled something so natural and "lush" as someone put it. Someone said the first time they smelled GIT it was like smelling in 3D for the first time. Thats a great way to put it in my opinion. But to me, i cant really say its the holy grail because although it is an amazing smell, its not out of this world.

Pure Malt was something i really thought could give Le Male a run for its money. One of the greatest scents ive ever smelled in my life. But some fragrance are winter fragrance, but are bearable with light application in the heat. then there are fragrances that are not bearable in the heat no matter how light you apply. and then there is Pure Malt. To me, Pure Malt is strictly a 60 degree or lower weather scent.

Then there is Le Male. Why is it my holy grail? To me, nothing smells more seductive. Nothing projects better. Nothing lasts longer. nothing gets more compliments. I dont care what people say about the bottle , but its my favorite bottle. Very unique and nice. Everything about this fragrance is an A+ to me.

i know i have alot of moments where i try a new fragrance and get way to excited about it. but now that i am calmed down and looked at everything from a fair scale, Le Male is ME.

I hope one day, if you already havent, that you all can find a fragrance that you love as much as i love Le Male

Just.... lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Anyone remember that guy who was more than in love with 212 men? The day has come.. We have found his successor!
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

This thread is now over 2500 replies and 300,000 views....... epic.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post

i know i have alot of moments where i try a new fragrance and get way to excited about it. but now that i am calmed down and looked at everything from a fair scale, Le Male is ME.
    Congrats that you found yourself . I recommend you to not post rave reviews after wearing EVERY new fragrance for 1 or 2 times. People WON'T take you serious if you change your top 5 every 2 days
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Anyone remember that guy who was more than in love with 212 men? The day has come.. We have found his successor!
    honestly, if that guy loves 212 men as much as i love Le Male, then im very happy for him. I really hope every finds the fragrance that makes them feel the way Le Male makes me feel.

For me, the ladies like the following on me.

Amouage Reflection
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Green Irish Tweed - I wear this one often, so I get the most compliments on this.
    Creed Aventus
    Creed MI
    Chanel Allure Sport
    Bleu De Chanel
    Issey Miyake L'EAU D'ISSEY

I got several positive comments on my Creed Original Santal at my Boss's Day party this AM.

*Just got another one from a complete stranger while in line at Quizno's!

This is also a favorite of my wife's on me.
    Last edited by ChuckW; 15th October 2010 at 06:05 PM.

i got probably the most important compliment today..from my mom.

now u might say "how could it be important? doesnt ur mom compliment you whenever?"

No.

My mom thinks im crazy for collecting so many fragrances, so she never says anything positive about any of my fragrances except today. So it must be damn good huh??

well done L'eau D'issey

Double post

Yeah I remember him. He was called Jeffery was he not?

And what happened to A*Men's champion, DJ Badger Kelley?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i got probably the most important compliment today..from my mom.

now u might say "how could it be important? doesnt ur mom compliment you whenever?"

No.

My mom thinks im crazy for collecting so many fragrances, so she never says anything positive about any of my fragrances except today. So it must be damn good huh??

well done L'eau D'issey
    lol.. i feel for you on your first paragraph, but for different a reason.. my mom's nose is sensitive and gets easily irritated, or so she says :P but she loves fahrenheit (the original version) on me..

and sounds damn good indeed (on your Issey)
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    You absolutely may.... this makes me feel happy. I bet you got a couple drops on yourself as well... huh.
    haha.. just a little of opium PH i should say, and a little of happiness today
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Burberry london gets me a large amount of female compliments.
    i was at a frat party yesterday and about 10 girls told me how great i smell

Quote Originally Posted by cmk20 View Post
    haha.. just a little of opium PH i should say, and a little of happiness today
    I may use yours on my facebook if you don't mind. I really like yours and pipsta's sig.

Let me ask a question, does anyone have longevity issues with Erolfa? I applied it fairly heavy, love the opening, but was gone to my nose withing two hours. Now, that's a record for me.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I may use yours on my facebook if you don't mind. I really like yours and pipsta's sig.

Let me ask a question, does anyone have longevity issues with Erolfa? I applied it fairly heavy, love the opening, but was gone to my nose withing two hours. Now, that's a record for me.
    On Erolfa, yep, it's a light one. Wear PLENTY.

Le Male should be on top of the list: wear every fragrance mentioned here once for a whole day and I'm almost 100% sure you'll receive the most compliments on Le Male
    Le Male always yes. I also get compliments from A Men and Boss NO 6 to add to more gourmands.

Everyone dogs on Curve, but it is another "go to scent" that women love.
    Platinum Egoiste also gets attention.

I wonder if it's possible to do words count with software to tally up the most named perfume from a thread like this.

Just a wishful thinking.

What happens to that word count when let's say someone says Le Male sucks? lol...

^^then that opinion is obviously invalid lol jk

1. The Dreamer

2. Fahrenheit

3. Angel for Men

4. Rochas Man

5. Z (Zegna)

6. Bois du Portugal

I've also found that girls like Dark Temptation (Axe Dry) Deodorant/Antiperspirant, as well as Kilo (Axe) Body Spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to do words count with software to tally up the most named perfume from a thread like this.

