Code of Conduct
Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,880 of 5729
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Had a very nice compliment on Alain Delon Iquitos.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Complimented today by a visitor to my house. Wearing Bulgari black.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    The thread is for real. I had no idea. Men are counting compliments. It's totally stupefying. My girlfriend's getting a good laugh out of it anyway.

It doesn't address all the reasons why you may be counting compliments, but I always liked this excerpt from Luca Turin:

"In seduction as in intimidation, intent is everything. A hack from Men’s Health, a magazine notable for the pectorals on its cover, wrote to me asking “How can a man maximize the influence of his cologne choices to attract the women he’s really interested in?” Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which “cologne” pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job."
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Thank you, JC, for sharing this hilarious video clip. Are men that deluding into thinking that just the right scent will make women come running like does in season? I find this notion very funny, as it points up the power of both advertising and social preconceptions. If a man is clean and groomed well, he can wear just about any scent he chooses and women will find him appealing. The rest is up to the charm and other assets of his personality.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    If a man is clean and groomed well, he can wear just about any scent he chooses and women will find him appealing. The rest is up to the charm and other assets of his personality.
    I mostly agree... I also admit that I wouldn't have started using cologne at all unless women liked it.

Having never been a frag user until recently this is my experience regarding dating... Cologne will not help you pick up girls or create attraction, in fact it can be a detriment depending on how you are perceived, especially if the woman does not particularly like what you are wearing. However, it can aid in creating/maintaining attraction IF you could have already pulled off the pick up or successfully seduced the woman anyways. It is another aspect of yourself that you can show off, and combined with good grooming and nice clothes adds to your perceived value. I don't think it matters exactly what you are wearing, if the woman is attracted to you she will be attracted to your scent unless it's something really awful like A*Men or 1 Million. So, I'd stick to something sexy but safe and universally appealing that you are comfortable and confident wearing.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a sample of Green Irish Tweed off ebay and went for a haircut. The woman giving me my haircut had me write down the name so she could buy it for her husband.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    hahahaah this one made me burst into utter laugh )

This one is easy. Swiss Army Classic. This one has women swiveling their heads, or stop dead in their tracks.

got a compliment on one of the famous compliment getters in this industry.

Acqua Di Gio

simply smells great and works...

Post Thanks / Like

Although I didn't get any compliments wearing this.. I got quite a number of stares, smiles, and noticed a woman moving in closer to me while on line at the grocery store.. moving in a bit too close

The fragrance I was wearing, was one of my favorite cheap gourmands. Samba Kiss Me. Don't let the crappy bottle or cheesy name fool you, this stuff is a gem!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Was complimented on Eau d'Italie - Paestum Rose.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wore Montale Black Aoud for the first day to work to give it time to develop before my gig tonight, and one of my employees went nuts for it. Every time I looked up she was at my desk. I finally asked what she needed and she said she was enjoying the smell.

She has liked a few things I've worn (as well as disliked a few), and said this is easily the best thing I've worn to work.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Post Thanks / Like

Versace Pour Homme has been on fire as of late. Lovin' this stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Went clubbing over the weekend. Met with a friend while there. while we were dancing, she says, you smell really good, what is it. "Is called Black Aoud" I replied. And I asked, how good does it smell I just got this one recently, she said really really good!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Although I didn't get any compliments wearing this.. I got quite a number of stares, smiles, and noticed a woman moving in closer to me while on line at the grocery store.. moving in a bit too close

The fragrance I was wearing, was one of my favorite cheap gourmands. Samba Kiss Me. Don't let the crappy bottle or cheesy name fool you, this stuff is a gem!

Really?? I see this one in every Ross, TJ Maxx. Who knew?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cologneist, what does Samba Kiss Me smell like? closest to what other cologne, you would say? what is the drydown like after 15 or 20 mins? Can you describe the scent in precise terms; what is catchy about it, etc. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Got Aventus last week wore it to school today and got a compliment from a girl. It was during halfway into the class and she leaned in and she was like "oh so its you that i'm smelling" and I said "probably" and she was like "no you smell good" and for the rest of the class i noticed her kept leaning in towards my side for no other reason but to get a whiff of the goodness. Now I see what the big fuss is about Aventus.

