Code of Conduct
Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,820 of 5878

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Pretty much anything sweet will get compliments the easiest. Im tellin ya: Swagger, clean attire, and anything sweet will do the trick.

For the record, Givenchy Pi is right up there with Le Male as my most complimented fragrance. If Givenchy Pi is applied correctly and you wear it with confidence, IMO its THE panty dropper
    How would you apply Pi?

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaGage6 View Post
    How would you apply Pi?
    With pretty much all my fragrances i do 1 on the chest, 1 on the front of the neck, one on the back of the neck

The most complimented fragrances of the dozens I've worn are Terre d'Hermes and Joop!. Sadly, neither are on my top ten list. If you're going for compliments, you need to remember that people have to be able to smell you in order to comment. This is likely one reason why loud frags like Le Male garner so much feedback, while quieter ones don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Chic for men underrated? Quite the opposite, check the reviews on Basenotes or Fragrantica, seldomly you'll find a negative one.
    I was more insinuating on a frequency of a scent being mentioned or proposed as an option in conversations on threads

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaGage6 View Post
    How would you apply Pi?
    With pretty much all my fragrances i do 1 on the chest, 1 on the front of the neck, one on the back of the neck
    ie 3.14159 sprays...
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I'm almost to admit it, but (being married and working from home, so limited opportunity) my greatest compliment-getter is pretty much anything that is Bay Rum. The wife absolutely adores it on me

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I was more insinuating on a frequency of a scent being mentioned or proposed as an option in conversations on threads
    Fair enough!
    I don't mind there isn't much talk about Chic, that way I enjoy it more before others join the conversation and will say "it is boring.." All the popular (most talked about) colognes seem to suffer from these kind of replies here on Basenotes.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Although when you tell them what it is, it's kind of hit or miss what their reaction will be. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Fair enough!
    I don't mind there isn't much talk about Chic, that way I enjoy it more before others join the conversation and will say "it is boring.." All the popular (most talked about) colognes seem to suffer from these kind of replies here on Basenotes.
    That tends to happen here indeed

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

went out with my friends and i was the last to get picked up in the car and right as i sat down in the car i got 2 compliments:
    Pure Malt

was recently on a snowboard trip and one day we went sledding and in the middle of the day i got a random compliment:
    La Nuit de L'Homme

Got a compliment on Kristiansand New York the other day. First time I ever wore it too.

I get the most compliments with Chanel fragrances... particularly Egoïste Platinum, Allure Homme and Allure Homme Sport. And lately I've been wearing Lacoste Essential and got several compliments already.

And another special mention is Christian Dior Dune pour Homme. It's so mild and fresh, and the ladies seem to appreciate that subtlety. Needless to say, I got tons of compliments with it.

What's funny is that my Creed GIT is my most expensive, and yet it gets me the least compliments. And yeah, a lot of girls think it's Cool Water. I know basenoters know so well that it does NOT smell the same as Cool Water, but hey I guess most people around me can't tell the difference.

I recently got a Creed MI as a gift, but as I mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure if it's the real thing. And surely it didn't get me any compliment as of yet... even my own nose find it too mild to appreciate. But again, I might just have got a fake.

I've been getting a ton of compliments from Bleu De Chanel.

Lately I've been referring to my #1 (Montale Wild Aoud) as my secret weapon. Quite literally every time I wear it someone stops me to say I smell wonderful.

It feels close to the skin but an employee told me that she loved how it didn't strike her as strong (aka Cologne Guy) but when she would walk where I had just been she could smell little wafts of it in the air.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    ie 3.14159 sprays...
    Too funny!

Aventus elicits a few "You smell great!" comments. Terre d'Hermes is loud, long lasting and quite manly and garners many compliments but it has to mellow out for a few hours and is a maximum of two sprays!

Best results I've had in the summer recently were with BN9's Brooklyn. That sweet star anise top note (which is EXACTLY what it is, it's anethole by HPLC :-) ) seems to be really well-received by the ladies in my life.

If we're talking drop for drop, dollar for dollar, the best luck I've had was with Varvatos's Original but that's only with a woman who knew me well and was in close proximity. She loved the stuff! Shame it hasn't much projection after 15 minutes. I wish they made an EDP! I suppose I could concentrate it down...hmmm!

I receive lot of compliments especially wearing HinduGrass by Nasomatto...

Jean Paul Gualtier's Le Male and Fluer Du Male, it never fails.

Aventus struck again in church this AM. Supremely consistent.

Like many in this thread I'm getting a great response for Aventus. Had a girl in work sniff me every time she walked passed me saying how great I smelled. The BIGGEST surprise came when my dad said he liked it, he never likes any fragrances as they normally just make him sneeze (allergies)

My only regret when buying Aventus is not buying a bigger bottle!

Sur la Plage

Several compliments today from women on Tom Ford Tuscan Leather.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 27th January 2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Kilian - Back To Black
    Givenchy - Xeryus Rouge

I get compliments on these three above the most...All the time compliments :-)

This thread is kind of like sourdough. You have to keep a batch of uncooked sourdough to make more soughdough bread tomorrow.

But here's my most compliment...

All the Chanel fragrances...Allure, Allure Sport, CPM Concentree, and even Bleu...

wore Le Male again today, again got like 3 compliments.

honestly the only time i havent received a compliment on le male when i wore it was when this girl came over to my hosue for a date. i guess she didnt say anything becaues she was shy, because the next day when i was talking to her friend, my date told her friend the following "im handsome, charming, and smell SOOO good"

all hail the holy grail!!!

Hey jonny I've noticed a lot of changes being made to your list... particularly #2 now being Versace Dreamer. Do you really think its that great?

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Hey jonny I've noticed a lot of changes being made to your list... particularly #2 now being Versace Dreamer. Do you really think its that great?
    it made an excellent first impression on me. Lets wait and see. but yes, its an awsome fragrance.

I picked up Dreamer in my most recent BN exchange, and was sort of disappointed by it. I shelved it after a few frustrating wears. I'll dig it out and try it again
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I picked up Dreamer in my most recent BN exchange, and was sort of disappointed by it. I shelved it after a few frustrating wears. I'll dig it out and try it again
    try not to smell it for like 5 mins

it made an excellent first impression on me. Lets wait and see. but yes, its an awsome fragrance.
    I'm glad you picked up the Dreamer Jonny. It's one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled.

Empori Armani Diamonds Hands Down women love this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was complimented by a female friend of mine a couple of weeks ago when she gave me a hug. I was wearing CK Euphoria. Couldn't believe it. It's my most boring & worst projecting scent!

in my actual wardroBe
    versace - pour homme
    and BurBerry - london (a stripper loves this)

from fragrances i used to wear

swiss army (the most with this)
    issey miyaki
    and curve (chepie But it works)

lancome hypnose and hmm lacoste red in play lol

I'm surprised Johnny's nose hasn't fallen off, he worships all the bomb frags. lol Those things give me instant headaches.
    Check this guy out

*http://www.thecolognereview.com*

got stopped twice at school today to be told i smell really good

Versace Dreamer

Siecle

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Was complimented by a female friend of mine a couple of weeks ago when she gave me a hug. I was wearing CK Euphoria. Couldn't believe it. It's my most boring & worst projecting scent!
    The key is she gave you a hug. Without being that close, she'd never smell it, IMHO. It's a nice scent, but oh so faint.

From my wife:

Rochas Man

From another women:

Le Male

Sur la Plage

Several positive comments on my SOTD - Histoires de Parfums Défilé New York
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Got several good compliments on Aoud Black. I could still smell it when I went to bed that night. That stuff just last forever.

I am not sure which one got me compliments the other day from at least 5 different females who work in my office. I wore Millesime Imperial layered with Original Vetiver. However, I wore these two separate in subsequent days and not one compliment. Now, that I cannot understand.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    Got several good compliments on Aoud Black. I could still smell it when I went to bed that night. That stuff just last forever.

I am not sure which one got me compliments the other day from at least 5 different females who work in my office. I wore Millesime Imperial layered with Original Vetiver. However, I wore these two separate in subsequent days and not one compliment. Now, that I cannot understand.
    OV has garnered me some compliments...MI may have gotten 1 or 2. OV is the better of the two for compliments in my experience.

That is my experience with OV also. I still smell it when I get home from work. I have started using MI as a layering scent it has worked great with OV and Zesty Mandarine.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

I've gotten lots of compliments with creed's royal delight. My girlfriend loves lolita lempicka masculine on me. I tried creed's Aventus yesterday and got a compliment from a random woman almost instantly.

Think I might have to splurge on a bottle of Aventus because I really like it too. Anyone know of a similar scent that isn"t as much $$$?

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme.

[QUOTE=Think I might have to splurge on a bottle of Aventus because I really like it too. Anyone know of a similar scent that isn"t as much $$$?[/QUOTE]
    try zara sprint (gold)

Sniff Tester:

Don't know about aventus, but if you want something that smells like creed millisime imperial try sean john unforgivable.

For me I always get complimented on John Varvatos original and Vintage, A Men, Cartier Roadster and Pasha, Swiss Unlimited, and Creed GIT. The king of compliment getters for me though has to be Rochas Man, it gets noticed constantly.

I just picked up Versace Pour Homme and immediately picked up several compliments! One worker at Gander Mountain stopped me with a piece of paper in hand and asked specifically the name and wrote it down. It was a sweet compliment. He was somewhat nervous asking me but I thanked him and told him that I often do the same thing myself.

Bvlgari Extreme
    Casran
    Aventus
    Dior Homme Intense
    Original Santal
    L'instant Extreme

These are the top 6 most complimented fragrances for me over the past several months.

My top 5 (female compliments only)
    1) Aventus - worn 10x = 14 compliments
    2) Millesime Imperial - worn 7x = 7 compliments
    3) GIT - worn 6x = 4 compliments
    4) Polo Modern Reserve - worn 3x = 2 compliments
    5) Silver Mountain Water - worn 3x = 2 compliments

Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    try zara sprint (gold)
    The top is similar, but the base smells like pencil sharpener shavings. They're distant cousins, although the price difference might justify the purchase. Just a matter of time before Diddy or similar makes an Aventus knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjguy View Post
    I just picked up Versace Pour Homme and immediately picked up several compliments! One worker at Gander Mountain stopped me with a piece of paper in hand and asked specifically the name and wrote it down. It was a sweet compliment. He was somewhat nervous asking me but I thanked him and told him that I often do the same thing myself.
    Indeed, Versace Pour Homme truly gets girls attention, but it happened to me that it got attention from male friends too.

Rochas Man by far. I like to spray this one on clothing.

Aventus by far in my experience. A close second is GIT.

Bond 9 New Harlem today - TWICE

The thread is for real. I had no idea. Men are counting compliments. It's totally stupefying. My girlfriend's getting a good laugh out of it anyway.

It doesn't address all the reasons why you may be counting compliments, but I always liked this excerpt from Luca Turin:

"In seduction as in intimidation, intent is everything. A hack from Men’s Health, a magazine notable for the pectorals on its cover, wrote to me asking “How can a man maximize the influence of his cologne choices to attract the women he’s really interested in?” Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which “cologne” pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job."
    Last edited by pluran; 15th February 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    The thread is for real. I had no idea. Men are counting compliments. It's totally stupefying.
    That's taking it a little TOO seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    That's taking it a little TOO seriously.
    No, Pluran is dead right, this thread is the grail of the men's forum.

It feels a bit schoolboy naughty (tee-hee), but check out the post count.... that's right, it's why we were put on this planet...

... and that's also why everyone here who's not 21 any more wishes they were Johnny...
    Measure twice. Cut once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

It feels a bit schoolboy naughty (tee-hee), but check out the post count.... that's right, it's why we were put on this planet...

... and that's also why everyone here who's not 21 any more wishes they were Johnny...
    +1 You summed it up very nicely Pluran.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

I'll add another hit on New Harlem again today then.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusg82 View Post
    Hanae Mori is the scent I get the most male and female compliments.
    This may surprise some people, but I get the most female compliments on wearing New Tabarome. Having said that, I really wear scents mostly for my own enjoyment.