Just a wishful thinking.
    Here you go:

http://www.prioritysubmit.com/seotoo...ord-count.html

this is as usleless as it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post

Just a wishful thinking.
    That would certainly be possible if you could export an entire thread to a text file. But Pipsta is right, the back and forth discussion of some of these would throw off the genuine "vote" count. Maybe we could round up a few samples of the top compliment getters for whoever takes on the challenge of doing a tally.

We could put our votes into "structured" format like.

FOR:"Le Male"

or

AGAINST:"Le Male"

Of course anyone quoting texts will have to remove the formatted vote from their post prior to posting. Also properly study the name of the fragrance and it's spellings.

You know what ppl, I never wore Le Male on a date...hmmm, I might give it try once, I promise you and to myself

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    You know what ppl, I never wore Le Male on a date...hmmm, I might give it try once, I promise you and to myself
    I thin Le Male is overused in nightclubs and such, you'd want something more elegant rather than sexy. I say Chanel Allure, it smells really expensive.

And you will be told: Oh you smell like my ex-boyfriend
    Isn't safe. Another AdG when it comes to this.

fountain

i was complimented today, by a very lovely lady, on my bakir. strange, innit?

Musc Ravaveur got many compliments at the office today. I'll say at least 5. I may have to fork out for the 100mls for Christmas. This stuff is great. I kept getting whiffs of it all day. It's ecstasy in a bottle.lol

I just got some Amouage Memoir Men and cannot wait to try it. This stuff is so good. Can't wait to see how it does on my skin.

Creed Aventus. Very attractive 40 something woman who works in my office just peeked her head in and told me I smelled "really good."
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I got a compliment on L'eau d'Issey a few weeks ago.

Sad thing is that she asked me if it was Axe...

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Creed Aventus. Very attractive 40 something woman who works in my office just peeked her head in and told me I smelled "really good."
    How many sprays?

Creed Himalaya, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Dior Homme
    Looking for: Creed caps

Blog Entries

Creed aventus!!!!!!! Like nothing else....

Funny story, got complimented on my Light Blue the other day. Was with a couple of women and one said "my God, you smell so good, is that Acqua di Gio?" I responded that it was, in fact, Light Blue, by Dolce and Gabbana. I explained that while Acqua di Gio is popular and smells nice, I've never owned it. "It smells so good!"

2 hours later, as I was hugging her to leave, the other girl said "Oh she's right, you do smell good! Tell Giorgio he did a good job!"

*facepalm*

Le Male ... a female pilot co-worker was pretty interested in staying around me all night and kept giving me a good sniff
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PaveLL View Post
    And you will be told: Oh you smell like my ex-boyfriend
    Isn't safe. Another AdG when it comes to this.
    hahahahahahaha, FAIL

Gucci Envy got positive feedback, Azzaro Silver Black, Cerruti Pour Homme, Davidoff CW, Joop! Homme! too but it is very recognisable. There is no rule in fact to what one will get a comment on. Boss in Motion Black got me an ˝you smell so nice˝. M7 and JPG Le Male got commented by my gay friend only, the latter in a manner ˝for a str8 guy you're wearing such a gay perfume˝, the first, M7 that is - ˝I wanna eat you˝ wich resulted with my ˝three meters away from me or you'll be kissing a fist˝

Kenzo PH is very underestimated I must say!

[QUOTE=Zgb;

Kenzo PH is very underestimated I must say![/QUOTE]

That's true...when used judiciously, Kenzo PH can be quite appealing. I've had people come up to talk to me and halfway through the conversation they'll pause to ask me what I'm wearing. Then they let me know know how much they like it. Its quite versatile as well; its not exclusively a summer aquatic like many of the rest.

I commented on this a few years back, and said Rive Gauche. Well, nothing has changed. I've more than doubled the size of my collection, and Rive Gauche remains my #1 compliment getter, far and away.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    That's true...when used judiciously, Kenzo PH can be quite appealing. I've had people come up to talk to me and halfway through the conversation they'll pause to ask me what I'm wearing. Then they let me know know how much they like it. Its quite versatile as well; its not exclusively a summer aquatic like many of the rest.
    Indeed, it has this certain dark-ish heaviness that makes it suitable even for winter!

Had somebody excitedly ask who was wearing Cool Water today. It's a shame that I was wearing GIT...

I'm around alot of people in close quarters on weekends for my work and I typically get at least one compliment a night on my cologne no matter what I'm wearing. With all the talk about Le Male I decide to wear it Saturday night figuring I'll get multiple compliments on it. I didn't get one! LOL! Maybe next time I'll wear an extra spray or two since I kind of under sprayed thinking it was more powerful and don't wear it really ever so didn't want to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblowtorch View Post
    Three scents:

Polo Double Black
    Burberry London
    Dunhill Pursuit

In a perfect world, I could make do with just these three (well, and Idole de Lubin).
    Although not well received here, the Pursuit is one that almost always gets compliments.

Also Dunhill Desire Blue and Armani Code Black.

I work as a flower importer wholesaler so I mostly deal with women and or/ gay men and the 3 above seem to be commented on mostly by women, while Issey Miyake's L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme Tommy Bahama Very Cool, and Lacoste Style in Play get the most comments from men.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Here's what works for me:
    - Armani Code
    - YSL La Nuit De L'Homme
    - CK Intense Euphoria
    - CK Eternity

YSL and Armani have both gotten me an extremely high number of compliments (think around 40 in the past month or so). I'm relatively new to wearing the CK scents, but I've gotten an "oh my god, you smell *really, really* good," and a "you smell happy."

But yes. I'll have to try Le Male! Girls really seem to like anything with sweet notes (vanilla, tonka bean, fruits, etc.).

However, it isn't only the cologne you're wearing that's important, but the attitude that you carry with that fragrance. If you go creeping around someone, the only acknowledgement you're going to get is a punch in the face.

Mark

Here is my top 5

Platinum Egoiste - Chanel
    Dunhill Man
    Aventis - Creed
    Green Irish Tweed - Creed
    I Am King - Sean John

I forgot to add Bulgari Black. I frequently have women say they want to eat me when I'm wearing it!

I really don't seem to notice Chanel Allure in all this. Where are Allure wearers? I myself plan to own it soon. And there's the Armani Code thing, I seem to evade it constantly whilst I should not for it is a classic, although quite overworn

Armani Code is definitely a favorite amongst women. Ive heard so many women say its there favorite fragrance on a guy, maybe more so then any other fragrance

theyr complimenting the scent. so that means they know ur wearing one and its not ur particular smell.

if they compliment the scent it means they dont like you as a man.

Okay, electrorock, your post makes no sense. Care to elaborate?

They compliment the scent because it smells great, and is just one reason out of many to be interested in you. If they compliment the scent it means they're letting you know that they've taken some amount of interest in you, or else they wouldn't say anything at all.

Figures.
    Mark

you dont get laid much or what?

Quote Originally Posted by electrorock View Post
    theyr complimenting the scent. so that means they know ur wearing one and its not ur particular smell.

if they compliment the scent it means they dont like you as a man.
    If you want someone to sense your own smell, why take showers? Why use deoderant? why brush your teeth?
    All these things take away or weakens your natural scent and puts another scent or aroma in your skin. As far as I know, there are very few woman who go for the natural smell. The majority of woman would prefer a well spoken individual who is well groomed and has a good presentation. So to concise this statement and your next statement "you don't get laid much or what", The odds are that Mark may get more opportunities. Now, If he takes those opportunities or not, that is his own decision. Because "getting laid" does not mean you are a man by any means. There are many other characteristics, behavior, or acts that would concise who a man really is.
    Of course this is just my opinion, and opinions are like butt...., everyone has one.

I was complimented this week by a stranger on a fragrance I would've least expected -- Monsieur de Givenchy. Said she liked it, asked what I was wearing, and said that colognes usually give her a headache, but that this one did not. It's funny because up till recently I'd considered Monsieur de Givenchy to be sort of an "old man's fragrance" but I'd been reassessing it the last couple weeks, and this compliment definitely contributed to my reappraisal of it. I'm finally recognizing it for the classic excellence that it really is.

I really don't seem to notice Chanel Allure in all this. Where are Allure wearers? I myself plan to own it soon. And there's the Armani Code thing, I seem to evade it constantly whilst I should not for it is a classic, although quite overworn

Chanel Allure sport is great for the gym and Allure Edition Blanche is one of my summer favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    If you want someone to sense your own smell, why take showers? Why use deoderant? why brush your teeth?
    All these things take away or weakens your natural scent and puts another scent or aroma in your skin. As far as I know, there are very few woman who go for the natural smell. The majority of woman would prefer a well spoken individual who is well groomed and has a good presentation. So to concise this statement and your next statement "you don't get laid much or what", The odds are that Mark may get more opportunities. Now, If he takes those opportunities or not, that is his own decision. Because "getting laid" does not mean you are a man by any means. There are many other characteristics, behavior, or acts that would concise who a man really is.
    Of course this is just my opinion, and opinions are like butt...., everyone has one.

Never said that. The rest is irrelevant. If u dont know what i'm talking about u dont really know how women are.

Or maybe you're just a psychotic lunatic who isn't using proper grammar? Not to mention you aren't even trying to clarify your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmarkk View Post
    Or maybe you're just a psychotic lunatic who isn't using proper grammar? Not to mention you aren't even trying to clarify your argument.
    nice try,miss finicky... plus Huge amount of curiosity...hhmmm i hope ur a woman cuz ur acting like one.

but...i dont think so, mr flamer.

Quote Originally Posted by electrorock View Post
    Never said that. The rest is irrelevant. If u dont know what i'm talking about u dont really know how women are.
    I'm pretty sure no one knows what you're talking about or why you are insulting people for no reason.

Thank you, kingpin.

Anyway, I've also heard a lot of great things about Musc Ravageur. How're people finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Chanel Allure sport is great for the gym and Allure Edition Blanche is one of my summer favorites
    my new discovery - Allure Homme Edition Blanche = Moschino Uomo.

I was kind of baffled