Code of Conduct
Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,120 of 6137

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by scenternerian View Post
    Got complimented by a Starbacks barista today. CK Euphoria Intense. She looked aayt.

Later this evening, I complimented myself on Narciso Rodriguez for him. I ignored my own compliment to myself. What a jerk.
    Some people

Millisime Imperial, love and luck, fierce, bleu de chanel, aventus, chanel allure homme sport, dioir homme sport, montauk, 212 men, versace eau fraiche and pour homme, tobacco vanille. Those are a few I can think of right now that have done exceptionally well for me with compliments.

Thanks for the welcome to BN. Ironically, my reply to her was almost just that. To be far this was a girl I know, so I can get away with my slightly cocky attitude.

Funny thing I went to the same cigar lounge the next night and almost got tackled by the waitress who texted me about the Aventus. Later, I had about 3 guys in the lounge ask me what I was wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by mickers View Post
    Millisime Imperial, love and luck, fierce, bleu de chanel, aventus, chanel allure homme sport, dioir homme sport, montauk, 212 men, versace eau fraiche and pour homme, tobacco vanille. Those are a few I can think of right now that have done exceptionally well for me with compliments.
    Man, that is a killer list (minus Love/luck). I have almost all of them, and see why they would do that well.

Lots of compliments, it seems, for Aventus. I will need to move that to the front of my rotation.

Some of you guys need to get out more..thinking that a perfume solely would get you the attention from the opposite sex is, to be honest, just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by yukselserdar View Post
    Some of you guys need to get out more..thinking that a perfume solely would get you the attention from the opposite sex is, to be honest, just stupid.
    Smelling nice CAN get you attention from the opposite sex! It won't get you laid (by itself) but it can unquestionably get you attention/be a conversation starter etc.

Hmm i agree to a certain degree, but i think that the woman has to find you interesting in some way to make an approach. I mean if you look completely wasted or repulsive, you could wear her favorite perfume and she would still not make an approach or show a sign of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by yukselserdar View Post
    Hmm i agree to a certain degree, but i think that the woman has to find you interesting in some way to make an approach. I mean if you look completely wasted or repulsive, you could wear her favorite perfume and she would still not make an approach or show a sign of interest.
    Of course! But that's just common sense, isn't it? As I said above, smelling good is but one piece of the puzzle. There is no "panty dropper" fragrance.

We agree then

I was more referring to some of the above posters, it seemed to me that they thought a scent alone would do the job.

"f*** you smell good" is what a 26 year old female friend of mine told me yesterday.

L'instant de guerlain.

Went to a local bar tonight. Ran into a former co-worker.
    She asked me to come sit at her table. It was her daughter's
    21st birthday, so they were celebrating with drinks.
    I just happened to be sitting by her daughter.
    Within 2 minutes of sitting next to her, she says
    "You smell really good! Mom, can you smell him?"
    Mom says, "Yeah, you smell nice."

I was wearing L'instant de Guerlain EDT

EDIT: Just noticed that the previous poster was complimented on L'instant as well.
    What a great fragrance. I think it's pretty much become my signature scent now.
    I definitely reach for it more than any other in my wardrobe. Extremely versatile.
    Great for work, evenings out, weekends, etc. etc. And I get great longevity with
    the EDT as well, it generally lasts 6--8 hours for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Went to a local bar tonight. Ran into a former co-worker.
    She asked me to come sit at her table. It was her daughter's
    21st birthday, so they were celebrating with drinks.
    I just happened to be sitting by her daughter.
    Within 2 minutes of sitting next to her, she says
    "You smell really good! Mom, can you smell him?"
    Mom says, "Yeah, you smell nice."

I was wearing L'instant de Guerlain EDT
    So you didn't take them both home then?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    So you didn't take them both home then?
    No, unfortunately

got some pretty great compliments with Burberry Brit tonight

Wore aventus Friday night and got at least 5 compliments. It NEVER fails....

^duh, winning!
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Wore aventus Friday night and got at least 5 compliments. It NEVER fails....
    That's why they named it Aventus

I briefly met Erwin Creed last year and thanked him on behalf of all men everywhere for having released that one.

Hi guys and girls. My first post on Basenotes so be gentle...

Summer fragrances/aquatics never seem to pull any compliments on me.

What used to pull compliments for me when I was in the 20's:
    - L'eau par Kenzo Pour Homme
    - Chanel Allure Homme (both the EDT and/or the Deodorant)
    - Boss no. 6 (The Deodorant, not the EDT)

What pulls compliments for me now (Im 34 ):
    - Allure Homme Sport
    - YSL La Nuit
    - Pure Malt
    - Dior Homme Intense
    - Burberry London

Fragrances that Im also used/is using, but isnt really compliment getters:
    (Disclaimer: Ive gotten some compliments on these, but they are to rare and far between to categorize these as "compliment getter fragrances".)
    - Armani Code (projects weak on me and lasts only 4-6 hours)
    - Jean Paul Gaultier 2 (Hey its my JPG Le Male and I love it )
    - D&G Light Blue (I like it, but prolly to weak on me)
    - Dior Homme (I cant figure out why it doesnt get more compliments?!?!)
    - L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme (Well, I liked it. Others didnt )
    - Aramis (Still wondering why I actually used to use this )
    - Kenzo Pour Homme (not L'eau Par Kenzo. See above)
    - Azzaro Chrome
    - Boss in Motion
    - Various other stuff I forgot about
    Last edited by Mrhviid; 3rd May 2011 at 12:57 PM.

Nice compliment today while wearing D&G Light Blue PH. She had to hug me though!

--edit--

Two hours after I got home, I got a text reading "MMM... I can still smell you". Which is nice!
    Last edited by QWERTYOP; 4th May 2011 at 08:53 AM.

I don't normally get complimented on fragrances, but have gotten 3 in the past couple of weeks. The first two were for Gucci PH II and L'instant de Guerlain EDT.
    Monday, I was eating lunch with a female friend who works in the office next door to mine. We happened to walk out the door at the same time. She said "Something smells pleasant, are you wearing cologne?" I was wearing Chanel Allure Homme Sport

She added, "Smells nice and fresh."

I'm the unusual guy that is in his early 30's but going to college and works a normal retail job. So I'm 33 going on 27... I look young for my age. I'm average looking but could stand to drop 20 lbs. :-)

Here is my list:

#1. This is easy and I'm surprised by it: Drakkar Noir. I got it as a gift from a now ex girlfriend and it never fails to get a compliment. I'm serious, more then all my other frags. Now I will say, a lot of "country girls" like this more then "city girls" but it is still the biggest compliment getter I have.

2. Live Jazz - This is my go to summer scent and if I wear it to work, I usually get asked and complimented.

3. Rive Gauche - If I'm dating somebody or if I know it is someone that likes me, this always gets compliments from them but never had one from a stranger.

4. Ungaro III - Surprisingly, younger women seem to like this.

5. Rochas Man - More so than A-Man.

Other ones that get some from time to time:
    Color Benetton - I ware it as a cheap "go to the store" scent in the fall.
    Chrome- My "hot weather" scent
    Lacoste Style in Play - I don't like it, got rid of it actually BUT it got compliments when I wore it and my brother in law now has my bottle and he says the same.
    -iStink

I wore Rive Gauche yesterday and complimented myself throughout the day. If Aventus is Miami Vice, Rive Gauche is Magnum PI.

Here goes my my complimented:

1.Essence of benetton
    2.Creed SMW (though most women say they like it because they could see themselves wearing it)
    3.Un Jardin en mediterranee
    4.Sel Marin
    5.Cool Water

Got a few compliments at work yesterday wearing Gendarme EDP, I love this stuff...one of the best clean fragrances ever made. I reccommend the EDP version over the original if you want stronger sillage and longevity....

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    That's why they named it Aventus

I briefly met Erwin Creed last year and thanked him on behalf of all men everywhere for having released that one.
    I have to agree!!This is the one that gets the most compliments for me as well!!!
    For those of you who havent tried it yet..IT'S A MUST!!

Gendarme EDP is very awesome. During the cooler months this winter I kind of let it fall out of my mind but as soon as the temps rose back close to 100F again here in AZ I revisited it and was reminded how much I love this scent. I was in line at a store about a week ago and I could hear the telltale signs of 'sniff... mmmmmmm' behind me. So I turn and find a 20something woman inching closer to get a better whiff. I smile, she smiles. So that's not a compliment exactly but... you know.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Ambre Sultan from Serge Lutens.

One of my colleague cannot stop passing by when I wear Ambre Sultan.

She is 29 yr old and look like Sophie Marceau.

Guess what ? I will go buy another bottle of this Lutens.

Default Re: Best Cologne to Sedce the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    With that attitude, no fragrance will get you girls, the only thing that would work for you is chloroform.
    I use LE chloroform pour homme,It's a real knock out.

I remember when this thread got started.52 pages later...wow!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Default Re: Best Cologne to Sedce the ladies.

I had a couple compliments recently. The woman at the drive thru window said I smelled "really nice" when I was wearing A&F Fierce. My girlfriend's sister gave me a hug and said I smelled like "unicorns". When I asked her to elaborate, she said "It smells like someone broke the horn off a unicorn and sprinkled it all over you....it's magical" I was wearing Givenchy Very Irresistible

Lately I've gotten a few compliments from women on Editions de Parfum's French Lover.

I have gotten some AMAZING compliments this last week on Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur!

Wore Aventus for the first time today. Within 15 minutes of getting to work (about 1 1/2 hours after application) I walked past a girl who said "Mmmm, you smell good". I said thank you and as she walked into her office I heard another "mmmmm" I'm sold!

Update: My girlfriend got her first whiff of Aventus as she got back into town from a funeral. Not exactly a time that you would expect a compliment for smelling good. I hugged her, and no joke I felt her knees buckle a little. I asked her if she was ok and she looked at me and said "Oh my f***ing god you smell amazing"

Last edited by wood500; 13th May 2011 at 02:17 PM.

"Your shirt smells funny but I really like it."

My very talkative, three-year old niece on Green Irish Tweed. My first GIT compliment and it couldn't have come from a more special lady.

Was asked if ive been smoking pot after 3 hours into Dior Homme Intense lol. And no i didnt smoke anything. But they did say i smell nice.

Aventus. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by wood500 View Post
    Wore Aventus for the first time today. Within 15 minutes of getting to work (about 1 1/2 hours after application) I walked past a girl who said "Mmmm, you smell good". I said thank you and as she walked into her office I heard another "mmmmm" I'm sold!

Update: My girlfriend got her first whiff of Aventus as she got back into town from a funeral. Not exactly a time that you would expect a compliment for smelling good. I hugged her, and no joke I felt her knees buckle a little. I asked her if she was ok and she looked at me and said "Oh my f***ing god you smell amazing"

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    "Your shirt smells funny but I really like it."

My very talkative, three-year old niece on Green Irish Tweed. My first GIT compliment and it couldn't have come from a more special lady.

Hehe some nice compliments guys. I'm very skeptical about Creed but i'm thinking more and more about getting Aventus. Sounds like its really nice and something i'd enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme View Post
    Hehe some nice compliments guys. I'm very skeptical about Creed but i'm thinking more and more about getting Aventus. Sounds like its really nice and something i'd enjoy
    Definitely a skeptic of Creed myself. I still think they are over priced, and have quality control issues but I can't argue with something that smells good and gets compliments. In the end, that's what it boils down to!

fountain

le troisieme homme, body kouros, dior homme intense

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I wore Rive Gauche yesterday and complimented myself throughout the day. If Aventus is Miami Vice, Rive Gauche is Magnum PI.
    hmm interesting comparision

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    got some pretty great compliments with Burberry Brit tonight
    Yeah, same. That's got to be my most complimented although I am new to fragrances.

One time I was out and this girl was sort of tagging along with us, she was cold so I gave her my jacket. She kept sniffing it and saying it smelled beautiful, then she kept putting her hands up my top.

Another time I was at a girl's house and she just said ''whatever perfume you're wearing smells really nice''.

Brit doesn't seem to be used that much. I like it.

Question I need a new sexy fragrance that girls love on men

OK, so I currently have Chanel's Allure Home Edition Blanche and 212 Men ... They are Spring/Summer scents, perfect for this time of the year. But There is something that I really need. The 212 Men smells really manly, especially with that metallic note in it. The Chanel ... it's amazing you know, I use it for bigger events and more sophisticated days.
    Now, I am looking for something that I would smell great with. I need something like 1 Million, Black XS, Dreamer by Versace, Givenchy Play Intense.
    I am looking for a designer fragrance, not a classical one, but maybe a more modern and young one. That would fit a 18-22 year old teenager. I don't want Bleu de Chanel or Declaration by Cartier. I need something like 1 Million and the other sexy fragrances that girls like! Please help me here!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Raptole; 17th May 2011 at 04:14 PM.

Default Re: I need a new panty-dropper

Bvlgari Soir will get you noticed big time dude, women love it on me and appreciate its magical quality

I believe u need to get a life first
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

'Panty dropper' sounds rude & crude. Definitely no 'sophistication' there... Sephora has plenty of these 1 Million clones. Ever tried Givenchy Play Intense? That sounds right up your alley.

Well, I've had the Play Intense, actually I finished my 3.4 oz bottle last Thursday. And Believe it or not, people buy colognes and perfumes just because of that seduction they bring along with them. I used this term because it's easier for people to understand me what I was looking for.
    And please, people, help me find something great! I need more suggestions!
    Thanks

Bleu De Chanel

The fact you are using the term "panty dropper" assures me no cologne will help you in this mission.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

There is not anything like panty dropper but if you want something sexy, for younger crowd and not so popular as 1 million or Le Male try Joop! Jump. It is very cheap too.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Basenotes Plus

We tend to try and shy away from expressions like "panty-dropper". It is somewhat crass and objectifying and many of our female members find it mildly offensive. The scent doesn't really make much difference to be honest. My advice would be to just go out there and get sampling rather then rely on the varying opinions of other people whose tastes will differ from your own. You'll have a blast doing it and once you find something you like and wear it with confidence the opposite sex should come flocking. Good luck !.

Guys, please read what I said earlier. I don't want anything like Blue de Chanel and I already had Play Intense.
    I just need something new, for younger crowd and something sexy. Something that would last long. I can spend up to $120-$130 for a bottle. I just need quality designer fragrance that would last
    Thank you!

Default Re: I need a new sexy fragrance that girls love on men

OK, I changed the name of the Thread and I call it "a sexy fragrance" now.
    So I still need suggestions. I will get as much as possible and then tomorrow, or maybe the next day I will go to the mall where I will try the ones I think would fit me the best and will get samplers. But I really do need more names here, please!

AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    The fact you are using the term "panty dropper" assures me no cologne will help you in this mission.
    Woah! panty dropper? Sad but true.

Dior Homme Intense, ladies love this one.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Dior Homme Intense, ladies love this one.
    +1...

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    We tend to try and shy away from expressions like "panty-dropper". It is somewhat crass and objectifying and many of our female members find it mildly offensive. The scent doesn't really make much difference to be honest. My advice would be to just go out there and get sampling rather then rely on the varying opinions of other people whose tastes will differ from your own. You'll have a blast doing it and once you find something you like and wear it with confidence the opposite sex should come flocking. Good luck !.
    Exactly!

Sample fragrances yourself. It's like asking somebody "Which color looks best on me?" You need to try it out for yourself, on your skin, with your own nose and preferences.

And I'm almost positive people who say that cologne gets them women are just undergoing a placebo effect. They just think: "I got the girl, and she mentioned that she loves my cologne, therefore, the cologne got me the girl." and "Many girls compliment me on this cologne and follow me, so for sure it's getting the ladies." All BS. They just like the way you smell, and probably think you're attractive anyway. They wouldn't follow a 50 year old bum with a hole in his sock even if he smelt like 1 Million. Come on sheeple, do your own thinking and research!

Jon has it right here. Find something you feel confident wearing. A girl would rather be with a confident guy wearing a decent cologne versus a self-conscious guy wearing what she thinks smells awesome but the guy wearing it feels gross and is only wearing it to get her attention.
    Last edited by G Man; 17th May 2011 at 08:16 PM.

the smell of $$$$ is the best 'panty-dropper'

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by Connoisseur View Post
    Badger already knows my views on Fluid Man. It must be a body chemistry thing

~Clinton
    I've noticed how many people here talk about the compliments they receive for wearing fragrances.

That's so nice! I never get any compliments from strangers :-/  no negative comments either, people just don't say anything (except when they're drunk - good old Dutch courage!)