Code of Conduct
Page 49 of 102 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,940 of 6079

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

I can't even describe the circumstances on a public forum, but Back to Black By Kilian was a winner. Longevity is great too, it's still going strong the next morning. Whether you like it or not, BtB is amazing, definitely not an everyday frag but nevertheless a work of art.

I got some great compliments on vetiver 48 last night. One of the best classics from creed, they made a huge mistake to discontinue it...

This morning I had to help my woman collegaue. We've been working together for about 15 years, though not in the same room, but daily encounters, often more times a day. Never any comment ever, GIT, AdP Colonia, Loewe, Guerlain, etc, never any. Today I had to lean to her to show something on her computer display and she almost melting said: "you smell soooo fantastic, what's that?"

Well, my new Kurkdjian APOM Homme. I'm also amazed by it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brontosaurus_rex View Post
    Do you guys think there's a difference in preferences between older women and younger women? I feel like as women age, they've come across more and more scents, so having a niche fragrance that stands out is more important if you're trying to set yourself apart from every other guy she's met before.

However, I'm currently in college and I feel like with girls my age, it really boils down to whether you "smell good" or not. I tend to avoid using aquatics, because that's what I feel everyone else is wearing, but they still seem to get a decent amount of compliments when I do wear them. As much as I love my main colognes, some of which have been mentioned several times on this thread (A*Men, Magnetism) I honestly can't say that either of those have gotten any more attention/compliments than simply using Axe.
    you should post this as its own subject, great question.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    This morning I had to help my woman collegaue. We've been working together for about 15 years, though not in the same room, but daily encounters, often more times a day. Never any comment ever, GIT, AdP Colonia, Loewe, Guerlain, etc, never any. Today I had to lean to her to show something on her computer display and she almost melting said: "you smell soooo fantastic, what's that?"

Well, my new Kurkdjian APOM Homme. I'm also amazed by it.
    my boy franky knows how to make compliment getters

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

I have been wearing fragrance since 1992, and can count the number of compliments on one hand.

Allure Homme Sport; 2 compliments
    One and the only one from a stranger. A party was taking place in front of my apartment block, and I went by twice. Both times I got some attention from a girl, we chatted for a second and she said that I smelled good. Then I hasted off to work. Years later, it suddenly came to my mind like "Heey... Hold on just one second! Did she indeed try to show interest in me?" And I just, well, blast, i guess i never will find out. Sigh. I am way to shy and probably freaked out when she did that to me.

Clinique Happy for men; 1 compliment.
    I wore this scent and nothing else for some 4-5 years. My sister chose it for me once we were in a tax free shop. After many years, a woman in my class said i smelled good. Certainly made me happy

Samba for men; 1.
    Deeply in love with a girl in my class when i was 16, i came up with a plan! I would use some extra amount before playing football in the gymnastics class, and try to run past her a couple of times, to give her a sniff of my trace. And so I did. Guess what? She actually complimented on it and asked what it was!!

6 months later, I called her and asked her out. She said no.

I also want to mention that Diesel (by Diesel, launched in 1996) made a HUGE impact back then. I remember it as perhaps the best scent I know of, and I would LOVE to wear something like that again! Because of that, I purchased a bottle a couple of years ago, but find myself unable to decide whether they've changed the recipe or my taste has changed. It still remind me of the times and the good smell, but there is something...

Yesterday I got my second compliment EVER - granted, I was in a doctor's office and the technician/nurse practitioner/whoever she was was pretty close to me, but she did say "you smell good." - Rive Gauche PH

OK, here is one for you all to try. Just had a "wow" stare/grin. This is one is pure witchcraft!
    2 sprays of Musc Ravaguer to the neck and 2 sprays of Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan to the chest

I'm wearing Creed Aventus from a different batch today. It will be interesting to see if I get compliments at the same pace as the first batch. From the first, I got a compliment almost every time I wore it!

I'll wear this a few times to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm wearing Creed Aventus from a different batch today. It will be interesting to see if I get compliments at the same pace as the first batch. From the first, I got a compliment almost every time I wore it!

