Code of Conduct
Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,760 of 6138

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Guys, a new scent will possibly take over the reigns as my number one. You all know my devotion and love for Le Male, but something else is stealing my heart. You guys probably cant guess what it is, but im going to continue to sample it til Thursday and update the top ten!

indeed so.

man o man, how can I get 3 comments on an 8 dollar frag. OPblend I picked up at TJmaxx for 8 bucks. We went to a festival of lights thing in Vegas last night and 3 women commented, 2 said I smelled great and one asked mmmm is that Dolce and Gabanna? I didn't have the courage to actually tell any of them what it was. ugh! It does smell really good I guess but doesn't seem as good spelling as people keep acting. Seems pretty long lasting today on my clothes at least I am at the 9 hour mark at work and can still smell it pretty decently on my sleeves.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

We need a tally system for this thread man

Problem is, and im sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread, some of the top most complimented frags are the ones nearly everybody owns and uses regularly, so of course they will get complimented more. It's actually near impossible to know which frags are most complimented as a ratio to how often they've been used!

But the thread is a nice idea and can give us a clue as to what is loved by the fairer sex! ;D

got my first compliment with Gucci Pour Homme 1 tonight!! When i bought it earlier i didnt neccesarily thnk itd be a compliment getterrr..but it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    What is so magnificent about Jean Paul? Everyone says everyone is complimenting them on this fragrance...I don't get it. It doesn't smell that great if you ask me...a little too cloying or dense, were you wearing it during the day?

And wouldn't everyone agree that Body Kouros undoubtedly beats Le Male? Or...?
    The catch is that it's actually easy to notice, many others require much closer range.
    Besides it's nice too, which is good enough for most people.

A few silent/discreet compliments on Roadster and L'Instant since the last time I checked this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    got my first compliment with Gucci Pour Homme 1 tonight!! When i bought it earlier i didnt neccesarily thnk itd be a compliment getterrr..but it worked
    Hey jonny, you got complimented even if you wear Grey Flannel layered with Paco Rabanne and Quorum!!!
    Maybe youre so gorgeous that the gals use the scent only to chat and to abuse you later!

LoL

And about those new signature, when we will be attacked by your enthusiasm? I cant wait!

Hey jonny, you got complimented even if you wear Grey Flannel layered with Paco Rabanne and Quorum!!!
    Maybe youre so gorgeous that the gals use the scent only to chat and to abuse you later!

LoL

And about those new signature, when we will be attacked by your enthusiasm? I cant wait!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post

LoL

id love to attack you guys with my enthusiam, but everyone has been attacking me about it so i dont really feel comfortable doing it anymore

id love to attack you guys with my enthusiam, but everyone has been attacking me about it so i dont really feel comfortable doing it anymore
    Dude, they're just jealous because they can't get the chicks like you can. I must say I'm getting a little too old to be noticed by young good looking females. So I know what it is like to hear someone talk about how girls give them compliments all the time and here we're not even getting the time of the day from these gorgeous girls. Oh, what would be like to be in College again having what I have and knowing what I know. :-)) I'll probably be dead by age 29.lol
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

yesterday morning, Creed GIT was just all sorts of popular in the office

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Dude, they're just jealous because they can't get the chicks like you can. I must say I'm getting a little too old to be noticed by young good looking females. So I know what it is like to hear someone talk about how girls give them compliments all the time and here we're not even getting the time of the day from these gorgeous girls. Oh, what would be like to be in College again having what I have and knowing what I know. :-)) I'll probably be dead by age 29.lol
    I for one wouldn't be jealous of anyone because of their good results with scents or women, actually I thought at first he and Daniel were the same person, similar tastes and all.
    But he's a bit too enthusiastic. Either that or he's really a helluva handsome guy, my friends comment something along those lines too: "it can't be only your scent, there must be other reasons".
    Now for scents, fresh/sweet is the way to go for young girls. And by young I mean even 30some, a good share of 40- ones think even L'Instant is "too dry". W. T. F.. At least I really love that one but good thing I don't really guide myself with reviews here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeCheiroso View Post
    I for one wouldn't be jealous of anyone because of their good results with scents or women, actually I thought at first he and Daniel were the same person, similar tastes and all.
    But he's a bit too enthusiastic. Either that or he's really a helluva handsome guy, my friends comment something along those lines too: "it can't be only your scent, there must be other reasons".
    Now for scents, fresh/sweet is the way to go for young girls. And by young I mean even 30some, a good share of 40- ones think even L'Instant is "too dry". W. T. F.. At least I really love that one but good thing I don't really guide myself with reviews here.
    WTF!

Johnny is pretty much awesome than me =[
    He has a Prada Suit!!

Hes a good friend too.

And i didnt get compliments with nothing except Le Male and 1 Million. Other i get nothing at all. Jhonny receive compliments wearing Brut!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeCheiroso View Post
    I agree with you. Girls like those sweet frags. That's why Aventus had such great success. I've got Havana and Montana whic I don't get to wear much because my wife don't care for them. The same goes for Guerlain's Vetiver,Terre d'Hermes, and Michael Kors. I must say in her defense that she does not like Le Male either. She does not like any powdery drydown not even Bois de Portugal.

He gets them wearing Polo even apparently. My guess is he's really outgoing and popular.

Prada suits, hmm... no wait, my CC can't take more hits for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I agree with you. Girls like those sweet frags. That's why Aventus had such great success. I've got Havana and Montana whic I don't get to wear much because my wife don't care for them. The same goes for Guerlain's Vetiver,Terre d'Hermes, and Michael Kors. I must say in her defense that she does not like Le Male either. She does not like any powdery drydown not even Bois de Portugal.
    I love powdery... on women.

It's slightly annoying but we all have mental lists of scents we don't wear to see specific people, oh well.

Girls and guys like sweet stuff in general. If it smells sweet, and edible, you just get a hunger for it. HOWEVER, I don't think a woman needs to wear a sweet frag to lure men in, and same for guys. I don't really think fresh scents lure me in to women at all though, like citrus stuff.

There's a difference between smelling nice and smelling attractive. nice doesn't equal attractive. Smelling nice is simply pleasant. Attractive goes along more with seduction. If you want that, no smell is going to do that for most people I think. Come on, have you ever gotten horny smelling a flower or anything that comes from plants? :|

Compliments can mean so many things, and I doubt they mean what most guys think. It could just be a bs excuse to start a convo and nothing more.

Nice clothes and well kept appearance override smell (As long as you don't have BO) if you are trying to get girls' attention.

That's just the how it is, I think. So if there's 50 teens on this site looking to find a fragrance that will attract girls and actually get them to like you, it's time to grow up a little (same goes for any age people with this mentality).

Yup, it took me one month to figure that out, and I thought something along those lines before trying.
    That said, it's still fantastic to smell better than 99% of people, and the pleasure of wearing scents you love is priceless too.

I've spent the last couple months sampling dozens of men's fragrances on my bf.

Most would disappear on him in a few minutes, his skin would eat it up. Others lasted and they smelled good or were enjoyable in an interesting way like Lonestar Memories. But only one so far has made me purr like a cat in heat: Lumiere Noire Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Crap, double post sorry.

This has brought a good point. What is it that many of the coneseurs here look in a frag? Is it uniqueness? Many here quote that Aventus is a designer scent. What is it about designer scents that is so bad?

Basenoter "gurus" just want to feel good about their "exclusivity", which is moot unless it's bespoke.
    I usually trust my nose, and couldn't care less if it's common but I love it. Those two never happened at the same time but who knows.
    They call modern aesthetics boring and puerile, I call them dated and grandpas, and we are all silly.

I've noticed that they like older styled scents. However, makes me want to give Acier Aluminum another try. The first time I tried it I was not impressed. But maybe now, I may like it a little better, another would be Royal English Leather. I'm still too try Vintage Tabarome but I've heard it's one of those old men scents, but I hear many here go on and on about it. How would you describe it. Anyone who had tried Vintage Tabarome, please tell me how it is.

My biggest compliment-grabber to date was not a designer scent at all but the Body Shop's original deodorant spray for men (the one that came in a grey/green plastic refill bottle) - now sadly discontinued. It elicited dozens and dozens of compliments from women. I don't suppose anyone out there knows any of the key ingredients?