Post Thanks / Like

L'eau de Issey & YSL La Nuit De L'homme get the most reaction from my collection. The Issey because it has such a fresh clean smell and the La Nuit because its very warm and seductive. They say its for night but I have no problem using this as a day time scent also. It works very well on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci by Gucci worked well for me. Just to prove you don,t need to spend huge amounts

Well been wearing le male for the past 2 weekends and I got 9 compliments..all saying

"is that girls perfume? it smells really good."

One actually said

"Someone is lucky to be with you..." I said excuse me? she said "A girl was with you right?" I was like no I just got here, what makes you think I'm with someone?" "Oh must be something in the air, smells like perfume."

Giving up on le male...its le female

I gotten better result with Amen
    Thank you, deadidol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeSmellGood View Post
    One actually said "Someone is lucky to be with you..." I said excuse me? she said "A girl was with you right?" I was like no I just got here, what makes you think I'm with someone?" "Oh must be something in the air, smells like perfume."

Giving up on le male...its le female
    That is not a bad thing, women are far more attracted to guys whom other females find attractive...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    That is not a bad thing, women are far more attracted to guys whom other females find attractive...
    so le male is a gig to trick women thinking your with a women to get jealous? lol

I was told from one that it smells like this one cologne , she doesn't remember whats it called but its a in a shape of a swan bottle.... any clue?
    Thank you, deadidol

Late 80s and Early 90s Fahrenheit.
    Late 90s and Early 2000s Issey Miyake.
    Now it's Green Irish Tweed.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Gonna try Allure and Allure Sport soon.
    My scents now are Erolfa and OV creeds no comps yet.
    Birthday is coming up so I'll get a 4oz of GIT
    I am down to less than an ounce.
    -AVENTUS-

Post Thanks / Like

Issey Miyake, Kenneth Cole Black, LeMale, Lucky No.6, and Nautica Voyage. Never get compliments on Green Irish Tweed unless it's from a woman over 50.

Do you guys think there's a difference in preferences between older women and younger women? I feel like as women age, they've come across more and more scents, so having a niche fragrance that stands out is more important if you're trying to set yourself apart from every other guy she's met before.

However, I'm currently in college and I feel like with girls my age, it really boils down to whether you "smell good" or not. I tend to avoid using aquatics, because that's what I feel everyone else is wearing, but they still seem to get a decent amount of compliments when I do wear them. As much as I love my main colognes, some of which have been mentioned several times on this thread (A*Men, Magnetism) I honestly can't say that either of those have gotten any more attention/compliments than simply using Axe.

I wore Green Irish tweed sat night out to a bar and this real cute chick couldn't get over how great I smelled. What is it about tweed that women love so much?

Default Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help.

Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help with your real field experience...

Out of my small collection of :Green Irish Tweed, Erolfa, Original Vetiver, Allure Sport, Allure Homme and Allure Blanche...

I guess out of my collection GIT and Allure Homme are the ones known as lady killers..

The most complements I have gotten are with GIT so far.

I am looking into La Nuit, The One maybe Rochas Men?? Or should I keep trying Allure Homme...

I dont know let me know some stats..
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help.

La Nuit is...meh. The One, while a spicy scent that still happens to be very pleasant all order is extremely weak. Honestly this question gets asked a lot, and I'd suggest you do a search. Unless you can get more specific about what you're looking for, what kind of fragrance you like or want to add to your collection and what's your budget.

Personally, some of my most complimented fragrances are Chergui, Ambre Precieux, Derby, Jubilation XXV, Iris Poudre and Musc Ravageur. My girlfriend also loves Tonka Imperiale. But all of those are a little pricey, and don't seem to be anything like what you usually purchase. In your situation, I'd wear Derby if I want to leave a mature impression, Musc Ravageur or Tonka Imperiale if I want sexy and Chergui if I'm unsure and just want to play it safe and feel like myself.

Allure Homme is alright, personal as with most Chanels I just find it to be more of a....Safe scent. You know, not something to leave an impression, just something that smells pleasant. But hey things that are simply pleasant leave impressions sometimes, just look at GIT. Though as much as I hate the term, if you want to venture into this whole "Panty Dropper" world, Le Male is probably the place to start, or one of it's various cheaper flankers (Cubano Gold, Cuba Gold...etc). Out of your list I like "The One" the most, but it's pathetically light so I'd go for La Nuit.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    ..I guess out of my collection GIT and Allure Homme are the ones known as lady killers..

The most complements I have gotten are with GIT so far...
    You have your weapons already

Seriously, threads on this topic end up sadly.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Post Thanks / Like

"Panty Dropper"? Seriously? Worry about being a nice guy, wear a decent frag and forget this Panty Dropper nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help with your real field experience...

Out of my small collection of :Green Irish Tweed, Erolfa, Original Vetiver, Allure Sport, Allure Homme and Allure Blanche...

I guess out of my collection GIT and Allure Homme are the ones known as lady killers..

I am looking into La Nuit, The One maybe Rochas Men?? Or should I keep trying Allure Homme...

Different women respond to different styles. I'm not sure what your budget is, but these are a great place to start:

Designer/Comercial:

Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme
    YSL M7
    Le Male

A-men (And it's flankers Pure Malt, Pure Havana)
    Gucci Envy

Niche:

Frederic Malle Musc Ravaguer
    Serge Lutens MKK (This is something I layer, rather than using it on it's own)
    MFK APLS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

It all comes down to your personal taste, style and situation. You can't really go wrong with any of them, nor can you go wrong with a bunch of them!

I know it's stupid I never heard of that until I started watching YouTube reviewers.
    I guess I'll try La Nuit cause Le Male is too too syrupy
    -AVENTUS-

Girls NEVER says nothing about what i am wearing, because i thing here in Brazil this would be interpreted as a "green light". I perfume for me and more as a dare than a conquer tool...

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to get a "panty dropper" it’s going to cost you some serious cash!

First put some serious threads on (Paul Smith, Valentino, Dior dark suits – straight handkerchief “rat pack” pocket with skinny tie) then reserve a table on a xxx star Michelin restaurant then out to a night club with a couple of tequila slammers in the mix and we should be on the way but go easy on the slammers.

Now on the cologne side still some serious cash to go. “Panty droppers” categories that are in my books and are in no particular order.
    MKK / Absolute Pour Le Soir – Frederic Malle / Carnal Flowers – Profumum / Fiore d'Ambra – Tom Ford / Noir Noir (Private collection) SL's / MKK + Borneo 1834.

Post Thanks / Like

From another post I posted

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/smell-life

The more the men liked the fragrance they were wearing, the more confident they felt-- and the more confident they felt the more attractive their body language was to women. The other amazing finding was that it only took 15 minutes of wearing the scented deodorant to boost the guys' self-confidence. On the opposite side of the aisle, in a large survey study I found that 90% of women (from teenagers to seniors) feel more confident when wearing fragrance than without (2). Therefore wearing a fragrance you like will make you feel better about yourself which will consequently make you more attractive to others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    "Panty Dropper"? Seriously? Worry about being a nice guy, wear a decent frag and forget this Panty Dropper nonsense.
    +1--Well said.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

L'instant du Guerlain pour homme extreme
    Dior Homme INtense

Le Male...

What can I say but tacky. I agree with laph. Get over the "panty dropper" thing.

Here we go again...

Google for -

Ross Jefferies.

David Shade.

And in the meantime just enjoy your frags for what they are....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh boy, here we go again. i wonder how this is gonna end.

FWIW you said it, you already got two weapons that are as good as they get.
    Seriously, Allure Homme and GIT are two very popular fragrances and with fragrances you simply cant get better than VERY popular.

EDIT : Sorry, you got enough of that telling off already and it's got nothing to do with you but, I dont know how active you have been recently, there have been quite a few of these threads lately. ALL of them ended badly. And, IMO, we have a thread that answers all of these questions sufficiently stickied to the top.
    Smellin good

Post Thanks / Like

If you need a fantastic fragrance to get laid... you really need help mate
    Be a gentleman, pick one of the colognes you already own and get over it!
    Last edited by lupo; 2nd March 2011 at 10:38 AM.
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Considering your enjoyment for the house of Creed, try their recent men's fragrance, Aventus. I've read on the boards, it also garnishes a lot of compliments.