I'll wear this a few times to see.
    Those with compliments are also paid by Creed?

I got many compliments using:

Egoļste Platinum
    Swiss Army Classic

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Dutch men or women don't make any compliments.
    Really? Do women ever approach men to flirt?

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 09:49 PM.

Dutch men or women don't make any compliments.
    Funny you say so, because I got a compliment on Acqua di Gio from a Dutch friend

at work, this woman said "ohhh smells nice, what is it?" was aventus tester from fragnet that i just got

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Kiton Men got me three compliments today

There's always an exception to the rule but at least at my age group people don't make compliments unless they want to get you under the sheets..... by other hand they will easily make a compliment if you are well dressed.
    Yes I agree that the stereotype of Dutch girls is that they are "easy" Come to think of it, in my life I only got about 6 positive comments/compliments (all from different people) and 4 of them were on Acqua di Gio. I think I'm going to wear this one again when I want to impress girls
    Last edited by Desmond Hume; 11th March 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Azzaro ph
    Jazz prestige
    Givenchy gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Great choice. That's a winner.

Default Re: Looking for a new Date Fragrance Or a "Panty Dropper" Scent. Need Help.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    L'instant du Guerlain pour homme extreme
    This one worked x 2 this morning, and I only worked a half day
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

AMan in the summer makes girls poop themselves
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    Are you sure you've got the right forum..?
    Measure twice. Cut once.

I agree A*Men has great potential as a chemical weapon.

Never used to get many compliments on my old frags, but since coming to University and expanding my collection I've had quite a few on Burberry London, Dior Homme, Creed GIT and Musc Ravageur. Recently I was in a crammed lift having sampled Tobacco Vanille and a lady said to her friend 'someone smells nice'.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Sounds like a psychiatric problem...maybe you should through your net in another direction! I'm just say'n. ;-)

Ah yes, it was the bowel loosening effect of A*Men that was deal breaker for me.

Carolina Herrera Chic for men last night, two girls ˝mmm you smell good˝.

Nice choice. Have you tried Kiton Black?

Thumbs up Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

believe me on this,,,i got an eternity for men as a gift from an arab friend in 1991,,,this thing when i wore it the next few days was the talk of the whole campus ,, while going to my class(peshawer ,pakistan) and people used to follow the path that i walked...my gf was particularly jealous and asked me to give it up

a couple more today. But theres got to be something wrong with you if you walk out with this stuff and not get complimented

Hands down has to be musc ravageur.

a couple more today. But theres got to be something wrong with you if you walk out with this stuff and not get complimented

Indeed. That one and Bvlgari Aqua. So overworn but also so much loved. And I have to mention Davidoff Cool Water, I just have to - girls just love the stuff.

Very Interesting thread. I posted in another section on the forum about finding a copy of the now discontinued Armani Mania which has been my fail proof choice for years. What I find interesting besides the sheer number of other fragrances still available on the market which appear to do the same job is the fact there is no mention of Mania or the number 2 choice Victoria Secret Very Sexy For Him (Original).

I made a note from some of the top choices here and thought I'd give some a try as it seems there isn't a copy of Mania. I see Lolita Lempicka has two fragrances. Is the panty dropper the blue or green choice?

I work for an airline and have my fair share of female's to test new fragrances and their results. Paco Million is very popular and also Rasasi "Al Wisam".... Enjoy!

All 'compliment' frags recommended by Jonny have to be taken into context... it seems this guy can roll in cow patties, run a mile to class then have a dog pee on his leg and he'll get complimented on it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    All 'compliment' frags recommended by Jonny have to be taken into context... it seems this guy can roll in cow patties, run a mile to class then have a dog pee on his leg and he'll get complimented on it.
    Yeah. Looking at Jonny's photo at comment 2898, he IS a handsome guy, I think that's what really matters

Yeah. Looking at Jonny's photo at comment 2898, he IS a handsome guy, I think that's what really matters
    That is the model advertising Acqua do Gio...
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    Nevertheless, ten pounds says he doesn't have a face like a bag of spanners.
    Measure twice. Cut once.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. Generally one to two sprays. Never more than three. Women reply that Something smells good/You smell good and follow it up by saying that the fragrance isn't heavy or musky. I think it dries down to a clean smell that one has after showering with good soap.

