Code of Conduct
Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,180 of 6140

Default Re: I need a new sexy fragrance that girls love on men

Quote Originally Posted by el_payo View Post
    +1...
    no surprise there...smells amazing and one of my favorites..

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

No bullshit, I witnessed this in the flesh last night. My business partner had a stunning young Russian model (who he knows) come up to him, kiss him on the neck, lips and then proceed to bury her nose in his neck and exclaim "So it's true, you always smell amazing". The scent? Dolce & Gabbana Pour homme. Say what you will, this one is a real lady killer.

I got a compliment from a girl last night while I was wearing Versace l'homme...and I rarely get compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I got a compliment from a girl last night while I was wearing Versace l'homme...and I rarely get compliments
    I don't wear this that much at all but it gets many compliments every time I wear it. I'm always surprised. I should wear out more often.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Got a few great compliments last night wearing L'instant Guerlain EDT, I had to write it down for one girl who wants to buy it for her husband...

Basenotes Plus

Ladies love Tommy.

Aventus is a straight up chick magnet of all ages, and i have the smokey batch. It never fails.

Green Irish Tweed...3 within 30 min of entering the work place.

"You smell amazing! what are you wearing?"

Man,I am totally biased for Guerlain but credit where its due.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Got a few great compliments last night wearing L'instant Guerlain EDT, I had to write it down for one girl who wants to buy it for her husband...
    +1.

Yep I agree. Happens quite often with L'Instant de Guerlain EdT....but I never tell them what I am wearing.I am selfish...

Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    +1.

Yep I agree. Happens quite often with L'Instant de Guerlain EdT....but I never tell them what I am wearing.I am selfish...
    Is there something I am missing with this one? I own a big bottle of this, blind bought it, and I find the scent really bad. Is it foul out of the bottle but gets better? Or maybe it is just my age group (18-21 year olds) that don't fit the demographic of the scent. The positive reviews made me blind buy it, and it was one of the few blind buys I regret (M7 being another one.)
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) LumiŤre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Is there something I am missing with this one? I own a big bottle of this, blind bought it, and I find the scent really bad. Is it foul out of the bottle but gets better? Or maybe it is just my age group (18-21 year olds) that don't fit the demographic of the scent. The positive reviews made me blind buy it, and it was one of the few blind buys I regret (M7 being another one.)
    Where did you get your bottle? It smells awesome IMO, strong citrus to anise and cocoa...classy stuff for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    Green Irish Tweed...3 within 30 min of entering the work place.

"You smell amazing! what are you wearing?"

Man,I am totally biased for Guerlain but credit where its due.
    I use to get awesome batches of GIT, if your don't mind me asking what batch number do you have? I just got a new bottle and it's extremely weak with no sillage. There is a theory going around that it gets better with age, only time will tell....

Sur la Plage

Was complimented several times (you smell REALLY good) while wearing Guerlain Shalimar EDT recently.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I use to get awesome batches of GIT, if your don't mind me asking what batch number do you have? I just got a new bottle and it's extremely weak with no sillage. There is a theory going around that it gets better with age, only time will tell....
    My GIT batch number:A3209P02...

I bought it last year.Correlates with the theory about batch number here.

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    I tested it at Bloomingdales.I liked it...and then tested again at my local fragrance store....After I satisfied that it is authentic,I bought it.I am agreeing with the reviewers on this about you can smell all the three phases within minute of spraying...Citrusy opening[not much citrusy on my skin],nice cocoa dry down....don't know whether there is vanilla in this or not....but I am getting this sweet vanillic smell[like shalimar edt vanilla] in the dry down...May be anise and cocoa together.

But it is a romantic non offending scent....If you have two minds about your frag authenticity, you should visit the big stores carrying authentic product.

Basenotes Plus

@checker, I am having the same issue, and my batch is also from '09. I'm sure it's authentic because I bought it at Nieman's

Blog Entries

Hi guys, I was going to compliment my boss on his fragrance but decided not to so I can't tell you what it was BUT I thought about it....

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Hi guys, I was going to compliment my boss on his fragrance but decided not to so I can't tell you what it was BUT I thought about it....
    Aw why not? Everyone loves compliments

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName View Post
    I have not had too many compliments yet. I don't know why, but I think most girls my age are too insecure to comment about a strangers fragrance. I work in place where you are bombarded with smell, and its often difficult to pick out who is wearing what.

Issey Miyake or Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme are probably my most complimented.
    I concur RE. Issey Miyake particularly, when I wear it I'm not exaggerating by saying Love it and ask what is it. it's Timeless

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by shotcaller View Post
    This may have been done before, but I did not find anything on my search. I personally have gotten the most female compliments wearing Creed SMW, but my collection is rather slim. So what has been your experience? Is there one you go to that get's the ladies attention and is not worn by every other guy out there?
    Well it depends on a lot of things and the circle you travel "If she's not super classy I'm not interested in her compliment"..I love a good compliment like anyone..However I am in love with myself and my decisions aren't based on what's popular IE mass marketed...I love anything over $100. dollars, From France only and not sold in everywhere eg Macy's Dillard's Ulta? Perfumania?lol arrrg I hate everyone wearing my stuff!! I don't want to be cloned lol..with a few small exceptions of course...Hardly anyone wears Issey Miyake still love it, Terre D'Hermes never let me down, Voyage Hermes, I have all Hermes fragrances. Clive Christian #1 women Love it!!, BVLGARI Extreme very good (common but good), Anick Goutal Eau D'Hadrien Parfum not EDT though I like both...
    I would not date a woman that like any Polo fragrances yuk cheap water, Unless she's Tres sexy!!
    Gucci, common; Burberry, common; new Chennel I liked it for 15 minutes to feminine for me I would wear it to bed smells like a body spray lol...Fragrances should be like wine tasting, Full bodied, Distinct Taste, and Sophisticated; even when you're having fun.

I would rather have 10 Expensive than 50 cheap lol
    It is more important to know the rarity of a thing than knowing the cost..
    Last edited by FragranceSnob; 29th May 2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: addition

Recently for me, Bijan has been getting a lot of good comments when I wear it...(and then some not so nice). But Bvlgari Blu has caused some madness...people love when I wear it. It is such a simple scent, but everyone likes it.
    wasurete shimau darou kata nitsumo rukanashimi wa nakareru hoshi no tenidakare

I didn't exactly get compliment but my mother came home today and asked me to go to elevator real quick because there is some really awesome fragrance in the air. So I went there, smelled for awhile, came back to my room and handed her decant of Le Male.

It is funny because my father loves Le Male too... BTW they are 53 and 54 I gave them my bottle so they can use it on will.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER LE MALE, I like how it smells not too strong (with 3 sprays, 1 on neck & 1 on each wrist/arm, just right). and i like the bottle itself. I have this as my #1 fragrance. My wife LOVES this one on me (it sets the mood^^)! People will stop me and ask..."what are you wearing?"

Got a "you smell nice" after giving a girl a hug today while wearing Guerlain homme.

I got a hug from a girl when i was wearing Curve Crush and alot of people dislike it but it still got a compliment . p.s Givenchy Play Intense is my masterpiece

I wore Dior Homme last weekend to a formal party. Almost like a reunion so lots of hugs and I got six compliments. Wore it today at work and got another. Prior to this, I've rarely got random compliments wearing Dior Homme.

Got 3 compliments in the past 2 days from Issey Miyake. I know its not well liked here due to the popularity but women love it. Funny thing is I live in NYC, you would think I'd smell this everywhere but I dont. My 2nd is probably Hanae Mori. Just got this a few weeks ago and I love it and it seems alot of other ppl do too.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    I wore Dior Homme last weekend to a formal party. Almost like a reunion so lots of hugs and I got six compliments. Wore it today at work and got another. Prior to this, I've rarely got random compliments wearing Dior Homme.
    Just curious was it the original or intense? Both are masterpieces IMO

VERSACE Eau Fraiche: a very fresh and lemon scent good for anytime use.
    Acqua Di Gio: i have had it for many yrs and still recommend it anytime, anywhere.
    D & G light blue: I toally love this scent and I have received so many good comments.
    BURBERRY Brit: Wear this daily, for a date or for special events. Its good all the time. It gives you confidence, masculinity enhancer.
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male: This is simply a amazing scent. i know it's 1 of the most popular fragrance in the whole world ...
    it has a reason to it.

Was waiting on a drink at an outside bar last night,
    a server walked up next to me and said "You smell good."
    I was wearing Chanel Allure Homme Sport

She then offered this advice: She asked me "Can you smell the cologne you're wearing right now?"
    I said "Yes, I can."
    She said "When you find a cologne that you can't smell when you're
    wearing it, you know that is the one for you. That means it matches
    up with your body chemistry."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I was wearing a single chest spritz of Donna Karan vintage Fuel for Men when I met a friend and his wife outside the front door of a new restaurant we had decided to try out. As his wife and I exchanged greeting hugs she commented "Oh, you smell good!". It was one of the few compliments I have received when wearing a frag. We entered the restaurant and the conversation immediately turned to the interesting decor and that was the end of any frag talk.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Was waiting on a drink at an outside bar last night,
    a server walked up next to me and said "You smell good."
    I was wearing Chanel Allure Homme Sport

She then offered this advice: She asked me "Can you smell the cologne you're wearing right now?"
    I said "Yes, I can."
    She said "When you find a cologne that you can't smell when you're
    wearing it, you know that is the one for you. That means it matches
    up with your body chemistry."
    Is that true?

I can't smell Versace Dreamer or Burberry Brit on myself, I actually thought something was wrong and that it wasn't projecting?

cuir amethyste by armani prive.
    the best blind buy ever.
    cannot stop aplying it.
    the staying power is amazing. the purpleness of joy.
    amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    Is that true?

I can't smell Versace Dreamer or Burberry Brit on myself, I actually thought something was wrong and that it wasn't projecting?
    I don't know if it's true or not. I just found her comment sort of interesting. That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that about cologne/fragrances. As someone who enjoys collecting and wearing a variety of fragrances, I don't think I'm ever going to find "the one for me." And to be honest, I don't like wearing fragrances that I find hard or impossible to smell on myself. The main reason I wear fragrances is for my own enjoyment. If I can't at least get a whiff of what I'm wearing throughout the day, then I can't enjoy it. If I can't enjoy it, then I don't want to wear it.

Winter - Burberry London
    Summer - Live Jazz

I've also been complimented on Pi, Dior Homme, Rive Gauche and Cool Water.
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Rochas Man
    Millesime Imperial

My frankenstein:

80% HUGO by BOSS with 20% one million mixed for two days in one dacant bottle. this gives me more compliments than the two above.

Terre d' Hermes by miles
    Worth mentioning that no 2 would be Acqua di Parma Colonia

Compliment today by co-worker on Chanel Antaeus.

I know this fragrance has had mixed reviews, but the topic of this thread is 'most female compliments' so here's one that hasn't had as much mention: Bleu de Chanel. Yes, doesn't smell very original though with the drydown this fragrance evolves and takes on a different character. The point is: women like this. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by josevancouver View Post
    I know this fragrance has had mixed reviews, but the topic of this thread is 'most female compliments' so here's one that hasn't had as much mention: Bleu de Chanel. Yes, doesn't smell very original though with the drydown this fragrance evolves and takes on a different character. The point is: women like this. A lot.
    Indeed they do, I had a handful of nice compliments the other day wearing this scent
    And one AMAZING compliment as well... But that one is probably because of me ;D (Bleu is just a scent, but I am so much more ! )

Hey, it's always a combo of the scent plus the person wearing it too

I know this was mentioned earlier, but a great scent women love combined with some stylish clothes and a fairly (don't have to be a Greek god or anything) fit physique and you have a winning combo.

In the end when I summ it all up, Davidoff Cool Water garnered most compliments.

Got a compliment on very sexy for him today. I used to always get compliments on Burberry London too.

I was wearing Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler last night when this girl said,"wow you smell great".....and Indeed i did.

Paco rabanne 1 million and Black Xs
    Joop! Jump and Homme
    JPG-Le Male

I got multiple compliments at work from co-workers that now have become sort of a daily fragrance critique group.lol
    The ones that got great reviews OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE, SPICE AND WOOD, WINDSOR,and ROSE 31..
    H.O.T ALWAYS came with mixed reviews. I was told by one co-worker that I smelled old from far away but smelled better up close.

On a separate incident, this past weekend, I went to visit my wife at work. She was working on a different floor with people who do not come in contact with me on a common basis. Once I left they asked my wife what I was wearing. My wife proceeded to call me and ask me at which time she told me that three younger nurses told her I smelled "yummy". I had not heard that one before. The culprit OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE.

Which house produces Oxford and Cambridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    Czech & Speake is the house that produces the wonderful lavender peppermint on a oakmoss base that is Oxford & Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    Czech & Speake I believe.

Thanks.

Duke is right. But, I'll warn you get a sample first. It does different depending on your skin type. I let someone else try out and the absinthe was all you could smell. Where on me it smells completely different.

Just curious was it the original or intense? Both are masterpieces IMO
    It was the original.

is it just me or do women just love aquatics?

They love "clean"...which is hard to pin down.

I'm friends with a gentleman who is, seriously, average or below in looks and had women in a former Eastern Bloc country falling all over him. His secret? A shower with soap. Why? The local men don't bathe that much. The women picked up on his "clean" scent immediately.

Got some great compliments last night wearing Tom Ford's neroli portofino...

Wall Street gets me compliments at all levels.

Creed Aventus was a big hit yesterday. Visited my girlfriends family for fathers day and got compliments from my girlfriend, her mom, her sister, and her sister in law, with the best compliment being "You smell like a dream". This stuff is really a lady killer, and I'm slowly being convinced to buy a full bottle despite the outrageous price.

Quote Originally Posted by wood500 View Post
    Creed Aventus was a big hit yesterday. Visited my girlfriends family for fathers day and got compliments from my girlfriend, her mom, her sister, and her sister in law, with the best compliment being "You smell like a dream". This stuff is really a lady killer, and I'm slowly being convinced to buy a full bottle despite the outrageous price.
    No Surprise there, just curious what batch do you have?

no surprise there, just curious what batch do you have?
    Lot # a42b10k02 10ml decant I got from BN'er SlimPickins. Wish I had more!!

Quote Originally Posted by wood500 View Post
    Lot # a42b10k02 10ml decant I got from BN'er SlimPickins. Wish I had more!!
    That's the one I have, I previously had C4210E01 which was extremely rich with Pineapple. A42b10k02 has the pineapple but the birch in the mid notes is very prominent. Still very good stuff!!!