Code of Conduct
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,240 of 5716

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by wood500 View Post
    Creed Aventus was a big hit yesterday. Visited my girlfriends family for fathers day and got compliments from my girlfriend, her mom, her sister, and her sister in law, with the best compliment being "You smell like a dream". This stuff is really a lady killer, and I'm slowly being convinced to buy a full bottle despite the outrageous price.
    Yeah this one is good...Just wish it was consistent. Not worth the aggravation of dealing with bad batches.

Post Thanks / Like

Vétiver Extraordinaire!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The great A*Men

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much everything I wear but I don't really care.

I mean I'm more interested in finding out what some good looking woman is wearing when I smell something really good on her. If I come across someone woman wearing Mitsouko, Bandit, or something like that, then it's usually mildly transforming and feels extremely good.
    Last edited by pluran; 16th September 2011 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sex Panther, it contains real bits of panther, so you know its good!

no but seriously i would say either Boss Bottled, Diesel Fuel For Life Denim Edition or Christian Dior's Fahrenheit 32.
    if i had to say one i would say Boss Bottled.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Post Thanks / Like

I wore One Million today (3 light sprays, 2 on the chest, 1 on the neck.) Got quite a bit of compliments throughout the day... first time wearing it in a casual setting, and I came to the conclusion that if it is worn lightly, it works well! Projection/silage is amazing. Normally I wear La Nuit De L'Homme, but I hardly get compliments because I find people can't smell it from a distance (but when I hug a girl, they go gaga for this one.) My top two complimented for sure.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny....there are certain scents I wear that women LOVE (but I enjoy mildly) and ones I really like AND women love them.

I own JPG Le Male. Wear it from time to time. It's ok, but for me, also pretty synthetic and a little cloying. I don't hate it, just like it (not love it). Guess what? No surprise, but women keep telling me I smell great. Go figure.

I own Angel for Men. I actually like this one. As long as you are easy on the trigger finger, it's great. Nice chocolate/caramel/vanilla notes. This is my all-time compliment getter. I once walked into a fitness store looking to buy some equipment and a very attractive woman was showing me around and said, "I have to ask you this - what are you wearing?? You smell gorgeous". She must have repeated this a few times. I jokingly said finally, 'Do you want to hug me or something' and she looked around and did!

Finally, Bleu de Chanel (as I mentioned) may get slagged on here but it's another fragrance that gets great compliments. I like it, smells clean and fresh.

Jose

Post Thanks / Like

We all wear fragrances for different reasons. I really wear fragrances because I like smelling good and having it complement what I am wearing, etc.

If the goal is to meet women wearing a cologne, a nice fragrance can open the door, but to seal the deal it takes a lot more. Namely - confidence, how you are dressed, how you interact with women, what kind of physical shape you are in, etc.

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandaze View Post
    The elusive search for a "panty dropper" scent are for dudes who got no game and the fact that you are makes it seem as if you're trying too hard. Think about that for a minute. If getting women wasn't an issue in the first place without a fragrance, we wouldn't be having this conversation. There's other deal breakers for women that are much higher on their priority list than a scent.

Anyway, at the topic at hand, New Haarlem seems to be universally liked by the general public. It got me a couple unsolicited compliments since it smelled "yummy".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sex_Panther View Post
    Sex Panther, it contains real bits of panther, so you know its good!

no but seriously i would say either Boss Bottled, Diesel Fuel For Life Denim Edition or Christian Dior's Fahrenheit 32.
    if i had to say one i would say Boss Bottled.
    "it contains real bits of panther" lmfao

Post Thanks / Like

60% of the time it works every time

Got 2 compliments last Saterday night wearing Dior Homme Intense.

I was out at the club with some friends. Some of which are girls.
    At the beginning of the night 1 girl said something like: "You smell like baby powder, yumm yumm." Another asked me what scent I was wearing when we were about to go home. She also said that she was getting a whiff of it every now and then throughout the entire night.

Guess I got a new clubbing scent.

Tonight I got first compliment from my new date (37yo) and I was wearing...
    Bleu De Chanel.

Its funny because first two dates I wore Terre D'Hermes and Rochas Man and she didnt say anything.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Two women complimented me on Aventus within the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    Two women complimented me on Aventus within the last week.
    Which batch number do you have???

Post Thanks / Like

Hugo Boss Dark Blue got some attention last night

Got two compliments yesterday wearing Green Irish Tweed 5 hours after application, classic olfactory fatigue because i couldn't smell it 30 minutes after i put it on..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Got two compliments yesterday wearing Green Irish Tweed 5 hours after application, classic olfactory fatigue because i couldn't smell it 30 minutes after i put it on..
    I get this with Aventus, 30 minutes and it's completely gone to my nose but I get compliments even 8 hours after application.

That happens to me as well with aventus, longevity beast yet after an hour i think it's gone..funny stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I am usually a fan of big, heavy 80's 'powerscents', but recently I've been trying out Quorum's little Brother Aqua Quorum and can honestly say I've never had so many compliments.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a really nice compliment from a girl i work with from wearing Vetiver 48 (from sample) It made my day lol

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I got a really nice compliment from a girl i work with from wearing Vetiver 48 (from sample) It made my day lol
    Awesome stuff, shame on Creed for discontining it, one of the most elegant scents of all time...blows away any other vetiver scent out there..

Kiton Men has been my summer "suit and tie" fragrance, and it has definitely not failed me. Amazing compliment-getter. I recommend it to anyone looking for a classy summer fragrance.

A friend introduced a female friend of his. Later on, she pulled me to the side:"WHAT are you wearing? That's been driving me crazy all afternoon....I have to know!"

Tobacco Vanille, again!

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post
    A friend introduced a female friend of his. Later on, she pulled me to the side:"WHAT are you wearing? That's been driving me crazy all afternoon....I have to know!"

Tobacco Vanille, again!

No surprise there, one of the best scents ever made. I've gotten some great compliments as well, but I only wear it in the winter. By far the best private blend scent Tom Ford has made...

This has to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read. The most hilarious parts being the regular posts about how "fragrance won't get you girls ... there is no such thing as a panty dropper ... if you are ugly and a loser the best scent in the world won't help you but Brad Pitt can wear no cologne and will still get way more girls than you." LOL!!! Can you state anything more obvious? Do you really think that most guys asking questions about the male scents women like most believe that getting the right fragrance will make them an instant ladies man? If I asked these people what are the best shoes to play basketball in, I would probably get answers like, "You could wear Air Jordans but you will never be as good as Michael Jordan ... Kobe Bryant could wear high heels and still beat you if you were wearing the greatest shoes of all time."
    It's pretty simple. Some guys want to know what are some scents that women find appealing. Maybe a guy wants to smell good for his girlfriend, maybe he likes knowing that a women get's a whiff of his cologne and thinks, "Boy, he smells good." Maybe he thinks it a bonus to his overall presentation, albeit a very minor one. It could be a number of things. And if you want to get into a whole other debate about how there are billions of women in this world and everyone has different taste, again, do you really need to state the obvious? Of course everyone has different taste, but some things are more common than others; I would bet you that more women in college will find Aqua DiGio pleasing than Aramis or Kuoros.
    And by the way, a term like "panty dropper" isn't made to be taken literally. It is like saying that guy's shirt is so expensive he paid a gazillion dollars for it. It's called hyperbole.
    Last edited by PortraitInFlesh; 5th July 2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PortraitInFlesh View Post
    This has to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read. The most hilarious parts being the regular posts about how "fragrance won't get you girls ... there is no such thing as a panty dropper ... if you are ugly and a loser the best scent in the world won't help you but Brad Pitt can wear no cologne and will still get way more girls than you." LOL!!! Can you state anything more obvious? Do you really think that most guys asking questions about the male scents women like most believe that getting the right fragrance will make them an instant ladies man? If I asked these people what are the best shoes to play basketball in, I would probably get answers like, "You could wear Air Jordans but you will never be as good as Michael Jordan ... Kobe Bryant could wear high heels and still beat you if you were wearing the greatest shoes of all time."
    It's pretty simple. Some guys want to know what are some scents that women find appealing. Maybe a guy wants to smell good for his girlfriend, maybe he likes knowing that a women get's a whiff of his cologne and thinks, "Boy, he smells good." Maybe he thinks it a bonus to his overall presentation, albeit a very minor one. It could be a number of things. And if you want to get into a whole other debate about how there are billions of women in this world and everyone has different taste, again, do you really need to state the obvious? Of course everyone has different taste, but some things are more common than others; I would bet you that more women in college will find Aqua DiGio pleasing than Aramis or Kuoros.
    And by the way, a term like "panty dropper" isn't made to be taken literally. It is like saying that guy's shirt is so expensive he paid a gazillion dollars for it. It's called hyperbole.
    ive wanted to say all of this for the longest time. well said

