Code of Conduct
Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,660 of 6231

Default Re: Which scent gets you the most female compliments?

So how many sprays of Aventus and where?? The only time i got a complimet wearing this was 7hrs after application BUT i sprayed about 8 times lol.

To maximize Aventus compliments and female sexual attention:

For 2010 batches: 4 sprays: 1 chest, 2 neck, 1/2 on each wrist.

For 2011 batches: 6 sprays: 2 chest, 2 neck, 1 on each each wrist.

In the summer if wearing flip flops, 1/2 spray on each foot. Smell rises. Incredible Aventus effect and will definitely get you compliments and maybe even suggestive flirting.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    To maximize Aventus compliments and female sexual attention:

For 2010 batches: 4 sprays: 1 chest, 2 neck, 1/2 on each wrist.

For 2011 batches: 6 sprays: 2 chest, 2 neck, 1 on each each wrist.

In the summer if wearing flip flops, 1/2 spray on each foot. Smell rises. Incredible Aventus effect and will definitely get you compliments and maybe even suggestive flirting.
    I have a '10 batch and use 1/4 to 1/2 of what G Man uses and it's still VERY noticeable.

2 positive comments on Puredistance M, one was last night... a smoking hot girl I met at an absinthe bar was very enthusiastic about it "Oh my god, you smell amazing... wow, what IS that?".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    2 positive comments on Puredistance M, one was last night... a smoking hot girl I met at an absinthe bar was very enthusiastic about it "Oh my god, you smell amazing... wow, what IS that?".
    Gah! I really want to try this one.. but it is a pricey devil. Wish I could get a hold of a decant 5ml-10ml. Luckyscent has 1ml samples, but they aren't spray bottles which is what I need.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Gah! I really want to try this one.. but it is a pricey devil. Wish I could get a hold of a decant 5ml-10ml. Luckyscent has 1ml samples, but they aren't spray bottles which is what I need.
    You don't need a spray of this to try it out. I have decanted samples of this into an atomizer, and just got the 17.5 mL spray so I have tried it both ways. I feel the composition is more balanced when dabbing, and prefer to apply it that way. When sprayed, the cinnamon and vanilla are more prominent, plus the sillage gets a little too loud for my liking. A friend of mine commented that it was very strong and I only used 2 sprays to the chest. I normally dab it by upending the sample vial with my finger over the end, then apply with my finger to chest, sides and back of neck. Doing it this way uses a little less than .1 mL. I'm not sure why this frag was packaged in a spray bottle, it is just too much for a 25% extrait... at least for me. I may end up using a mimi-funnel and spraying my 17.5 mL back into a sample vial to apply it...

You don't need a spray of this to try it out. I have decanted samples of this into an atomizer, and just got the 17.5 mL spray so I have tried it both ways. I feel the composition is more balanced when dabbing, and prefer to apply it that way. When sprayed, the cinnamon and vanilla are more prominent, plus the sillage gets a little too loud for my liking. A friend of mine commented that it was very strong and I only used 2 sprays to the chest. I normally dab it by upending the sample vial with my finger over the end, then apply with my finger to chest, sides and back of neck. Doing it this way uses a little less than .1 mL. I'm not sure why this frag was packaged in a spray bottle, it is just too much for a 25% extrait... at least for me. I may end up using a mimi-funnel and spraying my 17.5 mL back into a sample vial to apply it...
    Wow, okay, thanks! You've inspired me to order two 1ml sample vials from Lucky Scent. Hope I enjoy it!
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Wow, okay, thanks! You've inspired me to order two 1ml sample vials from Lucky Scent. Hope I enjoy it!
    I hope you like it... with many people it takes a few wearings to really wrap your head around it and "get" it, so give it some time. For me, it is head and shoulders above any frag I have sampled so far.

Default Re: Which scent get's you the most female complime

Normally I wear either Bandit, Amouage Gold (men's version) or Eau de Reglisse.

However during the day I wear Spanish Leather Colgne, by George Trumper a London men's hairdresser.

This fragrance is like a woman magnet, to the extent that I am continually stopped in the street by woman of all ages who wish to compliment me and want to know what it is I am wearing, it is quite amazing.

Having thought about it the only possible answer for this odd situation is that when it dries down my particular skin type somehow enhances the fragrance and thus combines to produce an unique aroma.

Anyway as a result of this I have had many interesting conversations, and the occasional expresso, with people from every part of the country. Who would have thought that a bottle of mid-range cologne could have produced such strong positive reactions in others.

The only male comment came whilst standing in line for a reception when the man behind me said " You smell better than my wife!" I turned to him and replied, "I wouldn't know Sir, I have never smelt your wife." He went very red, I thought that he might even explode, instead he left the queue and rejoined at the back.

Wearing interesting fragrances has the potential of being hazardous!

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Months ago I got a compliment from a young male superviser (early 30) at my office when I wore 'One Million' on the way to a night club with office co-workers. He thought I smell delicious, frankly it was quit weird to get a compliment like that from a guy, but it is a compliment never the less.

Last month, I got another compliment from my mother (50+) when I tested 'Timbuktu' on my skin, she think it smelt awesome. Hours after that she think it smelt even better. She said I should buy it. I really love it.

Last week I got a compliment from another male superviser (40+) when I wore 'Terre d'Hermes', he thought I smelt great and it is a classic scent.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Basenotes Member

I was waiting to get a drink at a bar and was told by the girl next to me that I smelled "yummy" while wearing Creed's Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    Months ago I got a compliment from a young male superviser (early 30) at my office when I wore 'One Million' on the way to a night club with office co-workers. He thought I smell delicious, frankly it was quit weird to get a compliment like that from a guy, but it is a compliment never the less.

Last month, I got another compliment from my mother (50+) when I tested 'Timbuktu' on my skin, she think it smelt awesome. Hours after that she think it smelt even better. She said I should buy it. I really love it.

Last week I got a compliment from another male superviser (40+) when I wore 'Terre d'Hermes', he thought I smelt great and it is a classic scent.
    I'm not sure this constitutes "female" compliments. I guess, technically, your mom is a female. Lol
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    I'm not sure this constitutes "female" compliments. I guess, technically, your mom is a female. Lol
    Lol.

I should only posted the part about my mom.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

had met two women for business at my office, when they've arrived within two minutes both have commented 'well, it smells quite nice in here' (in typical british fashion, not paying a direct compliment). i did not say anything, pretending that i did not hear; a few minutes later they've given up to their curiosity and said 'it must be you, what are you wearing?' i said 'l'artisan parfumeur - tea for two'. they said 'it smells really really nice' with a blank expression on their faces then changed the subject which led me to believe they've never heard of it. still, that's the first time i get a compliment at work from women i've never met before and in a business setting.

Another compliment on Aventus. Oddly, both of the females that have really liked it (both separated by time and distance and not related) look roughly similar in terms of hair color, skin tone, race, age-range, and attractiveness.

Application method: expressed about 1 drop to one wrist, touched wrists together, touched wrists to the two carotid areas.
    Time of compliment after application: about 4.5 hours!
    Comments: 2011 batch from NYC Creed store. Aventus is not a personal favorite of mine, admittedly I only wear it to please women. I can barely smell it, even directly after first applying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post
    Another compliment on Aventus. Oddly, both of the females that have really liked it (both separated by time and distance and not related) look roughly similar in terms of hair color, skin tone, race, age-range, and attractiveness.
    what features do they share in common or who do they look like that we would all know? :P

MY GOD THIS AVENTUS!

I dont like the scent very much because I find it so-so. But DAYUM based on this thread.

Just a matter of time before Sean Jean AdVENTUreS is available at a department store near you!

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    MY GOD THIS AVENTUS!

I dont like the scent very much because I find it so-so. But DAYUM based on this thread.

Just a matter of time before Sean Jean AdVENTUreS is available at a department store near you!
    It's inevitable, we'll be seeing I Am Napoleon soon.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I got a "wow you smell nice" from a female while i was wearing Guerlain Homme. I forgot how nice this stuff smells. Works great in this crazy Australian heat we are getting atm.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    MY GOD THIS AVENTUS!
    OG?

So does the frag that you guys have mentioned that gets compliments have good silage. I am trying to find out which among the compliment getter has better silage?

Quote Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
    So does the frag that you guys have mentioned that gets compliments have good silage. I am trying to find out which among the compliment getter has better silage?
    Black Oud by Montale, Aventus, Homage Attar and Tribute Attar by Amouage. I am sure that Puredistance M has pretty good projection and sillage also. I have not had the plessure of trying it. I am also wanting to try some Maison Francis K...
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Little Story :

I have an "anti-fragrance" friend. This guy is sooooo against wearing fragrances. He think they all smell the same, that smell like cheap, alcool, well... he really don't like fragrances. I made him smell over 150 fragrances since we know each other (over 10 years). All the well-known fragrances/house to the least ones. He always told me the same thing : "smell all the same, too synthetic, smell like soap, etc..". Always negative...............

...Until 2 months ago, we was shopping and I said "hey I know you really don't like fragrances, but you have to smell another one. Its called Aventus". I sprayed it on a paper and gave it to him. His reaction was "OMG!! WTF! THIS, smell reallyyyy nice haha! It smell like a rich guy, the kind of smell I would smell in a luxurious villa. DAMN!". I was like "OMG!! Do you really like it or.... you are kidding me?? Since 10 years, over 150 fragrances was always negative and now bam! You like one! I'm surprised!". He told me that if it wasnt too expensive he would probably wear it for some occasions....

So, since that, I see Aventus like a real GOLDMINE! I mean, its the only one that made my anti-fragrances friend really positive about fragrances. The only one he really loved from all the ones he smelled since 10 years ago. THIS, is the proof that aventus is a real best! If my "anti-fragrances" friend liked this smell, its because it smell really nice!

Silver mountain water nailed me a compliment today. SMW, MI and Aventus are all huuuuuuuge compliment getters. Its all you need if fishing for attention

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    Little Story :

I have an "anti-fragrance" friend. This guy is sooooo against wearing fragrances. He think they all smell the same, that smell like cheap, alcool, well... he really don't like fragrances. I made him smell over 150 fragrances since we know each other (over 10 years). All the well-known fragrances/house to the least ones. He always told me the same thing : "smell all the same, too synthetic, smell like soap, etc..". Always negative...............

...Until 2 months ago, we was shopping and I said "hey I know you really don't like fragrances, but you have to smell another one. Its called Aventus". I sprayed it on a paper and gave it to him. His reaction was "OMG!! WTF! THIS, smell reallyyyy nice haha! It smell like a rich guy, the kind of smell I would smell in a luxurious villa. DAMN!". I was like "OMG!! Do you really like it or.... you are kidding me?? Since 10 years, over 150 fragrances was always negative and now bam! You like one! I'm surprised!". He told me that if it wasnt too expensive he would probably wear it for some occasions....

So, since that, I see Aventus like a real GOLDMINE! I mean, its the only one that made my anti-fragrances friend really positive about fragrances. The only one he really loved from all the ones he smelled since 10 years ago. THIS, is the proof that aventus is a real best! If my "anti-fragrances" friend liked this smell, its because it smell really nice!

Yeh Aventus is a stunner, everytime I wear it, I get at least one compliment. It's appealing, unique, and very long lasting especially to the people Around you.

Wore Dior Homme intense (vintage) on New Years Eve..got several positive reactions. The vintage and reformulation are truly awesome scents IMO

Quasar Adventure today.

1.5 ML - glass spray vial: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...distancem.aspx

They also have 5 ml sprays for $74.99

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    1.5 ML - glass spray vial: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...distancem.aspx

They also have 5 ml sprays for $74.99
    or you can get 1 mL from luckyscent for $6

what features do they share in common or who do they look like that we would all know?
    Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Julianne Hough

I'm formulating a hypothesis that Aventus may contain some note, compound, etc. that can be detected by those with a genetic ability. I am not a huge fan of Aventus. I think I'm missing the gene. All I get is ash pineapple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post
    Kate Hudson, Reese Witherspoon, Julianne Hough
    You attire the blondie...Weird. Me its the opposite. The most of the girls that compliment me when I wear Aventus are the tanned-brunette, like Angelina Jolie.

My God, if people start talking about female genetics and Aventus... the world is definitely coming to an end.

People that like smokey smells will like this. I smelled this on my brother a few times. It smells like a camp fire with somebody roasting a pineapple over it. I even asked him if he had been near a fire, and he said no, he just sprayed Aventus on a few hours before. It's that simple dudes. My girlfriend hates smoke, period. And not suprisingly, she hates Aventus. She must have defective Chromosome D343242 on the Zochrymoatic Loci.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    My God, if people start talking about female genetics and Aventus... the world is definitely coming to an end.

People that like smokey smells will like this. I smelled this on my brother a few times. It smells like a camp fire with somebody roasting a pineapple over it. I even asked him if he had been near a fire, and he said no, he just sprayed Aventus on a few hours before. It's that simple dudes. My girlfriend hates smoke, period. And not suprisingly, she hates Aventus. She must have defective Chromosome D343242 on the Zochrymoatic Loci.
    My early batch of Aventus smells NOTHING like ash/campfire. It has more of a clean/fresh vibe to it. I've been asked if I just got out of the shower when I was wearing Aventus.

My early batch of Aventus smells NOTHING like ash/campfire. It has more of a clean/fresh vibe to it. I've been asked if I just got out of the shower when I was wearing Aventus.
    The ash/campfire comes from smoking too much marijuana just before application.

Default Do different colognes attract girls of different ages?

Example, John Vavartos may not be as effect in highschool, compared to let's say, post college women?

Which do you think younger women find attract? Armani? Versace?

I'm 20, and I wasn't sure what's really well for me age group...I just started getting into buying cologne. I really enjoy it

I'm sure, it depends on how my skin relates to each of the notes... But I don't think aramis original etc would smell good on young men haha.

Default Re: Do different colognes attract girls of different ages?

To put it more bluntly, yes, different people have different tastes.

You know you could wear the most expensive fragrance made from the finest ingredients only to have some chick diss it.lol I think it's best to go for a scent that you like and one that makes you feel confident about yourself. And you will find younger women will find that attractive. Good luck on your search.

Young people are more easily led and influenced by advertising which is why there is premium in the advertising world reaching young people. As such, the scents likely to attract young women are whatever the current trendy scents are. The new stuff being heavily promoted, advertised or pushed by SAs. But it is unfair to women, or men to simply dismiss it at that. Your scent isn't very likely to attract or repel anybody...that's mostly on you. But a good scent can help give you a "fair advantage."

I think you, like every up other young guy who stumbles in here looking for the "magic juice," are over thinking this. But as I guy I understand. And appreciate your researching this at the number one place for frags.

Quite soon, even as I am typing this likely, other young guys will be in here extolling the "lady killing" powers of La Nuit, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme, etc, etc

Those are all good scents well worth investigating. But as you all seek the "magical" juice, take one minute, flip it, and ask yourself if there are there any feminine perfumes that are so intoxicating to you that you would find yourself suddenly smitten with a woman you weren't already attracted to in some way.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 8th January 2012 at 09:33 PM.

smeller

What StylinLA already said is the best advice you could get.

To answer the thread question - perhaps but it's something I don't bother to consider when I choose a fragrance to wear.

Yes, different colognes attract differents ages. A 18 years old chicks will not be so attracted to a strong manly cologne like Kouros and a 40+ years old woman will not really be attracted by "young sporty" colognes. She will more be attracted by mature manly scent.

Well, if you want to attract young girls, there is only one word : Aventus!

Oh no, wait, forget it!...... Aventus attract ANY womens!

Yes, different colognes attract differents ages. A 18 years old chicks will not be so attracted to a strong manly cologne like Kouros and a 40+ years old woman will not really be attracted by "young sporty" colognes. She will more be attracted by mature manly scent.

Well, if you want to attract young girls, there is only one word : Aventus!

Oh no, wait, forget it!...... Aventus attract ANY womens!
    Well, swell. There's your answer. Coolboy has dinfiinitively answered your question, unlike my lame attempt.

We can now be certain that there is ironclad evidence that women can be so easily pigeonholed. Put on Kouros and 40 year-old- women will flock to you regardless of your age. He's thoroughly researched this as I recall.

"chicks?" Really? Kind of "80s" like Kouros, isn't it?

Almost a statement, rather than just a question

From what I know, the most diversified scents in my wardrobe hat the most diversified effects on very different types, age groups etc. of women - in fact, I was often surprised that scents that even I almost dissed as too unspectacular and too trite often gathered way more compliments than expected, while popular crowd-pleasing compliment-getters as well as niche classics only got, again contrary to expectations, "meh" and/or indifferent reactions

Strictly from what I know so far, there is no universal formula applicable to ALL possible scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Put on Kouros and 40 year-old- women will flock to you regardless of your age. He's thoroughly researched this as I recall.
    I see you took my post too seriously...

Its sure that if you are 18 years old and you put on Kouros, the 40 years old woman will not be so attracted to you because you are a kid for her. But lets say there is 2 guys that have both the same age, lets say 45. The womens of 40 years old will be more attracted to the guy with a mature scent (kouros, polo...) than the 45 years old wearing CK BE...

I see you took my post too seriously...
    No, I have never taken your posts seriously.

No such thing as a love potion to attract women and you won't find it in any fragrance.

You have only your looks, charm, intelligence, and bank account.

Personally, I would love to date and marry a man wearing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Clive-Christia...d_sim_sbs_bt_6
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by primrose View Post
    no such thing as a love potion to attract women and you won't find it in any fragrance.

Personally, i would love to date and marry a man wearing this:

http://www.amazon.com/clive-christia...d_sim_sbs_bt_6
    yikes!

Sorry, it's not the scent that attracts women, it's the man wearing the scent... Do you fall for every woman just because they smell nice? Sure, it helps to create an impression, but that's as far as it goes
    LOST! in scent and music

Whilst this sounds like a reasonable claim, let me tell you about this woman I was dating which was quite a bit older than me. She absolutely disliked Santos and instead loved Allure Homme Sport. Then again, she was a bit of a craddle snatcher, so perhaps she is the exception to the rule.

When I first got into fragrances it was to find that magical juice that attracted all. I soon found out that it doesn't exist. What makes a good fragrance is the person wearing it, how it suits the situation (environment, what you're wearing, ect..) and of course the people smelling it.

You will never find a scent that everyone likes or something that will give you a shoe in to any situation. Imo a fragrance is just a way to help portray yourself at a given time.

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    No such thing as a love potion to attract women and you won't find it in any fragrance.

Personally, I would love to date and marry a man wearing this:

http://www.amazon.com/Clive-Christia...d_sim_sbs_bt_6
    I'm wearing this right now, Primrose. My private limo will be in front of your home in 10 minutes, no matter where you live. Just PM me.

I expect you to wear this when we meet:

http://www.amazon.com/Clive-Christia...6064166&sr=1-9

I must say I am quite amused that Amazon has posted a $435,000 item. Is someone REALLY going to buy this online and entrust it to USPS or some other shipper?

Do they offer a credit card with a $500,000 limit?

Have you read those reviews on Amazon for that $435,000 bottle of perfume.? ?They are hysterical.

Buy the colognes you find attractive and that will attract the women of your age. It's funny how nature works like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stylinla View Post
    no, i have never taken your posts seriously.
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or you can get 1 mL from luckyscent for $6
    He wanted a spray.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    No, I have never taken your posts seriously.
    I must admit, I laughed. Pretty darn hard, at that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    Sorry, it's not the scent that attracts women, it's the man wearing the scent... Do you fall for every woman just because they smell nice? Sure, it helps to create an impression, but that's as far as it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by out of smoke View Post
    Buy the colognes you find attractive and that will attract the women of your age. It's funny how nature works like that.
    sage advice ^^^^^^^^^

No, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    The ash/campfire comes from smoking too much marijuana just before application.
    lol, there are an awful lot of BN'ers reporting Aventus as ashy...