I have tried 'Le Male' 'Cool Water' 'GIT' and never had a single compliment. My skin seem to eat it within a 10mins, and the smell just fades.

My Highest complimented frags are

Joop Homme - EVERYTIME I wear this I receive a compliment, although top notes are very potent..1-2 sprays max!

Versace Eau Fraiche - My personal favourite

Got a compliment from an attractive woman today on Costume National Homme. Her words... You smell amazing by the way! Made my day.

Azzaro Pour Homme tends to get me the most compliments.

You guys are missing the boat.

Apparently, Good & Plenty candy, cucumber, baby powder, lavender and pumpkin pie should be your "go to" blend

http://reverseskinaging.com/pheromones4.html

Today an unexpected compliment

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert Extreme

went to a friends house. as i introduced myself to everyone, this girl came back to me and was like "can i hug u one more time so i can smell you??"

PURE MALT

Let's see, last week I got 6 compliments in one day from female clients while wearing Creed Aventus. Always get compliments from one particular lady on Terre D'Hermes pure perfume. Decided to wear the Vintage Tabarome on Thursday and got a compliment from an elderly lady client who said that I smell lovely. Wore Comme Des Garcons 2 Man on Friday night while clubbing and got a compliment from a gay male couple and two girls I went out with. A girl that I took home on Saturday said that I smelled amazing, but I don't remember what I was wearing.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

went to a friends house. as i introduced myself to everyone, this girl came back to me and was like "can i hug u one more time so i can smell you??"

PURE MALT
    nice. how many sprays and where?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    nice. how many sprays and where?
    one on the chest, one on the neck, one on the back of the neck

one on the chest, one on the neck, one on the back of the neck
    gracias

Firehorse, what do you think of the other MFK frags?

JPG Fleur Du Male - always work
    1 Million Paco Rabanne
    Rochas Man
    Must de Cartier

The worst scent that girls hate on me, WAS Gucci PH. That's why I sold it...

Blog Entries

"But only one so far has made me purr like a cat in heat: Lumiere Noire Pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian."

Wow, "a cat in hea", I gotta look that juice up here and on retail sites! With my luck that's all it might attract, feral cats.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

I've received multiple compliments in one day recently on a Christmas gift. Surprise, surprises, yes it was Creed Green Irish Tweed. In the past I always got compliments on Chanel Allure Homme, which was my signature evening scent for quite awhile.

Wore Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Terrible in a party and got a compliment from a girl saying "you smell BEAUTIFUL". I later on got her digits and slept with her. As much as the more mature people dislike Le Male, women really love it. Especially Terrible which has no flowery/powdery notes but rather fresh and musky/tangy notes which I love.

The scents I like best on my man are often ones I love, but can't pull off. He smells great in A*Men, Burberry London, and Marc Jacobs Bang. I like Le Male but it smells better on me. ^-^
    I'm very intelligent. I'm capable of doing everything put to me. I've launched a perfume and want my own hotel chain. I'm living proof blondes are not stupid.
    Paris Hilton

I think when it comes to fragrances, like attracts like. I love "Oriental" spicy, woody, exotic scents. I also like coconut scents, but not for myself to wear because of my chemistry. So men who wear those scents, I will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalynne View Post
    I think when it comes to fragrances, like attracts like. I love "Oriental" spicy, woody, exotic scents. I also like coconut scents, but not for myself to wear because of my chemistry. So men who wear those scents, I will notice.
    give us an example of oriental that you like. When you say spicy what scent comes to mind.

I'm going through a dry spell, but got compliment on allure homme sport on New Years Eve out of all frags. I'm going with designer frags today. Wearing l'eau de Issey per wife's request. Oh well, we'll see what happens

I recently picked up Rochas Man and have never received so many compliments in such a short period of time. Astounding feedback from the female persuasion. It seems to have perfect longevity and sillage -- not too strong and not too weak and won't label you as the cologne guy. It's my current #1 favorite fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjguy View Post
    I recently picked up Rochas Man and have never received so many compliments in such a short period of time. Astounding feedback from the female persuasion. It seems to have perfect longevity and sillage -- not too strong and not too weak and won't label you as the cologne guy. It's my current #1 favorite fragrance.
    how many sprays and where?? haha

Side note:

Please PLEASE PLEASE Do not wear a scent just because it's labeled as a lady killer by some random people who you don't even know their physical appearance, dress, swagg, ect... and rush out to buy it.

You will be disappointed most of the time. You're just going to convince yourself you like it and convince yourself you feel good wearing it just because some people on the internet said it's going to get compliments.

umm yea this happened with me and Aqua di Gio Returned that sucker.

Try before buy, regardless.

I went car shoppping today. I went dealership to dealership. Every one i went to, i got one compliment.

Le Male.

Pretty much anything sweet will get compliments the easiest. Im tellin ya: Swagger, clean attire, and anything sweet will do the trick.

For the record, Givenchy Pi is right up there with Le Male as my most complimented fragrance. If Givenchy Pi is applied correctly and you wear it with confidence, IMO its THE panty dropper

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Side note:

Please PLEASE PLEASE Do not wear a scent just because it's labeled as a lady killer by some random people who you don't even know their physical appearance, dress, swagg, ect... and rush out to buy it.

You will be disappointed most of the time. You're just going to convince yourself you like it and convince yourself you feel good wearing it just because some people on the internet said it's going to get compliments.

umm yea this happened with me and Aqua di Gio Returned that sucker.

Try before buy, regardless.

D'Oh... i'm pretty ugly and i've only got compliments wearing M7, Pure Malt, La Nuit and Allure Ed. Blanche... some "niche" i've wore have received compliments, but not when i was the one wearing them... xDDD

From a woman's point of view, i don't like men wearing sweet, too fruity perfumes. What i like most as a man perfume is Micallef's Black Sea. It's very special, rather mystical i would say. Very attractive indeed!

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by AtinayBoy View Post
    1. Hai Karate
    Do they still make this stuff?

Like most men here I wear the scent because I like it. I get compiments here and there, but it is not an everyday occurance and it can be anything from Old Spice to Creed. There is no such thing as "panty dropping" cologne, even if it has pheromones.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    D'Oh... i'm pretty ugly and i've only got compliments wearing M7, Pure Malt, La Nuit and Allure Ed. Blanche... some "niche" i've wore have received compliments, but not when i was the one wearing them... xDDD
    We sound very similar lol. I get complements on similar scents.

Having just got into the whole fragrance thing, I haven't really worn enough of my fragrances to get a good idea of what is highly complimented and what isn't. However in the past, I got a LOT of compliments of Chanel Allure Homme Sport...girls seem to love this stuff! I also usually get good remarks when I wear Abercrombie and Fitch - Fierce but one of my friends also wears this from time to time so I don't wear it as much anymore.

Also, strangely...I was at a friends house tonight and I had applied some of my sample of Dior Homme Sport around 11am then reapplied 2 sprays around 7pm. When I was leaving at around 12am, I hugged one of my friends and she said "Ooh! You smell really nice! Although you always do!" I just thought this was kinda strange for such a fresh "summer" scent in the middle of winter when it had actually been snowing minutes beforehand. I guess i'll have to sample this one a little more!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

I like big powerhouse scents, but if I want positive comments and women burying their head in my shoulder at inopportune moments it has to be Guy Laroche's Horizon.

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera. Again.

a 40's women at the post office told me that i smelled lovely

Opium Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by KakiNimura View Post
    Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera. Again.
    it doesn't surprise me at all, Chic for men is one of the underrated, and while we're at underrated frags, I must mention Pi Neo, Versace PH, Lancome Hypnose Homme, Azzaro Silver Black

a 40's women at the post office told me that i smelled lovely

Opium Pour Homme
    now you know what to wear when you're on a cougar prowl

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    it doesn't surprise me at all, Chic for men is one of the underrated, and while we're at underrated frags, I must mention Pi Neo, Versace PH, Lancome Hypnose Homme, Azzaro Silver Black
    Chic for men underrated? Quite the opposite, check the reviews on Basenotes or Fragrantica, seldomly you'll find a negative one.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?