Post Thanks / Like

a cologne compliment might be insult too :P
    it means that you have nothing really interesting in yourself but cologne

anyway sometimes its helpful for newbies getting safe scent, so lets focus on thread and stop deliberate if its funny and helpful or just funny thread
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Aventus*

*Disclaimer: Even though this will garnish compliments (thought the number is hard to gauge as I'm a foreigner living in Japan, and there is a select few things the Japanese seem to publicly compliment on, scent not being one of them; however other foreigners have stated their appreciation to me) I still don't like it, and find it rather "naked emperor-ish". I'm convinced that there's probably just some sort of pheromone laced in it, because no matter how many times I smell it, I still can find nothing remarkable about it.

I think it just seems to act as a sort of catnip for those with an overabundance of estrogen. (No offense to any with an overabundance of estrogen)

Post Thanks / Like

*Double Post*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    +1 for Aventus*

*Disclaimer: Even though this will garnish compliments (thought the number is hard to gauge as I'm a foreigner living in Japan, and there is a select few things the Japanese seem to publicly compliment on, scent not being one of them; however other foreigners have stated their appreciation to me) I still don't like it, and find it rather "naked emperor-ish". I'm convinced that there's probably just some sort of pheromone laced in it, because no matter how many times I smell it, I still can find nothing remarkable about it.

I think it just seems to act as a sort of catnip for those with an overabundance of estrogen. (No offense to any with an overabundance of estrogen)
    Could be... I don't like Aventus. For me it's rather bland, even harsh... girls like it? well, they like AdG too...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    girls like it? well, they like AdG too...
    And a fair amount of other things I find unlikable and distasteful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    ive wanted to say all of this for the longest time. well said
    Yep. A lot of people get way too upset and take some terms too seriously. People need to CHA-HILL. This was well-said, and the uptights need to read it.

You see, not everybody is aware of the obvious (ignorant). Also, people aren't always comparing themselves to celebrities when they post on this forum. So while your comparisons are obvious, that doesn't mean people will work through this logic before posting. People new to dating, fragrances, ect... don't immediately know some things that may seem apparent to you.

And you cannot deny the way fragrances are marketed. Sex appeal. Women all over you. Lusting for you. So naturally, the majority of new comers who have been exposed to this marketing may really believe all they need is a good fragrance to get some sex. Then when that fails, they start reading into pheromones... and buying into that whole market of lies and bs.

In general, you can't always assume people know the obvious. People's tastes in fragrances differ, just as much as awareness.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone was every really angry at anyone for wanting to know which scents women like or which scents are complimented most. Compliments are nice, most would agree.

People just started get riled up because the same question was asked constantly on the main board. Hence this thread.

Got a nice comment on Le Dandy today, and one for Bulgari Au the Vert a few days before that.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Relax IMO. Life starts to lose its colors when we take things too seriously!
    http://youtu.be/VqmXAAvNHMo

Post Thanks / Like

My "Sandwich Artist" at Subway this evening told me that I smelled good, and asked what I was wearing. My answer: "Damned if I know."

j/k It was Fahrenheit Absolute.

Another compliment for Montale Woods and Spice

from a dood - not a chick :/
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    My "Sandwich Artist" at Subway this evening told me that I smelled good, and asked what I was wearing. My answer: "Damned if I know."

j/k It was Fahrenheit Absolute.
    you player you. got the ladies making you sandwiches AND complimenting your frags.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Versace man Eau Fraiche is my most complimented in my modest collection of about 6 fragrances.

Cool Top 3 Females Magnet .....A Scent that Women Melt Over It !!!....

Suggest top 3 designer scents that most of women love it and find it sexy
    especially if it is for younger people (16-20)

Default Re: Top 3 Females Magnet .....A Scent that Women Melt Over It !!!....

I would prefer those sweet ones

Rochas Man- I've never met a girl who didn't like this one
    A* Men- I personally like this one even more than Rochas
    Tomorrow- This one's by Avon, really cheap and is my choice for everyday wear

I'd also recommend trying Le Male and Body Kouros, they're popular 'sexy' fragrances that you might also like

Post Thanks / Like

Go look in the stickied thread at the top of this forum. You'll find LOTS of suggestions there. You can spend days in there finding out EXACTLY which scents drive women MAD with DESIRE, LUST and make them want to rip your clothes off.

The secrets are ALL in the stickied thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Basenotes. Have you used the search function? There are at least 50 threads about this topic that will provide you a bunch of recommendations (use panty dropper as your search terms ). And as a 35 year old man I can say with much assurance that a fragrance will not make you more attractive. Confidence, intelligence, a sense of humor and being real will get you more attention from the ladies than any fragrance could.

But if you need a recommendation please try the fragrance blend in this thread (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/273...-layerin-combo.) I've heard that women (especially those of the corpulent persuasion) lose control when they experience this scent rising from a man's skin!
    Last edited by acjigga; 10th July 2011 at 12:50 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears"

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES
    Neil Morris Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio & 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed & Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Tommy Hilfiger Athletics, Terre d'Hermes parfum, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois parfum, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Slumberhouse Jeke, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking for fragrances that a 16-20 year old male would wear to attract 16-20 year old females? If so, then you are looking for fragrances to attract other teenagers. (which I wouldn't exactly call "women")

Also, are you looking for fragrances that are suitable for summer wear, or just general recommendations?

Teenage girls usually like what's trendy. When all of the guys were wearing cK One, then that's what they liked the best. When it was Azzaro Chrome, that's what they liked the best. Abercrombie Fierce.....well, you get the idea.

My advice to you is to either:
    a) Talk to your friends and peers and see what they are wearing and what they like the most.
    b) Visit several fragrance stores and decide what YOU like the best, and don't worry so much about what girls think.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...le-compliments

Click above to find all the SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE of SCENT. Stop reading this and click it right now!

HEAVEN awaits....

Yet again. There are as many scents women like as there are women.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

Yet again. There are as many scents women like as there are women.
    Yes, and all is revealed in the stickied thread.

Edit: well I'll be danged. I'm IN the stickied thread.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th July 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which fragrance gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by shotcaller View Post
    This may have been done before, but I did not find anything on my search. I personally have gotten the most female compliments wearing Creed SMW, but my collection is rather slim. So what has been your experience? Is there one you go to that get's the ladies attention and is not worn by every other guy out there?
    Every girl I've met likes Tobacco Vanille and Eav Des Bavx. But they don't elicit the verbose reactions of SMW. That one has gotten rants.

Generally, Under 25 like SMW best, 25-32 like MI and Cereus #4 best, mid-30's plus like Hermes Concentre D'Orange Vert best. Or at least they draw the most numerous random comments from my wardrobe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImS*xy View Post
    Suggest top 3 designer scents that most of women love it and find it sexy
    especially if it is for younger people (16-20)
    Without a doubt the king of compliments for a young/sexy designer scent is D&G Pour Homme.

An appealing fragrance, appropriately applied, may:

-- be a "conversation piece/starter" for a woman who has probably already decided she found the man at least mildly attractive
    -- enhance already perceived attraction
    -- simply get a compliment from a woman who DOES NOT find the man attractive but is COMFORTABLE enough to say something knowing the "relationship" won't go anywhere (i.e. female co-workers, female friends, and lesbian friends)
    -- enhance an existing relationship (this is important!)

Post Thanks / Like

you player you. got the ladies making you sandwiches AND complimenting your frags.
    Count me in, too, Jonny! My Aventus got me complimented at Quizno's a few months back! Don't hate the playa, and especially don't hate the sandwich!

Post Thanks / Like

My girl love on me : Musc Ravageur

Compliments from all : Guerlain Homme Intense, Joop Nightflight, Guerlain L'Instnant

I don't really count, but probably YSL La Nuit gets me the most compliments (20 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrydown View Post
    I don't really count, but probably YSL La Nuit gets me the most compliments (20 years old)
    why dont u count?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrydown View Post
    Ditto for me!! Same age. I don't bother counting since this is my signature scent.. so the count is irrelevant (I wear it all the time.)
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

yesterday I complimented a fragrance card sprayed with Hermes Equipage

in typical Hermes clientele fashion, the card completely ignored me
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

I've had Aventus for 2 weeks now and have worn it 4 times. It has got me more compliments in 4 wearings than most of my others after years of wearing.

Still:

1) Fierce
    2) Sonoma Scent Studio Wood Violet

3) Aventus (based on the past 2 weeks)

why dont u count?
    Never really cared enough about the amount of compliments to count I guess. Plus I wear certain frags more often so it's not exactly a fair competition to compare but for the sake of this thread I just made a rough estimate for my most complimented.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Aventus. It's a rare a scent can be this loud, yet so refined and pleasant. Most really loud scents make me want to puke, but not this one.