Got a compliment on Musc Ravaguer today. My friend was standing next to me and caught a whiff from a breeze.

"Wow, you smell good. Just caught a whiff of it".

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. Generally one to two sprays. Never more than three. Women reply that Something smells good/You smell good and follow it up by saying that the fragrance isn't heavy or musky. I think it dries down to a clean smell that one has after showering with good soap.
    This is one of my all-time faves. You're right, more than 3 sprays and you will overpower others, and not in a good way!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Got a compliment on Musc Ravaguer today. My friend was standing next to me and caught a whiff from a breeze.

"Wow, you smell good. Just caught a whiff of it".
    I have got to try this. Hard to believe I have never smelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    Man, I was sure I can account on you when I'm in a desperate need of help

Double post.

One Million and Le Male!

Except I havn't test driven my La Nuit or Aqua Di Gio yet.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

naww im just an average looking guy. just be a sincere, confident, sociable person and people will think "wow. hes the man AND he smells good." The right personality and hygiene(SMELL INCLUDED) will take you a loooong way

naww im just an average looking guy. just be a sincere, confident, sociable person and people will think "wow. hes the man AND he smells good." The right personality and hygiene(SMELL INCLUDED) will take you a loooong way
    Now, you're winning!

It was Dirty English by Juicy, that changed yesterday (two total compliments). The new most complimented fragrance is Pure Malt (the total grew to three).

young latina lady, mid 20's said "you smell gorgeous!!". the latina accent added to the whole experience

Yesterday a girl at work was saying that I smelled really nice, 10 hours or so after applying a few sprays. Was more intrigued to know that apparently it was still projecting after all those hours - although I was doing some intense running back and forth at work at the time which might have fired it up.

Santana for men is a really smooth, embracing scent.

Last night Pure Havane had me getting compliments from quite a few ladies at the local watering hole I frequent.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

i've sat next to the same smokin hot girl in class every class all semester. always wearing a fragrance, but no comment on it from her. we are friendly acquaintances and FB friends, but we don't hang out outside of class.

today...

her: oh my god, what are you wearing, you smell soooo goooood!!!
    me: uh, thanks!

*20min later, during lecture, she leans over and whispers*

her: that shit is seriously distracting me. i can't concentrate.
    me: sorry, i won't wear it again!
    her: NO!! please do!

I was wearing Creed Windsor WITH a base spray of iso-e-super (molecule 01 basically but i bought it straight from perfumer's apprentice for like $4).

Now, i've gotten compliments from a couple girls about Windsor, but it's usually after a long hug. This time, she was a good 3 feet from me the whole time. the iso-e-super gives this fragrance the legs (balls) it needs to project. This is the first time i've tried this experiment, but definitely NOT the last!!! wow

For me it's Amoauge Jubilation XXV. The women at work have on occasion followed me around to smell it. My new GF asks me to wear it when we go out, as it gives her an (added excuse to get close and personal in public.

la nuit d'lomme

In the last 2 weeks I got 2 compliments from...my mom, LOL.
    1 was for Dior Homme, 2nd one was yesterday on Dior Homme Intense.
    Older ladies like Dior Homme apparently, so if you're after cougars...

Got a pretty serious compliment wearing YSL La Nuit de L'homme tonight

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post

Santana for men is a really smooth, embracing scent.
    One of his better relatively recent hits

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    In the last 2 weeks I got 2 compliments from...my mom, LOL.
    1 was for Dior Homme, 2nd one was yesterday on Dior Homme Intense.
    Older ladies like Dior Homme apparently, so if you're after cougars...
    So what ure saying is if we're after cougars go for ure mum????

Lol j/k

Red Vetyver is getting to be a can't miss for me. My most worn, and 2-3 sprays rarely fails to get at least 1 "you smell great!" comment.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus