Code of Conduct
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,420 of 5719

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

my budget enys the price of pure malt but idc it must be good if its of A*Men ..i have the ysl one its okay A*Men IMO is better than that ..ill try the others i guess thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like

La Nuit de L'Homme isn't L'Homme. XD

i have the la nuit one just checked my collection lol which is 3

Dior Homme intense last night, certainly not the first or last time...

Has anyone gone through and counted the mentions of the most complimented fragrances in this thread? I mean after mtgprox05's post from 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    Has anyone gone through and counted the mentions of the most complimented fragrances in this thread? I mean after mtgprox05's post from 2009?
    We were kinda hoping you would do it...

It does not matter. This thread changed from: "Which scent gets you the most female compliments" to "Today I've been complimented on *"
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Good of you to volunteer Silly Rabbit!!

Post Thanks / Like

A few comments on Dior Homme Intense, which is almost a given seeing as how popular Dior Homme has been when i've worn it.

Surprisingly, but more pleasingly, the ladies appreciate Hypnotic Poison on me. Go on guys try it, I dare you!!!

You will be astounded at the compliments you get from the fairer sex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhviid View Post
    +1 - get to work !!

Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sycomore

Post Thanks / Like

Was at a small housewarming party last night for a college friend and we were all sitting around the table late into the party talking casually when my college friend who was sitting next to me suddenly blurted out "okay I need to say something, you smell really damn good", which instantly caught everyone's attention at the table. I think he had been wanting to say it earlier and was now embarrassed for having said it so loudly because he tried to cover it up with a joke "I mean...what you're wearing...it's so pungent and all". Several other people at the table quickly backed up his initial assessment by saying how much they liked it but just hadn't said anything and apparently some of the girls earlier in the night had had a discussion amongst themselves about how good I smelled. Was very surprised by the positive reaction, would not have thought this to be such a crowd pleaser

The fragrance in question: DHI

At work the other day. Was grabbing a cofee refill in the canteen at work. middle aged woman who also works in the City Hall complemented my fragrance...

The frag in question: L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Intense

Now this seemed kinda odd to me. Ive been wearing La Nuit de L'homme (also at work), Dior Homme Intense and Guerlain L'instant Extreme ALOT lately... nothing. No comments or anything...

Well, sometimes things go different than you thought they would!

Quote Originally Posted by YEAHBUDDY View Post
    you fucked up by not getting a number AT THE VERY LEAST from this situation.
    My good man, you must know that I already did my due diligence. The one was married and the other had a boyfriend. However, the one with the bf I already have her cell number Thank you for the concern!

i really really dont care for Dior Homme Sport that much, but it gets compliments without failure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    i really really dont care for Dior Homme Sport that much, but it gets compliments without failure
    Very true, after the success of DHI at the housewarming party last night, decided to wear DHS to the gym today. Was in a conversation with a girl I talk often too there while we were both going up the stairs when she stopped and let me go ahead of her and she proceeded to follow directly behind me asking "What are you wearing? What smells incredible". I told her DHS and she continued to follow behind me to catch the sillage with a 5 mile smile on her face. I've worn other fragrances to the gym and gotten compliments from her but gauging from her reaction this was by far her favorite.

hahah funny you say that because thats where I wear DHS to also.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Man I bet you could wear secretions magnifique and still pull a compliment I think your the most complimented guy. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Cuir de Russie EDT actually (weird)

Post Thanks / Like

Hello there! I have been lurking on this site reading reviews and forum posts (including this entire thread) for the last year, and had an experience last night which compelled me to make my first post. I blind-bought Azzaro Pour Homme based on 131 positive / 8 negative reviews, and because it sounded like something I would like. Last night I applied one spray to the neck, one spray to a wrist, then dabbed the wrists together and then behind each ear before going out to a local bar to shoot some pool. I had a sense that it was projecting pretty well after an hour, and was hoping I hadn't over-applied, as the last thing I wanted was room-clearing "nuclear silage", LOL.

A lady who was shooting pool came up and asked "what cologne are you wearing?" I told her what it was and I asked if it was too strong. She replied: "Not all all, it smells amazing!" and "there's something about it that's making me crazy", ect. She kept coming around taking deep whiffs and then asked me if I was single. I told her as a matter of fact I was, and then she said "you smell like someone who's newly single" and then added: "with that face and that smell, you'll be getting plenty of ass for sure"...A few more choice comments: "It's like pure pheromones" and "it smells WAY better than the man in the can." "Man in the can?" I replied. "Yeah, the blue man that comes in a silver can". "Oh, you mean JPG Le Male?" "Yeah, that one!" (sorry, JonnyLeMale - LOL)

As has been stated in this thread ad nauseam, there's no such thing as a Panty Dropper™ reducing women to swooning nymphomaniacs; it's the whole package. But so far this has been the most dramatic reaction to any scent I've worn, beside the fact that it was the very first testing of a new, blind-bought scent. Two thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like

And on that note, I think its high time we canned this thread. Its really become quite silly, when after all, Dollars and Scents has clearly and cogently made the point that experienced fragrance wearers understand. I doubt Azzaro PH would have made a Top 30 list of most complimented scents...
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lancôme Hypnôse
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    And on that note, I think its high time we canned this thread. Its really become quite silly, when after all, Dollars and Scents has clearly and cogently made the point that experienced fragrance wearers understand. I doubt Azzaro PH would have made a Top 30 list of most complimented scents...
    Becoming silly? Dude, the whole premise for this thread that its a silly topic. Thats all it is, ever was and always will be. Its a lighthearted, fun thread nothing else. Surely some people take it VERY seriously like some people do with.. I dont know... Star Wars?

Youre like the guy whos watching Lord of the rings and in the middle of the movie suddenly goes "Wait a minute... trolls doesnt exists in real life. This is a silly movie"! :-p

Thread like this have to be read on their own premises. Fun, lighthearted, not-to-serious information. And thats exactly what it delivers. Nothing else....

Keeping with the silly nature of this thread, I had a strange day today. A girl at work wanted to buy something for her husband's birthday, so I took in a number of my collection for her to sample. This involved various people in the office wearing different smells on each arm, and everyone sniffing each other (which must have looked pretty weird to an outsider)!

The selection was: -

- Live Jazz
    - Burberry London
    - Body Kouros
    - Dior Homme Intense
    - Marc Jacobs Bang
    - Dior Ambre Nuit
    - YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    - Chergui
    - Tuscan Leather (I threw this one in as a curveball. It wasn't popular!)

The winner hands down was DHI. Second place was a tie between Bang and Live Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars and Scents View Post
    "with that face and that smell, you'll be getting plenty of ass for sure"...
    She said "Ass"?

Post Thanks / Like

You want compliments on uncommon fragrances that you won't smell on EVERY guy you walk by, so I suggest you not shop at Macy's, etc. Try some of these fragrances to name a few...

Le Labo Rose 31
    Creed Aventus
    Tiffany & Co. Sport
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    By Kilian Back To Black Aphrodisiac
    Serge Lutens Chergui

Received a few compliments for wearing Black Aoud by Montale. This one sure is an attention grabber!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never understood the concept of closing a thread unless posters were offending others, or some rules of Basenotes were violated. If a thread doesn't interest me, I don't open it.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFist View Post
    Received a few compliments for wearing Black Aoud by Montale. This one sure is an attention grabber!
    I've received two negative coments in the last three days:

Dior Homme Intense: " you smell like your grandma "
    New Haarlem: " who's sweating garlic "

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to a coffee with an ex today and the response I got from burberry london was ridiculous. From the first hug she told me I smelt amazing and from then on she couldn't get close enough, often just leaning into my chest/neck for random sniffs throughout the afternoon haha. I always knew burberry london had it in it such a great scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    I've never understood the concept of closing a thread unless posters were offending others, or some rules of Basenotes were violated. If a thread doesn't interest me, I don't open it.
    Becoming silly? Dude, the whole premise for this thread that its a silly topic. Thats all it is, ever was and always will be. Its a lighthearted, fun thread nothing else. Surely some people take it VERY seriously like some people do with.. I dont know... Star Wars?

Youre like the guy whos watching Lord of the rings and in the middle of the movie suddenly goes "Wait a minute... trolls doesnt exists in real life. This is a silly movie"! :-p

Thread like this have to be read on their own premises. Fun, lighthearted, not-to-serious information. And thats exactly what it delivers. Nothing else....

I wasn't being that serious but I agree with your comments. These threads should definitely be approached from a perspective of silliness; too many people take this as the sole-source of finding a show-stopper and no "real" such thing exists.
    Fall/Winter Rotation:

Lancôme Hypnôse
    Lanvin Avant Garde
    Zegna Intenso
    Dior Homme Intense
    Thierry Mugler Taste of Fragrance
    Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a newbie in this fragrance world but my first cologne was dunhill desire (red bottle)- I got crazy compliments from different girls, friends begging me to try it and so on... I didn't think anything of it.

2nd was cool water GAME, i bought it because a friend who works in a perfume shop recommended it to me. I have been using it for 6 years, every gf i had went bananas for it. spraying it on their bed sheets, pillows and their sweater to smell like me.... great compliment getter.. love it.

3rd was chrome, i don't really enjoy it like the rest, but i got a lot of compliments (you smell good) kinds, and one lady couldn't get over how good i smelled, she kept saying it every 5 minutes. I layered it with cool water game and it smelled even much better...

4th le male, shocking how this cologne didn't get any compliments from people. it doesn't project great on my skin. i was disappointed although i love the vanilla mint smell of le male. i only got the "it smells good" when i asked, it didn't project enough for them to notice it... shame

I rarely get many compliments from women, but today I have gotten 3 compliments from 3 seperate women that have never noticed my fragrances before. One was the lady at the checkout counter at Banana Republic; she said I smelled very nice. A worker in the cafeteria at work complimented me, and a lady that was standing beside me at Walgreen's.

I was wearing Cartier Roadster.

The main reason I wear fragrances is for my own enjoyment. If I can't at least get a whiff of what I'm wearing throughout the day, then I can't enjoy it. If I can't enjoy it, then I don't want to wear it.
    forest murals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I rarely get many compliments from women, but today I have gotten 3 compliments from 3 seperate women that have never noticed my fragrances before. One was the lady at the checkout counter at Banana Republic; she said I smelled very nice. A worker in the cafeteria at work complimented me, and a lady that was standing beside me at Walgreen's.

I was wearing Cartier Roadster.
    How many sprays, Barry? I wore this recently and almost made myself sick with 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    How many sprays, Barry? I wore this recently and almost made myself sick with 3.
    2 to the chest, and 1 shot to each upper inside of each elbow.

Strange, people seem to be mesmerized by this one. Women, not young girls. Mature, good-looking professional type women. I have to admit I have really come to love this one as well. It has this salty ambergris kind of thing on me mixed with the herbal mint. And the vanilla softens it all as it seems almost to creep from my pores.

Try not to concentrate on it when you wear it Chuck...just let it go and don't analyze it. This smells so sophistivcated and manly, I could easily see a gent like you at work with this one. If I smelled it on someone, I would think...there goes someone with their act together and fulll of quiet confidence. A mature guy...but has a sense of today's style mixed with timeless taste.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Barry. Eloquent as usual!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this thread brings out the green eyed monster in some people .

Post Thanks / Like

At least from the last few pages I have read , it seems like YSL le Nuit , Aventus And Dior homme are ahead of the pack....Now ducky is one I might look into pretty soon .

Post Thanks / Like

I received a comment from a female coworker on my SotD. She asked what it was, and I kinda freaked and said, "Uh, it's some Arabian wood stuff." It was Le Labo Oud 27.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Aventus... all day, every day!

Post Thanks / Like

Still it's Kurkdjian's APOM. Last time it was my sister who complemented it very warmly. Interestingly, it happened late afternoon, after about 9-10 hours of applying the scent, and I have a very easy hand with APOM. So longevity, and sillage are extemely good, also.

Got numerous compliments on Lumiere Noire Pour Homme yesterday, and it was my first time wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Still it's Kurkdjian's APOM. Last time it was my sister who complemented it very warmly. Interestingly, it happened late afternoon, after about 9-10 hours of applying the scent, and I have a very easy hand with APOM. So longevity, and sillage are extemely good, also.
    I really need to get some samples of APOM and Cologne Pour Le Soir. I've only sprayed them on cards, but think they are awesome.

Bowling green

Post Thanks / Like

Creed MI has gotten me some positive attention lately.

Recently got a compliment from an employee wearing Arabian Diamond.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

put another one down for green irish tweed

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to starbucks yesterday with a friend and he got complimented over the counter wearing le male. After he walked away after ordering I got a "wow that smells nice too" on Pure Havane. I guess what it really says is le male was destroying pure havane all over on the projection front hahaha

Got several great compliments last night wearing L'instant extreme

i get a lot of compliments wearing dior homme sport. funny thing is, this isn't one of my favourite scents, but it gets ladies attention.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
    i get a lot of compliments wearing dior homme sport. funny thing is, this isn't one of my favourite scents, but it gets ladies attention.
    same. gets complimented alot but really not even close to one of my favorite summer frags. to be honest i got it because the bottle looks nice next to dior homme. Id take AdG, Chanel Allure Sport and Blanche, Issey, Bvlgari Aqva, Bleu de Chanel, etc over Dior Homme Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, RSVP by Kenneth Cole. I'd personally rate it about 5/10; a real middle of the road mens casual fragrance. In one day alone I received 3 very positive unsolicited comments from complete female strangers.

Post Thanks / Like

Curve by far. I don't know what's in Curve that makes girls love it so much, but when I wear it girls notice it. It's followed very closely by Armani Acqua Di Gio.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Curve by far. I don't know what's in Curve that makes girls love it so much, but when I wear it girls notice it. It's followed very closely by Armani Acqua Di Gio.
    Curve totally rocks on my 15-year old son. Did nothing on me. Curve is a legendary lady-killer, appealing to women of all ages (my 65-year old mother as well). It spans all age groups in both who wears it well (I know a 75 year old who wears it) and who receives it well.

If you're not really a scent-head, and just like smelling good and getting noticed, the combo of Curve and Fierce will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Curve totally rocks on my 15-year old son. Did nothing on me. Curve is a legendary lady-killer, appealing to women of all ages (my 65-year old mother as well). It spans all age groups in both who wears it well (I know a 75 year old who wears it) and who receives it well.

If you're not really a scent-head, and just like smelling good and getting noticed, the combo of Curve and Fierce will do the trick.
    Fierce is another good one for compliments. I own it but I only wear it a few times a year. I have to be in the mood to wear Fierce even though girls go gaga over it. When I ask girls what their favorite men's cologne is, quite a few of them go with Fierce.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

clearly Antaeus . the girl is still crazy about it !!!!!!

Millesime Imperial (by everyone)
    Dior Homme Intense (women LOVE this, great for clubs)
    La Nuit (randoms ask me what im wearing all the time)
    Musc Ravageur (my lovers have no choice but to love it)
    L'Instant de Guerlain Eau Extreme (25 and older crowd)

tag bodyspray is the only thing that has gotten me a compliment. sigh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nzyellowkid View Post
    Went to a coffee with an ex today and the response I got from burberry london was ridiculous. From the first hug she told me I smelt amazing and from then on she couldn't get close enough, often just leaning into my chest/neck for random sniffs throughout the afternoon haha. I always knew burberry london had it in it such a great scent.
    Just to be off topic for a second, don't you think that thats a bit dangerous with an ex?
    But yes, I am eagerly awaiting cold weather so I can start wearing London. It seems like just about everyone loves it. I'd be interested to see if anyone compliments me on it in my age group.

I have found that so far to date, my most complimented smells, are the smells that are either very common in my age group, or smell similar to something common (even when they arent at all the same to my nose). For example, I'm sure if I wore something from Hollister or Abercrombie I would get boatloads of compliments. Anything I actually like, and wear regularly, however do not get compliments at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting off work, A&F Fierce is all over my clothes during class, always get complimented, on smell and dress!
    A*Men is getting some really nice attention as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Amber and Tobacco Vanilla work wonders
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!