Code of Conduct
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,600 of 5994

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Was at the supermarket today and the woman who works behind the counter said ,"that's a great cologne your wearing, what is that?". It was GEIR by Geir Ness..

I received a positive reaction from Le Male yesterday, and a negative reaction to Amouage Gold Man the day before. Both were female.

Been getting some serious compliments from Gucci Pour Homme 2

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    What about DHI ? no bueno in the compliment department for you ?

Has anyone tallied it up yet?

Top 5?

Got a compliment on VC&A Midnight in Paris EDT in my office this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Gucci 2 lasts a good 6 hours on me with limited sillage. How long after application did someone compliment on it?

Hai Karate, followed closely by Axe Phoenix and Lemon Pledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    Women of true taste...

you forgot to mention brut faberge 33, a true classic and any david beckam fragrances..

Caron Pour Un Homme, Body Kouros and Tuscan Leather. Yes, Tuscan Leather!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard_Butler View Post
    What about DHI ? no bueno in the compliment department for you ?
    It does, but others and now myself are started to prefer the original Dior Homme a little bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Gucci 2 lasts a good 6 hours on me with limited sillage. How long after application did someone compliment on it?
    Well, some of them were about 5 minutes after application, others about 1 hour. But I can still smell its sillage on myself after 6 hours as well

La nuit de L'homme again. This one is an attention seeker/bringer indeed. A person wearing this one will get noticed. I don't know about the others but on my skin it's sillage is great, almost Joop! Homme like.

Creed Himalaya got an enthusiastic comment today from a pretty girl. I wish i could tell her "girl, you have some expensive taste" and then snap my fingers as someone else suggested here, i merely said "thanks".

Gucci PHII has been one of my main frags ever since it came out, so by virtue of opportunities TO BE complimented on it... it's had the most positive reactions. I feel as if I have to spray it on and then make a mad dash to be around people if I expect anyone to be able to smell it. I haven't been wearing it much at all in recent months. I think I'll do that today.

For 2k11, I'd have to say my most complimented frag would be Caron's 3rd Man

Brut. Just kidding.

Mugler Cologne and Beckham Signature.

Cute bartender chick this weekend: "You smell delicious"
    Thanks, La Nuit de l'Homme

Basenotes Plus

Got my first ever compliment today. At 50 years of age I had resigned myself to never getting one! I went to an office for a short meeting and it was staffed by 3 ladies. I concluded my business and left. After 10 minutes I realised I had forgotten something I should mention so I returned. I was leaving when one of them called out " hey, Mr indianwells, what cologne are you wearing? Me and the other girls think it's really yummy!"

Thank you Aventus!
    Last edited by indianwells; 28th December 2011 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmelltheGlove View Post
    Cute bartender chick this weekend: "You smell delicious"
    Thanks, La Nuit de l'Homme
    at first I just thought wtf about this, but I get a comment almost every time I wear it. That scent really has something about it...

It's fairly obvious that Aventus and La Nuit are the winners for compliments among the releases of the last two years. IF that's one's objective.

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    Got my first ever compliment today. At 50 years of age I had resigned myself to never getting one!
    Better late than never, right? And when you least expected it - better still!

Ive been enjoying the development of Versace Dreamer in this cold weather and apparently others have as well....I play poker for a living and every time I wore Dreamer I got comments and questions from at least two female card dealers about what I am wearing... La Nuit comes off more floral from my skin and I actually enjoy YSL's La Libre better.....as far as others reaction Libre has been better received....
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Almost every Kilian!
    http://bleauog.blogspot.com/ - my blog

Gathered plenty of sniffs, followed by smiles, this morning, down the local supermarket. 24 Gold does the job.

La Nuit..... gets a lot of silent compliments. The trick is not to wear too much because it can get cloying, but 1-2 sprays of this.. you're set. This has to be the biggest gem in my collection as a college student. Just wish I could find another one like it... that just wow'd me when I first smelled it.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

A few months with no compliments, then 2 days in a row!

Yesterday, 2 of my female employees made comments about how great I smelled. I was wearing Tauer L'air Du Desert Marocain.

Tonight, the girl who brought my beer to the bandstand breathed in deep and said I smelled wonderful. Montale Aoud Lime.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Black Aoud, 2 sprays makes wonders, although my mother doesnt like it (it was opening she sniffed) she said its like most scents from 80s, strong with vibe of alcohol, but after about 5h my 2 friends seems to like it very much
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I have a new frag that I got and since I wear it I get more compliments than my Aventus! Its crazy!!

Thanks to.. Vera Wang!!

3 compliments today wearing Aventus, 3 hours after application. Funny thing is I couldn't smell a damn thing...

got a sample of chez bond from saks after getting my gf a frag so i wore it the next day for the first time. i received 3 compliments that day alone. i have also received compliments on Musc Ravageur but none from people my age or anywhere near haha. (im 23)

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    Got my first ever compliment today. At 50 years of age I had resigned myself to never getting one! I went to an office for a short meeting and it was staffed by 3 ladies. I concluded my business and left. After 10 minutes I realised I had forgotten something I should mention. I was leaving when one of them called out " hey, Mr indianwells, what cologne are you wearing? Me and the other girls think it's really yummy!"

Thank you Aventus!
    Yeh Aventus is certainly a compliment getter! Glad you enjoy it....stuff is terrific. Let me guess..when you got the compliment you couldn't smell it on yourself right?

Yeh Aventus is certainly a compliment getter! Glad you enjoy it....stuff is terrific. Let me guess..when you got the compliment you couldn't smell it on yourself right?
    The only downside to Aventus!

Got a compliment on Gucci Pour Homme today. Great winter scent!
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

TF Tobacco Vanille...

Had a woman literally come up to me and put her face to my chest. She said, "Wow, you smell amazing! I usually don't like cologne on men, but this fragrance is amazing."

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    TF Tobacco Vanille...

Had a woman literally come up to me and put her face to my chest. She said, "Wow, you smell amazing! I usually don't like cologne on men, but this fragrance is amazing."

women have taken notice when I've worn tobacco vanille as well, it's a niche masterpiece...

women have taken notice when I've worn tobacco vanille as well, it's a niche masterpiece...
    Funny thing is that I don't even like it that much. It's a bit too simple and sweet for me to love it, but I still like it.

CREED Aventus again.
    Lots count today. Got to love it.

As I was leaving the gym yesterday one of my friends started a conversation with me and it went like this:

Friend- "What cologne do you have on? It's really good and different"
    Me- "It's called Aventus"
    Friend -"Aventus?" *with a confused look on his face*
    Me- "You can't find it in Sephora"
    Friend- "So where can I find it at...Marshall's or Macy's?"
    Me- "no it's a very expensive cologne and they don't sell it there"
    Friend - "like how much?"
    Me -"over $200"
    Friend - "NOOOO WAYYY.....no wonder it is soo good...man I need to find this cologne!"

Sur la Plage

I had 3 people tell me "you smell really good" in the span of a few hours. I was wearing Annick Goutal Mon Parfum Cheri, par Camille.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Can someone please tally up again ???

is there a quick way to tally or does one have to go through the whole thread...

i think most of it is about application?

I tried this one out recently - smelled good when I put it on, but minutes later I couldn't smell it myself.... why is this?...and is it a common problem??

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    I tried this one out recently - smelled good when I put it on, but minutes later I couldn't smell it myself.... why is this?...and is it a common problem??
    Yes, it's olfactory fatigue. I personally didn't have this problem with Aventus but many do.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It's nice when people like the way you smell, but wearing fragrance in order to seek compliments is a sad and pathetic state reserved for the egotistically insecure. Try focusing on the ones you like.

"Efficient mating strategies are good in principle, but this one is doomed. Waste time wondering which "cologne" pulls better, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. A fragrance should be right for the man, not for the job."
    If I had a scent on I find mediocre or boring and was getting compliment from women I would probably not take their compliments very highly. You really think this generic smelling sh#t is good, or did you just want to get my attention?!

Of the scents I have tried so far here is my list of most compliments.

1. My own woodsy fragrances (Many compliments from men too)
    2. Black XS (This was before I discoved niche and DIY perfumery. Only compliments from younger women/girls)
    3. Hinoki CdG (Get the most compliments from the "cooler chicks")
    5. Straight to Heaven by Kilian
    6. Acqua di Parma
    7. Possets Testosterone
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolaï
    9. Encre Noir
    10. Eau de Cartier

Two compliments yesterday with 212 VIP

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool Water used to be my only cologne. And people like it.

I got into dozens of other more unique and sophisticated colognes, but in the end Cool Water is the only one that I personally find that women consistently like.

Getting 4 compliments on Christmas eve while wearing one of my most successful blind buys ever, and my absolute favorite gourmand scent at the moment ? PRICELESS !

Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I get the most compliments by far from women with Bleu de Chanel. Men however ask me the most when I'm wearing Rochas Man. Probably because both of those on me have monster sillage. I also get female compliments quite often on Green Irish Tweed and Himalaya. The only thing ever said to me while wearing Aventus was " Did you spill gasoline on yourself?" LOL

What is the most favored scent that fit a 30 years old man? Been reading a lot of pages, and hard to tell about the ages on these forums. :-)

Edit
    And I want a scent that I can wear all day without been called stinkbug or similar. :-)

Musc Ravageur from several family members yesterday...awesome stuff!

Cool Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    You forgot A*men, Incense Ultramarine and YSL PH

You must try Hai Karate Pheromone Extreme layered with Lemon Pledge and a twist of Phoenix. Drives them wild!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Getting 4 compliments on Christmas eve while wearing one of my most successful blind buys ever, and my absolute favorite gourmand scent at the moment ? PRICELESS !

Hmmm... this one seems to be getting lots of attention lately. Will be keeping an eye on this!
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Is this for real??? And are comments actually favorable? And most importantly, could it kill every other fragrance like Jack Bauer does to terrorists?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Is this for real??? And are comments actually favorable? And most importantly, could it kill every other fragrance like Jack Bauer does to terrorists?
    Lol...well i never watched the show ( probably seen one episode by mistake), but the scent is amazing. Comments were favorable indeed
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

It is fairly inexpensive too

I can't stress enough how good 24 Gold is.

The cashier (oh wait it's a male, but OK he was cute) at the supermarket:
    'I know: it's Gentleman The One'
    Me, embarrassed:
    'Sorry, I can't smell it. Did I spray too much? It's the first time I use it.'
    He:
    'No, it is strong but it smells lovely.'

It wasn't D&G ... but Maison Kurkdjian, Absolue pour le Soir...
    I wear it to feel cozy, I didn't know other people could smell it, and I never expected a compliment with this fragrance.

What's 24 Gold? lol

Aventus, Le Male, and Pure Malt
    Last edited by JLopez4; 2nd January 2012 at 08:00 PM.