Post Thanks / Like

Just complimented by a visitor - wearing Gucci by Gucci pour homme. This frag seems to get a really bad rep here, but in my experience (and I used to wear this a LOT. It was my signature scent for a good six months) women LOVE this fragrance. It always seems to be the quieter poorer projecting ones that get me the most compliments for some reason! Weird!
    Last edited by QWERTYOP; 2nd March 2011 at 11:10 AM.

I think you're doing great with the collection you currently have. GIT or any of the Allure line will do a great job with getting compliments. If you're looking to keep your collection where it is, then you'd be totally fine. If you're looking for a reason to add another bottle then go for it. La Nuit de L'homme is a great choice, which will get you a ton of compliments. Be mindful that it gets a lot of hate here from the fragrance elites. However it is a nice fragrance IMO and it WILL get complimented by women. The One is a nice scent, but just doesn't last on me. For something that I'm going to be spending $50+ on this is a must, so it's a no go for me. Have you considered using any of the Angel Men line?
    Last edited by jmcgonigal; 2nd March 2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

Post Thanks / Like

I can promise you that the best way to get laid on a date is to be the kind of guy who would never use the phrase "panty dropper".

Chloroform. But I think that has moral implications and it's generally frowned upon.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been on this forum a couple of months but it seems these 'panty dropper' threads pop up at least once a week...

I always laugh at this Panty Dropper Threads...LOLLL

Bleu De Chanel

Don't obsess over scent and women. A woman dropping her panties has nothing to do with what fragrance a man chooses to wear.

You can be fresh from a shower or just arrived from playing a sport and covered in sweat. If your personality is attractive to a woman, just about any scent will do. (To be truthful, the fresh-from-the-bath is much for appealing.)

If you are a jerk, even wearing Clive Christian won't work magic on her.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Recently I have been complimented on Dior Homme, Fahrenheit and Terre d'Hermes.
    I was a bit surprised to get complimented on Fahrenheit.
    I received the compliment 8 hours after spraying it on and I thought it was still there but close to the skin.
    Apparently it still projects very well after 8 hours even in it's current formulation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The elusive search for a "panty dropper" scent are for dudes who got no game and the fact that you are makes it seem as if you're trying too hard. Think about that for a minute. If getting women wasn't an issue in the first place without a fragrance, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There's other deal breakers for women that are much higher on their priority list than a scent.

Anyway, at the topic at hand, New Haarlem seems to be universally liked by the general public. It got me a couple unsolicited compliments since it smelled "yummy".

comment on the word "panty dropper" : if a girls panties drop just because of ur cologne then is that really the kinda girl u wanna be with in the first place? if yes then just save ur money and get an escort

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    comment on the word "panty dropper" : if a girls panties drop just because of ur cologne then is that really the kinda girl u wanna be with in the first place? if yes then just save ur money and get an escort

I think you're taking the term too literally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    You flag doesn't show up so I'm not sure where you're from, but I appreciate your sensitivity as a woman. The term isn't particularly sexist since, what a lot of American women want is a man who makes us not to wear or delicate little undies! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

my girlfriend loves Creed Millesime Imperial & Creed Silver Mountain Water
    she hates Musc Ravageur & Chergui.

(i live in hot weather)
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    my girlfriend loves Creed Millesime Imperial & Creed Silver Mountain Water
    she hates Musc Ravageur & Chergui.

(i live in hot weather)
    In hot weather Music Ravageur wouldn't do so well, I tried it on last winter and it was so nice. TDH was also very nice last winter, but in our summer here it stinks!

Post Thanks / Like

I was sexually assaulted by a bachelorette while I was playing bass on stage tonight. I don't know if I can chalk that up to the Montale Wild Aoud or her copious amounts of alcohol.

I learned it is possible to keep playing a bass solo while a drunk girl rubs her breasts on your hand at the same time, so that's something LOL
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus